• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many of the Wyndham Resorts are not managed by Wyndham and what impact does that have on owners?

troy12n

Reaction score
Even this list is marginally accurate, here are some comments at resorts i've stayed at on your list.:

Wyndham Vacations Resorts Emerald Grande at Destin
- there are definitely Wyndham and non-Wyndham units here, but VIP benefits do apply, at least in terms of booking (IE: upgrades, points discounts, early checkin, etc)

Star Island
- there are definitely Wyndham and non-Wyndham units here, but VIP benefits do apply, at least in terms of booking (IE: upgrades, points discounts, early checkin, etc)
- some would argue the Star Island owned units are nicer... and have their own weird benefits

Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Sapphire Valley (Mountain Laurel only)
- And it's not just Mountain Laurel, Fairway Forrest gets VIP points discounts and suite upgrades at minimum
- FoxHunt section is the nicest section of Sapphire Valley IMHO, and i've stayed at all of them, is not Wyndham managed

Wyndham Ocean Ridge Egrets Pointe
- to my knowledge ALL units/sections at Ocean Ridge which Wyndham can put owners into get VIP discounts and suite upgrades... i've been upgraded at at least 2 sections outside of Egrets Pointe...

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Smuggler's Notch Vermont

So again, the question i've been asking is, what "Benefits" are we losing or don't have?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
So again, the question i've been asking is, what "Benefits" are we losing or don't have?
Maybe you’ve got me on ignore, but I’ve addressed this twice in this thread.
For the not managed by Wyndham resorts, the only VIP benefits not recognized are what used to be separated out as "onsite" benefits.* At this point, those onsite benefits are few and far between - early check-in when available, VIP-only check-in line. You could still get VIP discounts and upgrades if you book within the appropriate window, and free/additional housekeeping credits depending on your grandfathered status.

As I pointed out earlier, the only VIP benefits that don’t apply are the onsite benefits, which currently comprise only dedicated check-in and early check-in when available (previously also newspaper and midweek tidy, now removed from the chart). Booking benefits still apply (which IMO are the most consequential benefits, from my non-VIP perspective).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Even this list is marginally accurate, here are some comments at resorts i've stayed at on your list.:

Wyndham Vacations Resorts Emerald Grande at Destin

Star Island
- some would argue the Star Island owned units are nicer... and have their own weird benefits

Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Sapphire Valley (Mountain Laurel only)
- And it's not just Mountain Laurel, Fairway Forrest gets VIP points discounts and suite upgrades at minimum
- FoxHunt section is the nicest section of Sapphire Valley IMHO, and i've stayed at all of them, is not Wyndham managed

Wyndham Ocean Ridge Egrets Pointe
- to my knowledge ALL units/sections at Ocean Ridge which Wyndham can put owners into get VIP discounts and suite upgrades... i've been upgraded at at least 2 sections outside of Egrets Pointe...

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Smuggler's Notch Vermont

There are different tiers of benefits within the VIP program. There are VIP Planning benefits that apply regardless of where you are staying - like the points discounts that you're referring to above - which aren't what we're referring to with regard to the VIP benefits available when staying at the actual resort. These are differentiated in the screenshots I originally posted into this thread, posted again here for reference:

VIP Vacation Planning Benefits:

1673386896147.png

VIP Benefits Available During your Stay:

1673386955107.png

Please note these are from the 2009-2010 membership directory. These tables have changed in the current member directory and are no longer separated - they are all lumped into the same chart now. Screenshot below for reference:

1673387341797.png

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairfield New Bern, was a placed for total R&R for a vacation for folks from DC, Williamsburg and Coastal Virginia (From 1975 to 1990). IMHO.

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KBV, Bali Hai, Wyndham Palm Aire, Bonnet Creek, Patriot's Place, Harbour, Sea Watch, etc.
At the end of the day, and in the final analysis, the VIP program, since it's inception, is and always has been subject to change contractually and legally, up to and including termination of the entirety of the program. This language is clearly embedded in every legal contract, and it's been in the membership directories (fine print) since they have been published. As one example, here's an excerpt from the 2009-2010 membership directory VIP program (emphasis mine):

View attachment 71283

Specific to the early check-in benefit - again let's reference the 2009-2010 membership directory verbiage. Note the fine print, subject to availability (meaning this benefit is subjective based upon the resort's HOA), and available only at Wyndham managed locations:

View attachment 71284

These same statements have been in every member directory since their inception from what I've seen - they aren't new - they span back way beyond ten years in fact. That said, I can empathize that older owners who "remember the good ole days" are going to be disappointed. If you want my honest assessment, this is by design. Wyndham doesn't want the legacy owners to be happy - they'd rather have your points back via Certified Exit so they can resell them at full retail to new owners who have no such expectations to manage - and no disappointments to deal with. Wyndham implemented the grandfathering system to help stem the tide so to speak, to grandfather VIP benefits to older legacy owners in an effort to allow them to age out of the system while not losing key benefits that were deemed most important to legacy owners. In the business world, you can't please everyone - so Wyndham has preserved key benefits such as unlimited HKCs for legacy owners, that no longer apply to net new VIP owners under the newer tiered system that went into place in 2020. Obviously some owners like you, place importance on a handful of benefits that are being negatively impacted mostly by the HOAs that have chosen to no longer participate in the early check-in benefit and/or the separate VIP check-in lines. For my part, these seem to have largely gone away during the pandemic- and I doubt they will be coming back any time soon - especially with price and wage inflation on the rise.

Lastly - if we see value in creating a list of non-Wyndham managed resorts - we could certainly entertain doing that and keeping that list published as a sticky thread here on TUG. What say you TUGGERs? :cool:
There is great value to this list. Your entire post is absolutely true and proves that Wyndham is not at all fair. We legacy owners should have the same legal rights as all new owners. And Wyndham should be helping resorts they own and sell even if not managed by them. . Wyndham has done everything possible to sever their relationship with Harbour and Plantation Lake Tara III non-Wyndham managed units. This was told to me by long term POA elected officials at each resort. Where else is this occurring? Is this the Wyndham tactic with KBV too? This is an effort to exit legacy owners without the Certified Exit program and without their ability to do anything to save their Wyndham points.

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KBV, Bali Hai, Wyndham Palm Aire, Bonnet Creek, Patriot's Place, Harbour, Sea Watch, etc.
That's an excellent question and I don't have a ready answer at this time. I would surmise that this is covered somewhere in the T&Cs (small print) within the dozens of pages of contractual language that we all signed at one time or another - or it's embedded within linked documents from the contracts we signed (such as links to the founding trust documents for example). I'd have to go digging to see if there is actual contractual verbiage that covers this specific use case.
In the case of Wyndham Fairfield Plantation Tara III, I stated the fact earlier that we were never notified by Wyndham but when I was able to get online I noticed my 2023 point values were wrong. I called the VIP line and was told that the point values were correct and we were no longer Founders we were Platinum. Looking further she told us we lost 259,000 previously converted points from Fairfield days due to the resort withdrawing from Wyndham???????? When I called the resort, they verified that the resort is in the process of being sold. Wyndham did not have the respect or courtesy to notify me. I know there were over 100 other owners involved and I don't know if they were notified.

bweltsch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't you think that it was the resorts responsibility to notify you that they were selling and would no longer be in exchange with Wyndham?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In the case of Wyndham Fairfield Plantation Tara III, I stated the fact earlier that we were never notified by Wyndham but when I was able to get online I noticed my 2023 point values were wrong. I called the VIP line and was told that the point values were correct and we were no longer Founders we were Platinum. Looking further she told us we lost 259,000 previously converted points from Fairfield days due to the resort withdrawing from Wyndham???????? When I called the resort, they verified that the resort is in the process of being sold. Wyndham did not have the respect or courtesy to notify me. I know there were over 100 other owners involved and I don't know if they were notified.
I thought this had been discussed here, but I can't find anything on it. But yes, owners did receive notification because I saw it discussed in Wyndham Facebook groups by owners who received notification in July 2022 regarding this sale. One would think that there would also have been notification in the form of the HOA communications that all deeded owners should receive at least annually from their deeded locations. That is, the decision to sell was made by the HOA, which is comprised of the owners - that vote was taken in December 2021.

troy12n

Reaction score

Your misguided anger should be aimed at the timeshare, for selling out (in all likelihood selling the units to private individuals to make themselves MONEY), not Wyndham...

Just what responsibility do you think Wyndham has here? You own a converted fixed week, which isn't even owned by them. It is the same situation if you own a timeshare and use that to PIC and the timeshare either goes belly up or removes itself from RCI affiliation.

As i've told you many times, blame the timeshare or the HOA, that's where your beef is. Wyndham doesn't owe you anything, had they sent you a notification of some kind, then what? It seems like also the company who OWNS your timeshare didn't notify you either.

The way it works almost universally is that the HOA owners have to vote to sell out or not... i'm assuming you got a notification about this vote. Or maybe you ignored it? Since it was sold, i'm sure you got some sort of payout. Pennies on the dollar i'm sure, but I bet it's enough to buy a super value meal at McDonalds or something.

I thought this had been discussed here, but I can't find anything on it. But yes, owners did receive notification because I saw it discussed in Wyndham Facebook groups by owners who received notification in July 2022 regarding this sale. One would think that there would also have been notification in the form of the HOA communications that all deeded owners should receive at least annually from their deeded locations. That is, the decision to sell was made by the HOA, which is comprised of the owners - that vote was taken in December 2021.

Shocking... and as Paul Harvey used to say... "now you know, the rest of the story"

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
It all depends on the individual. Some folks fly into some resorts like us and being older try to schedule our flights so that they co-incide with a 2PM arrival. This may mean nothing to you now but after a long tiresome trip it means something to those who have health problems and bought because of these benefits. When you pay as much as we did for Founder level it it not only a dollar value benefit but a comfort one which is important. If you paid for it you should get it. And I can attest to the fact that these benefits were not a farce in the past because we were never denied early check ins prior to the last few years. It is just another broken promise by Wyndham that benefits some who need and want it. It never seems to amaze me when some folks think that all the others in the world should feel like they do.
I agree with you able 2pm being a benefit that you paid to have, but not about planes sucking based on age and health lol. I'm 33 and can handle going on incredible hulk 4 times back to back doing single rider and walking right on, but plane right are roughhhhhhhhh.

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your misguided anger should be aimed at the timeshare, for selling out (in all likelihood selling the units to private individuals to make themselves MONEY), not Wyndham...

Just what responsibility do you think Wyndham has here? You own a converted fixed week, which isn't even owned by them. It is the same situation if you own a timeshare and use that to PIC and the timeshare either goes belly up or removes itself from RCI affiliation.

As i've told you many times, blame the timeshare or the HOA, that's where your beef is. Wyndham doesn't owe you anything, had they sent you a notification of some kind, then what? It seems like also the company who OWNS your timeshare didn't notify you either.

The way it works almost universally is that the HOA owners have to vote to sell out or not... i'm assuming you got a notification about this vote. Or maybe you ignored it? Since it was sold, i'm sure you got some sort of payout. Pennies on the dollar i'm sure, but I bet it's enough to buy a super value meal at McDonalds or something.

Shocking... and as Paul Harvey used to say... "now you know, the rest of the story"
No misguided anger here but I must address your terrible incorrect assumptions. Fact-the timeshare was owned by Wyndham (Fairfield)! We bought a fixed week from Fairfield and then converted it to points. Next, Fairfield divested all their divisions (hotel, rental cars, etc.) and then became Wyndham. Yes, the HOA/POA has responsibilities but Wyndham does too. They had a dual role as both owners of individual units which they sold or were for sale plus they managed the property under a separate contract during the downward spiral. This has happened a few other times too. It is obvious to legacy owners that Wyndham does not put their ownership as important. They know we, older folks, are not interested in buying more points. I hope you understand this as it is not really that difficult.

Your salient Ignorance in the rest of your post is too extensive to address isn't important. WE OWNED THE POINTS, BOUGHT THE TIMESHARE FROM WYNDHAM AND THAT PART OF THE RESORT WAS NOT SOLD.......IT IS NOW IN THE HANDS OF THE COURT. Your WYNDHAM bias goes down the drain when it is fact that Wyndham was not only the owner but also the manager so it did have a responsibility to Wyndham owners. The HOA has stated that Wyndham's management fees and lack of solid management were one of the contributory causes of the failure.

Unfortunately, your misinformation " has not added anything except fake news to the facts as presented ". Open your eyes and don't be blinded by Wyndham in the future.

“You are master of what you say until you utter it, once you deliver it, you are its captive. Preserve your tongue as you do your gold and money. One word could bring disgrace and the termination of a bliss.”
― Ali Ibn Abi Talib A.S

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry I can only cite our own experience. We were contacted by the HOA but as I posted, Wyndham did not have the courtesy to contact us. This is not new and has been not only relating to Tara III but with KBV and Harbour too.

Neither my wife and I are fans of social media and only use it within the family. We are not members of the Facebook group you mentioned. Thanks.

Last edited:

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't you think that it was the resorts responsibility to notify you that they were selling and would no longer be in exchange with Wyndham?
They did but we purchased the timeshare from Fairfield/Wyndham, converted from fixed week to points with Wyndham and made our last Wyndham purchase moving to Platinum now Founder through Wyndham. We only found out about our being lowered from Founder to Platinum when I called and the rep said " thank you for being a Wyndham Platinum owner " and then discussing our missing points.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry I can only cite our own experience. We were contacted by the HOA but as I posted, Wyndham did not have the courtesy to contact us. This is not new and has been not only relating to Tara III but with KBV and Harbour too.

Neither my wife and I are fans of social media and only use it within the family. We are not members of the Facebook group you mentioned. Thanks.
Social media is irrelevant here except that is where I learned that this sale was taking place *and* that owners had received emails about it from Wyndham. You certainly don't have to be on social media to have received that email message.

You should check your email on file that Wyndham uses for sending official emails. Do you receive other important emails from Wyndham? The email that Wyndham uses for official correspondence (as opposed to the email used to confirm reservations or promotional newsletters) is not a user-editable field on the website. For example, if you go to "Account profile," then in "edit personal information" there is an email that can be edited - this will NOT help you with the most important emails from Wyndham. For that, you want to check what's on file at "My Ownership," then scroll down to the bottom to "Point of Contact" - the email there is the only email that these most important emails are sent. If that is not your current email address, you will have to make a request in writing (electronic will do) to have it updated. If that is your current address, then I don't have any advice but to check your spam folder (of course, most systems would have permanently deleted spam dating back to July already).

For your reference, here's a screenshot of the message the owner on Facebook received from Wyndham in July:
redacted Tara email to owners.jpg

troy12n

Reaction score
I'm sorry for you that your forum post isn't turning out like you have expected, but please stop trying to spin this like you have presented any semblance of facts. You have in fact, blatantly or not, either provided false statements or omitted actual facts which would have made your public gripe session look less favorable to yourself. Pot, please meet kettle...

We get it... you bought a timeshare which went belly up. It's a risk we take. Could happen to any of us. You played, and lost. Move on, and try to save some semblance of self respect. You aren't owed anything at this point. You don't have to keep telling us you are (excuse me, were) Founders level... we get it. For that and $2.50 you can buy yourself a coffee and a doughnut.

Owning a fixed week at the high demand (lol) vacation that is Villa Rica, GA might have been a risky move in hindsight. Trusting the HOA to manage the place properly may have been a bit too much to ask too, in hindsight.

Live and learn... look at it this way, at least you are still Platinum. None of us have any influence to change your situation.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
You should check your email on file that Wyndham uses for sending official emails. Do you receive other important emails from Wyndham? The email that Wyndham uses for official correspondence (as opposed to the email used to confirm reservations or promotional newsletters) is not a user-editable field on the website. For example, if you go to "Account profile," then in "edit personal information" there is an email that can be edited - this will NOT help you with the most important emails from Wyndham. For that, you want to check what's on file at "My Ownership," then scroll down to the bottom to "Point of Contact" - the email there is the only email that these most important emails are sent. If that is not your current email address, you will have to make a request in writing (electronic will do) to have it updated. If that is your current address, then I don't have any advice but to check your spam folder (of course, most systems would have permanently deleted spam dating back to July already).
Unfortunately it wouldn't be unusual for the OP to not have gotten that email from Wyndham.

In my own experience and that of several other owners I know we've found that sometimes all owners don't get Wyndham's emails. It's random, no rhyme or reason. In our cases there's nothing to be changed on our accounts in regards to our email addresses because we've had the same email address for years. If there's anything important in the email we'll forward it to each other to make sure the OP gets to see it.

Our old address and phone number from 12 years ago will randomly show up when we check in at a resort. In November when we checked in at Old Town Alexandria and went over to get our wristbands and parking pass they had our reservation under the name of one of the people who bought a resale from us. That resale was completed roughly 4-5 months before the reservation was even made. Several months after the transfer our $1000 rebate check from our Wyndham telesales purchase was sent to this same person. They have not ever been an owner on our account. They called Wyndham trying to find out why they received the check because there was no information at all on it to explain what it was for. No one had any answers so this person contacted me thinking I might be able to help. Eventually I was able to get it figured out and straightened out.

In early 2021 and again in early 2022 I sold resales to another person. Both he and I have struggled to get our address and email off of his account so we aren't getting his mail and phone calls from Wyndham. Before he left to be out of the country and hard to contact for several months he thought he was all set up for Paymentus. He should have been all set up except that our address and my email popped back up and the next month his auto-pay wouldn't process. For two months I received letters and increasing more frequent phone calls about his maintenance fees being past due. Each call I gave them the correct address, phone number and email and explained that he was out of the country but could respond to texts. To no avail. Without being able to access his account once Wyndham initiated the multi-factor sign in which he couldn't set up he couldn't do anything when he was in an area where he had internet access. I eventually contacted Owner Care and Paymentus explaining the situation. Even offering to make the payment myself as I was sure he was good for it. I knew from our communications he had family meeting him in Hawaii in February. That reservation was in danger of being cancelled if this didn't get straightened out asap. They couldn't take a payment from me because I'm not an owner on his account. When he was in port due to the time difference the offices he needed to contact either weren't open or if they were they would lose the call when they put him on hold or transferred the call. Out of desperation this guy who has only ever talked to me on the phone, texted and exchanged emails with me texted me his log in information so I could get into his account. I got him set up with the new sign in and corrected his information with Paymentus.

This past week a friend contacted me asking if we'll be home or gone on one of our trips because they need a two night stay at one of the Pompano Beach resorts for when they return from a cruise. We live in the area so I can make the reservation and check in for them and not worry that it will look like I'm renting. These are friends that we sometimes share units with so the points aren't a concern and we're way past caring about whose turn it is. For several weeks they haven't been able to book anything. Even Owner Care can't book anything for them which makes it even worse. No one has any idea what the problem is and all they can do is put in a ticket. In the meantime we're reading about other owners who can't book anything and have had tickets in for almost a year or over a year. Hopefully Owner Care is able to make reservations for those people and they aren't in the same situation as my friend!

Why is it necessary for owners to go to these lengths to help other owners?

Why are we not seeing the bigger picture? This has gotten way past being a few unusual or isolated incidents. Every time I'm on Facebook I see new posts about the problems other owners are dealing with. Add to that the things that all of us deal with. The point charts aren't are back. The monthly calendars aren't correct nor do they function like they should. There are too many reports of reservations being downgraded within a day or two of check in often leaving owners in real bind. The list just goes on, and on, and on. It's not getting better. For every step forward there's two steps back! I don't even know how to categorize it. Mismanagement, incompetence, lack of concern, all of the above?

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Unfortunately it wouldn't be unusual for the OP to not have gotten that email from Wyndham.

In my own experience and that of several other owners I know we've found that sometimes all owners don't get Wyndham's emails. It's random, no rhyme or reason. In our cases there's nothing to be changed on our accounts in regards to our email addresses because we've had the same email address for years. If there's anything important in the email we'll forward it to each other to make sure the OP gets to see it.

Our old address and phone number from 12 years ago will randomly show up when we check in at a resort. In November when we checked in at Old Town Alexandria and went over to get our wristbands and parking pass they had our reservation under the name of one of the people who bought a resale from us. That resale was completed roughly 4-5 months before the reservation was even made. Several months after the transfer our $1000 rebate check from our Wyndham telesales purchase was sent to this same person. They have not ever been an owner on our account. They called Wyndham trying to find out why they received the check because there was no information at all on it to explain what it was for. No one had any answers so this person contacted me thinking I might be able to help. Eventually I was able to get it figured out and straightened out.

In early 2021 and again in early 2022 I sold resales to another person. Both he and I have struggled to get our address and email off of his account so we aren't getting his mail and phone calls from Wyndham. Before he left to be out of the country and hard to contact for several months he thought he was all set up for Paymentus. He should have been all set up except that our address and my email popped back up and the next month his auto-pay wouldn't process. For two months I received letters and increasing more frequent phone calls about his maintenance fees being past due. Each call I gave them the correct address, phone number and email and explained that he was out of the country but could respond to texts. To no avail. Without being able to access his account once Wyndham initiated the multi-factor sign in which he couldn't set up he couldn't do anything when he was in an area where he had internet access. I eventually contacted Owner Care and Paymentus explaining the situation. Even offering to make the payment myself as I was sure he was good for it. I knew from our communications he had family meeting him in Hawaii in February. That reservation was in danger of being cancelled if this didn't get straightened out asap. They couldn't take a payment from me because I'm not an owner on his account. When he was in port due to the time difference the offices he needed to contact either weren't open or if they were they would lose the call when they put him on hold or transferred the call. Out of desperation this guy who has only ever talked to me on the phone, texted and exchanged emails with me texted me his log in information so I could get into his account. I got him set up with the sign in and correct the information with Paymentus.

This past week a friend contacted me asking if we'll be home or gone on one of our trips because they need a two night stay at one of the Pompano Beach resorts for when they return from a cruise. We live in the area so I can make the reservation and check in for them and not worry that it will look like I'm renting. These are friends that we sometimes share units with so the points aren't a concern and we're way past thinking about whose turn it is. For several weeks they haven't been able to book anything. Even Owner Care can't book anything for them which makes it even worse. No one has any idea what the problem is and all they can do is put in a ticket. In the meantime we're reading about other owners who can't book anything and have had tickets in for almost a year or over a year. Hopefully Owner Care is able to make reservations for those people and they aren't in the same situation as my friend!

Why are we not seeing the bigger picture? This has gotten way past being a few unusual or isolated incidents. Add to that the things that all of us deal with. The point charts aren't are back. The monthly calendars aren't correct nor do they function like they should. There are too many reports of reservations being downgraded within a day or two of check in often leaving owners in real bind. The list just goes on, and on, and on. It's just not getting better. For every step forward there's two steps back! I don't even know how to categorize it. Mismanagement, incompetence, lack of concern, all of the above?
Not that I EVER want to do this. I beyond grateful not to have had to deal with some of the booking and payment issues so many have reported. I do feel very thankful and lucky and all that.

But I thought if someone couldn't book, that owner care can book it for them. Horribly, IMO, it would be in a special Wyndham account - it doesn't show in the owner (that is having issues) account. But the points are deducted. So they really have to keep track of their stuff. I would hate hate hate to do this, but I do think it's a workaround available to people having booking issues.

I had an issue a month or two ago (now don't even remember what it was) and they offered to do just that and opted not to. It was something that resolved the next day or two. Not the ugly stuff like you noted in your post.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I'm sorry for you that your forum post isn't turning out like you have expected, but please stop trying to spin this like you have presented any semblance of facts. You have in fact, blatantly or not, either provided false statements or omitted actual facts which would have made your public gripe session look less favorable to yourself. Pot, please meet kettle...

We get it... you bought a timeshare which went belly up. It's a risk we take. Could happen to any of us. You played, and lost. Move on, and try to save some semblance of self respect. You aren't owed anything at this point. You don't have to keep telling us you are (excuse me, were) Founders level... we get it. For that and $2.50 you can buy yourself a coffee and a doughnut.

Owning a fixed week at the high demand (lol) vacation that is Villa Rica, GA might have been a risky move in hindsight. Trusting the HOA to manage the place properly may have been a bit too much to ask too, in hindsight.

Live and learn... look at it this way, at least you are still Platinum. None of us have any influence to change your situation.
I just don't understand where your anger and rudeness comes from. I am embarassed to be a member of TUG and see someone talked to like this. People should feel comfortable to express their opinions and/or ask for advice without being attacked. I just don't understand treating people the way you do. TUG do we have code of conduct of some sort? Like be kind and respectful?

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

In early 2021 and again in early 2022 I sold resales to another person. Both he and I have struggled to get our address and email off of his account so we aren't getting his mail and phone calls from Wyndham. Before he left to be out of the country and hard to contact for several months he thought he was all set up for Paymentus. He should have been all set up except that our address and my email popped back up and the next month his auto-pay wouldn't process. For two months I received letters and increasing more frequent phone calls about his maintenance fees being past due. Each call I gave them the correct address, phone number and email and explained that he was out of the country but could respond to texts. To no avail. Without being able to access his account once Wyndham initiated the multi-factor sign in which he couldn't set up he couldn't do anything when he was in an area where he had internet access. I eventually contacted Owner Care and Paymentus explaining the situation. Even offering to make the payment myself as I was sure he was good for it. I knew from our communications he had family meeting him in Hawaii in February. That reservation was in danger of being cancelled if this didn't get straightened out asap. They couldn't take a payment from me because I'm not an owner on his account. When he was in port due to the time difference the offices he needed to contact either weren't open or if they were they would lose the call when they put him on hold or transferred the call. Out of desperation this guy who has only ever talked to me on the phone, texted and exchanged emails with me texted me his log in information so I could get into his account. I got him set up with the sign in and correct the information with Paymentus.

This past week a friend contacted me asking if we'll be home or gone on one of our trips because they need a two night stay at one of the Pompano Beach resorts for when they return from a cruise. We live in the area so I can make the reservation and check in for them and not worry that it will look like I'm renting. These are friends that we sometimes share units with so the points aren't a concern and we're way past thinking about whose turn it is. For several weeks they haven't been able to book anything. Even Owner Care can't book anything for them which makes it even worse. No one has any idea what the problem is and all they can do is put in a ticket. In the meantime we're reading about other owners who can't book anything and have had tickets in for almost a year or over a year. Hopefully Owner Care is able to make reservations for those people and they aren't in the same situation as my friend!

Why are we not seeing the bigger picture? This has gotten way past being a few unusual or isolated incidents. Add to that the things that all of us deal with. The point charts aren't are back. The monthly calendars aren't correct nor do they function like they should. There are too many reports of reservations being downgraded within a day or two of check in often leaving owners in real bind. The list just goes on, and on, and on. It's just not getting better. For every step forward there's two steps back! I don't even know how to categorize it. Mismanagement, incompetence, lack of concern, all of the above?
Thanks for expanding on the insight of the " Nightmares on Wyndham Street ". My wife and I were once proud to be Wyndham owners but now are not. I once owned Wyndham stock but sold it when the Wyndham sales lies became more prevalent.

I see there are folks on TUG who apparently are either just uncaring and self-centered or have an association with Wyndham beyond the usual owner. I have experienced this before and this does not give those poor folks who base their decisions on TUG a chance to know the truth.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see there are folks on TUG who apparently are either just uncaring and self-centered or have an association with Wyndham beyond the usual owner.
Do you believe that there are active posters on the Wyndham forum who have an employment relationship (either current or past) with Wyndham?

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Social media is irrelevant here except that is where I learned that this sale was taking place *and* that owners had received emails about it from Wyndham. You certainly don't have to be on social media to have received that email message.

For your reference, here's a screenshot of the message the owner on Facebook received from Wyndham in July:
View attachment 71526
Thanks for the info. But we did not receive this and I have notified Wyndham but they falsely said they sent it to the email we have on file. As far as computer tech and checking email etc., I have been there and done that. If you read all my previous posts you would realize that this is not an isolated incident with us. Ever since we requested to be removed from the " Do Not Gift " list we have experienced a very noticeable difference in the level of care we receive from Wyndham.

With regards to the Wyndham notice we didn't receive it and again thank you. I know there is nothing that can be done about our losing 259,000 points and the lowering of VIP status. Unfortunately, we bought a fixed week from Wyndham/Fairfield/Cendant and paid them to convert it to points putting our faith that we would have this to give to our children's children. It's gone with the Wyndham wind. There are over 100 Wyndham owners at this resort who are experiencing the same and we feel it should be a matter of trust but Wyndham just takes the money and runs.

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you believe that there are active posters on the Wyndham forum who have an employment relationship (either current or past) with Wyndham?
Yes either directly or indirectly and this is why I asked for a full disclosure policy. In fact, I have experienced it years ago.

Last edited:

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Live and learn... look at it this way, at least you are still Platinum. None of us have any influence to change yo
It's not the forum it is folks like you. I was a TUG poster years ago and exposed a Wyndham employee who tried to hide this. She was vicious and attacked anyone who told the truth about having a Wyndham problem. TUG does do a lot of good in helping timeshare owners and so do most tuggers. It's a pity when a limited few are bad apples. They spread false information and hurt those looking for answers not hateful attacks.
Unfortunately, your misinformation " has not added anything except fake news to the facts as presented ". Open your eyes and don't be blinded by Wyndham in the future.

“You are master of what you say until you utter it, once you deliver it, you are its captive. Preserve your tongue as you do your gold and money. One word could bring disgrace and the termination of a bliss.”
― Ali Ibn Abi Talib A.S

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was a TUG poster years ago and exposed a Wyndham employee who tried to hide this. She was vicious and attacked anyone who told the truth about having a Wyndham problem.
What was your old user name and who was the employee?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I just don't understand where your anger and rudeness comes from. I am embarassed to be a member of TUG and see someone talked to like this. People should feel comfortable to express their opinions and/or ask for advice without being attacked. I just don't understand treating people the way you do. TUG do we have code of conduct of some sort? Like be kind and respectful?
I agree 100% with you, @Sandi Bo When did TUG become a place where this person can treat others this way and get by with it, and as a guest and not even a member of TUG? The posts cannot even be misunderstood as being polite and nice. This last bunch weren't even the worst I have seen.

I don't have anyone on ignore, not yet.

There are a few others who have been very unsympathetic to those of us who got letters.

By the way, I am getting PM's from a bunch of different people who are now getting letters, even if they only rented a few a year.

I always knew that Wyndham would go after the mega renters first, and then move on up the ladder to the small players, and finally it will be at the point where no one will be able to add a guest name.