• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Does Hgvc recognize your third party purchases toward your status?
depends on the property and how it was purchased. You need to purchase it from an HGV authorized resale location and be a property listed in the reference guide as being elite qualifying. For Craig Lodges, for example, you need to buy it from the HGV resale office in Scotland and HGV does recognize it. We became Elite Premier because of a purchase there but if you buy a resale week for Craig Lodges from a different third party, then it won't count.

Last edited:

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Does Hgvc recognize your third party purchases toward your status?
Not 3rd party but some resales purchases do count if they were purchased via HGVC onside agent. As mentioned already by @HuskerATL some of the Scotland properties, Valdoro and FL Gulf properties (not sure if these still count). I would ask the onsite agent if they will count.

CXiRJS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just found out Strand exercised ROFR on a deed with 2 platinum oceanfront deeds at Ocean Oak (15360 x 2) for $30,720. Bummer.

We wanted OO because we would use it for home weeks. Onto the next one…

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Just found out Strand exercised ROFR on a deed with 2 platinum oceanfront deeds at Ocean Oak (15360 x 2) for $30,720. Bummer.

We wanted OO because we would use it for home weeks. Onto the next one…
Unfortunately that seems about right. From what it sounds like the oceanfront premier rooms need sell for over $20000 a piece to pass ROFR.

Whippet

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land
Bot 1br Kings Land 14880 points on eBay. Purchase 4/4, cleared ROFR 5/8, point in my account 5/25. Timeshare Cures was eBay seller, transaction was smooth. Price was $6000 all in, no closing costs. No 2023 points so no maintenance fee adjustment.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried to buy 2 Ocean Enclave 1 BR 13440 Platinum deeds from two different sellers.

First one with $12k purchase price, free 2023 points, and buyer paid closing cost (About $2k including activation) failed ROFR about 2 weeks ago.

Second one for $14k, 2023 points already used up, and seller paid closing (including a credit to pay my $655 activation fee and $199 club due) just passed ROFR.

I tried to structure first purchase to have higher purchase price and seller paid closing but was told it didn't really matter because the developer factored it all in. First contract is technically about $600 cheaper factoring in free points. Was it the $600 that caused it to fail or did they look more towards purchase price.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tried to buy 2 Ocean Enclave 1 BR 13440 Platinum deeds from two different sellers.

First one with $12k purchase price, free 2023 points, and buyer paid closing cost (About $2k including activation) failed ROFR about 2 weeks ago.

Second one for $14k, 2023 points already used up, and seller paid closing (including a credit to pay my $655 activation fee and $199 club due) just passed ROFR.

I tried to structure first purchase to have higher purchase price and seller paid closing but was told it didn't really matter because the developer factored it all in. First contract is technically about $600 cheaper factoring in free points. Was it the $600 that caused it to fail or did they look more towards purchase price.
That is interesting. I wonder if it has more to do with who reviews the ROFR or timing, i.e. they have picked up X number so now need to let some pass since they are stuck with them until they sell them. I am surprised the second one passed though since most SC fail.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is interesting. I wonder if it has more to do with who reviews the ROFR or timing, i.e. they have picked up X number so now need to let some pass since they are stuck with them until they sell them. I am surprised the second one passed though since most SC fail.
Going through Judi for both purchases and both contracts were signed same time. They were waiting for estoppel before submitting ROFR to developer and estoppel for first one came in much quicker. The ROFR failed for first one before estoppel came in for second. I asked if I can increase offer for second one to $15k since I thought it was going to fail too but they said it was too late to do that. I don't really get why but didn't want to push it. Worked out in the end.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Going through Judi for both purchases and both contracts were signed same time. They were waiting for estoppel before submitting ROFR to developer and estoppel for first one came in much quicker. The ROFR failed for first one before estoppel came in for second. I asked if I can increase offer for second one to $15k since I thought it was going to fail too but they said it was too late to do that. I don't really get why but didn't want to push it. Worked out in the end.
you can compare to rofr.net

1685640442619.png

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
you can compare to rofr.net

View attachment 77439

The 2BR Plus is same amount of points but higher MF. It failed at $15k but mines passed at $14k. From and MF/p perspective my deed is more valuable. From a property value perspective the room is bigger so it's more valuable. So that may somewhat explain why mines passed and that one didn't.

I saw those before putting in my offers. But they were listed with $14k asking prices so I thought Judi listed them with knowledge with what would pass ROFR. I was just haggling little bit on closing cost to save some money but I guess I shouldn't have.

My original offer was $14k on first contract with seller paid closing and reimbursement for points. Seller didn't want to pay the 2-2.5k closing so wanted 12k straight up. When I got contract to sign it changed to free points so final cost was actually lower than my original offer. I just signed it without questioning it further.

My greed might of cost me in the end. Paying another $1-2k would still be worth it long term vs. the LV deeds with slightly higher MF but lower cost. Then again I am going to try to do a massive trade in to get into MAX if the numbers are right. This deed is not a good trade in with the higher acquisition cost.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 2BR Plus is same amount of points but higher MF. It failed at $15k but mines passed at $14k. From and MF/p perspective my deed is more valuable. From a property value perspective the room is bigger so it's more valuable. So that may somewhat explain why mines passed and that one didn't.

I saw those before putting in my offers. But they were listed with $14k asking prices so I thought Judi listed them with knowledge with what would pass ROFR. I was just haggling little bit on closing cost to save some money but I guess I shouldn't have.

My original offer was $14k on first contract with seller paid closing and reimbursement for points. Seller didn't want to pay the 2-2.5k closing so wanted 12k straight up. When I got contract to sign it changed to free points so final cost was actually lower than my original offer. I just signed it without questioning it further.

My greed might of cost me in the end. Paying another $1-2k would still be worth it long term vs. the LV deeds with slightly higher MF but lower cost. Then again I am going to try to do a massive trade in to get into MAX if the numbers are right. This deed is not a good trade in with the higher acquisition cost.
My Craig Lodges cost me about what you paid in closing....and then I use the points from them at Enclave, OO, etc....:)

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Was it the $600 that caused it to fail or did they look more towards purchase price.
I believe it was the purchase price because the free 2023 pts won't factor into the evaluation for Stand (IMO). As I am sure you are aware, Strand (developer of SC properties) controls the ROFR. They have been very aggressive. I also believe that what @HuskerATL posted in post #782 also has some bearing.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Working with Judi to buy something else and she mentioned they just exercised ROFR on contract for $500 more so she's not sure why they do what they do.

cowboyfan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village 8400 points
Working with Judi to buy something else and she mentioned they just exercised ROFR on contract for $500 more so she's not sure why they do what they do.
Have you had any success with Liberty Place Charleston resales? Does Judi have any Liberty Place resales available. Thanks in advance

Hdub08

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issue with Hilton exercising ROFL on Kings' Land? We're anxiously waiting to hear back on a 2 bedroom premium during platinum season. Thank you in advance!

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

JeetALB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our first HGVC purchase thru TUG Resale via broker - passed ROFR. This is a 2BR Plat 11.2K pts for $3K at Tuscany Vill, also posted in rofr.net
Thanks to all TUGers for this incredible site which has been an invaluable resource.

Hdub08

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issue with Hilton exercising ROFL on Kings' Land? We're anxiously waiting to hear back on a 2 bedroom premium during platinum season. Thank you in advance!
Update, Hilton waived the ROFL! :whooopie: We are working with Syed and will pay $15k for a 2bd premium (23,040) annually.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Update, Hilton waived the ROFL! :whooopie: We are working with Syed and will pay $15k for a 2bd premium (23,040) annually.
Nice, congratulations. You got it at a great price also. We own that unit. It has great MF/pt. That is how I am using it. I only use that unit as a points generator.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
W57th 8400/STP Plat just sold for $999 on EBay. I know the winning bidder :)

see if it passes ROFR

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Failed ROFR on another Ocean Enclave, 1 BR 13440 Platinum, at $13.5k and seller paid closing.
Unfortunately for resale buyers, the developer, Stand, has been very aggressive. I honestly don't understand why HGV doesn't do the same thing.

Edited to add: But wait, HGV until after I pass my latest purchase (cheap LV purchase with low MF for a great low price) on ROFR before you change your policy.

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Failed ROFR on another Ocean Enclave, 1 BR 13440 Platinum, at $13.5k and seller paid closing.
Not surprising. Strand exercises ROFR on almost all SC properties