• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Refund for Coronavirus cancellations?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
DW called Wyndham again today about the reservation we cut short at Margaritaville Nashville last week. We stayed one night of a 4 night reservation but they couldn’t refund our points until after our original checkout date which was Sunday. This morning, Owner Care was able to access the information and they refunded 82,000 points for the 3 unused nights to our account. We did not have Points Protection for this reservation. I do have Points Protection for a trip to Destin scheduled for April 3rd. I was wondering if I could get a refund of the PP fee if I have to cancel. Looks like no.
We're in Destin at Emerald Grand. Been here for going on two months. Things are getting busier as the days pass. Mostly because of Spring Break. Since this is not a Wyndham managed resort, pool, fitness center and hot tub are open. All the restaurants on Harbor Walk are open and McGuire's across the street is packed because of St Patrick's Day. Parting in the parking lot. Area beaches are open and water sport outfitters are out and about renting jetskis, parasailing, charter boats, etc.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
My ressie is at Majestic Sun. DW can’t come so I was just planning on 3-4 days of quiet time reading, sitting on the balcony, and eating a few good meals. I’m not cancelling yet but I probably will. The danger would be me getting exposed down there and bringing it back home. Don’t want to take that chance.

Harry

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of the bars and restaurants on the water are open air and there is always a breeze to dissipate everything. Majestic Sun's pool isn't managed by Wyndham so it's open. Keep.your distance of others and you should be okay. We just back from McGuire's Irish Pub. Two bars and the band is setup in the parking lot. The restaurant is open too. Good time!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Most of the bars and restaurants on the water are open air and there is always a breeze to dissipate everything. Majestic Sun's pool isn't managed by Wyndham so it's open. Keep.your distance of others and you should be okay. We just back from McGuire's Irish Pub. Two bars and the band is setup in the parking lot. The restaurant is open too. Good time!

Glad you’re having a good time. Stay safe!

Harry

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
Whole state of Florida restaurants are closed down starting at 5:00 p.m. today

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Key West is shutting down at 5pm. We had already cancelled our Duval St St. Pat's experience, so no disappointment for us. Was not aware that it was a state thing, but, I'm not surprised. Stay safe people!!!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's almost 7PM. We are in Destin and all the restaurants and bars are still open here. Nothing in the news about restaurant closures. Only bars and nightclubs will be effected.

Last edited:

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Might be hard to enforce. Or, the message just did not get out.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is a link to the actual order on the state website. Basically, any establishment that makes over 50% of it’s gross income from alcohol sales must stop selling alcohol and restaurants must limit occupancy to 50% and ensure a 6-foot distance between any group of patrons and limiting parties to no more than 10 individuals.

Harry

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I just canceled almost 1 million points worth of reservations. I refunded almost $8,000 for canceled reservations and have three more that I'm waiting for responses from the renters. If all three want to cancel, that'll be another $5,000.

Told my wife she needed to start taking in laundry.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just canceled almost 1 million points worth of reservations. I refunded almost $8,000 for canceled reservations and have three more that I'm waiting for responses from the renters. If all three want to cancel, that'll be another $5,000.

You told your wife SHE needed to start taking in laundry? I know what my wife would have told you!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
You told your wife SHE needed to start taking in laundry? I know what my wife would have told you!

Yeah, well, you know. Actually, since my office is shut down and I have to work at home, I guess I could pitch in. Do some folding maybe. Pair socks.

Thanks, pal!

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

I'm working on that, too :-(
To add insult to injury, I got several nice upgrades today and something is wrong with Wyndham's messaging - they keep telling me over and over that the rooms have been upgraded (the ones I'm going to have to cancel).

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
To add insult to injury, I got several nice upgrades today and something is wrong with Wyndham's messaging - they keep telling me over and over that the rooms have been upgraded (the ones I'm going to have to cancel).
I have refunded about $5000 this week. I was so excited to almost have the years maintenance fees from rentals and now Im going to have to work at it again. I don‘t get any notification when my rooms get upgraded. Do you get a message of some kind?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have refunded about $5000 this week. I was so excited to almost have the years maintenance fees from rentals and now Im going to have to work at it again. I don‘t get any notification when my rooms get upgraded. Do you get a message of some kind?
It's tough, April is my best month. Lot of work ahead of us, hopefully people will want to vacation later this year.
I get email notifications, but I put my email address on the confirmations and then forward them - do you use your email address or your renters?

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
It's tough, April is my best month. Lot of work ahead of us, hopefully people will want to vacation later this year.
I get email notifications, but I put my email address on the confirmations and then forward them - do you use your email address or your renters?

I put the renters email on the reservation. I might start using mine and forwarding like you do. Thanks!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If any of your upgrades were to 4BR Presidential units at Bonnet Creek, they're probably my cancellations.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I put the renters email on the reservation. I might start using mine and forwarding like you do. Thanks!

I used to use my email address and phone number but this year, I'm using the renters email and mobile phone. I got tired of getting all the texts that resorts are sending.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Daytona 500 and Bike Week basically paid my maintenance fees. I just made the virus cutoff.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I agree. The weeks before and after Easter are my best weeks of the year. Besides the Wyndham reservations, I have some floaters that I put in those weeks. I just got confirmation that a April 11 start was moved to Week 47 (Thanksgiving week). Also trying to negotiate an in-house exchange at another resort -- Week 21 for Week 40. I have a renter for Week 40. I was going to exchange Week 52 for Week 40.

Good thing about being VIP Platinum is that I don't really care if I have some points at the end of the year. Last year I was out of points on July 2, I think it was. This year, I may have points left over.

Not much point in looking for Wyndham bargains inside 60 days. There's probably a ton of them now or will be but if you can't use them, there's no point.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Now that borders are closed except for essential traffic, this will get worse before it gets better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I originally thought we might be okay for our June reservation at Ocean Ridge, but now I'm not so sure and I'm looking at the points deposit deadline at the end of March. Sigh. It would be nice if that was extended.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If any of your upgrades were to 4BR Presidential units at Bonnet Creek, they're probably my cancellations.
I wasn't that lucky, lol. I guess I should be glad, it would only be that much more painful.