• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC moving to II effective Jan 1 2022 [MERGED]

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since DVC went to RCI years ago, there were unhappy DVC members because RCI didn't compare to II for quality exchanges for DVC. DVC members were complaining loudy about RCI. I am so glad for the DVC members who use the option. One of Rick's chiefs at the fire department owns a lot of DVC points and used them for exchange quite often. I told him to rent but he said that is not a nice thing to do to other DVC members.

I am hoping for great options to Disney resorts very soon.
My view is that the quality difference is solely with options with internal preferences like MVC & Westin. Therefore I think it's more smoke and mirrors than reality. Plus RCI has areas they excel and II excels in other areas.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Not sure if anyone posted yet but It looks like the codes are:
Bay Lake Tower: BDN
Copper Creek: CWA
Animal Kingdom: DAK
Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani: DAA
Beach Club Villas: BCV
Boardwalk Villas: DBW
Hilton Head: DVH
Old Key West Resort: DVO
Polynesian villas: DPA
Riviera Resort: DRA
Saratoga Springs: DSS
Grand Californian: VDD
Wilderness Lodge: DWL
Grand Floridian: VDH
Aulani: ADJ

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed these posted on FB, I'm not seeing in the II resort directy though. Where to you pul them from. Also, what rating did they give, can I assume elite?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I noticed these posted on FB, I'm not seeing in the II resort directy though. Where to you pul them from. Also, what rating did they give, can I assume elite?
They’ve been pulling up in the app.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
They just have the gold designation. They deserve elite, that fleur de lis designation is appropriate for Disney.

I have not been able to look at any information about a trade into DVC to see if the $190 fee is going up at all, but I am willing to pay more than the $190 I was paying. Now that Disney no longer includes the transportation to/from the airport, that fee could be a waste of money for some. If you have to rent a car, anyway, then it would give some people pause to pay extra money for DVC.

Resale value for some good traders in II will go up again. I paid $1,600 + closing costs for my first SBP years ago. It traded into DVC quite well.

I go back and forth on what I find valuable in RCI/ Wyndham and II. Wyndham points are quite valuable, my weeks are not doing well in RCI, but I am stuck with those.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
They just have the gold designation. They deserve elite, that fleur de lis designation is appropriate for Disney.

I have not been able to look at any information about a trade into DVC to see if the $190 fee is going up at all, but I am willing to pay more than the $190 I was paying. Now that Disney no longer includes the transportation to/from the airport, that fee could be a waste of money for some. If you have to rent a car, anyway, then it would give some people pause to pay extra money for DVC.

Resale value for some good traders in II will go up again. I paid $1,600 + closing costs for my first SBP years ago. It traded into DVC quite well.

I go back and forth on what I find valuable in RCI/ Wyndham and II. Wyndham points are quite valuable, my weeks are not doing well in RCI, but I am stuck with those.
To me the $190 paid for the parking at the parks so it was a wash. When I go next month, I’ll be renting a car even though I’m staying at SSR. I hate the bus system and I would rather just drive to the parks. However, This trip the 190 fee really annoys me since I now have an annual pass and parking at the parks is included with that.

I agree, they should be designated elite resorts, especially since SVV is!

I go back and forth on what II resale market will look like. I don’t think we will really know since II isn’t as transparent as RCI in terms of “power”. What was successful in exchanging into DVC last time, may not be the case this time. We won’t know until it’s reported.

I have about 6 months to figure out what I’m doing with my Regal Vista points account. I don’t have any points until 2023, so by May of next year I will figure it out. I still think RCI points are valuable. Not everyone uses them solely for DVC so I do believe they are still very useful.

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Do all of the Marriotts and Hyatts have Elite status, or does it vary by resort or location?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do all of the Marriotts and Hyatts have Elite status, or does it vary by resort or location?
It varies.

I wouldn’t assume those designations are what we will see come Jan 1st.
Here's why I think that.

I was able to find the resort codes via the search bar as I was trying to enter an ongoing search (minus Vero---I couldn't find that one). However, all of the resorts that opened after DVC left II to RCI were taken out of the search when I tried to initiate it. Furthermore, the photos representing the resorts were all pretty dated--I would not be surprised if they were the photos in use for those resorts when they were last in II. They were all in the gold category, which was the highest category back then.

I suspect those older resorts were added using the old materials. I bet the newer resorts will be added, all photos updated, and most if not all of the resorts will be re-classified between now in the 1st.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It varies.

Here's why I think that.

I was able to find the resort codes via the search bar as I was trying to enter an ongoing search (minus Vero---I couldn't find that one). However, all of the resorts that opened after DVC left II to RCI were taken out of the search when I tried to initiate it. Furthermore, the photos representing the resorts were all pretty dated--I would not be surprised if they were the photos in use for those resorts when they were last in II. They were all in the gold category, which was the highest category back then.

I suspect those older resorts were added using the old materials. I bet the newer resorts will be added, all photos updated, and most if not all of the resorts will be re-classified between now in the 1st.
I did the same. I tried to enter searches for all of the resort codes for our May dates, also October and December. It took those newer resorts out of my search. I still kept my searches in, but it went back to DWL, BCV, DBW ,DVO, and DSS only. I couldn't put in Aulani or any of the newer resorts, not that I care. I am happy to try for any or all of those. I wonder if the searches will stick.

Maybe only certain resort systems will be allowed to stay at the newer resorts, if they are even offered in II.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone posted yet but It looks like the codes are:
Bay Lake Tower: BDN
Copper Creek: CWA
Animal Kingdom: DAK
Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani: DAA
Beach Club Villas: BCV
Boardwalk Villas: DBW
Hilton Head: DVH
Old Key West Resort: DVO
Polynesian villas: DPA
Riviera Resort: DRA
Saratoga Springs: DSS
Grand Californian: VDD
Wilderness Lodge: DWL
Grand Floridian: VDH
Aulani: ADJ

It’s early here and I am under caffeinated but is Vero missing…I don’t have access yet to check.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
It’s early here and I am under caffeinated but is Vero missing…I don’t have access yet to check.it
I hate Vero so I left it off purposely LOL JK it must be under a different name because I cannot find it.

jmbarnes101

Reaction score
I'm worried so hopefully this will be a good thing. I own DVC, never will trade it in, but I used RCI to book cash stays within the 6 month mark or earlier primarily in Branson or Wisconsin Dells. With no fees, cheap costs for week, and the ability to purchase multiple rooms and weeks (even guest certificates were free) it was an awesome perk to get an extra week or two of vacations or gift families with free or cheap stays. I'm not familiar with II so I don't know what this will look like but I'm worried it won't be as good.

emoneybug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - Saratoga Springs 365pts (resale)
So what is a good timeshare system to jump into that has good resorts and can trade II into DVC? I got into Hilton because I liked Hilton's resort options and I could RCI/DVC for the Saratoga week. Would like to learn what is comparable on the II side?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
So what is a good timeshare system to jump into that has good resorts and can trade II into DVC? I got into Hilton because I liked Hilton's resort options and I could RCI/DVC for the Saratoga week. Would like to learn what is comparable on the II side?

Hyatt

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's an unknown what will trade into Disney through II.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's an unknown what will trade into Disney through II.
Probably not. We know that Orlando based resorts will be blocked and that II does more community rating than does RCI which determines variables more resort by resort. Certainly exchanging in II is less transparent than RCI but what it takes to trade to DVC is likely the same it takes to trade to other Orlando resorts without an internal priority. Ultimately it will be based on volume of deposits and competition for those available deposits.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC menu path: Destinations > Interval International Vacations

1641071712779.png

When searching to exchange into Orlando, FL for all of 2022.
"Sorry, we did not find any matches for your travel dates & destination"

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The previous information stated that exchanges to Orlando would be blocked.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Would anyone care to take a guess on when DVC will show II instead of RCI? The screen shot below is as of 1/1/22.

1641081050136.png

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs

jmbarnes101

Reaction score
Is anyone able to access II Shortstay getaways via DVC? I was able to look at regular cash getaways but not the shorter more soon ones. It gives me an error to contact my servicing office for assistance.