• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carnival Cruise Line threatens to remove its ships from US home ports to sail elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Go ahead. That would just confirm my assertions.

You misunderstand. It’s not me who would lock the thread. But if you continue posting socially contentious political comments others will complain and a mod will lock the thread. And thinking this confirms your opinion is a mistake and shows you don’t comprehend the purpose of TUG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
Nope, wrong again. How many times must I post that I currently have five booked cruises and have been on numerous cruises in recent years? It makes me a “cruise hater” to point out obvious issues with your argument that cruises are clean and safe, and healthy? Ha! I’m just being realistic... and I enjoy cruising, or else I wouldn’t be booked on more! This thread hasn’t encouraged any positive commentary, but you’re also new to TUG so you haven’t seen my past posts on this topic.

Note that you haven’t made a single comment on my earlier post re the cruise I was on where Australia almost didn’t allow us to disembark because we had a very high level of Noro on board. I even posted a pic of my steward in her outfit ready to clean! Nope, you just ignored that and continue to post commentary about how safe cruising is, and now attack me as a “hater”. You need to read reports on cruising from sources other than biased marketing sites. If you won’t believe a picture of a steward wearing a mask, gloves and protective gear due to a virus on board, it’s clear you have no objectivity on this topic.

Even with my history on cruises and recognition of the reality of health related concerns, I still have five cruises booked as of today! Try to call me a hater again and you lose all credibility...that’s really just hilarious.

I think I would rather just ignore you and your silly arguments.

Again, maybe you should rethink your tagline.

BTW, as a side note, the amount of time spent on this board has absolutely ZERO correlation as to the amount of knowledge the poster does or doesn't possess. These "newbie" statements from you and others just goes to show how "cliqish" y'all have become, as if you think your time here means you're more knowledgeable than anyone else. No need to respond, it won't get read. Good day.

AndySamuels

Reaction score
Correct: moderators have the privilege and duty to lock threads. And it is not my intention to have a political discussion.

I am merely pointing out that there is something to be said for personal choice regarding the choice to go on a cruise or not. The same for a cruise line to decide whether or not to sail.

I am also merely stating my opinion that lockdowns and so on have gone overboard. Of course people may disagree with my opinion and I respect that.

And I also pointed out that, in my opinion, there is a vast discrepancy and contradiction in how COVID suppression has become near obsessive. At the same time many other aspects of society are also detrimental to people's health but the freedom of choice in those matters is not debated. To me that appears very odd.

Last edited:

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
IMO as a society we are trending towards totalitarian dictatorship by majority opinion. Which is extremely ironic: this nation was founded on the principle of personal freedom. Hopefully more people will realize that our freedoms are being eroded more rapidly by the day by fear mongering in the media.

If people want to smoke: assuming the risk of illness: that is OK.

If people want to drink: assuming the risk of illness: that is OK.

If people want to drive a car: assuming bodily harm to themselves and other: that is OK.

If people want to become obese by excessive consumption of unhealthy food: that is OK.

If people want to cruise: assuming risk of illness: that is not OK?

Anyone see a discrepancy? I do.

Alcohol, sugar and smoking probably kill more people and cost society more annually than COVID but nobody points this out. Another example of group think extremism I think.

Winner Winner!!

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
It seems you have forgotten the USA is a republic, and what that means. Regardless if you like it or not, the minority is not intended to rule. And... if you continue with this theme you’ll just get this thread locked.

But he’s not wrong so what happens a lot on this forum is those who don’t agree get locked out
That in itself is wrong
Jump over to most any other biker forum and it’s a very different arena
One with an actual debate with a middle ground and not MINE is better than yours that we all see here

The idea that one side of ANYTHING is correct 100% and the other side is 100% out of their mind is crazy but the kool aid drinkers seem to make it all factual and there is no middle or even realistic debate anymore

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
The idea that one side of ANYTHING is correct 100% and the other side is 100% out of their mind is crazy but the kool aid drinkers seem to make it all factual and there is no middle or even realistic debate anymore
OMG, that is soooo true! That describes a few posters here (on both sides) to a T. Just about did a spit-take when I read this. :ROFLMAO:

Kurt

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So how is this going to work. The cruise lines are saying people will have to be vaccinated, but Florida has said they will ban any company from requiring people to be vaccinated. So, if Florida wins the suit, are they going to conveniently make an exception? Can that lead other businesses to sue Florida?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good news!

Gee, you don't suppose that the governor of Florida MIGHT be a little biased on this, do you? There is nobody more anxious to get back to cruising than I am. FWIW, I have final payment coming due shortly for our first post-Covid cruise, and another one in a few months. But just between friends, here, I'd like some assurance that the folks at my table in the dining room, my cabin steward, and the people packed into a tender with me are ALL vaccinated, and I have absolutely zero problem showing any of them an approved document proving mine.

Jim

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
But he’s not wrong so what happens a lot on this forum is those who don’t agree get locked out
That in itself is wrong
Jump over to most any other biker forum and it’s a very different arena
One with an actual debate with a middle ground and not MINE is better than yours that we all see here

All brought to you lately by the left.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I think I would rather just ignore you and your silly arguments.

Again, maybe you should rethink your tagline.

BTW, as a side note, the amount of time spent on this board has absolutely ZERO correlation as to the amount of knowledge the poster does or doesn't possess. These "newbie" statements from you and others just goes to show how "cliqish" y'all have become, as if you think your time here means you're more knowledgeable than anyone else. No need to respond, it won't get read. Good day.

Yup, keep lashing out at anyone who disagrees with you will get you far. Good to know you have all the answers. And as typical with people who don’t have a good rebuttal, you quickly attacked people personally. Yeah...you’ll go far on TUG.

As for history...it’s not uncommon at all for forums like TUG to question a newbie who attacks others who have been around for years. It’s laughable that you think this is abnormal.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Gee, you don't suppose that the governor of Florida MIGHT be a little biased on this, do you? There is nobody more anxious to get back to cruising than I am. FWIW, I have final payment coming due shortly for our first post-Covid cruise, and another one in a few months. But just between friends, here, I'd like some assurance that the folks at my table in the dining room, my cabin steward, and the people packed into a tender with me are ALL vaccinated, and I have absolutely zero problem showing any of them an approved document proving mine.

Jim

I have the same concerns. I’ve been discussing this very issue with friends in my group for our next cruise, and we are generally uncomfortable with a cruiseline that doesn’t require vaccines from everyone on board, including crew. This was one of the reasons why I booked a Virgin Voyages cruise next year the week they announced they will require this for all.

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
I too want cruises to return soon. We have 5 cruises booked between October 2021 and October 2022, all departing from Florida ports. But I think the cruise industry is still a little premature in their timing by requesting the No Sail Order be lifted in July 2021. I think the CDC will have a difficult time lifting the No Sail Order while new Covid cases are increasing slightly in the US. Meanwhile for cruise enthusiasts, Royal Caribbean cruises can be had, departing from the Bahamas and Bermuda as early as June 2021. But vaccination for all passengers is required.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watch out for fake Vaccine cards. :ponder:
Being fully vaxx'd, the above is more a danger to someone carrying a fake card than to me. Frankly, danger to public health is greater from unvaccinated children and their play and schoolmates. Kids MAY be at reduced risk themselves, but they can transmit the virus to others.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dont go if your concerned about unvaccinated kids on the cruise. :ponder:

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I too want cruises to return soon. We have 5 cruises booked between October 2021 and October 2022, all departing from Florida ports. But I think the cruise industry is still a little premature in their timing by requesting the No Sail Order be lifted in July 2021. I think the CDC will have a difficult time lifting the No Sail Order while new Covid cases are increasing slightly in the US. Meanwhile for cruise enthusiasts, Royal Caribbean cruises can be had, departing from the Bahamas and Bermuda as early as June 2021. But vaccination for all passengers is required.

So......
I can’t get on a boat from the USA but I can get on a plane and fly to another location and get on a boat there
Then visit other ports
Get back on a plane to the USA and that’s perfectly fine?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dont go if your concerned about unvaccinated kids on the cruise. :ponder:
Damn few to no kids on cruises we take. My point being that while WE are protected, the much vaunted 'herd immunity' is unachievable as long as children cannot be vaccinated. So far, the highest rate of vaccination anywhere is in Israel, and even they will not hit 80%.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Damn few to no kids on cruises we take. My point being that while WE are protected, the much vaunted 'herd immunity' is unachievable as long as children cannot be vaccinated. So far, the highest rate of vaccination anywhere is in Israel, and even they will not hit 80%.
I have a question for you, and anyone else planning a cruise. Do you have any concern about being in port among people who potentially are not vaccinated?

AndySamuels

Reaction score
Not worried in the least! Ready to party!

I am around unvaccinated people all the time here in FL. Few people here pay attention.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Not worried in the least! Ready to party!

I am around unvaccinated people all the time here in FL. Few people here pay attention.
Florida. Isn't that the state where cases keep rising.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you, and anyone else planning a cruise. Do you have any concern about being in port among people who potentially are not vaccinated?
Admittedly some. But we are fully vaxx'd and will stay masked and away from crowded indoor situations as much as possible. We have a year of practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.