• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGV Max in the Club Reference Guide

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
resale purchases in Scotland and Southwest Florida that used to count towards elite.. NO LONGER allowed effective April 4

Where is it stated exactly? Can you pleas cite a rule?

BTW, I'm patiently waiting to see if my HGVC UK purchase made a month ago will qualify me to HGV Max. At this very moment, even HGVC UK doesn't know.

<Nowaker> Are you guys considered a "HGV Max authorized sales center", as defined in HGV Club Reference 2022?
<My HGVC UK contact> All details to still be finalised but my understanding at present is that as we are mainly involved with resales not classed as HGV MAX authorised centre.
<Nowaker> Thanks. When you have more information, please let me know.
<My HGVC UK contact> I certainly will. Gradual roll out and still many details to be finalised with integration of resorts and how will be processed. Apologies I am unable to clarify at present as waiting for information coming through.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
resale purchases in Scotland and Southwest Florida that used to count towards elite.. NO LONGER allowed effective April 4
How are you coming to that conclusion?

clominac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question though, if member points went up by 60% and points to stay went up by 60%, isn't this the same as currency adjustment or printing more money? Doesn't that devalue what you had?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
Question though, if member points went up by 60% and points to stay went up by 60%, isn't this the same as currency adjustment or printing more money? Doesn't that devalue what you had?

Nope. It simply keeps parity within HGVC. The same number of points (adjusted) get the same thing (adjusted). What it does do is harmonise with DRI levels, apparently. But all is unchanged within HGVC.

Cheers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Why would it devalue anything if both your points and the points required for a stay went up by the same percentage? This is simple math.

Kurt

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
How are you coming to that conclusion?
We recently purchased in SW Florida (settled in March). I called my sales person April 4 to ask about Max and elite going forward and he said they had just been notified by corporate that any purchases coming out of their offices would not qualify for EITHER

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently purchased in SW Florida (settled in March). I called my sales person April 4 to ask about Max and elite going forward and he said they had just been notified by corporate that any purchases coming out of their offices would not qualify for EITHER
Same thing with all the resellers in the Scotland offices. I wish it was a laughing matter but Hilton is finally doing what the others have done making resales restricted

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks for the update. Did that also include your recent purchase?

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grandfathered Benefits currently revolve around Hilton Honors points conversion. Grandfathered Legacy members may convert every year. New Members may only convert Every Other Year. There is mention in the Guide about limits on Open Season Usage but the limits are not explicitly listed as they are with Hilton Honors points conversion.

From Page 21:

Persons who acquire their ownership interest from the resale market may receive limited Club benefits, including, but not limited to, restrictions on the ability to convert ClubPoints into Hilton Honors Points on an every-use-year basis and on the use of Open Season rental benefits. Interests acquired on the resale market may not qualify for additional benefits, services or recognition programs or tiers.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
And then there are these statements from page 17:

The HGV Max program has no pre-determined termination date and may continue until such time as Hilton Grand Vacations decides to terminate the program with or without notice.
HGV Max benefits are subject to availability and may change from time to time. There is no cash value or redemption for unused HGV Max benefits.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Same thing with all the resellers in the Scotland offices. I wish it was a laughing matter but Hilton is finally doing what the others have done making resales restricted
The Scotland resorts currently still show up on page 15 as qualifying for elite status. (now I am not saying that can not be changed) Surprisingly, the Florida gulf resorts have never been on the list as far back as 2010 (that is my earliest rule book resource).

It is always interesting what can be found (or not found) in the rules.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
The Scotland resorts currently still show up on page 15 as qualifying for elite status. (now I am not saying that can not be changed) Surprisingly, the Florida gulf resorts have never been on the list as far back as 2010 (that is my earliest rule book resource).

But is that for retail purchases only?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
But is that for retail purchases only?
Scotland resorts only have resale (they were originally sold about 30 years ago).

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score

I guess there’s no knowing for sure until you attempt to purchase Scotland today and see what your sales contract confirms. All I can tell you is I did get elite through Southwest Florida resale via HGV sales person but was told that with the new changeover I could not purchase anymore points that would qualify me for the higher tier Centum.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score

I see Bay Club as well on page 14

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess there’s no knowing for sure until you attempt to purchase Scotland today and see what your sales contract confirms. All I can tell you is I did get elite through Southwest Florida resale via HGV sales person but was told that with the new changeover I could not purchase anymore points that would qualify me for the higher tier Centum.
Also to clarify.. I was elite plus with points from ALL developer purchases.. purchased in 2000 and before TUG.. so our developer prices have paid for themselves in the last 22 years. I believe rules are different when you have already purchased some or most of your points retail and then buy in-house resale to get to the next elite level.. this again is all before the HGV Max train wreck

audirt

Reaction score
10 month booking date for Elite members

Wait... I think I missed something. What is this 10-month window for Elite members? I don't see that outlined on the Club Reference PDF. Sorry if I missed it -- I'm trying to keep up :)

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Wait... I think I missed something. What is this 10-month window for Elite members? I don't see that outlined on the Club Reference PDF. Sorry if I missed it -- I'm trying to keep up
Yes, you are way behind. No, seriously, that is current information coming from sales. I would speculate that something might be announced on rule changes on April 15.

audirt

Reaction score
Yes, you are way behind. No, seriously, that is current information coming from sales. I would speculate that something might be announced on rule changes on April 15.
Welp, guess I'll never get to use my points to go skiing again :(

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
What are the points levels and tiers for elite under the new points system? Do they expect to announce the new benefits on April 15 as well?

Last edited:

audirt

Reaction score
What are the points levels and tiers for elite under the new points system? Do they expect to announce the new benefits on April 15 as well?

I might ask this in a separate thread, but a salesman once told me that direct family members were allowed to add other direct family members to their deeds. Anyone know if this was/is true? My wife's parents own 5500 (old) retail points. Those points, combined with my current ownership, would put us less than 2k (old) points from the (old) Elite status -- if I can find a way to combine the accounts. (Both ownerships -- mine and theirs --were retail purchases, FWIW.)

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
What I saw was that they are just adding a new elite level on top of the existing three elite levels, and renaming all of them. I saw the new top level was 100K points, and the second to top was 54K points (which equals the 34K Elite Premier level pre- point inflation).

Kurt

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks Kurt, Do you know the lower tiers for the rest of us? :) e.g. was it 14,000 old points and 24,000? I can do the 1.6x math but cannot find this easily in the guide or the stickys.