• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Closed - new thread started] Will Hawaii Open by [OCTOBER???] [Please use this thread for all Hawaii Coronavirus discussions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Sunset tonight from Marriott Koolina.
e6a6c8092036b5f080f15ea3abb74945.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

They're at Ryan Ranch, near Monterey airport. I've used them to get an antibody test earlier in the year, but they also have PCR and rapid tests.
Thank you. I was hoping for a place that would accept medical insuranve, but at least I now know there is a place nearby with open appts.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I've held onto my hope for a 70th Birthday trip to Maui in mid October. Made a few changes so I can quarantine 14 days at Marriott Kaanapali, if need be. Being retired, my time is cheap.

On the slight possibility that Oct 1 will be allowing entry with proof of negative test, I have started to look at possible testing sites in the Santa Cruz/San Jose vicinity because that's where I will be prior to flight departure.

So far, no success. Now I am imagining Maui open for inbound, but me not able to get tested. What to do?
I have had good success with Quest Labs in San Jose. Lots of available appointment times.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They do. There's no free county health dept test site close to me so I've gone to a local urgent care. I went with checkbook in hand -- they said it was $150 -- but they said no, they'll bill my insurance. They ended up getting about $120 from my insurance. Questionable business plan. :)
I'm currently in Santa Cruz County and have not found a county site as you describe. Until recently I was in Riverside County (near Palm Springs) and was aware testing was easily available to all. That's why I was surprised by the difficulty of finding a site to use in 3 weeks, when I may need it to travel. So, it seems testing is controlled/offered on a county level. I am willing to go north to Santa Clara County but haven't found a readily accessible location that can provide results in less than a week. (For those who aren't aware, much of Silicon Valley is located in Santa Clara County.)

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Planning for Maui, October 2021, our usual EOY :)

We had originally planned on going next week to Honolulu and staying the winter. With the Pandemic we feel safer at home on Long Island this year. We are looking forward to returning to Honolulu next fall.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looked again, and it is one week for results. Won't work for travel.

You can try this site:

(This was from TPG website)
Note that the info is self-reported. So if you find a site listed and they do NOT do PCR testing, you can report that to the site directly and they'll remove the listing.

yeereid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Shearwater-Kauai
Maui Sunset
Even if I have to take a test prior to arrival, I will still plan on keeping my April 2021 reservation. As long as I do not need to quarantine!

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
I still have a family trip planned for January 2021. truly hoping the testing infrastructure is in place by then. If not I have to cancel by November 10th to not have restricted points through vistana. It took a lot of effort to get this trip together, so I will be disappointed. Luckily, I was last there January 2020 before Covid really hit, so my memories are still fresh-ish. I will not hesitate to return, but I get the feeling flights will be less direct and harder to book, less restaurants and things to do. Hoping the virus dies down to reduce the necessity for masks as well. basically, hoping for the best but planning for the worst. I will return, it's just a matter of when we will be allowed to. ALOHA

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is one of the major reasons why Hawaii has not been able to implement an entry process for visitors. 50% of Hawaii vacationers come from California, and CA does not have readily available quick-turn around testing.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We are going 2/15, and we will self-quarantine for 14 days and then we will be free to do as we want the last 3 weeks and 5 days of our trip. If there is a place I can self-quarantine, it's our Hono Koa oceanfront unit.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. However, my search for sites in CA came back with a list of random, unsorted country-wide results. Can someone else give it a try?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
You can sit at the beach now as long you are separated by 6 feet. Does not matter if you arrive in the same vehicle. If you want to sit at beach you have to be 6ft apart.

Lots of 2br available with AC for $300 a week at MKO. I am tempted to just cancel my booked weeks and lose the $154 and uptrade fees. Then use AC`s for Oct and Nov. weeks cancelled at MKO.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We are planning to visit next year for sure. Currently we have two units booked at Kings Land on the Big Island for May. It would be great if the restrictions were gone by then, but we will adapt. I don't have any objections with a pre-travel covide test. Both my wife and i have already been tested, me due to illness, and my wife gets tested monthly for work.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
You can sit at the beach now as long you are separated by 6 feet. Does not matter if you arrive in the same vehicle. If you want to sit at beach you have to be 6ft apart.
They do some curious things in Hawaii, but that may rank among the most curious of all. Okay to share a bed and a car, just don't sit close at the beach.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Makes perfect sense: It would be time consuming for authorities to walk down the beach and check the addresses of each group to see if they should be sitting together or not, but it's very easy to quickly look across a beach and see if everyone is 6 feet apart.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Makes perfect sense: It would be time consuming for authorities to walk down the beach and check the addresses of each group to see if they should be sitting together or not, but it's very easy to quickly look across a beach and see if everyone is 6 feet apart.
If that's the case they should also prohibit being in your car with another person or walking, or being, anywhere, within six feet of another person.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Remember that one of the issues that they have had is large spreader events at beach parties, so that is the behavior that they are targeting.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
This is one of the major reasons why Hawaii has not been able to implement an entry process for visitors. 50% of Hawaii vacationers come from California, and CA does not have readily available quick-turn around testing.
That is perhaps at least party correct, however, I'm not sure Hawaii should "punish" itself for that reason or even concern itself with that. That's an issue or burden for the traveler to deal with. (On an aside, my wife, me, and my daughter twice, have all received test results in 2 days or less in the past 30 days.) If they/you/me can't get the test result in time, so be it. That's our problem to deal with. But if they/we can, why would Hawaii say no, you can't come and help start revitalizing our economy anyway because someone else in your state could not get their test result in time?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hawaii has been trying to contract with a company to provide the tests, so that verified test results can be sent directly to Hawaii. They originally tried to contract with CVS, but like the the rest of California, CVS couldn't acquire enough tests. They are trying to avoid a piecemeal approach, because it's difficult and time consuming to verify dozens of different forms of test results printed on papers clutched in visitors' grubby hands, which may or may not be authentic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.