• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with vidanta and private reserve travel club (merged)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
It makes sense - I think / both parties have resolution in writing .
Vidanta Member Services - as the adjudicator - may need to prove to ICE / PRTC
and the sales person that the contract is terminated .

but I would definitely contact your credit card company before signing ; to make sure
that you will get a full refund of your payment by credit card .

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
It does appear that you are agreeing to "no refund." I don't think I'd sign such a statement.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Riviera Maya
I am asking them to include a clause indicating that they are giving me full refund by accepting the dispute. I hope they agree to do this. Did anyone go through something similar?

Worldnomad11

Reaction score
So i purchased private reserve travel collection membership through vidanta for 4500 on the 7th of October. They would not let me see the website so they said i could call them and do a sample booking. I asked very specific questions about using the websites including dates and resort names. I travel a lot and was very specific. The prices they quoted me were hundreds if not thousands of dollars more when i finally got access to the website after a few calls 10 days later on the 17th. I immediately asked for a refund. Filed out the forms but as you all know there is a 5 days rescission period. That's what brought me here.

They offered me $2000 off for a trial membership with even less access. I accepted as the membership is useless to me anyway but is there any way to get my money back in full?? I emailed the Profeco but it's there anything else i should do??

So I am in a very similar situation, just paid $3900 and once I was finally allowed access to the website, I see what a total scam this is! I called them, and they said their website is being updated, so everything isn't available to view right now, and to e-mail them with where I wanted to go. I recorded the conversation. There is still no reply, almost 2 weeks later. I am thinking a class action suit needs to happen against these thieves! They won't even let anyone view the website while there with them. I admit my ignorance in not doing a google search at that time, but that is still no excuse for robbing people. Would there be any interest in anyone joining a lawsuit against Vidanta Private Reserve Travel Collection?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So I am in a very similar situation, just paid $3900 and once I was finally allowed access to the website, I see....

Vidanta Private Reserve Travel Collection?

you need to realize you bought an “ exit package” called Private Reserve Travel Collection - that is a part of ICE - International Cruise & Excursions . What you bought IS NOT Vidanta.

example - you went to a car dealership and bought a Chevy - at the end ,they sold you an under coating package to stop rust - done by the dealership using xx product . you think it all washed away in the first rain . Your complaint would not be with GM . You would need to speak to the dealership .

google - International Cruise and Excursions - it is a legimate company , that works in the travel industry . ICE has many relationships , including a long term one with Vidanta .

Private Reserve Travel Collection / ICE - should be able to book you back into Vidanta .The weeks available will be ones not taken by Vidanta owners using their weeks. Since Vidanta has built (and continues to build) for peak winter season - there is plenty of availability , BUT it most likely won’t be for President’s Week in February .

Whether or not this is worth $ 3900 is unknown to me . Just because a website does not show you everything available - does not mean it is a scam .

I believe PRTC - will be able to book Vidanta & other vacation options for you . Not every week or option that the salesperson described will be available all the time .

Some options may be priced the same as you can get from other open market travel providers that do not require a paid membership .

Last edited: