• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Refund for Coronavirus cancellations?

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Thanks. She said she felt “off” today. So I said it’s either nerves or you have it but a mild case which wouldn’t be such a bad thing if you get done with it. I know Australia is working on an antibody test. Hopefully they can push that along. I’d love to be able to test to see if I had it.
Are you able to go through the drive throughout?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Are you able to go through the drive throughout?
im fine now thank God. She’s Just waiting to see if symptoms pop up. She’s working in the hospital so she would get tested ASAP

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks. She said she felt “off” today. So I said it’s either nerves or you have it but a mild case which wouldn’t be such a bad thing if you get done with it. I know Australia is working on an antibody test. Hopefully they can push that along. I’d love to be able to test to see if I had it.
I have a crazy story about my daughter (physician) (and yup, definitely hijacked this thread, sorry). Two weeks or so ago she was not feeling well and had coronavirus symptoms. Try as she may (and trust me, she is the most persistent person I know) she could not get authorization to be tested. Not feeling it was ethical to return to work, she had a respiratory viral panel done (spending her own money to do so). She tested positive for Coronavirus OC43. OC43 is a cousin to COVID-19. This explains why she had the coronavirus symptoms. There are some theories and studies in progress that think perhaps having OC43 will give you immunity to COVID-19. I keep thinking how awesome it would be for her to be tested for the antibodies. It will be peace of mind for her. She is tormented (as I'm sure everyone in the medical community is) about bringing COVID home to her family (she is considering living away from them for a few months). But also, she could then treat patients more freely. So that's my wish - a test for antibodies.

I hope your SIL is okay. My sister (a nurse) and I were just talking about this tonight, why not just get it over with (to which my daughter would say, because it might kill
you).

Maybe I can bring this back to topic. One reason I don't "mind" giving refunds, I appreciate the decisions being made to cancel vacations. I don't want to be the reason anyone travels at this time - glad to see people staying home.

Best of luck to everyone!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I have a crazy story about my daughter (physician) (and yup, definitely hijacked this thread, sorry). Two weeks or so ago she was not feeling well and had coronavirus symptoms. Try as she may (and trust me, she is the most persistent person I know) she could not get authorization to be tested. Not feeling it was ethical to return to work, she had a respiratory viral panel done (spending her own money to do so). She tested positive for Coronavirus OC43. OC43 is a cousin to COVID-19. This explains why she had the coronavirus symptoms. There are some theories and studies in progress that think perhaps having OC43 will give you immunity to COVID-19. I keep thinking how awesome it would be for her to be tested for the antibodies. It will be peace of mind for her. She is tormented (as I'm sure everyone in the medical community is) about bringing COVID home to her family (she is considering living away from them for a few months). But also, she could then treat patients more freely. So that's my wish - a test for antibodies.

I hope your SIL is okay. My sister (a nurse) and I were just talking about this tonight, why not just get it over with (to which my daughter would say, because it might kill
you).

Maybe I can bring this back to topic. One reason I don't "mind" giving refunds, I appreciate the decisions being made to cancel vacations. I don't want to be the reason anyone travels at this time - glad to see people staying home.

Best of luck to everyone!
Good information about OC43. That’s the thing, just get it over with.....but it could kill you. So sad.

yes, I agree. While I had no refunds, I could not in good conscience let someone take their family during this time. Rather than lose the money I offered to move the date to the end of the summer. I can’t keep doing that so I’d have to say, if this is still on going we have bigger problems. I’m hoping by the summer with the extreme heat it won’t last on surfaces and will slow down a bit allowing people to emerge into the world a bit.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Good information about OC43. That’s the thing, just get it over with.....but it could kill you. So sad.

yes, I agree. While I had no refunds, I could not in good conscience let someone take their family during this time. Rather than lose the money I offered to move the date to the end of the summer. I can’t keep doing that so I’d have to say, if this is still on going we have bigger problems. I’m hoping by the summer with the extreme heat it won’t last on surfaces and will slow down a bit allowing people to emerge into the world a bit.

I just did another $4,990 worth of refunds based on Wyndham's latest "no check-ins before" date. I had offered the refunds a few days ago. I know a lousy vacation when I see one!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I just did another $4,990 worth of refunds based on Wyndham's latest "no check-ins before" date. I had offered the refunds a few days ago. I know a lousy vacation when I see one!
It’s rough but what can we do?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
It’s rough but what can we do?

Not much, but if you can carry forward passive business losses, let me know how! This is gonna be a BAAAD year!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Not much, but if you can carry forward passive business losses, let me know how! This is gonna be a BAAAD year!
Idk much about that. This happened to just be a unit I wasn’t using this year. Luckily I can carry the week next year

TheresaK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure this is the place for this but...I have maintenance paid ($1500) on 2 weeks at Umbrella Beach at Holmes Beach, FL. The weeks are the end of May and the beginning of June. I called to see if I could push those weeks back later in the year and was told they were full. They are doing nothing about the fees I paid. Is there some way to get at least a partial refund?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm expecting to see resort closures through May and maybe into June. Hopefully not, but this is a national emergency.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm expecting to see resort closures through May and maybe into June. Hopefully not, but this is a national emergency.

I think May for sure and I wouldn't bet against closures through June. If places open in June, it may be just in certain geographical areas.

I know Wyndham wants to wait until almost the last minute to announce closures but I think they're hoping against hope. The sooner they announce additional closures, the sooner we can decide what to do with the cancellations -- book at the end of the year or roll points forward.

I may have mentioned it in another post but the other thing that Wyndham could do would be relax the policy about overlapping reservations. I don't expect it and frankly, it's too much to ask.

P.S. I'll add that I'm on my third week of teleworking -- what the Defense agency calls min-manning/max-telework. We've had two confirmed cases, one of which resulted in a fatality.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure this is the place for this but...I have maintenance paid ($1500) on 2 weeks at Umbrella Beach at Holmes Beach, FL. The weeks are the end of May and the beginning of June. I called to see if I could push those weeks back later in the year and was told they were full. They are doing nothing about the fees I paid. Is there some way to get at least a partial refund?
At least Jessie James robbed his victims with gun and you knew you were getting robbed. Unbelievable that this resort offers nothing to help in this circumstance.