• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Assessing Risk: Where are you now? Where will you be this summer?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We're kind of all over the place. We self isolated in March because we had come back from Maui, through San Francisco. Well we self isolated except for the time I took dh to the ER because he thought he was having a stroke.

Dd is working for home and really doesn't go out at all except with us to pick up take out or take a drive. I go out twice a week to work with my trainer at the gym. Dh goes out to get groceries (we never did delivery or curb side pick up). We go out to pick up take out food (don't do delivery).

My sil and bil live in the same town. Haven't seen them since February. The only time I've gotten together with anyone was a "happy hour" using social distancing at a neighbor's house. And that was mostly to pick up some homemade masks she and her daughter were making.

Salons, gyms, barbers and dine-in restaurants still aren't open yet. When they do I will go to a salon, but not the gym or dine-in restaurants.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
started between 2-3, but work has been from home since mid March, and I expect it will be that way until at least July. Our area hasn't been hit hard at all, we actually got several doses of the trial drug remdesivir as well, local news reported on 2 patients that got the doses, both doing better (although one also got convalesent plasma-and by all reports THAT is almost a sure fire thing to help not only recovery but mitigate longterm organ damage). Now moving 3-4 (I'd be at a 5-but the rest of county isn't there yet and that's ok). I have a hair appointment next week, desperately need a pedicure (my salon the clinicians wore masks anyway- no biggie to move to customers also wearing them). We are planning a lake outing with friends tomorrow, went to the lake on our pontoon boat a couple weeks ago and ate outside at a restaurant on the water that was open (with all the distancing guidelines etc). I haven't had a reason to go anywhere with stuff closed and work from home anyway. Despise shopping so good excuse for hubs to do it LOL-although today was the 2nd time since March I did a big grocery shop at Walmart-few wearing masks except workers, but no one got close to any one else-waited patiently at end of aisles (apart) etc. I did wear a mask for most of time (so few in store I pulled down a few times). I will wear a mask at my hair appointment just to be sure I protect my stylist (whom I adore) as much as possible even though they aren't requiring it. I am actually enjoying the "personal space" requirements :)

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really liked this article from NPR today, assessing the various risks of typical summer activities. Outside is always better than inside, fewer people is better than more. Of course, individual risk factors play into it to, but, because you can be asymptomatic and a mass spreader, it would be the considerate and compassionate thing to do to think about other folks' risk as well. https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-experts-rate-the-risks-of-14-summer-activit?

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really liked this article from NPR today, assessing the various risks of typical summer activities. Outside is always better than inside, fewer people is better than more. Of course, individual risk factors play into it to, but, because you can be asymptomatic and a mass spreader, it would be the considerate and compassionate thing to do to think about other folks' risk as well. https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-experts-rate-the-risks-of-14-summer-activit?
From the article “And there's no such thing as a zero-risk outing right now.”.

um, that’s true all of the time . Life has risks.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Good common sense

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are definitely (1) plus golf in our own cart and golfing just with each other. Players don't get paired up with others at our country club because of the small number of members. We still have all groceries delivered to us and clean our own home. No one is allowed into our home. My PCP has now advised us to keep our preventative medical visits.

There won't be a change in summer. We hope that we will be able to make our annual Thanksgiving trip to Palm Desert for 2 weeks. Sometime between now and then, I hope to be able to make it to California to see my son.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
@Monykalyn - looks nice! What lake is this and how warm did it get outside in MI today?

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We are currently at Marriott’s Canyon Villas in Phoenix for 6 nights. We brought Clorox wipes and Lysol spray, which we used on various surfaces. We haven’t done that in the past. We were told that only about 60 units are being used as no new reservations have been allowed for May for a while. The main pool is open from 10am- 6pm, but the hot tubs are closed. We decided to come here because we could drive from Las Vegas and it has been very relaxing. The JW Marriott across the street is closed, which was disappointing. I played golf at Troon North for the first time today and was paired with a father and adult son. Social distancing obeyed and they said they wiped down the carts. I brought a Clorox wipe to wipe down the steering wheel and seat just to be sure. I shot in the 70’s, so I must have done something right along the way.

Next Wednesday we move over to Westin Kierland Villas for 4 more nights. Really looking forward to that stay as well. The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa is open, but 8 don’t think the lazy river is open.

Best regards.

Mike

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The only 3 changes to our life style are: no traveling; scheduling our trips to stores so we go less often; and, not having friends over for meals/barbecues.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We are at our second home in Tahoe this weekend performing maintenance. It is nice to get out of the house with a change of scenery. Short term rentals are still banned but second homeowners now allowed. I am surprised by the number of people here this weekend since very few perm residents on our street. Perhaps they wanted a change of scenery too.

If not able to rent out, we may move here for a few weeks this summer and enjoy the lake. Although I am disappointed about lost rental revenue and sad about missed time with family at HI timeshares this summer, this lemonade is not too bad. Will still apply same precautions of mask in stores and social spacing,

We are at 2-3. We stopped housekeepers, wipe down groceries, but bring in house right after delivery, we order takeout or delivery about 1 -2 times a week.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I don't think I addressed the where will be you be this summer. Or maybe in our case it should be, what will be different for you this summer.

All summer events have been cancelled in Santa Fe. That includes Spanish Market, Indian Market, International Folk Art Market, the Santa Fe Opera and several music programs. The burning of Zozobra around Labor Day will be virtual. We usually have a large Fourth of July party at our house. We will not be having that this year.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
With DH in a very high risk group, we’ve been very cautious. We were at (1) for six weeks with occasional trips to Walmart for curbside pickup for groceries. Then came a trip to Costco wearing masks. Now we are at a (2) but no-one comes in our house. We have friends who are starting to socialize so it’s been hard to say no. Our youngest daughter is living with us and has not seen any of her friends, in order to protect us.
No travel for the summer. We may go to Lake Tahoe at the end of summer if its allowed. Not a timeshare and it will be easy to social distance. Here in San Diego, the beaches have started getting busy so we try to go when there’s less crowds. The Del Mar Fair has been cancelled. The Del Mar thoroughbred racing season may go forward but without fans in seats. Comic-Con was cancelled. Kaboo not yet cancelled but probably will be.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My daughter has been working at a large grocery store. She does not know of a single employee that has gotten sick .

Same with a friend of mine and she works in a very large and busy store.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We are definitely (1) plus golf in our own cart and golfing just with each other. Players don't get paired up with others at our country club because of the small number of members. We still have all groceries delivered to us and clean our own home. No one is allowed into our home. My PCP has now advised us to keep our preventative medical visits.

There won't be a change in summer. We hope that we will be able to make our annual Thanksgiving trip to Palm Desert for 2 weeks. Sometime between now and then, I hope to be able to make it to California to see my son.

Wish we could get at least one preventative visit. Feels like we were abandoned.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wish we could get at least one preventative visit. Feels like we were abandoned.

My doc has been trying to adjust my Blood sugar meds so we did a virtual visit over zoom about a month ago....I had a Blood pressure machine so she had me take my bp and I had gone ahead of time to get my blood work done. Not the best if you have new issues but it worked out ok.

DH has an appt this week ( booked it back in Feb) and they are finally back to in-person appts...we were worried it would be canceled and it took so long to get a new patient appt.

If you have a current Doctor they may have virtual appt's it worked well for me

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My doc has been trying to adjust my Blood sugar meds so we did a virtual visit over zoom about a month ago....I had a Blood pressure machine so she had me take my bp and I had gone ahead of time to get my blood work done. Not the best if you have new issues but it worked out ok.

DH has an appt this week ( booked it back in Feb) and they are finally back to in-person appts...we were worried it would be canceled and it took so long to get a new patient appt.

If you have a current Doctor they may have virtual appt's it worked well for me

He is not doing teledoc. We have never met him. We had our medical records sent to him before we moved, had appts and this darn virus hit and all was cancelled. The hospital shut down a couple fo floors and furloughed like 600 people and the doctor and his office included in that.

We want physicals and basic blood work. I want to get a script for a mammogram. The usual annual care. But the office is closed until August.

He did order my husbands blood pressure medicine for a year of refills. Hubby takes his blood pressure every week. But we are in our 60's and should at least have annuals. But not having COVID I guess we are not important.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been pretty good at staying home and spacing when out. Only singularly (me) making a targeted grocery run when perishables run low. Milk, meat, eggs, yogurt, produce. 'scripts. DW caught the gardening bug and has made targeted strikes for bedding plants. Of course the June/July back-to-back cruises canceled, so we ae still looking forward to our week 29 Yellowstone TS stay at Island Park. I'm planning to catch some fish all by myself. We have - and will again visit our second home condo. The building is being repainted so we had to go there a couple days last week to clear off the balcony. The place is nearly deserted- no short term rentals are allowed, University has canceled all classes so student rental residents all left for home. In 3 days and 2 nights there, we saw nobody on our floor, just one neighbor in the garage, and mostly empty parking places. Restaurants have opened limited to spacing. We took all our groceries with us from home except one brief trip to TJ's

Jim

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
We are between 2 & 3, closer to 2 but I had a doctor appt. I kept. I think it depends a lot where you live. Our area has not seen much virus nor seen many deaths, and it appears most people in our area are back to normal. Maybe 5% with masks in the grocery yesterday, not even employees. I still feel like we are going to get hit with it at some point and taken by surprise. I hope I'm wrong.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been between a 1 and a 2 since March 21st. I have done much pick-up of groceries, but when not able to, HEPA respirator and gloves. (Always wear glasses anyways.)

No externally cooked food. (Not sit down, not take out.) Only vegetables that can be cooked.

I may break quarantine to the extent of having compost loaded into trunk for use. Bought gasoline once (full protective rig).

I will only break out if a reasonably effective treatment is proven out. Recently retired, not stirry yet. . .

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
He is not doing teledoc. We have never met him. We had our medical records sent to him before we moved, had appts and this darn virus hit and all was cancelled. The hospital shut down a couple fo floors and furloughed like 600 people and the doctor and his office included in that.

We want physicals and basic blood work. I want to get a script for a mammogram. The usual annual care. But the office is closed until August.

He did order my husbands blood pressure medicine for a year of refills. Hubby takes his blood pressure every week. But we are in our 60's and should at least have annuals. But not having COVID I guess we are not important.
You should have annuals. Your state is not hard hit at all. It makes no sense. I have been able to go to all my doctors in NC and that state is hit much harder. They are checking temperatures and requiring masks of everyone.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
You should have annuals. Your state is not hard hit at all. It makes no sense. I have been able to go to all my doctors in NC and that state is hit much harder. They are checking temperatures and requiring masks of everyone.

Exactly. But the doc and his office have been furloughed and closed. It is more of a money issue. The hospital was on shaky ground financially before this virus and with elective surgeries being canceleld and having to make room for the onslaught of COVID patients that never came and all that it it had to furlough 600 people and close down multiple floors and offices.

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
We are between 2-3 and not feeling stressed or down. Since I was very sick in mid-March we take precautions.
We hike, shop for groceries and went to dentist when his office opened. This is not too different from what we would do anyway in our hometown except that we wear our face masks in stores or when approaching another person. Our b2b cruises were canceled, annual two months in Europe are out of question. Stay healthy!

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly. But the doc and his office have been furloughed and closed. It is more of a money issue. The hospital was on shaky ground financially before this virus and with elective surgeries being canceleld and having to make room for the onslaught of COVID patients that never came and all that it it had to furlough 600 people and close down multiple floors and offices.
That is frustrating! And the hospitals like this that will have serious issues staying open after all this making a next pandemic even harder to treat and contain-well news is just now starting to talk about that, but there is still a faction of "stay home forever until cure is found" faction who refuse to acknowledge we may have shot ourselves to save possibly catching a virus-but the shot WILL kill us. But at least it's not CV19! I am frustrated with you as I need my annual and I need my pulmonary tests to get a handle on what the heck has happened to my breathing this winter.