• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Happy Aloha Friday

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Happy Aloha Friday!! We are back from Maui and Kim has one surgery down. She gets a 2 week break before we have to head to Oahu for her eye surgery. But It looks to be a great weekend so we can relax and enjoy for a while.

This week's picture takes us back to the Big Island and to Puʻuhonua o Hōnaunau , The Place of Refuge. The exact Chronological date of the area is not know but the best estimates date the site to be over 450 years old. In ancient Hawaii if you broke some of the sacred laws, The Kapu, punishment could include death. Any fugitive who had broken Kapu could seek refuge and forgiveness if they could make it to the walls of the Pu'uhonua. Only then could you start over with a new life. It is an excellent stop on The Big Island and a great place to learn some of the old Hawaiian Culture and History.

Enjoy and have an awesome Aloha Friday and a great weekend. shaka

20230524_125239.jpg

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Aloha Friday!

Back in the 1990's when we were visiting Pu'uhonua O Honaunau, we witnessed this unfortunate incident. Thankfully, the water was shallow, and everybody was okay.

Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-15.jpg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy and relax before Kim's next surgery.

Happy Aloha Friday to all!!!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I’m glad Kim is doing well after the surgery!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Aloha Friday. I'm also glad Kim is doing well after the first surgery.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am glad that Kim's surgery went well and that she has some recovery time before her eye surgery. Enjoy living your best life! :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!!! We are moving into June and the formal start to Summer. Weather has been great and we are looking forward to relaxing around the pool this summer.

I thought this week's picture was appropriate since Kilauea decided to erupt and be active again. This was taken a few weeks ago before the action started. While we were there, people were saying something could happen any day now. Erupting or not, Volcanoes Natonal park is definitely worth a trip.

Enjoy and have a great Aloha Friday and an Awesome Weekend. shaka

20230522_125308.jpg

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aloha Friday! Here's another picture from back in the 1990's, before digital cameras with panoramic modes. The best you could do was to take two pictures and put them next to each other in the album. Back then you could walk right up to the edge of the caldera.

1686304376151.jpeg

DW refused to get out of the car, and made us leave the keys. :LOL:

1686304450972.jpeg

Of course now, the spot where I took the picture, and most of the parking lot where she was waiting have collapsed into the caldera. :eek:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aloha Friday! Here's another picture from back in the 1990's, before digital cameras with panoramic modes. The best you could do was to take two pictures and put them next to each other in the album. Back then you could walk right up to the edge of the caldera.

View attachment 77682

DW refused to get out of the car, and made us leave the keys. :LOL:

View attachment 77684

Of course now, the spot where I took the picture, and most of the parking lot where she was waiting have collapsed into the caldera. :eek:
My, how things have changed.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Aloha Friday!

We can see the sun/sky this morning here in the vicinity of NYC. AQI so much better this morning. We had a rough two days here.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Aloha Friday. The sun is shinning this morning and that is good.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!! Today, we hopefully are on our last trip for a while. We head over to Oahu for Kim's eye surgery. Since it will be Father's Day weekend we are having dinner at Aloha Steakhouse.

This week's picture takes us back to Oahu and our old neighborhood. It's of the International Marketplace. It is a large shopping mall in the middle of Waikiki. We would walk here often when we lived there. For decades, It used to be an open air area of small shops/booths but it became a formal mall with a renovation in 2016.

Enjoy and Have an awesome Aloha Friday and a great weekend. shaka

Screenshot_20230615_231125_Amazon Photos.jpg

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing Kim the best!!!

Happy Aloha Friday!!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aloha Friday to all!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Aloha Friday .
Wishing Kim a successful surgery outcome.
To all Father’s . Wishing you a Happy Fathers Day.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Aloha Friday .
Wishing Kim a successful surgery outcome.
To all Father’s . Wishing you a Happy Fathers Day.

Thank you for the reminder :) -

Happy Father's Day to all!!! & a great weekend~

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Aloha Friday everyone. Darn, today is only Thursday. LOL

Good morning Slip.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday everyone.

Good morning Slip.
I slept in for the first time in a while since I am back home but I didn't sleep in that long. :D

I still have to choose a picture for tomorrow. shaka

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Slip, you deserve the opportunity to sleep in on a Aloha Friday; after almost posting every Friday morning on this website for the last 2 years.
I'm waiting for the photo of today. LOL

Last edited:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Slip, you deserve the opportunity to sleep in on a Aloha Friday; after almost posting every Friday morning on this website for the last 2 years.
I'm waiting for the photo of today. LOL
So Slip can sleep in, I'll post one now from our first trip to the Big Island in 1990. This is the greeting we got as we left the airport. When I finally met someone named Shirley, she was very tickled when I gave her a print of this picture.
01 Kona graffiti.jpg

Aloha Thursday and Friday! Shirley, I can't be serious. :LOL:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Happy Aloha Friday!!! After all our travels lately, it sure feels good to be home. Kim is still recuperating from her eye surgery so she will be taking it easy for a while yet. Her eye is a little blood shot and itchy but hopefully will get a little better everyday.

Since we will be home for quite a while now, I thought it was fitting for this week's picture to be from early morning off our lanai here on Molokai. Hopefully, no trips for us now until we visit the mainland next summer.

Enjoy, Happy Aloha Friday and have a great weekend!!! shaka

Screenshot_20230622_220954_Gallery.jpg