• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

BeOurGuest

Reaction score
Yes, I sent all notices to the address in the cancellation clause.

Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited, Inc.
4960 Conference Way North, Suite 100
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
attn: Corporate Sales Accounting

Thanks for the reassurances. Life is too short.

Update:

Rescission was processed in a very timely manner. Letter was received by the corporate office on July 14, 2022 and full refund was processed in two installments on July 20, 2022 to the Barclays credit card. Total savings of approximately $24,000 (principal plus interest) and a lifetime of fees.

Again, thank you so much TUG community!

Leonardolemos

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen
Update:

Rescission was processed in a very timely manner. Letter was received by the corporate office on July 14, 2022 and full refund was processed in two installments on July 20, 2022 to the Barclays credit card. Total savings of approximately $24,000 (principal plus interest) and a lifetime of fees.

Again, thank you so much TUG community!
I just purchased a small binneal BG package, and have been reading a lot of negative reviews in the network. May I ask why you canceled your membership? That may help me to make a decision while still I have time. Thanks!!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a small binneal BG package, and have been reading a lot of negative reviews in the network. May I ask why you canceled your membership? That may help me to make a decision while still I have time. Thanks!!

Most Timeshares are worth little or nothing. With that said do a lot of reading here on TUG, check the resale market, and make your own informed decision. Check out all the Bluegreen resales on eBay (note the low prices).

Keep in mind that you only have a few short days in which you can legally rescind, but you can go out and buy it again whenever you want. That said, give serious consideration to rescinding while you still can.

Welcome to TUG.

Last edited:

Leonardolemos

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen
Most Timeshares are worth little or nothing. With that said do a lot of reading here on TUG, check the resale market, and make your own informed decision. Check out all the Bluegreen resales on eBay (note the low prices).

Keep in mind that you only have a few short days in which you can legally rescind, but you can go out and buy it again whenever you want. That said, give serious consideration to rescinding while you still can.

Welcome to TUG.

Thank you!!

Reaction score
So I bought 9/5/22 and unfortunately I have buyer's remorse. I def do not have peace with this purchase. I have 5 days to rescind and based on a bit of reading here, I have a sample template to use. I am so thankful I found this site!

Question though - do I need to return the books? If yes, does that go in same "package" as where I send the letter? Want to make sure I don't give them any reason to say I didn't do something right.

Thanks in advance!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You can rescind without returning the books. The letter is the important part. They can charge you for the books. I would expect no more than $10-$20. You can mail them, the cheapest possible way available or hold them and wait to see if they bill you and then mail them if it is worth it.

Reaction score
You can rescind without returning the books. The letter is the important part. They can charge you for the books. I would expect no more than $10-$20. You can mail them, the cheapest possible way available or hold them and wait to see if they bill you and then mail them if it is worth it.

Thanks much! I don't mind being charged for the books. As long as they accept my rescind letter.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Question though - do I need to return the books? If yes, does that go in same "package" as where I send the letter? Want to make sure I don't give them any reason to say I didn't do something right.

Thanks in advance!
I suggest a line in the rescission letter, "Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover." Then send 'em back to the resort (not the rescission office- they don't want 'em) by the cheapest means.

Glad you found us in time.

Jim

santos8921

Reaction score
To: Bluegreen Resorts

Contract reference number: xxxx

Attention corporate sales accounting dept,

Regarding contract xxxx for purchase of a timeshare on December 2nd 2022 at Eilan Hotel & spa sales center 18603 La Cantera Terrace San Antonio, Texas 78256 resort. I am exercising my legal right to cancel this contract. I am rescinding the contract and I expect a full refund of my deposit of $12345 that was paid with MasterCard ending with xxxx along with the advanced charge of $xx vacation package payment. Do not make any additional charges to my bank account or credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover

sincerly,

jane doe

does this work? any suggestions are welcomed

D1337tion

Reaction score
Screenshot-20230321-102147-1.png

Hey Everyone,

Very glad I found this site and was able to rescind my TS. I have a quick question though. I was sent this just now, so I know my letter has arrived at their offices safely.

I have read normally Bluegreen won't send anything and to just sit and wait for the refund/processing. I did ask for a reply in writing, so should I be concerned that this is the only email I got and there's nothing in regards to the timeshare itself?

DkBalboa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I purchased Bluegreen in Las Vegas on March 21 NV, states I have 5 days up until midnight to rescission. I have my letter typed ready to mail in the morning if it’s postmarked on the 5th day is it fine. Also the thing is it’s Sunday I will have to FedEx it or UPS it. I hope this will work. Does anyone have any other helpful information?

MiraNYC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
We had our BG membership for nearly 5 years and only used it 3 times. Getting out of the contract was a headache I don’t wish on anyone. Las Vegas has become “too much” as we get into our golden years. Best of luck

Rosangel

Reaction score
Screenshot-20230321-102147-1.png

Hey Everyone,

Very glad I found this site and was able to rescind my TS. I have a quick question though. I was sent this just now, so I know my letter has arrived at their offices safely.

I have read normally Bluegreen won't send anything and to just sit and wait for the refund/processing. I did ask for a reply in writing, so should I be concerned that this is the only email I got and there's nothing in regards to the timeshare itself?
Hi! Did you get the rest of the money after this email?

Thanks in advance for your time.

ABMD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
So glad I found this website! Unfortunately my wife and I signed the contract to purchase yesterday at Blue Green The Fountains in Orlando. 24hrs later I have already written up my letter to rescind the contract and asked for a refund of the initial deposit. The problem is, we are still on the resort in Orlando with no business center to copy or print my letter! I used the letter the OP posted and made some minor modifications and let my BIN (an attorney) review it and he said it looked good.

Long-story short, we were both in agreeance that we would sit through the sales pitch and say thanks, but no thanks at the end. Well, with all the "percs" they offered us she was convinced it was a good deal, despite the many redflags. Below is a breakdown of the final offer we signed.

16,000 points EOY (really just 8,000 points/year)
8,000 bonus points in year 1
a *Free* 8 day/7 night stay at any RCI location for the first 3 years for just $289 for the entire week
a *Free* 7 day/6 night cruise for 2 on Royal Caribbean (later they rescinded this after they lowered the price)
Cost: $19,208 (they told us this was only $8 above their cost)
10% down payment (of which they credited the $699 for the weeks stay towards our downpayment because we signed up with Cabela's)
financed at 16.99%!!!

Their initial price sheet was 10K point for $45K, but the promotion for that specific day was 10K points for $40K, incredible. For the Diamond level, 100,000 points, it was $450,000. I said you could buy a vacation house for that much! As someone with degrees in Finance and someone that considers themselves pretty financially responsible I can't believe I allowed myself to be con'ed into this system. I told my wife I felt dirty and used afterwards, despite speaking to some nice people at the resort who said they loved their timeshare. After some due diligence (which should have been done ahead of time, but we never thought we could be con'ed into buying) I see this opportunity is right for us, especially considering the secondary market for these is pennis on the dollar.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
So glad I found this website! Unfortunately my wife and I signed the contract to purchase yesterday at Blue Green The Fountains in Orlando. 24hrs later I have already written up my letter to rescind the contract and asked for a refund of the initial deposit. The problem is, we are still on the resort in Orlando with no business center to copy or print my letter! I used the letter the OP posted and made some minor modifications and let my BIN (an attorney) review it and he said it looked good.

Long-story short, we were both in agreeance that we would sit through the sales pitch and say thanks, but no thanks at the end. Well, with all the "percs" they offered us she was convinced it was a good deal, despite the many redflags. Below is a breakdown of the final offer we signed.

16,000 points EOY (really just 8,000 points/year)
8,000 bonus points in year 1
a *Free* 8 day/7 night stay at any RCI location for the first 3 years for just $289 for the entire week
a *Free* 7 day/6 night cruise for 2 on Royal Caribbean (later they rescinded this after they lowered the price)
Cost: $19,208 (they told us this was only $8 above their cost)
10% down payment (of which they credited the $699 for the weeks stay towards our downpayment because we signed up with Cabela's)
financed at 16.99%!!!

Their initial price sheet was 10K point for $45K, but the promotion for that specific day was 10K points for $40K, incredible. For the Diamond level, 100,000 points, it was $450,000. I said you could buy a vacation house for that much! As someone with degrees in Finance and someone that considers themselves pretty financially responsible I can't believe I allowed myself to be con'ed into this system. I told my wife I felt dirty and used afterwards, despite speaking to some nice people at the resort who said they loved their timeshare. After some due diligence (which should have been done ahead of time, but we never thought we could be con'ed into buying) I see this opportunity is right for us, especially considering the secondary market for these is pennis on the dollar.
You can hand write the letter and mail it in
The instructions on what to say and where to mail it are in your paperwork you received.

Do not go back to the sakes center.
Glad you found TUG.

ABMD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Certified mail via USPS was sent this morning.

For anyone looking for a place to make copies or print their letter in the Orlando area there is a FedEx located in the Hilton on Destination Pkwy where you can print and make copies. There is a USPS location on Turkey Lake Rd where you can ship your letter.

Fedex Location:
6001 Canadian Ct
Orlando, FL 32819
United States

USPS Location:
10450 Turkey Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819
United States

Photo of my Certified Mail Receipt. Letter should arrive by Thursday.

ABMD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I will update this thread once I receive my refund. I did ask for my down payment plus the $49 they charged me for our “New Owner” orientation in Tennessee. Once I’m back in my room I can also attach a copy of the letter I sent for others to use.

ABMD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Copy of cancellation letter below:

1686109787713.png

Priority Mail Envelope with address for Bluegreen Boca Raton, FL

1686109893684.png

peaches07

Reaction score
Very grateful I found this thread! Purchased in Missouri on 6/5 and used the template in this thread to send cancellation notice today via certified mail. Now the wait begins!

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
As someone with degrees in Finance and someone that considers themselves pretty financially responsible I can't believe I allowed myself to be con'ed into this system.
Don’t feel bad about giving in to the sales pitch - my wife (MBA) and I (JD) did at Bluegreen too. The TS sales daze and confuse tactics work surprisingly often and it happens to the best of us. Fortunately, like you, we discovered TUG during the rescission period and got ourselves out. Funny story - we bought in Myrtle Beach and when we went to the post office to mail the letter, the post office employee could tell what we were doing and started advising us how to mail the notice and what to do afterward.

After we rescinded, we followed the advice often repeated here and spent months researching the various systems and the resale market before deciding that a resale Marriott week and a Wyndham points deed would suit our needs best.

I’m told roughly half of the members here at TUG bought initially from the developer before discovering the resale market. Definitely no shame in your experience.

ABMD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Update:

My Certified mail says it was out for delivery, but is now at the Post Office for pick-up. Is this normal?

1686270331316.png

1686270368181.png

ABMD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Don’t feel bad about giving in to the sales pitch - my wife (MBA) and I (JD) did at Bluegreen too. The TS sales daze and confuse tactics work surprisingly often and it happens to the best of us. Fortunately, like you, we discovered TUG during the rescission period and got ourselves out. Funny story - we bought in Myrtle Beach and when we went to the post office to mail the letter, the post office employee could tell what we were doing and started advising us how to mail the notice and what to do afterward.

After we rescinded, we followed the advice often repeated here and spent months researching the various systems and the resale market before deciding that a resale Marriott week and a Wyndham points deed would suit our needs best.

I’m told roughly half of the members here at TUG bought initially from the developer before discovering the resale market. Definitely no shame in your experience.
I think at this time buying a TS isn’t right for our family. With kids, sports, schools, etc we are usually deciding when and where to go on short notice. I also am not too fond on the perpetual nature of the contracts and the lack of control on when and how much the maintenance fees increase. For now I am content to rent others TS if they are available.

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
I think at this time buying a TS isn’t right for our family. With kids, sports, schools, etc we are usually deciding when and where to go on short notice. I also am not too fond on the perpetual nature of the contracts and the lack of control on when and how much the maintenance fees increase. For now I am content to rent others TS if they are available.
Totally reasonable conclusion. Glad you were able to rescind and have the ability to make that decision with a cool head.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update:

My Certified mail says it was out for delivery, but is now at the Post Office for pick-up. Is this normal?

View attachment 77666
View attachment 77667

Yes, this is normal and not to worry. The important thing is does your Postmark indicate that you mailed it within the legally acceptable time frame? If so then you are fine even if they don't pick it up until next week! It is the Postmark that counts, and not when they sign for it.

Relax and allow them up to 45 days in which to issue your refund.

Think about becoming a TUG member, and remember to always buy resale.