• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Instructions on cancelling your recent Wyndham timeshare purchase

jr80

Reaction score
Assuming that Nevada law governs this purchase, you should follow what it says in that law. Your act to rescind the contract is what has to be within the time limit. The law you cite reads like it is calendar days, so if it were me I would follow that and send the rescission notice (signed by everyone that signed the contract) by certified mail, retaining the receipt, by midnight of the fifth calendar day. I wouldn't use personal delivery except as a back up to the certified mail because of the desirability of proof that you have rescinded by the deadline. The contract itself may provide additional means to notify Wyndham of the rescission.

For your question on points, Club Wyndham points cannot be used directly on regular Wyndham hotels through the Wyndham hotel website. Wyndham Destinations, the timeshare portion of the company, split from the Wyndham hotel portion of the company a number of years ago. The points that can be used for Wyndham hotels are Wyndham Rewards points, which are a different type of point than those used in Club Wyndham. It is possible to convert Club Wyndham points to Wyndham Rewards points, but there are limitations that have to be met, a fee applies, and the value of the points is typically greatly reduced (i.e., conventional wisdom is that you will lose 50-90% of what you paid in cash for the points by doing this). There may be circumstances where converting Club Wyndham points to Wyndham Rewards points makes sense for individuals in order to avoid losing the value to expiration or something like that, but those circumstances are best avoided by planning in advance.

Thanks. The contract says by midnight on the 5th calendar day after the agreement, either by mail with receipt or in person to developer. I was planning to walk in today and hand them something and get them to give me some type of receipt as well as send an email. And then mail something if needed as well.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The contract says by midnight on the 5th calendar day after the agreement, either by mail with receipt or in person to developer.
Mail it. "In person to the developer" may have a very specific meaning (for example, it might mean their HQ in Orlando). Do not bother with email, and do not visit the sales office at your resort---that will just lead to a conversation trying to talk you out of rescinding.

jr80

Reaction score
Mail it. "In person to the developer" may have a very specific meaning (for example, it might mean their HQ in Orlando). Do not bother with email, and do not visit the sales office at your resort---that will just lead to a conversation trying to talk you out of rescinding.

The only issue is I'm still away...Need to get to a printer and then a post office. I was also given a gift card. I imagine I would have to return that in person anyway.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The only issue is I'm still away...Need to get to a printer and then a post office. I was also given a gift card. I imagine I would have to return that in person anyway.

It doesn't have to be pretty - you could write it out in crayon on a paper towel if you want. It just have to convey that you (all signers of the contract) are rescinding the contract and plainly identify the contract that is being effected. (I wouldn't just walk up and say "I break with thee, I break with thee, I break with thee" and throw dog poop on their shoes because that wouldn't give you a receipt and wouldn't be signed.)

If you don't mind, once the rescission is done, update @Grammarhero on how much you saved doing it. He tracks that for TUG.

jr80

Reaction score
It doesn't have to be pretty - you could write it out in crayon on a paper towel if you want. It just have to convey that you (all signers of the contract) are rescinding the contract and plainly identify the contract that is being effected. (I wouldn't just walk up and say "I break with thee, I break with thee, I break with thee" and throw dog poop on their shoes because that wouldn't give you a receipt and wouldn't be signed.)

If you don't mind, once the rescission is done, update @Grammarhero on how much you saved doing it. He tracks that for TUG.

Understood. My question would be, how do i give back the gift card? I would have to go there anyway.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We're you given the Gift Card to attend or for the purchase? Would you have received the Gift Card whether or not you purchased? If the Gift Card was for attending you do not need to give it back.

jr80

Reaction score
We're you given the Gift Card to attend or for the purchase? Would you have received the Gift Card whether or not you purchased? If the Gift Card was for attending you do not need to give it back.

I was given additonal gift cards as part of the purchase of the timeshare.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
I was given additonal gift cards as part of the purchase of the timeshare.

Your problem is how to rescind the contract.
Their problem is how to retrieve any additional gifts they gave you once you rescind.
Worry about your problem.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Sent mail with tracking, signature, return receipt, signature.
Visited and gave a and written note which they signed.
Emailed.
I'll let you all know what happens.

You got to keep the gift cards, right?

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Emailed.

We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Emailed.
@jr80 We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

kaiydo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Hello Guys!

I fell into the trap today, and as I do with every purchase, I usually check reviews/personal accounts but this wasn’t the case today. I spent a few nights in the Wyndham resorts up in the poconos PA for a skiing trip. Before this, I had never heard of wyndham. I was just renting through airbnb like usual, but this time we got to the villas thinking it was a secluded home only to realize it was a resort… being rented out by some lady. So this got me thinking, how is she doing this? Anyways, long story short I end up in the timeshare meetings and hear the full 90 minutes. Since I am a business man, I’m always open for new ways to generate income. I was interested in what they were saying so I stayed to talk to a lady, one on one. Bad idea, five minutes into the talk I told myself this sounds like a scam because she is pushing way too hard and this sounds too good to be true. Four hours later… I caved in. I went into this thinking that a bit of investment into these “properties” could yield much higher returns with renting them through Airbnb once I buy them. I still think this is theoretically possible but I’m learning as I go and after reading through a few posts on this sub… I’m in over my head. Now a few questions: If I have the cash to invest in this, is it worth renting on airbnb? I would not use any of this for leisure or vacations since I’m not looking for discounts of cheaper travel, I can just book normally and pay whatever price it is. I would solely use this as a business. I was given a price of $19,000 and payed some money as a down payment (unknowingly used one of their credit cards, came to find out after the fact) and that bought me 300k worth of points and unlimited “last calls” if you aren’t familiar with this term, from my understanding it means that I can purchase as many properties I possible can that are open for purchase. Also, I came to find out that I was hit with a bunch of different fees that were not mentioned at all during our meeting. I’m thinking of pulling out completely and I still have 4 days to do this. Thank you in advance for any insight or advice !

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
"If it was so easy to do, everybody would be doing it." Years ago, I bought the book "How to Beat the Dealer." It was about blackjack, and I was in Atlantic City with my wife. Long story short - it's not that easy. Yes, some people do make money renting timeshares. People that do, don't buy "retail" timeshares. They buy "resale" timeshares. There are rules involved. There are other costs involved. There is planning involved. You would be very wise to rescind your purchase immediately and start studying the subject. This website is the best place to do that. For the measly price of $15/year, you can check out timeshares for sale, timeshares for rent, and any details about the different timeshare systems. Follow the instructions in your contract, and get away from this purchase. If you decide at some time that you want to buy retail, this deal you mention will always be there. Once you get past the rescission period, you own it.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys!

I fell into the trap today, and as I do with every purchase, I usually check reviews/personal accounts but this wasn’t the case today. I spent a few nights in the Wyndham resorts up in the poconos PA for a skiing trip. Before this, I had never heard of wyndham. I was just renting through airbnb like usual, but this time we got to the villas thinking it was a secluded home only to realize it was a resort… being rented out by some lady. So this got me thinking, how is she doing this? Anyways, long story short I end up in the timeshare meetings and hear the full 90 minutes. Since I am a business man, I’m always open for new ways to generate income. I was interested in what they were saying so I stayed to talk to a lady, one on one. Bad idea, five minutes into the talk I told myself this sounds like a scam because she is pushing way too hard and this sounds too good to be true. Four hours later… I caved in. I went into this thinking that a bit of investment into these “properties” could yield much higher returns with renting them through Airbnb once I buy them. I still think this is theoretically possible but I’m learning as I go and after reading through a few posts on this sub… I’m in over my head. Now a few questions: If I have the cash to invest in this, is it worth renting on airbnb? I would not use any of this for leisure or vacations since I’m not looking for discounts of cheaper travel, I can just book normally and pay whatever price it is. I would solely use this as a business. I was given a price of $19,000 and payed some money as a down payment (unknowingly used one of their credit cards, came to find out after the fact) and that bought me 300k worth of points and unlimited “last calls” if you aren’t familiar with this term, from my understanding it means that I can purchase as many properties I possible can that are open for purchase. Also, I came to find out that I was hit with a bunch of different fees that were not mentioned at all during our meeting. I’m thinking of pulling out completely and I still have 4 days to do this. Thank you in advance for any insight or advice !

DON'T even think twice about keeping this. RESCIND while you still can. Most Post Offices are now closed, and will not reopen again until Tuesday, January 18th.

Prepare your rescission letter now. Anyone buying it with you needs to sign it (as well as yourself), and mail it out CERTIFIED MAIL at the USPS on Tuesday. It doesn't matter when they receive it but it DOES matter as to when it is Postmarked. Retain all copies of your paperwork as well as your Postal Receipt.

Rescind and then consider buying resale. What you paid thousands for can sometimes be had for pennies on the dollar.

Don't depend on buying for rental purposes to generate income. Covid did a real number on those who were unable to rent in 2020 and 2021. If you buy, consider buying it for your own use. TUG users recommend buying where they would want to go most often.

Welcome to TUG.

kathieh1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I followed the instructions here to mail in our request to cancel within the 7 days and it took two weeks, but I see they credited the full payments back to my Visa and Checking Accounts. Be careful to look through all the pages of your documents to find the right address. In our case it was on an addendum. No regrets. We still own our deeded weeks at the Kona Coast Resort (no Shell Points either), and will either sell those or continue to use or trade them. Wyndham just doesn't seem like a good deal considering how much they charge.. and we are in our late 60's and think we'd be unlikely to use it. I suspect it would still end up being hard to get what we want despite the sales pitch.

vdagani90

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
So I recently was tricked into buying a timeshare when I was in TN on a vacation and had second thoughts the night after I bought so I decided to send a rescission letter. I tried looking for the cancellation policy on my contract but was not able to find it. I was confused on what address I was going to send it to so I sent it to the 6277 Sea Harbor Dr. Orlando, FL 32821. I bought the timeshare on 8/20 and was able to send the letter on 8/22 through FedEx. I have contacted wyndham to ask on the progress of my cancellation and have been told that my file did not reflect any rescission letters received. I gave the agent the tracking number and a said she will make a case since I was in the rescission period, and also to call next week to ask for an update because it takes time. So I wait and I just went through my contract again today in finally found the cancellation policy. in the policy it is asking me to send to p.o. box 94443, las vegas, nevada, 89193 within 10 days. it is already 9/3 (14 days) since the contract signing. what should I do?

Kwistal

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort Aruba
Sand Castle Village II - New Bern, North Carolina
This is what the contract I signed in Pennsylvania on 9/27/2022 says:
"Purchaser's Nonwaivable Right to Cancel". You, the purchaser, may cancel this purchase at any time prior to midnight of the seventh (7th) day following the date of this transaction. If you desire to cancel, you are required to notify the Seller, in writing, at Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc., Attention: Account Servicing Operations - Rescission Department at P.O. Box 94443, Las Vegas, Nevada 89193 or 10750 West Charleston Boulevard, Suite 130, Las Vegas, Nevada 89135. Such notice shall be given by certified return receipt mail or by any other bona fide means of delivery which provides you with a receipt. Such notice shall be effective upon being postmarked by the United States Postal Service or upon deposit of the notice with any bona fide means of delivery which provides you with a receipt.

I used the letter template below (from the top of this post), mailed it via USPS certified mail on 9/30/2022, and I received a letter from Wyndham on 10/22/2022 (dated 10/13/2022) saying "we have completed your request to rescind the above-referenced contract... Any payments made have been refunded in the same manner in which they were paid."

Letter template:

September 30, 2022

Wyndham Vacations Resorts, Inc.
Attention: Account Servicing Operations - Rescission Department

Regarding my contract #00000000 for the purchase of a CLUB WYNDHAM Access Vacation Ownership Plan. I am exercising my legal right to cancel this contract. Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,
Printed name and signature

Cantor90

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes. That is one of the correct addresses as reflected below. Follow instructions as exact. Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?
I was having the same issues where it says please refer to Page one of the New York offering plan but all that’s there is the Florida address but nothing else. So I called Wyndham and they gave me two P.O. Box addresses in Las Vegas, the email and the fax. I went ahead and email yesterday, fax today and send letter to all three addresses. Today I received a payment cancellation confirmation saying that my auto payment cancellation has been successfully cancelled. I called Wyndham again and asked if this was in relation to my rescission request and they said that it was currently pending and that yes it was in regards to the rescission. Has anybody received such emails? I am trying to cover every single aspect. I signed on the 22nd of this month and the contract says I have 7 business days to rescind

Cantor90

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Can anyone please tell me if this letter that I sent is good enough statement of me telling them that I want to rescind the contract ?

Name of timeshare plan: Club Wyndham Access Vacation Ownership Plan

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc

Email Dated October 24, 2022

Attn: Wyndham consumer finance

To whom it may concern

Good Afternoon

The purpose of this letter is regarding the required cancellation of my timeshare contract. Our names are …… and ……. and we purchased a timeshare with Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc on October 22, 2022, at the 733 3rd Avenue 2nd floor New York, NY 10017 location. The contract number is …….. and the member ID is …….. per the contract regarding this timeshare, I am contacting you within the rescission period in order to cancel this timeshare contract.

This is our formal rescission request. Please void all contract(s) and refund our down payment.

Please provide me with a written/email response once the contract has been voided.

Thank you in advanced

Sincerely,

And then we both signed