• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

owners.marriottvacationclub.com CURRENT IT ISSUES [MERGED]

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I can fill in all the info and search...but an error message comes up after about 2 mins...bad request....check logs for details.....and another......Fatal Error Searching Availability.....please check the logs

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we should have Sightings post that alerts us when it actually works because it seems like it doesn't work more than it does.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I think MVC should start having respect for their owners....and stop thinking We(MVC) have what you want...and we will decide when you can get a reservation.....no availability......you dont like it....TOUGH!

Last edited:

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think MVC should start having respect for their owners....and stop thinking We(MVC) have what you want...and we will decide when you can get a reservation.....no availability......you dont like it....TOUGH!
I think you're misunderstanding why there is no availability. If 100 people want to reserve, say, Christmas week, and a resort only has 50 units, the 51st to 100th persons trying to book are going to see that there is no availability left. What do you expect Marriott to do, wave a magic wand to make 50 more units apppear out of thin air?

r0geredwards

Reaction score
I got in and got availability for a resort but clicked the check in and it's spun for an hour with new searches erroring out.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I think you're misunderstanding why there is no availability. If 100 people want to reserve, say, Christmas week, and a resort only has 50 units, the 51st to 100th persons trying to book are going to see that there is no availability left. What do you expect Marriott to do, wave a magic wand to make 50 more units apppear out of thin air?
Agreed…I’m not remotely looking at a scenario you mentioned..not even close..so there is no misunderstanding on my part..thanks for the reply.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed…I’m not remotely looking at a scenario you mentioned..not even close..so there is no misunderstanding on my part..thanks for the reply.
Ok, I'll bite. What situation are you facing where MVC is just capriciously not allowing you to book even though there are units that have not already been spoken for?

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score
1669131056435.png

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite. What situation are you facing where MVC is just capriciously not allowing you to book even though there are units that have not already been spoken for?

marriott IT issues where you are not even able to check availability is a completely different issue with lack of availability. Maybe if the website worked, we can get to that level of complaints

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
marriott IT issues where you are not even able to check availability is a completely different issue with lack of availability. Maybe if the website worked, we can get to that level of complaints
IT problems are definitely infuriating. But it's not the same thing as MVC purposely withholding inventory and saying no, we're not allowing you to book.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
IT problems are definitely infuriating. But it's not the same thing as MVC purposely withholding inventory and saying no, we're not allowing you to book.
Never meant they actually say”not allowing you to book”…imo..its a mindset that MVC has..a mind set..thanks for the reply

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
100% correct

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
It's been non-functioning for me for a while. I cannot book my Grand Chateau week I just bought. I just wanted to deposit it for 2023.

Maybe they are combining Vistana and Marriott together, huh? That would be cool. Vistana's website is not great for me, either. I have two weeks that aren't showing in my account. That's just weird.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
But you can always use the Chat?:wall:
Just a follow up...I finally got through on the chat feature about 40 minutes ago...it took a while for the advisor to make and confirm the ressie for a Ko Olina 1BR MV Penthouse Villa...:)

Last edited:

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another day another IT screw up. MVC should pay us for their incompetence. This is such total disrespect for we who pay their salaries. No way does this get better after the long awaited launch.

kyaustin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points Searches on MVC are down AGAIN, Fatal Error, check the logs they say.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Points Searches on MVC are down AGAIN, Fatal Error, check the logs they say.
Points searches are working OK for me just now.
What I have found in the last couple of days is that using iPad Safari with NordVPN, I have had to switch off the VPN to consistently navigate the owner website?!

flyboy0681

Reaction score
I encountered an issue two weeks ago that I haven't seen reported here, although it may have been much further back in the multitude of postings. When I went to reserve a deeded week for my Desert Springs unit I got all the way through the transaction, but when I pressed the "Book it" button on the last page I received a message that the system was "unable to process your request". This went on all day for the same requested check-in date to the point where I finally gave up and called the request in.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

This has actually happened to me in years past with no explanation by MVC. There are threads on it but very old. The scenario was a low demand week where all units were already gone instantly at inventory release. I spoke to a manager who explained all the inventory was already booked. When I questioned this really could not be the case since it really was not a high demand resort or week there was no further explanation. Nothing was available. Several weeks later the entire resort was available.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I encountered an issue two weeks ago that I haven't seen reported here, although it may have been much further back in the multitude of postings. When I went to reserve a deeded week for my Desert Springs unit I got all the way through the transaction, but when I pressed the "Book it" button on the last page I received a message that the system was "unable to process your request". This went on all day for the same requested check-in date to the point where I finally gave up and called the request in.

Has anybody else experienced this?

This has happened to me since November 18, but not sure about today I am working on it. To make matters worse it charged me the lock-off fee even though it never made the reservation. This happened a few years ago as well. I have to make a painful phone call where I have to explain to a rep that I was charged a lock-off fee with no reservation. In which case I will have to get transferred and explain it all over again.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It just happened again. I paid $90 to lock-off while booking a reservation and it charged me but I got this instead of a reservation:
"Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your reservation at this time. Please try again or contact Owner Services at 800.845.4226"

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
This morning, I was able to 1) pay my maintenance fees, and 2) book at Westin resort, on the MVC web site. I also checked my balances and did a couple of different other searches. The site was as responsive as I've seen it in maybe years.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
FYI, I just used the Chat feature on the website to take care of something and while I got through right away and was only third in line it took a looooooooong time for her to do something that lately has only taken a few minutes. We got to talking while waiting and she said that there are a lot of people using the system, lots of owners as well as more reps than usual, so everything on their end is slow.

It's understandable, and if you were around back then you know that the same thing happened after the DC/Abound implementation, so try to have some patience. This isn't any fun for the reps, either. :)