• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC moving to II effective Jan 1 2022 [MERGED]

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC moving to II effective Jan 1 2022 - just got the email

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Dear Member,

At Disney Vacation Club, we know how much you enjoy exploring destinations and experiences beyond your Home Resorts. Our team is dedicated to helping you create unforgettable vacation memories around the world. That’s why we’re thrilled to name Interval International as our exclusive new exchange provider for traditional exchanges, effective Jan. 1, 2022.

This new relationship will offer you a broad range of resort experiences, providing flexible and diverse opportunities in amazing locations across Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, as well as destinations closer to home including the United States, Mexico and the Caribbean.

Through Interval International, you will have access to thousands of resorts including a specially curated portfolio of high-quality properties selected especially for Members. This expanded portfolio includes well-known resorts offered by Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt and Westin, to name a few.

In the meantime, you can continue to book nightly and weekly exchanges in the traditional exchanges through our current program until Dec. 31, 2021. Additionally, any confirmed reservations or points that have been deposited to RCI will be honored through 2023. If you have confirmed exchanges with RCI, deposited points with RCI or made a booking with RCI using cash, you can always review your activity on the Member website.

We’re excited to continue to provide you and your family with a whole new world of vacation possibilities!

All the best,
11a7adf8-e2b0-adb6-343a-dd2b570e80ff.png

William C. “Bill” Diercksen
Senior Vice President & General Manager
Disney Vacation Club and Aulani

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
DVC moving to II effective Jan 1 2022 - just got the email
I was just going to post that when I saw your post.

Unbelievable, and actually incredibly good news. I have been moving slowly away from RCI, anyway.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
yikes! that's not much notice! Has it been about 10 years of RCI? And, that's why we tell newbies, "don't buy something just to trade into DVC via RCI." I was just thinking, "do we really "need" our AKV contract when we can easily (and more cheaply) trade in via RCI?" RCI was a good deal while it lasted. I got 7 trades over 10 years.

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I'm happy about it too. I think the Marriott and other II resorts are generally nicer than the RCI resorts. I'm looking forward to seeing the directory of resorts we can use our points for (e.g., I'll be surprised if we can book Marriott Ko Olina with DVC points) and how many points it costs to exchange.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yikes! that's not much notice! Has it been about 10 years of RCI? And, that's why we tell newbies, "don't buy something just to trade into DVC via RCI." I was just thinking, "do we really "need" our AKV contract when we can easily (and more cheaply) trade in via RCI?"
OH MY GOODNESS, yes! That person just asked, and I was telling her about Grand Palms for weeks in RCI, and she was looking at RCI Points to buy. We need to warn her about this.

Pro

TUG Member
Reaction score
My only other timeshare after DVC is with RCI. As a DVC member will I have access to last minute availability in II such as "Last Call Vacations" in RCI?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm happy about it too. I think the Marriott and other II resorts are generally nicer than the RCI resorts. I'm looking forward to seeing the directory of resorts we can use our points for (e.g., I'll be surprised if we can book Marriott Ko Olina with DVC points) and how many points it costs to exchange.
Trading in is a whole new ballgame with II. I am super excited about this but only for getting exchanges. I don't see us ever depositing DVC points to II. But wow, what a great change. I have great traders for II.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yikes! that's not much notice! Has it been about 10 years of RCI? And, that's why we tell newbies, "don't buy something just to trade into DVC via RCI." I was just thinking, "do we really "need" our AKV contract when we can easily (and more cheaply) trade in via RCI?" RCI was a good deal while it lasted. I got 7 trades over 10 years.
OH MY GOODNESS, yes! That person just asked, and I was telling her about Grand Palms for weeks in RCI, and she was looking at RCI Points to buy. We need to warn her about this.
OMG, that's right. Every now and then a side mention has been made that DVC might switch back to RCI, but I don't think anyone thought it would happen so quickly and with such short notice.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Yippee!!! This is the best timeshare news for me in years! I’ve been debating buying an RCI trader, but had no use for it other than DVC. II works so much better for me.
I am thrilled!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
II still doesn't have the resort codes listed in their directory. I have been trying to remember them to see if they are using the same ones. I need late April-early May. Super happy with this news. I got 4/17 already.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Super happy about this and was just checking in to post it if it wasn't already posted. Makes me love my DVC much more.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I a very happy!! Being so invested in II it is GREAT NEWS!! I hate the private agreement that Wyndham had with RCI exchanges. Wydham got private inventory at Aulani that only went to Wyndham points owners. Figure us HGVC and Wyndham owners would get same access to DVC inventory. Since Wyndham owns RCI it is a little funny that DVC Aulani exchanges went to Wyndham owners privately? Like the fox guarding the hen house.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
II still doesn't have the resort codes listed in their directory. I have been trying to remember them to see if they are using the same ones. I need late April-early May. Super happy with this news. I got 4/17 already.
Do you happen to recall in II if you could trade a summer Sheraton Broadway Plantation 2BR for a DVC 1BR? I know in RCI, SBP didn’t give me enough TPUs. (So many acronyms)
Thanks

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't see us ever depositing DVC points to II.
A couple of months ago I might have said the same. Now I'm not so sure. It would certainly open up some additional resorts for us - our other TS trades in RCI.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
needvaca--In II you need to have enough "power" to pull something, using a somewhat non-transparent system As I recall, quality of digs weighed more than location and supply/demand sometimes.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just deposited my 2022 week in II....I wonder how soon I can put in my OGS for any Disney resort, LOL?

bladiator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Attitash Mountain Resort
Oof. This news hurts. At least on the bright side I'll be forced to try out the other fine vacation resorts in the Orlando area -- I never would have when I could get DVC.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My only other timeshare after DVC is with RCI. As a DVC member will I have access to last minute availability in II such as "Last Call Vacations" in RCI?
Yes, you will have access to a lot of "Getaway" inventory. It is great inventory.

Does Disney block their members from trading back into non-dvc Orlando resorts?

Reactions: Pro

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you happen to recall in II if you could trade a summer Sheraton Broadway Plantation 2BR for a DVC 1BR? I know in RCI, SBP didn’t give me enough TPUs. (So many acronyms)
Thanks
Yes, that would be an easy trade. I also had great success with my Foxrun weeks. I think I will move my remaining Foxrun back to II from RCI now.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oof. This news hurts. At least on the bright side I'll be forced to try out the other fine vacation resorts in the Orlando area -- I never would have when I could get DVC.
And there are plenty! All Orlando HGVC and a few Marriotts trade via RCI.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The codes used to be OKW, SSR, WLV, and I am trying to remember the others. I think AKL was also one.

I am so happy to have Marriott and Vistana to use for Disney.