• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points deposit / usage order

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It would be zero if all points were CWA and used for ARP. IF in the example of an owner with 154,000 points all CWA with 50,000 points deposit forward uses 100,000 points during ARP the most that owner could deposit forward would be 54,000 points even though he has 104,000 points left under hisntotal use year points. So, it is not all or none, I'm actually surprised that was your conclusion given the variables and the inability to actually test the system.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Well you change the data points, so you got a different answer. I said use up ALL of your available ARP. Your example is use less than your ARP.

Again I don't want speculation I want screen shots and proof. But I am not in a situation where I can test and show this, but there might be someone out there who is NOT VIP and who is coming into the Save window at the end of the month. We might be able to find some actual data points and make a conclusion about what the system is actually doing.

Are you in this position. Can you take some screen shots from the My Ownership Page

1) show total points available (from Points screen)
2) show total points available to Save (Deposits and RCI Screen)
3) show ARP booking you made (from Vacations Page)

Then Figure out the math....

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well you change the data points, so you got a different answer. I said use up ALL of your available ARP. Your example is use less than your ARP.

Again I don't want speculation I want screen shots and proof. But I am not in a situation where I can test and show this, but there might be someone out there who is NOT VIP and who is coming into the Save window at the end of the month. We might be able to find some actual data points and make a conclusion about what the system is actually doing.
I answered your question in the first sentence then showed where it could be somewhere between zero and all use year points. I guess the first sentence should have said yes if the owner uses all his ARP points the result would be zero even though he has 50,000 points left.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
If no one else does I will test this on July 1st, I have July to June use year so I cant until then. I hope that it works the way I believe is correct. It would be nice to eventually get to a point where I'm rolling 100% or close to next year but still using arp privileges. Reason for me is I get what I want and never lose points or have to deposit in RCI.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
4) you need to then check how many 2021 points THE SYSTEM is showing you can deposit into either 2022 or 2023. (Can you even do this now, what is the window for saving points?? If not set all the dates back by 1 year, and if you did all those things check the facts.)
No, you can’t. You can only use points deposit after the start of the use year. That’s why it’s a hard experiment to run - because you may have to wait up to a year to see it through.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, you can’t. You can only use points deposit after the start of the use year. That’s why it’s a hard experiment to run - because you may have to wait up to a year to see it through.
He can if as capital city indicates used nothing but ARP to book, had points deposited forward greater than what he plans to deposit forward, it should show less than the amount of points he would like to deposit. I monitor mine as the use year comes close to my use year end which is also December. Basically if he is done booking he can see what's left to book.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If no one else does I will test this on July 1st, I have July to June use year so I cant until then. I hope that it works the way I believe is correct. It would be nice to eventually get to a point where I'm rolling 100% or close to next year but still using arp privileges. Reason for me is I get what I want and never lose points or have to deposit in RCI.
You can check now just don't do it. It will tell you the number of points that qualify for deposit forward. You may want to book an additional stay.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can check now just don't do it. It will tell you the number of points that qualify for deposit forward. You may want to book an additional stay.
If we get a new owner website with Privileges this whole discussion is meaningless & we’ll have this same discussion a year from now.
We should just wait for Privileges & try to figure out how the system works then

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If we get a new owner website with Privileges this whole discussion is meaningless & we’ll have this same discussion a year from now.
We should just wait for Privileges & try to figure out how the system works then
Capital city points expire the end of June, the new levels take effect in August. I doubt the possibility that WYNDHAM will be putting out a new website. At best they will only change the last eligible deposit date. Also the question has been asked. Besides it would be very easy for capital city to check how many of his points qualify for deposit forward.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
He can if as capital city indicates used nothing but ARP to book, had points deposited forward greater than what he plans to deposit forward, it should show less than the amount of points he would like to deposit. I monitor mine as the use year comes close to my use year end which is also December. Basically if he is done booking he can see what's left to book.

If I understand what you're saying, he can't check right now - he has to wait to the start of his use year in July. Because if he were trying to use points deposit today, it would be for 2020 points, and not the 2021 points where he described what he had already used for ARP next year - which is what we want to check on. That's why I said it's a hard experiment to run because you may have to wait up to a year to see it through - in this case, several months.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I understand what you're saying, he can't check right now - he has to wait to the start of his use year in July. Because if he were trying to use points deposit today, it would be for 2020 points, and not the 2021 points where he described what he had already used for ARP next year - which is what we want to check on. That's why I said it's a hard experiment to run because you may have to wait up to a year to see it through - in this case, several months.
I was assuming that capital city was going to deposit forward his 2020 points since he books under ARP. That's why I said he doesn't have to wait till then that he can check now as it will tell him how many points qualify for the deposit forward benifit. It will either any points he has not used as the points available to deposit it if he used them all this year it would show zero points available.if it is for his 2021 points. And he has booked all under ARP then it will show after July one. We will not know which year unless he chimes in again.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
?? Did I miss an announcement??
Resorts maybe be shut until August. I hope Wyndham extends current use year points the same amount of time that resorts are closed and reservations can not be booked.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts maybe be shut until August. I hope Wyndham extends current use year points the same amount of time that resorts are closed and reservations can not be booked.
I’ll clarify for you on what raygo123 stated, “the new levels take effect in August” referring to the new Privileges levels.
That has nothing to do with how long the resorts might be closed.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ll clarify for you on what raygo123 stated, “the new levels take effect in August” referring to the new Privileges levels.
That has nothing to do with how long the resorts might be closed.
None of the new benefits matter if resorts are still closed was the point. Levels dont matter if travel restrictions are in place. Privileges are a moot point if reservations cant be booked.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
None of the new benefits matter if resorts are still closed was the point. Levels dont matter if travel restrictions are in place. Privileges are a moot point if reservations cant be booked.
I kinda think the sun will come up tomorrow & the resorts will reopen before too long. Stop acting paranoid, like the sky is falling!!!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I kinda think the sun will come up tomorrow & the resorts will reopen before too long. Stop acting paranoid, like the sky is falling!!!
No this is a little more serious then you believe. Its been declared a national emergency. I was in Vegas 3/7-3/14 and watched it unfold from no big deal to lets get out of town. Do you think 30 day lock downs are happening because govenors are paranoid or do you believe its fine beaches, restaurants and bars are still open in Florida?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
No this is a little more serious then you believe. Its been declared a national emergency. I was in Vegas 3/7-3/14 and watched it unfold from no big deal to lets get out of town. Do you think 30 day lock downs are happening because govenors are paranoid or do you believe its fine beaches, restaurants and bars are still open in Florida?
I was in Puerto Rico until Wednesday so I kinda have an idea on how this unfolded also. If the 30 day lockdown works or not, I’m in the camp that thinks life will work it’s way back to normal after that. This GREAT country isn’t going to stay locked down for 6 months & I’ll take any $$ amount bet you’d like to make on that!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was in Puerto Rico until Wednesday so I kinda have an idea on how this unfolded also. If the 30 day lockdown works or not, I’m in the camp that thinks life will work it’s way back to normal after that. This GREAT country isn’t going to stay locked down for 6 months & I’ll take any $$ amount bet you’d like to make on that!
Always does. Why pay for a product that can't be deliverd. Airlines and Wyndham have dropped policies on no refunds for cancellations. Why not cancel maintenance fees until reservations are available. Or let owners push points into next year for time reservations are not available? It sounds like the fair thing to do?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Always does. Why pay for a product that can't be deliverd. Airlines and Wyndham have dropped policies on no refunds for cancellations. Why not cancel maintenance fees until reservations are available. Or let owners push points into next year for time reservations are not available? It sounds like the fair thing to do?
Back to nonsense & I’m done!!

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k

I have all resale so I only have the first 3 months of my use year for points deposit. I also currently have 0 points available next use year so I'm hoping Wyndham will allow people to deposit points that have had to cancel due to this virus. If so all I will have available in July will be deposited points. I will then try to book arp to Panama City and see if they are blind for arp as I own there but used those points for Hawaii. I will then see if it will allow me to deposit to the next use year as they shouldn't be allowed since they will be points that have already been deposited but I havent used any of my allowed points. This should tell us if we have allotments or buckets.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have all resale so I only have the first 3 months of my use year for points deposit. I also currently have 0 points available next use year so I'm hoping Wyndham will allow people to deposit points that have had to cancel due to this virus. If so all I will have available in July will be deposited points. I will then try to book arp to Panama City and see if they are blind for arp as I own there but used those points for Hawaii. I will then see if it will allow me to deposit to the next use year as they shouldn't be allowed since they will be points that have already been deposited but I havent used any of my allowed points. This should tell us if we have allotments or buckets.
It will be interesting on how Wyndham responds to this.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
With so many points being pushed forward, there's likely to massive oversupply next year resulting in a mad scramble to book reservations at 12 AM.

It might be best to use those points in the current use year if possible.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

If as paxsarah said it’s just math, is the math currently programmed linking your July 2020 regular use year to your July 2020 ARP?

Such that borrowing from your July 2020 into July 2019 somehow reduces both the July 2020 regular use year math and the July 2020 ARP math.

If you just owned at one resale resort it’s doable, but if you own multiple resort resale UDIs it could cause them an ARP math programming problem. So maybe they reduce each ARP resort eligibility prorata between the total July 2020 points owned vs the total July 2020 points borrowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you deposit forward points from last year to this year? If not it will not be a test. Some deposited points are needed to see if all your points move to the next use year as we already know use year points do move forward. So basically the test would come if Wyndham let's you deposit forward all your points or only your use year. Once you cancel due to virus, you can check to see if you "can" move all points forward. You do this by simply looking at the website. That will tell you immediately with out actually doing a deposit. Again, it is not the ability to book ARP, but to see if you can move all your deposited points from this use year to the next. We already know that you are limited to the number of CWA you own to book ARP, we don't know if using all THOSE use year points for ARP, up to what you own, will your total points move forward or since all your were used for ARP your deposit forward points no longer qualify to move forward. If they do, I'm wrong, but if they do not I'm right. There are still buckets which is also called a mathmatical calculation.