• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC moving to II effective Jan 1 2022 [MERGED]

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I am able to log into Interval thru the DVC site. Just noticed that the extra $25 off getaways is for getaways of 4 days or longer and if I am reading it correctly for the first year of membership.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Moderator Note: Posts about login issues with II accounts, not limited to only Disney-related accounts, have been merged into an existing thread in the Exchanging forum:
Interval International II Login "Redirect" Errors [MERGED]

A link to that thread is being sent to the TUG II mail contact, so it will be helpful if all "redirect" login errors are discussed there. Thanks!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
DVC menu path: Destinations > Interval International Vacations

View attachment 44625

When searching to exchange into Orlando, FL for all of 2022.
"Sorry, we did not find any matches for your travel dates & destination"
Do you get the same message when trying to search for a getaway?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

JETSDAD

Reaction score
And you only own DVC?
Yes. I haven't booked anything but have been looking through the Getaways (also the ShortStay Getaways) and can see Orlando. I can't see Orlando for Exchanges.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes. I haven't booked anything but have been looking through the Getaways (also the ShortStay Getaways) and can see Orlando. I can't see Orlando for Exchanges.
This is what most of us were afraid of. More competition for getaways in Orlando.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is what most of us were afraid of. More competition for getaways in Orlando.
But it was said that DVCers didn't want to leave the "bubble" and our lowly Marriotts and Sheratons wouldn't be up to standard.

JETSDAD

Reaction score
To be honest, it really is one of the few things I might actually use II for. I'm not likely to use any point exchanges as they don't appear to be a good value (and obviously don't work in Orlando) but using a getaway in the Orlando area to extend a Disney/FL trip might make sense. I can rent out 75-80 points to pay for a week in a 2BR at a Marriott. I'd rather be onsite but if I'm just going to relax and enjoy not being in the Canadian winter, this could make sense.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
To be honest, it really is one of the few things I might actually use II for. I'm not likely to use any point exchanges as they don't appear to be a good value (and obviously don't work in Orlando) but using a getaway in the Orlando area to extend a Disney/FL trip might make sense. I can rent out 75-80 points to pay for a week in a 2BR at a Marriott. I'd rather be onsite but if I'm just going to relax and enjoy not being in the Canadian winter, this could make sense.
Exactly the point @dioxide45 and myself have been making since the announcement. Of course we were “wrong”, as die hard DVC members would never dare stay offsite….. after staying at a few DVC resorts, I prefer to stay offsite. Having more competition for getaways will change how I travel to orlando. I will search more Airbnb’s from now on

JETSDAD

Reaction score
Exactly the point @dioxide45 and myself have been making since the announcement. Of course we were “wrong”, as die hard DVC members would never dare stay offsite….. after staying at a few DVC resorts, I prefer to stay offsite. Having more competition for getaways will change how I travel to orlando. I will search more Airbnb’s from now on
When I'm actually going to WDW then I'm only doing that onsite. If I just want to relax then adding a few nights at a nearby resort could be nice.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
When I'm actually going to WDW then I'm only doing that onsite. If I just want to relax then adding a few nights at a nearby resort could be nice.
That’s the point… more competition for Orlando Marriott getaways lol. We aren’t saying DVC members will use getaways instead of their points, they will be used in addition to.

Most will begin to stretch their points for more trips. Instead of a full week in their DVC resort, they can book 4 nights and add on a 3 night short stay getaway at a Marriott. They can turn that one week into two DVC trips. This was the concern of many

JETSDAD

Reaction score
That’s the point… more competition for Orlando Marriott getaways lol. We aren’t saying DVC members will use getaways instead of their points, they will be used in addition to.

Most will begin to stretch their points for more trips. Instead of a full week in their DVC resort, they can book 4 nights and add on a 3 night short stay getaway at a Marriott. They can turn that one week into two DVC trips. This was the concern of many
I can certainly understand that concern. I really don't think many DVC members will use this (most really had no idea what RCI even was) but any percentage of owners using it still creates more competition. Most conversations on DVC boards simply write off any use of RCI (and now II) as a waste and as having poor quality resorts even though most people had never even looked at the exchange site. I've mentioned the Orlando Getaways and nobody seems to care or give it any thought. I hope you still get what you want!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I can certainly understand that concern. I really don't think many DVC members will use this (most really had no idea what RCI even was) but any percentage of owners using it still creates more competition. Most conversations on DVC boards simply write off any use of RCI (and now II) as a waste and as having poor quality resorts even though most people had never even looked at the exchange site. I've mentioned the Orlando Getaways and nobody seems to care or give it any thought. I hope you still get what you want!
I’d agree, I’d write off RCI as well if I owned DVC! However, interval offers better quality resorts. I think a DVC member can do very well exchanging into interval.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But it was said that DVCers didn't want to leave the "bubble" and our lowly Marriotts and Sheratons wouldn't be up to standard.
The sarcasm aside, I think your words are accurate looked at statistically, not because the resorts are of lower quality (some are, some aren't, and some are above) but because of location and the way DVC members as a whole approach this subject. Very few DVC members are likely to schedule Getaways for Orlando even if they are allowed. I still suspect this will not be allowed even though one can search for them currently.
I’d agree, I’d write off RCI as well if I owned DVC! However, interval offers better quality resorts. I think a DVC member can do very well exchanging into interval.
I don't believe that's actually the case when one looks at the subject as a whole, esp when looking at those systems that don't have an internal priority. RCI has more resorts and more lower rated resorts but if you take MVC & Westin mostly out of the picture because of the internal priority, I think RCI stacks up very well. It does vary by location, II has areas they cover better and the reverse is true for RCI.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
See below, experienced DVC’ers are starting to reconsider exchanging. My guess would be that most inexperienced DVC’ers exchanged in RCI and I Expect those DVC’ers will continue to exchange in II. However, Interval now has experienced DVC’ers saying “wait a minute, maybe there is something to these exchanges”. I expect more exchanges into II than there was in RCI and there were plenty of DVC rooms available in RCI.

Ok guys, experienced DVC'er here. I have 700 points across 5 contracts at 4 resorts (all Resale but 150 of my points acquired after losing perks).

I am a total neophyte about trading out or exchanging. For some reason the thought intimidates me. Also, just not been that impressed with the RCI options in the past.

II and Marriott Vacation Resorts has me rethinking my position and maybe looking into getting more educated...but where to start?

What is the difference in Trading and Exchanging in II? Are they the same thing?

If I wanted 7 nights in Paris Resort in 2023, how would I go about looking at that exchange? Trade? Do I lose those DVC points while I wait for it to be accepted?

Hell, I am not even sure what to ask!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The sarcasm aside, I think your words are accurate looked at statistically, not because the resorts are of lower quality (some are, some aren't, and some are above) but because of location and the way DVC members as a whole approach this subject. Very few DVC members are likely to schedule Getaways for Orlando even if they are allowed. I still suspect this will not be allowed even though one can search for them currently.

I don't believe that's actually the case when one looks at the subject as a whole, esp when looking at those systems that don't have an internal priority. RCI has more resorts and more lower rated resorts but if you take MVC & Westin mostly out of the picture because of the internal priority, I think RCI stacks up very well. It does vary by location, II has areas they cover better and the reverse is true for RCI.
I think there is still some nice availability in the Westin/Marriott resorts outside of priority. It will be interesting to see how well DVC trades. They may have excellent inventory available to them. We don’t know the terms of what was negotiated to get DVC back into interval. It seems that even the restriction on getaways in Orlando has been lifted so who knows what else will be given to DVC members. Marriott could have negotiated a side deal to give DVC members priority behind Marriott owners.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there is still some nice availability in the Westin/Marriott resorts outside of priority. It will be interesting to see how well DVC trades. They may have excellent inventory available to them. We don’t know the terms of what was negotiated to get DVC back into interval. It seems that even the restriction on getaways in Orlando has been lifted so who knows what else will be given to DVC members. Marriott could have negotiated a side deal to give DVC members priority behind Marriott owners.
The way II's system works I truly expect them to trade just like Grande Vista except without the internal priority. I can't imagine any special availability options for DVC and their trade system is very punitive in some ways.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
It seems like the comparatively tiny population of TUGgers is not representative of DVCers as a whole, just as TUGgers aren't representative of any of the bodies of ownership of the various systems. An experienced DVCer TUGger being interested in getaways is not indicative of DVC owners as a whole thinking the same way.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I have over 800 DVC points, mostly direct, some resale, all grandfathered in for perks. I really have no interest in exchanging, as I usually have no points left to play with. So I looked at the II website for getaways and saw Sheraton Vistiana in Orlando for one week in September one bedroom for around $525. That’s incredible and I think I must have done something wrong. That’s a great price as I think it’s close to Disney Springs. A great way for a Disney fix especially during food & wine festival if I’m running low on points. I’ve heard good things about Sheraton Vistiana.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I have over 800 DVC points, mostly direct, some resale, all grandfathered in for perks. I really have no interest in exchanging, as I usually have no points left to play with. So I looked at the II website for getaways and saw Sheraton Vistiana in Orlando for one week in September one bedroom for around $525. That’s incredible and I think I must have done something wrong. That’s a great price as I think it’s close to Disney Springs. A great way for a Disney fix especially during food & wine festival if I’m running low on points. I’ve heard good things about Sheraton Vistiana.
For September it is usually more like $350 to $400 there before tax for a two bedroom (it is early for getaway inventory for September right now). The middle of September is usually dead - kids back in school and summer over.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems like the comparatively tiny population of TUGgers is not representative of DVCers as a whole, just as TUGgers aren't representative of any of the bodies of ownership of the various systems. An experienced DVCer TUGger being interested in getaways is not indicative of DVC owners as a whole thinking the same way.
Perhaps, but let's say that 5% of DVC owners book an Orlando getaway. That is still new demand for an additional 11,000 getaways. Perhaps not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but still a lot of new demand.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but let's say that 5% of DVC owners book an Orlando getaway. That is still new demand for an additional 11,000 getaways. Perhaps not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but still a lot of new demand.
Historically 5% haven't used the exchange system in total, It'll likely be less than 0.1% that would ever secure an exchange for Orlando even if they ultimately have that option.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Historically 5% haven't used the exchange system in total, It'll likely be less than 0.1% that would ever secure an exchange for Orlando even if they ultimately have that option.
I can see that for exchange, but is it about the same for cash bookings?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see that for exchange, but is it about the same for cash bookings?
That info I've seen over the years would suggest that is a combined number and it's been under 3% until fairly recently including with II before. Remember that other than those of us that own both DVC and other options, most people who own DVC aren't the typical timeshare owner and often don't even see themselves as actually owning a timeshare. I can't count the number of times I've seen someone post that they never saw themselves owning a timeshare but DVC was different. Most don't own DVC as a way to see the world, just to go to the parks. Even the non park resorts have a cult following. It's very common for DVC members to not be worried about the "cost" otherwise they likely wouldn't have bought DVC to start with. I've seen few posts over the years about people actually booking getaways with DVC. In my mind most that would book them already have access independently because they play both sides already.