• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

owners.marriottvacationclub.com CURRENT IT ISSUES [MERGED]

anthonycasta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI
It just happened again. I paid $90 to lock-off while booking a reservation and it charged me but I got this instead of a reservation:
"Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your reservation at this time. Please try again or contact Owner Services at 800.845.4226"
I've tried to book a week 8 times today, I have 8 pending charges for $90! It's very frustrating the website is very clunky and not responsive half the time.

I tried to call to book the week and was faced with over an hour hold time, so I'm back to seeing how many more pending charges I can rack up before calling on Monday to book the week!

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
Is the website down this weekend? It's sunday and I am trying to book my weeks and pay membership dues and site won't do anything.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
I just called to try to make a waitlist reservation. Was told the waitlist system is down. I then asked if it will be back later today, and the rep told me it's been unavailable for a month...

I bet they don't tell you that at a sales presentation! :crash:

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For the past week, the following screens return an error: my weeks reservations booked, my current available DC points, my account profile. My spouses MVC account is fine but they haven't fixed mine yet.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to beat on a dead horse, but if I recall correctly, I have rarely considered Marriott's IT capabilities something to be happy about as a customer. Something just seems to come up often enough where I just know they are not doing the best they can, and it would not surprise me if they were simply being CHEAP about hiring capable professionals and spending on higher end technologies. But, we have what we have

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not to beat on a dead horse, but if I recall correctly, I have rarely considered Marriott's IT capabilities something to be happy about as a customer. Something just seems to come up often enough where I just know they are not doing the best they can, and it would not surprise me if they were simply being CHEAP about hiring capable professionals and spending on higher end technologies. But, we have what we have
From what I understand, they are outsourcing their IT and development to a third party. THis brings in many more complexities and chances for failure.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, they are outsourcing their IT and development to a third party. THis brings in many more complexities and chances for failure.
Yes, it certainly does. Do you know about when this outsourcing occurred or you are saying it's an active transition? I wonder how many years it took Marriott to figure out they just weren't good at this part of the business.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody else having problems logging in Abound through Vistana?
I am getting this message: "LOGIN FAILED
There seems to be an issue logging you in to the Marriott Vacation Club website. Please return to Vistana.com and try again, or contact Owner Services if the issue persists."

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've not been able to log in to the Abound site for a few hours now. It allows me to put in my user name and password, but then it takes me back to the owner log in page. Unable to access anything.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can login now today. But cannot see my booked points reservations

BreakingAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines (1)
Marriott Grande Ocean (4)
Yes, it certainly does. Do you know about when this outsourcing occurred or you are saying it's an active transition? I wonder how many years it took Marriott to figure out they just weren't good at this part of the business.
Marriott IT has provided inadequate service to owners for several years. The new CEO was promoted from head of the IT department so he must have been doing a great job…from Marriott perspective. But, based on comments from customer service expectations of IT services on these pages, customer service expectations are not being met. Customer service after the sale is not as highly valued as cost cutting. High quality customer service often adds costs. For example, the bot named Sunny has never provided any service to me until I ask for a representative. With this said, my interactions with operational level Marriott employees has always been exceptional.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott IT has provided inadequate service to owners for several years. The new CEO was promoted from head of the IT department so he must have been doing a great job…from Marriott perspective. But, based on comments from customer service expectations of IT services on these pages, customer service expectations are not being met. Customer service after the sale is not as highly valued as cost cutting. High quality customer service often adds costs. For example, the bot named Sunny has never provided any service to me until I ask for a representative. With this said, my interactions with operational level Marriott employees has always been exceptional.
To be accurate, he was not the head of IT department. The CIO reported to him. But I agree with you, he is incompetent, and oh, that means that he gets promoted!

stslc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside, MOC Sequel
I have been disappointed with the change in the MVC owners' website since they changed something in April/May. I own an enrolled week and a post 2010 resale Maui week that is not enrolled. Until May, I was able to search the points system to check availability so I could decide whether to convert to points or not, or rent points if needed. This functionality has been removed and you cannot search if you do not have active points available for next year.

After escalating to a Customer Advocacy manager who was unable to influence any change, I wrote Steve Weisz Stephen.Weisz@vacationclub.com to let him know how I feel about not having the freedom to use a digital experience to search for availability without waiting for at least one hour to speak with a CSA when I am just curious about availability for an upcoming trip.

A director of Customer Experience: greg.reynolds@vacationclub.com responded and after I clarified exactly what I was looking for sent the following:

Thank you for your response and clarification. I have been in contact with the Web Development team and they confirmed this is not an option unless you have Destinations Points in your account. Do you plan on electing your 2024 Mountain Side week? Also, is there a specific place and dates that I can check availability for you?

Best regards,
Greg Reynolds
MARRIOTT VACATIONS WORLDWIDE

Greg Reynolds

Director, Customer Advocacy
CUSTOMER ADVOCACY

Needless to say, I am disappointed I cannot access the point system without first committing to converting my week. Please use the email addresses above to let MVC leadership know how you feel about their issues and policies. Maybe if they hear from enough customers, they will listen.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
... cannot access the point system without first committing to converting my week. ...
This seems to have always been the way or worked since inception of the program? At least for the handful of times I tried looking for availability without first committing my week for points

Even my Diamond Resorts ownership allowed me to search for availability in their Club without having the points in the account first.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Same here.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran