• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points deposit / usage order

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gosh - I started all this....and all I really want to figure out is:
should I book a "fake reservation" to use all my "this year points" - to force using my "pooled/pushed" points for what I WILL use, then cancel the fake, so I have points to RCI deposit or push ...at the end of the year !

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
should I book a "fake reservation" to use all my "this year points" - to force using my "pooled/pushed" points for what I WILL use, then cancel the fake, so I have points to RCI deposit or push ...at the end of the year !
If you’re talking about current use year points. An easy test for you is to look at the amount of points that are available for deposit. Then make a random reservation & then see if the points that are available for deposit are still there.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
No.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked a reservation for February for two weeks in Florida. I booked it with a RARP. It was for 200,000 points.since the RARP will use any points, when I finally deposit 262,000 points into 2021 even though they're not deposited yet it will use my deposit forward points first even though they were not in my account prior to making the reservation. Why? Because I used no benefit. RARP is based on how many points I bought not what kind of points it is.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
So is Arp, so dont we all agree that points are allocations not buckets? I'm sorry but it feels like we keep talking in circles and your only thing against that is what someone has told you instead of the proof the system has shown.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the use of this strategy. Please post the results so we all can utilize this loophole if needed.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Loophole not logic.

Unintended Loophole then, if you can save more than your annual allotment. I never end up saving my entire amount so I have never try to verify the logic or the numbers.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Loophole not logic.
Unintended Loophole then, if you can save more than your annual allotment.
No one has claimed that you can deposit more than your ownership total points for the current use year into a future use year.
There is no loophole, it’s just his typical stirring of the pot trying to cause conflict & confusion. Especially troubling when dgalati is NOT even a Wyndham owner

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dale, I think you can only use them for standard reservations. Which is after the 10 month booking window. So if it’s for a reservation in the ARP period you would have to use unbanked, non-borrowed, current year points.

Taken from Wyndham timeshare users group

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Raymond Gonsowski no. My response is to 'unless explicitly requested otherwise. You can no longer do that, but they simply determine by math since all expire on same date. If you have used all 154,000 for ARP, you would need to use your banked points this year. If you only used 100,000 points during ARP, and you used 54,000 points for another reservation after 10 months you would be able to bank the remainder points before the last date that your ownership allows you to do so. If y

That's all I could get it to copy.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Ok first a recap of what I own
All are July 1 - June 30th use year

CWA 500,000
Panama City Beach 520,000
Royal Vista 269,000

I cancelled a Nashville reservation for June that I had booked within the 10 month window so no arp was used when I made the reservation. I pushed these points to my next use year July 1 2020. I had zero points available before this deposit

I then tried to book Great Smokies lodge and Bonnett Creek. Over 10 months it said not enough points but within 10 months obviously it allowed with my deposited points. I thought well I was wrong. Then remembered that I had used all my CWA points for arp next year. So I went back and tried arp for Royal Vista- IT ALLOWED. I thought well maybe they were coded Royal Vista so I tried Panama City- IT ALLOWED. I have no use for these points right now so I will likely have them July 1 when I will see if I can points deposit them again since I obviously havent deposited any from next year yet since I'm not allowed yet it should allow me since I haven't used my allotment.

Summary- We are solely dealing with allotments, No more buckets. With this virus stopping all vacations, if done properly you will be able to push all points to next year. Use all the arp you are allowed and redeposit the deposited points. I personally love this and see nothing wrong with and dont see how it hurts Wyndham at all so hopefully when they release another website it stays.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok first a recap of what I own
All are July 1 - June 30th use year

CWA 500,000
Panama City Beach 520,000
Royal Vista 269,000

I cancelled a Nashville reservation for June that I had booked within the 10 month window so no arp was used when I made the reservation. I pushed these points to my next use year July 1 2020. I had zero points available before this deposit

I then tried to book Great Smokies lodge and Bonnett Creek. Over 10 months it said not enough points but within 10 months obviously it allowed with my deposited points. I thought well I was wrong. Then remembered that I had used all my CWA points for arp next year. So I went back and tried arp for Royal Vista- IT ALLOWED. I thought well maybe they were coded Royal Vista so I tried Panama City- IT ALLOWED. I have no use for these points right now so I will likely have them July 1 when I will see if I can points deposit them again since I obviously havent deposited any from next year yet since I'm not allowed yet it should allow me since I haven't used my allotment.

Summary- We are solely dealing with allotments, No more buckets. With this virus stopping all vacations, if done properly you will be able to push all points to next year. Use all the arp you are allowed and redeposit the deposited points. I personally love this and see nothing wrong with and dont see how it hurts Wyndham at all so hopefully when they release another website it stays.
Did you buy from Wyndham or resale? Are you VIP and what level? Last how far in advance did you book Royal Vista and Panama City Beach?

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
All resale, and it allowed me anything over 10 months up to 13 months out

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

You are likely in a good position to answer this question definitively.

My assumption on how they implemented it appears to works based on math and allocation of points in a year. It is blind to the type of points that it is. What the intended rule is and what was systematically implemented it two completely different things.

There are limits that it calculates on if you use ARP in a year. There are limits it calculates if you save. I suspect, but have yet to prove that currently the system is NOT smart enough to know if you ARP then it should remove that total from the amount you can save, but I don't think it was implemented with the AND logic when it checks totals. Save and ARP are checking the limits, but Save is not removing the ARP from the calculation. If that is the case then you can save this year. ARP next year and still save.

Doesn't mean that Wyndham, once they read. this figures out their error in logic and fixes it, but it would nice to understand exactly how the system functions now.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
I'm not sure why Wynhdam would actually care. To me this makes their accounting so much simpler for them and also to explain and help us. Make everyone have the same use year and have allotments instead of buckets. That way when someone cancels who cares where the points go back as long as they go back at all the allotments still allow the proper arp and points deposit that they deserve.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not sure why Wyndham would actually care. To me this makes their accounting so much simpler for them and also to explain and help us. Make everyone have the same use year and have allotments instead of buckets. That way when someone cancels who cares where the points go back as long as they go back at all the allotments still allow the proper arp and points deposit that they deserve.

They may not care, but it was never intended that you save point from last year, book ARP this year and then also save your allotment for next year just because the logic allows it. The logic should be to take Max Points less ARP with the balance as the total that should be what is available for saving.

There are the rules and then there is what is systematically enforced. Those are two completely different things. But we have yet to prove what the system logic is that was really implemented. As a Business Analyst I can tell you that understanding requirements can be tricky and interpreted wrong and then implemented wrong.

There was a loophole in the logic at HGVC that I exploited for years, they finally a few years ago corrected that logic.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
They may not care, but it was never intended that you save point from last year, book ARP this year and then also save your allotment for next year just because the logic allows it. The logic should be to take Max Points less ARP with the balance as the total that should be what is available for saving.

There are the rules and then there is what is systematically enforced. Those are two completely different things. But we have yet to prove what the system logic is that was really implemented. As a Business I can tell you that understanding requirements can be tricky and interpreted wrong and then implemented wrong.

There was a loophole in the logic at HGVC that I exploited for years, they finally a few years ago corrected that logic.
Well said. I would recommend using any loophole you can to your advantage.

Last edited:

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Were on the same page, hope you dont think I'm arguing with you. I'm pretty sure I remember VC's telling us in the beginning that we were dealing with allotments or allocations instead of buckets now. It is a simple system for them to manage and explain to owners and I dont know how it hurts anyone. Essentially your just prepaying for a year in a advance to maintain your arp and to have the flexibility. And their rules I think for the most part hold true. I cant deposit royal vista points for next year and then add them to that years royal vista points to make a bigger reservation.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were on the same page, hope you dont think I'm arguing with you. I'm pretty sure I remember VC's telling us in the beginning that we were dealing with allotments or allocations instead of buckets now. It is a simple system for them to manage and explain to owners and I dont know how it hurts anyone. Essentially your just prepaying for a year in a advance to maintain your arp and to have the flexibility. And their rules I think for the most part hold true. I cant deposit royal vista points for next year and then add them to that years royal vista points to make a bigger reservation.
Not me! Call it buckets or a simple math equation or allotments. Your all wrong. If you use your bucket points or simple math points or alloted points during arp it takes away from your ability to deposit forward use year points.

No way can you have the ability to deposit forward up to the number of use year points you own no matter how you use them. If you use all your use year points during ARP you will end up with the inability to deposit any points forward. Wyndham is tracking points. Points are not points it does matter you just will not see it. Im going to remain calling them buckets. You can call it what ever.

The only way to ensure you can deposit all your points left over is by using a RARP which uses deposit points and resale points first or book during the ten month window.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
There may be joint accounting between ARP and forward depost; I have a converted fixed week that I never anticipate using for ARP so I don't particularly care. There is at least one other combination that is *not* jointly accounted-for (even though my reading of the rules suggest it should be.)

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There may be joint accounting between ARP and forward depost; I have a converted fixed week that I never anticipate using for ARP so I don't particularly care. There is at least one other combination that is *not* jointly accounted-for (even though my reading of the rules suggest it should be.)
When you use your ARP isn't that done outside the club? I owned at FoxRun and when I converted that's when I was told that. Sorta like using a PIC.