• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGV Max in the Club Reference Guide

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Do you know of the current HGVC contact for Scotland?
$5.5k out the door for 11,200 pts and only $904.59 MF ($0.081 MFpp) - I purchased in February. Someone on FB group told me they paid $500 more than what I paid. So $6k today I guess.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
$5.5k out the door for 11,200 pts and only $904.59 MF ($0.081 MFpp) - I purchased in February. Someone on FB group told me they paid $500 more than what I paid. So $6k today I guess.
Is that new or old points?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
hey they are giving us one free guest certificate, that's no *bleep*!

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

My question is that one Free Guess Cert is only if you are HGV Max, or also for being HGV Legacy Members also. I know it's about Elite Levels, and as Resale owners, belong to a crappy level! Maybe there's an even crappier level... not HGV Max and no free 1 guest cert (so 7 levels, not 6 levels)!!!

Great3

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
You might be right, the bargain basement level for deplorables.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
There is a lot of "waste" in the system if you look at how many last minute weeks there are often available (in HGVC at least). All of those, plus developer inventory, give a lot of slack for HGVC to "balance" as necessary (and as such true "equilibrium" likely not strictly necessary).

I have no doubt there is waste in the system. Owner/developer inventory that would otherwise be rented or used for promotion could help even things out.

However, using "waste" in the sytem is highly suspect to me. An empty room is cheaper (on the cost side) than one somebody is staying in. If usage is significantly heavier on one side of the equation than the other .... that will add artificially high costs to the side being more heavily used and artificially low costs to the side being traded into less. In my mind the cross booking stytem needs to operate something like an exchange in terms of balancing inventory. I guess it could be done in a financial manner by charging higher MFs on one side .... but that is grossly unfair to those not in HGV Max.

Last edited:

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
An empty room is cheaper (on the cost side) than one somebody is staying in.

Yep! MFs are paid whether someone stays in the unit or not, so the resort got its money anyway.

Moreover, last minute vacancies can be used in Open Season. That is pure cash for HGV and resort (with a split being unknown to us).

The cost for HGVCorp is where a room is empty AND it's unsold as of January 1st. HGV must pay the same MF as regular owners on their unsold inventory. They're not exempt, though on each $100 paid in MF, some percentage goes back to them in management fees. But still has to be paid.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know or maybe a qualified guess if those of us that pay and uses the AI booking fee can continue to do so with the Max coming?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Does anyone know or maybe a qualified guess if those of us that pay and uses the AI booking fee can continue to do so with the Max coming?

I would think so. That’s part of the bHC system. It seems like they are keeping most, if not all of the rules for Legacy HGVC owners so I would assume you should be fine.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think so. That’s part of the bHC system. It seems like they are keeping most, if not all of the rules for Legacy HGVC owners so I would assume you should be fine.
Thanks, fingers crossed.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

So far it hasn't changed. Page 24 of the updated Club Rules says the following (emphasis added):

Fee Schedule for HGV Club Legacy Members

Annual Club Dues are $193 per membership account for Club Members residing in the United States or Canada and $227 (¥25,521) for Members residing outside the United States or Canada. Owners at select properties have the option to pay “Inclusive Club Dues” of $325 for Members residing in the U.S. or Canada and $351 for Members residing outside the U.S. or Canada. Inclusive Club Dues include annual Club Dues, plus unlimited Home Resort Priority, Hilton Club Priority, and Club reservation fees, as applicable, priced at $99 or less.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Is that resale?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that resale?

It’s a resale through the HGVC office at the different Scotland lodges. It’s listed in the system as developer, but sold like a resale through a broker. You have to buy through their office to make work that way.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that resale?

Yes: because that "vacation certificate" (they don't sell real estate deeds) was owned by a different member at some point. But many retail deeds sold by HGVCorp are pre-owned by someone too. If they ROFR something, then sell it, it's resale (technically) AND retail (because sold by HGVCorp). If I trade-in in my resale deed while making a retail purchase, and then they sell my deed, it's resale (technically) AND retail (because sold by HGVCorp). HGVCorp has very few purely fresh deeds - Maui Bay Villas would be one where we could say a deed is guaranteed to not be technically a resale.

No: because in practical terms, "resale" is the opposite of "retail". HGVC US and HGVC UK sell retail deeds that count towards Elite. Some changes will apply after HGV Max launches, but it hasn't launched yet so at this very moment, and until the launch of HGV Max, they're equal. Once it launches, HGVC UK will most likely still count as retail (nothing in the club guide says otherwise), but they don't know if they will be considered a "HGV Max authorized sales center" or not.

It’s listed in the system as developer, but sold like a resale through a broker

A broker? Their salespeople have @hgv.com email, the same as the US team. The seller is "Hilton Grand Vacations UK Limited (HGVUK)". Moreover "HGVUK is the owner of Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Coylumbridge Lodges (Resort)". Information directly from the purchase agreement.

As per UK corp registration information - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08336462/officers - Mark Douglas Wang is the Director. Hint: same guy as the CEO of HGVC US.

Conclusion: this is handled by HGVC UK, a fully owned subsidiary of HGVC UK Holding, which in turn is a fully owned subsidiary of HGVC US, not a third party broker.

Last edited:

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s a resale through the HGVC office at the different Scotland lodges. It’s listed in the system as developer, but sold like a resale through a broker. You have to buy through their office to make work that way.
That explains the price. Thanks.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes: because that "vacation certificate" (they don't sell real estate deeds) was owned by a different member at some point. But many retail deeds sold by HGVCorp are pre-owned by someone too. If they ROFR something, then sell it, it's resale (technically) AND retail (because sold by HGVCorp). If I trade-in in my resale deed while making a retail purchase, and then they sell my deed, it's resale (technically) AND retail (because sold by HGVCorp). HGVCorp has very few purely fresh deeds - Maui Bay Villas would be one where we could say a deed is guaranteed to not be technically a resale.

No: because in practical terms, "resale" is the opposite of "retail". HGVC US and HGVC UK sell retail deeds that count towards Elite. Some changes will apply after HGV Max launches, but it hasn't launched yet so at this very moment, and until the launch of HGV Max, they're equal. Once it launches, HGVC UK will most likely still count as retail (nothing in the club guide says otherwise), but they don't know if they will be considered a "HGV Max authorized sales center" or not.

A broker? Their salespeople have @hgv.com email, the same as the US team. The seller is "Hilton Grand Vacations UK Limited (HGVUK)". Moreover "HGVUK is the owner of Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Coylumbridge Lodges (Resort)". Information directly from the purchase agreement.

As per UK corp registration information - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08336462/officers - Mark Douglas Wang is the Director. Hint: same guy as the CEO of HGVC US.

Conclusion: this is handled by HGVC UK, a fully owned subsidiary of HGVC UK Holding, which in turn is a fully owned subsidiary of HGVC US, not a third party broker.

I never said they were sold by brokers. I said they were sold like they were by a broker because the majority of them are still owned by an owner. They are sold through their office like resale brokers do. That’s why I said like brokers.

When they want to sell, owners contact their office and the staff assists on the selling of their weeks and the office takes their cut (like a broker does). Whether the office keeps the cut or some/all goes to HGVC corporate, I don’t know. Are there some that were reclaimed from those not paying their MF’s? Sure, but it’s a small amount. Those lodges have been sold out for years and the sales are resales as most of them are bought from an owner, not corporate. The sales office never takes over the MF’s in cases like these. The owner must keep paying them until the certificate transfers.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am fairly certain that it isn't a trust, only cross booking. If it was a trust then there would be annual MFs. In addition, new HGVC deeds purchased after Jan 4th (I think that was the date) would be included in HGV Max again without anything additionally (such as trust MFs).
I tried another search of Orange county records and can't turn up any trust related to HGV. Possible I am not using the correct search terms, but I don't think there will be a trust.

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
A TUGGER email the Scotland office and was informed that inventory sold will still qualify for HGV Elite status but they are not HGV Max authorized seller.
According to Brian McStea moderator of the Hgv resales FB group, as of 4/4 Scotland no longer qualifies. He posted today stating that his source is “sound”

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@iiderman Not a Facebook user. Since your moderator has a sound source, can your moderator also get information from his source as to what the benefits are in the new elite tiers esp. at 10 months and when those tiers will be announced? Is there any benefit to having low end elite and MAX vs. no status and Max?

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
According to Brian McStea moderator of the Hgv resales FB group, as of 4/4 Scotland no longer qualifies. He posted today stating that his source is “sound”
I saw that. Our source was via the on-site HGV sales rep which I would have also thought sound. But this thing is so fluid that it would be best to wait and see when rules are published.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
….

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I tried another search of Orange county records and can't turn up any trust related to HGV. Possible I am not using the correct search terms, but I don't think there will be a trust.

Perhaps the trusts remain under either the Diamond Resorts or Sunterra names. The trust were originally formed under Sunterra. Diamond Resorts was headquartered in Nevada. I don’t recall we’re Sunterra had its headquarters

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I saw that. Our source was via the on-site HGV sales rep which I would have also thought sound. But this thing is so fluid that it would be best to wait and see when rules are published.

Plus, we know what happens when sales reps lips move...