• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

owners.marriottvacationclub.com CURRENT IT ISSUES [MERGED]

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was buggy last Monday a.m. Wonder if they are running updates or uploading inventory then.

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let us all recall that the new CEO touted his knowledge of IT as a skill.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
The phone line says you're out of luck, too, because they can't do anything either.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Still not able to log in. :crash:

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another Monday, another tech release, another problem logging into the system. Par for the course...

Whoever their head of technology, they should be terminated.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
The squirrels spinning the power wheels are taking a break.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We had two recent sales presentations about 5 days apart. During the "get to know you" chit-chat at the beginning I noted my frustration with the web site and both presentations were done under an hour with no real sales offer because they knew there was no way in hell we were buying anything.

Even the sales teams know how aggravating this is.

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gave MVC benefit of the doubt that they were actually updating the system with added inventory, etc. Logged in today and bupkis.
Same old system. Oh, but I did get my 2023 DC dues.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I know the real reason that IT is so bad. The less people can do on the website, the more people they need in owner services in order to fix problems caused by the website inefficiencies. MVC gets 10% mgmnt fee for all of these incremental costs. Since the new CEO cares more about shareholders than owners, this is a great achievement for him.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Logged in…no problem…tried to search…nothing...nada….just keeps spinning round and round….same old song and dance……pathetic

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Anybody out there betting MVC will be able to pull off the roll out of the combined Abound website by 10/31/22? (queue background laugh track now).

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Anybody out there betting MVC will be able to pull off the roll out of the combined Abound website by 10/31/22? (queue background laugh track now).
and those same bettors probably think Jimmy Hoffa died from natural causes.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Received fatal error a couple times this morning (right after 9AM EST) but stayed patient and refreshed. Finally got through (~10 minutes) on the website to book a 2023 Thanksgiving week reservation. Not ideal but we did get the reservation we were looking for.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Received fatal error a couple times this morning (right after 9AM EST) but stayed patient and refreshed. Finally got through (~10 minutes) on the website to book a 2023 Thanksgiving week reservation. Not ideal but we did get the reservation we were looking for.
Took us 30 minutes and 2 computers to get ours booked. Error message after error message. I am surprised we got Thanksgiving.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just waiting for the whole thing to collapse today. So buggy and so slow. Multiple error messages in between one or more infrequent successful searches.

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another day, another ITFU. What a bunch of inept clowns.

michael49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Waiohai Beach Club, Desert Springs II, Manor Club (Original Section), DC points
Agree on website failure today (and yesterday and the day before yesterday) but chat was available in less than 3 minutes and I easily canceled one reservation and substituted another. Less than 10 minutes on-line overall.