• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Former Wyndham Sales Rep Answering Questions

RowdyRiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know Sedona sells Flagstaff Piggybacks. The maintenance fees are not great but they are right in line with CWA. I would assume Flaggstaff sells those piggybacks as well. You do have to buy regular points of course. I heard 200k, but I am sure they might make an exception here and there depending on the situation and time of year/month.

That reminds me, how big is the push at the end of the month or end of the year to sell? Is it a harder push then in the beginning of the month, or beginning of the year? I would imagine they have sales figures they have to meet. Wondering when is the best time to get the best deals. I would think December, but that's assuming they do have sales figures they have to meet.
No particular month is bigger than the other for push. Salesman are obviously hungrier a couple months before holidays for obvious reasons and they also drive harder before there areas slow time. The end of the month though, yes the pressure is higher because reps are trying to hit top level too.

RowdyRiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious on how common it is for sales reps to gamble with each other on whether a particular target will buy a timeshare.

We were at Diamond Resorts in Sedona a few years back, the last customers to leave the building. After turning down the trial package, the rep said, "He tricked me, he said you would be an easy buy! I lost $50 betting on this!" He then ran upstairs, and I heard quite a bit of yelling and shouting.
Never seen or done that at Locations I worked at.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
They do track how many you attend but that's mainly to track Sales Closing percentages. They'll never stop offering either because it's always an opportunity to sell. "I've got the exact amount of points I need" is a common objection I've overcame and sold to many times. Also, sold people who hadn't bought in 20+ years. That's why they'll never stop gifting you.

I’ve agreed to do an owner update only to be called later to cancel because “I am not in the rotation right now”

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect if they have more than they can handle in a day (because they mistakenly over-booked, or someone called in sick), they make some educated guesses about who isn't buying. At least, that's what I'd do. And, you can bet that anyone who (a) had resale points in their account and (b) had been to many updates before would be right near the top of the "let's not do that" list.

TerryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I signed up for a Deed of Re-Conveyance today,I made a credit card down payment,now I'm on the hook for $20,000.00 US, and now I'm having second thoughts,is there anything I can do at this time?

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
They do track how many you attend but that's mainly to track Sales Closing percentages. They'll never stop offering either because it's always an opportunity to sell. "I've got the exact amount of points I need" is a common objection I've overcame and sold to many times. Also, sold people who hadn't bought in 20+ years. That's why they'll never stop gifting you.
Well that does make sense. I could quibble that after some years of no sale they might try to reduce your offerings to maybe twice a year, but I suppose they do know best from all the data they must have.

Thanks for entertaining all our questions. It's been a lot of fun and very informative.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
I signed up for a Deed of Re-Conveyance today,I made a credit card down payment,now I'm on the hook for $20,000.00 US, and now I'm having second thoughts,is there anything I can do at this time?

Yes. Follow the directions on your contract precisely with proof of delivery and rescind immediately

TerryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never been in this position before,but the paperwork was signed and stamped by a commissioned Notary Public,and i was told it was in effect immediately.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank him for lying and stealing our money while you are at it.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I have never been in this position before,but the paperwork was signed and stamped by a commissioned Notary Public,and i was told it was in effect immediately.
Just because it's "In effect immediately" doesn't mean you cannot rescind. I do not know of one state that doesn't have a rescission period. Someone here will tell me if there is.

Moimommy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Newbie question-are Wyndham points bought on resale (such as eBay) treated differently than points purchased at Wyndham? We currently have 300,000 Wyndham points which places us as VIP Bronze members. we attended a sales presentation today and they were trying to pressure us to buy more points to reach 500,000 points to be VIP Silver.

RowdyRiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Newbie question-are Wyndham points bought on resale (such as eBay) treated differently than points purchased at Wyndham? We currently have 300,000 Wyndham points which places us as VIP Bronze members. we attended a sales presentation today and they were trying to pressure us to buy more points to reach 500,000 points to be VIP Silver.
Resale does not count towards VIP.

sdl

Reaction score
can resale timeshare be given back to Wyndham through their exit options or is that only available for timeshare bought from developer?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
can resale timeshare be given back to Wyndham through their exit options or is that only available for timeshare bought from developer?

Yes, eligible resale contracts can be returned via Certified Exit. The Limited Edition option is not available when returning resale contracts however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I just called Certified Exit today and they're taking back 2 of my resale deeds.

sdl

Reaction score
Yes, eligible resale contracts can be returned via Certified Exit. The Limited Edition option is not available when returning resale contracts however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are “eligible resale contracts”? I’m planning to buy a resale, not sure if wyndham will tell me if it is since I don’t own it yet.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
The price difference between developer and resale is almost never justified. I'm 33 years old and am staying 100% resale even though I plan on owning at least another 30-40 years. When I did the math for the purchase price and VIP benefits, I wouldn't break even without unlimited housekeeping (which they took away in 2020). You're better off just investing the money into an appreciating asset.

Wyndham has been stripping VIP benefits hoping to capitalize on peoples lack of knowledge and/or narcissism (wanting the title "VIP" on their ownership). There was a post that stuck out to me on Facebook of some old lady complaining that they got rid of the $19 reservation fee for all owners because she paid a lot of money for her VIP ownership to have that benefit and is entitled to it because of how much she paid (not the people who paid less than she did).

All you get with your purchase cost is 15% discounts, 1 RARP per year, 1 extra HK token and suite upgrades 2 weeks out ONLY on the 300,000 points that you own. Club Pass (a retail only benefit) is completely useless because you can also go on Ebay and get a Worldmark deed if you want Worldmark access. All the good Worldmark inventory is booked up at 13 months by Worldmark owners before the reservation window opens for Club Wyndham owners at 9 months. You also can't apply the 15% discount on Worldmark inventory, only Club Wyndham.

If you are looking to add on more points, I would strongly suggest researching other timeshare systems. I'm giving back 2 of my Wyndham deeds to get another Marriott week. When I first was researching Marriott, I didn't do enough extensive research on the 2 bedroom lock off Interval International exchange method and as a result overlooked how good of a value it actually is for my habits. I just looked up the maintenance fees and purchase price of Marriott Destination points and concluded it was too expensive for what you get. With exchanges, I noticed a lot of the Marriott FL inventory (where I live) has lock offs and I like splitting the cost with people I know because they are 2 separate hotel rooms. I get way more value being a resale owner in multiple systems than I would have being VIP in 1 system. For example, Marriott Lakeshore Reserve (in Orlando) costs about $2500/week to stay in a 2 bedroom lock off via points. I will use 1 side of my lock off to exchange into an entire 2 bedroom lock off for about $1200/week (less than half the price of using points). I will then find someone I know to take the 1 bedroom side for $800/week and use the studio for $400/week. Lakeshore Reserve is the nicest non DVC timeshare in all of Orlando and I'm able to stay there for $57/night by learning the system and manipulating it in my favor. You can't even staying in a motel off 192 for that price.

Do your research and learn each system. You will save so much doing so.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
What are “eligible resale contracts”? I’m planning to buy a resale, not sure if wyndham will tell me if it is since I don’t own it yet.
No loan attached and has reasonable maintenance fees. There are some deeds that are $10 per thousand and Wyndham doesn't want them back because they can't resell them. If you get a low MF deed, they will take them back.

sdl

Reaction score
No loan attached and has reasonable maintenance fees. There are some deeds that are $10 per thousand and Wyndham doesn't want them back because they can't resell them. If you get a low MF deed, they will take them back.
Is $6 low?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is $6 low?
You will get varying opinions on this. You can form your own opinion by looking at this spreadsheet, which gives a fair number of price points across the system.

For me, anything appreciably below CWA is worth considering. In 2022, CWA is 6.93, so I would consider $6 worth a second look. IMO, there are two reasons why the ratio matters. The first is the obvious one: lower ratios have lower ongoing costs for the same vacation experiences. The second is that deeds with lower ratios are easier to dispose of. The second thing doesn't seem important given that Wyndham is more or less willing to take anything off your hands, but that program is not guaranteed to last forever. Having an "attractive" ratio gives you an extra exit strategy if you need it.

You absolutely can hold out for the "best" ratio if you want, but you will not be alone, and some of those end up selling for more than they are worth to me. The resale market is dominated by people who know what they are doing--because who else would ever look to buy a timeshare on their own?--and those folks disproportionally look for the lowest-fee resorts. You see those same few resorts repeated here over and over as attractive targets. It might be simpler to by a slightly more expensive resort that is still comfortably inside your budget, is still easy to dispose of, but is easier (and faster) to obtain.

Ultimately, it comes down to why you are buying a timeshare in the first place. If you are trying to get the very best deal possible and want to squeeze every last dollar out of it, then be very particular about what you buy. But to me this is a bit of a fool's errand, because I am convinced that nobody saves money by owning timeshares. Yes, nearly anyone saves money on their owned timeshare vacation lodging compared to renting those exact same stays. But, nearly anyone who owns timeshares travels more often than they would if left to their own devices. Nearly all of us have taken the "my points are going to expire so I need to figure out how to use them" vacation, and while the lodging might be cheap, you still have to deal with food, transportation, and entertainment. So if you are buying as a commitment to vacation rather than to save every last dollar, maybe you don't care if you spend an extra couple hundred dollars per year on the timeshare portion?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

Is $6 low?

No 4-5 range is.
Just to clarify, a deed doesn't have to be in the $4-5 range for Wyndham to take it back via Certified Exit. Wyndham's list that they will accept is an ever moving target, and while we *surmise* that high-MF contracts are probably most likely to be excluded, there are no written criteria. From all reports, Wyndham will take back the vast majority of contracts at any given time. The ones I've heard of not being accepted are higher-MF contracts at older resorts. I also recently saw someone in a FB group post that Wyndham wouldn't take Atlanta because it was too new (and yes, they owned for just over a year so that evidently wasn't the exclusion). My philosophy has been that if the MFs and/or ARP is appealing and acceptable to me, then I'm probably in good shape when I decide to use Certified Exit or pass the contract on to another owner.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, a deed doesn't have to be in the $4-5 range for Wyndham to take it back via Certified Exit. Wyndham's list that they will accept is an ever moving target, and while we *surmise* that high-MF contracts are probably most likely to be excluded, there are no written criteria. From all reports, Wyndham will take back the vast majority of contracts at any given time. The ones I've heard of not being accepted are higher-MF contracts at older resorts. I also recently saw someone in a FB group post that Wyndham wouldn't take Atlanta because it was too new (and yes, they owned for just over a year so that evidently wasn't the exclusion). My philosophy has been that if the MFs and/or ARP is appealing and acceptable to me, then I'm probably in good shape when I decide to use Certified Exit or pass the contract on to another owner.

Have you heard of Wyndham taking back any CWA contracts? I may have a 126K one I'm looking to dump now that I've picked up something else with higher points.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Have you heard of Wyndham taking back any CWA contracts? I may have a 126K one I'm looking to dump now that I've picked up something else with higher points.
Not off the top of my head, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone here has done it. It seems that would be the easiest type of contract for Wyndham to take back because it's the easiest transfer (no deed/county involved) and easiest to resell.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP , is owning a timeshare deed good or bad, especially if the timeshare owner do not have a mortgage. The timeshare is paid in full and all maintenance fees have been paid for 2023?