• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] Instructions on cancelling your recent Wyndham timeshare purchase

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
This is a work-in-process on a sticky I would like to create that provides specific instructions on how to rescind a Club Wyndham purchase agreement. Please use this post to provide constructive comments. At some future date I will zap all the comments and make this a sticky. Thanks

How To Rescind Your Recent Wyndham Timeshare purchase
This post is designed to be a quick guide on how to rescind your timeshare purchase from Wyndham. If you are not purchasing from Wyndham, or want a more in-depth guide please refer to this TUG advice article: https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/cancel_timeshare_purchase.html

Timing is Everything
The first thing to recognize is that time is of the essence, and that you may need proof that the properly rescinded your purchase. For this reason we strongly recommend that you use certified mail as the method of sending your rescission notice, and use fax or email as a backup.

The Notice
In some states there will be a form letter in your paperwork you can use. If not your rescission notice does not need to be fancy or have some magic wording. It does not need to explain why you are rescinding - only a clear expression that you are rescinding your purchase. A simple letter like:

Wyndham Vacations Resorts, Inc
Attn: Account Servicing Operations-Rescission Dept

Regarding my contract XXXXXXX for the purchase of a timeshare at "ABC" resort. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

John Husband
Jane Wife

The letter does not need to be typed, it can be hand-written. Ensure that it is signed and dated, and include the cover page of your Purchase Agreement. The contract number for Wyndham purchase agreements is typically found in the upper right hand corner of your paperwork.

Where To Send The Notice
Now comes one of the most important steps - determining where to send the notice. For this step we strongly recommend scanning your contract and locating the mailing address listed in your contract. The following address is used in most recent contracts - but IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU ENSURE THIS IS THE CORRECT ADDRESS FROM YOUR CONTRACT.

Wyndham Vacations Resorts, Inc
Attn: Account Servicing Operations-Rescission Dept

PO Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193
or
10750 West Charleston Boulevard
Suite 130
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

It is equally important that you have proof that you sent the rescission notice by the contract deadline (which varies by state). For this reason we only recommend certified mail - as certified mail is only method that is legally recognized in all US states.

However, in addition, you can fax your rescission notice to 702-227-3298, and/or email the notice to rescissions.wvr@wyn.com. We strongly recommend that email and fax only be used as secondary methods, as certified mail is method that is outlined in your contract.

Whats next?
Once you have your rescission notice in the mail and Wyndham receives it, you should receive a confirmation email from the Rescission Dept. So kick back, take a deep breath, and consider becoming a TUG member so you can fully research if being a timeshare owner is right for you.

If you want to confirm the receipt, some members have had luck calling the Financial Services Dept at 702-304-4100.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Anyone have a fax number? I know I have seen one posted before.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Idea! posting a Sticky with step-by-step instructions, complete with letter template and addresses. We should have them for all the major players in the 'hold 'em 'til they sign' sales game.

I've probably typed and re-typed the same info dozens of times for individuals who've asked. What a time-saver!

Jim

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In this part I would add the bolded text.

The letter does not need to be typed, it can be hand-written. Ensure that it is signed by each party that signed the contract, and dated, and include the cover page of your Purchase Agreement. The contract number for Wyndham purchase agreements is typically found in the upper right hand corner of your paperwork.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I have nothing substantial to add, only a suggestion that before you post it as a sticky you correct the multiple spots where (probably due to autocorrect) the word “rescission” is misspelled as “recession.”

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Should we get our notice notarized?

Only if the recession instructions in your contact say that notarized is required. I highly DOUBT that it does, but the point is you should follow the recession instructions that were provided in the contract exactly to ensure success.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

This is the one that I used. 7023044217

It is listed in the directory as the fax number for title services.

We did four things to rescind last year:

1.) We told the sales agents and returned the Kindle (that did absolutely nothing for us.)

2.) I faxed our rescission letter.

3.) I mailed our rescission letter, certified mail.

4.) I used FexEx overnight to deliver the letter.

At least one of these methods worked. Everything went out on a Friday. I know that they received the Fedex letter on Monday. The mailed letter just sat at the post office for several days. On Tuesday we were notified that the rescission was accepted and in the works.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the one that I used. 7023044217

It is listed in the directory as the fax number for title services.

We did four things to rescind last year:

1.) We told the sales agents and returned the Kindle (that did absolutely nothing for us.)

2.) I faxed our rescission letter.

3.) I mailed our rescission letter, certified mail.

4.) I used FexEx overnight to deliver the letter.

At least one of these methods worked. Everything went out on a Friday. I know that they received the Fedex letter on Monday. The mailed letter just sat at the post office for several days. On Tuesday we were notified that the rescission was accepted and in the works.
The ONLY method that carried any legal weight was the rescission letter. Sent Certified or not. All the other methods listed may have given you (the sender) comfort, but had no legal effect- unless they are specifically listed as ways to communicate your desire to rescind in the contract you signed.

Jim

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Jim is correct. Only legal way to rescind is what is on the TS contract.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The posts above are correct - when possible every recession letter should exactly follow the terms of the contract.

However if for whatever reason it is impossible to follow the terms, you certainly have nothing to lose by using one of the secondary methods that provide real-time confirmation that you communicated your intent to rescind.

Babykayzee

Reaction score
Only if the recession instructions in your contact say that notarized is required. I highly DOUBT that it does, but the point is you should follow the recession instructions that were provided in the contract exactly to ensure success.

I can't find the instruction on how to rescind. Where do I find that?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't find the instruction on how to rescind. Where do I find that?
Don't lose a lot of sleep on this. Read the first post in this thread. There is a template of a letter there. Use it. The address is there to send it to. They'll get it. And you'll be done with this. Contracts are all legalese and made to be exact, and put 'normal' people to sleep.

Jim

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where exactly do I find on how to rescind.

In all 50 states, sending the recession notice by certified mail conforms to the terms of your contract. The earlier post about exactly following the terms of your contract was in regard to email or faxing the notice - which may or may not conform to the terms of the contract. It is one of the those "better safe than sorry" type of things - as Wyndham has accepted notice by other methods, but could likewise stop doing so at any moment. And if there was ever a dispute - for whatever reason - following the contract is the bulletproof defense.

nola_mama

Reaction score
THANK YOU for giving us such helpful information and peace of mind! I'm so grateful for this board & forum! We sent our rescission letters to both of the official addresses that were listed in our contract's cancellation terms. (Thankfully, we learned that we could sent them today since it's officially the seventh- and last- day after receiving our public offering statement.) Without the great advice on here, my hubby & I wouldn't have known where, when, or how to complete this successfully.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For some east coast TS, I’ve seen a fax number of 407-626-6753, current as of Aug 17, 2019. Do their fax numbers keep changing?

For some west coast TS, I’ve seen a fax number of 702-227-3298, current as of Dec 2, 2019. Screenshots uploaded.

Attachments

• F4F38FDB-9AC1-440C-9C4F-7486AE5C79D0.jpeg
    F4F38FDB-9AC1-440C-9C4F-7486AE5C79D0.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 316
  • 8C47C200-2F57-4EB2-BFF9-088A80B934D9.jpeg
    8C47C200-2F57-4EB2-BFF9-088A80B934D9.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 310

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For some east coast TS, I’ve seen a fax number of 407-626-6753, current as of Aug 17, 2019. Do their fax numbers keep changing?

For some west coast TS, I’ve seen a fax number of 702-227-3298, current as of Dec 2, 2019. Screenshots uploaded.

I have updated the post to align the Las Vegas address to the Las Vegas area code fax number (702). The 407 area code is Orlando - and I suspect that wording might be dated - as Las Vegas seems to be the processing center.

Thanks

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have updated the post to align the Las Vegas address to the Las Vegas area code fax number (702). The 407 area code is Orlando - and I suspect that wording might be dated - as Las Vegas seems to be the processing center.

Thanks
I think Wyndham might be beginning to have two rescission processing centers, one in LV and another in Orlando.

NY Wyndham uses the Orlando address
as of Dec 5, 2019. https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-me-out-of-wyndham-hooks.297442/#post-2364123

FL Wyndham uses the Orlando address as of Aug 17, 2019.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I think Wyndham might be beginning to have two rescission processing centers, one in LV and another in Orlando.

as of Dec 5, 2019. https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-me-out-of-wyndham-hooks.297442/#post-2364123

You are right about Wyndham having 2 recession addresses.

I have been reading a slew of Case Action Lawsuits against Wyndham this weekend and came across this one where the Exhibits show 2 addresses.

https://www.classaction.org/media/deneen-et-al-v-wyndham-vacation-resorts-inc.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nola_mama

Reaction score
  • Both of the addresses on our contract were NV addresses. I sent certified letters to both, just in case one had complications. (And, got paper & electronic receipts from USPS.)
  • I used HelloFax to fax from my computer and received an electronic confirmation page (from HelloFax).
  • I emailed rescissions.wvr@wyn.com .
I didn't mind doing a little work extra work to save $20,000! Thanks, again, y'all! I'm so grateful for the awesome help that we received here!! Such a great online community of people helping others!

chillin

Reaction score

Just got notification from Wyndham my contract is cancelled. All monies returned to CC accounts same day. Address and guidelines posted above accurate. However from what I read in contract they are required by law to provide you rescission instructions. One strange factoid. Sent rescission letter on last day (5 business days, so Sunday doesn’t count and clock starts day after signing). Tracked certified (handwritten) letter to Vegas. Recorded as firm book (logged in) by LVS postal. Then it SAT there for three days. On third day I filed postal complaint. At which point was delivered same day, with all rescission administrative functions complete, money reversed, and and confirmation email by Wyndham sent. Weird, eh? Procedures were precisely followed so would have met burden of proof. Didn’t think I had to monitor the post office as well.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What I think is more likely is that your complaint got them to update the tracking,

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got notification from Wyndham my contract is cancelled. All monies returned to CC accounts same day. Address and guidelines posted above accurate. However from what I read in contract they are required by law to provide you rescission instructions. One strange factoid. Sent rescission letter on last day (5 business days, so Sunday doesn’t count and clock starts day after signing). Tracked certified (handwritten) letter to Vegas. Recorded as firm book (logged in) by LVS postal. Then it SAT there for three days. On third day I filed postal complaint. At which point was delivered same day, with all rescission administrative functions complete, money reversed, and and confirmation email by Wyndham sent. Weird, eh? Procedures were precisely followed so would have met burden of proof. Didn’t think I had to monitor the post office as well.
Congrats. We are happy to hear that.

Blueangel

Reaction score
Hello. I signed up today for a timeshare, and when getting home and reading the manual, and comparing to what we were told about the Wyndham program, they are two different stories. Our contract, in NY, says we have 7 days to cancel and to refer to page 1 for guidance. However, page one has no instructions.
Would you kindly verify if the address 6277 Sea Harbor Dr in Orlando is the latest address that has worked for cancelations? And which is the latest fax number? It was not provided to us either. Thank you.