• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

DSmith05335

Reaction score
Thank God for this forum. Many of you have helped in great ways to save me and my wife from this situation. On July 15 me and my wife said no multiple times for hours after our requirements time at Bluegreen. We finally gave in on a low offer after constant pressure and exhaustion. Since that night I have been working diligently using this forum to reverse our mistake. I have sent out my letter to void the contract through FedEx overnight with signature required as well as USPS priority express overnight with signature required. This forum has brought a lot of stress off of our backs. Now we just wait. My letter is out. First sign of the cancellation will probably be the 49$ refund correct? After that we just wait for the full amount of our deposit but that first refund means that we are out of our contract correct?

Again thanks to all the people with amazing guidance and information. I will keep everyone updated about our situation to help future information seekers!

-DS

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Thank God for this forum. Many of you have helped in great ways to save me and my wife from this situation. On July 15 me and my wife said no multiple times for hours after our requirements time at Bluegreen. We finally gave in on a low offer after constant pressure and exhaustion. Since that night I have been working diligently using this forum to reverse our mistake. I have sent out my letter to void the contract through FedEx overnight with signature required as well as USPS priority express overnight with signature required. This forum has brought a lot of stress off of our backs. Now we just wait. My letter is out. First sign of the cancellation will probably be the 49$ refund correct? After that we just wait for the full amount of our deposit but that first refund means that we are out of our contract correct?

Again thanks to all the people with amazing guidance and information. I will keep everyone updated about our situation to help future information seekers!

-DS
I am glad you found this forum.

About your letter - I have heard others say that Bluegreen does not accept signature required mail? Let us know if you you get any push back.
The Priority Mail was the correct way to send because you have proof of the date the rescind letter was sent out.

DSmith05335

Reaction score

About your letter - I have heard others say that Bluegreen does not accept signature required mail? Let us know if you you get any push back.
The Priority Mail was the correct way to send because you have proof of the date the rescind letter was sent out.

DSmith05335

Reaction score

I also had the priority mail require a signature. Do you think I need to send the letter again but not require the signature?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also had the priority mail require a signature. Do you think I need to send the letter again but not require the signature?
For peace of mind I would. You just need the tracking number with the mailing date.

If it specified in the rescind instruction to mail with signature then it's fine.
But if it doesn't, just send regular priority mail.

DSmith05335

Reaction score
You can send certified again but don’t require signature, unless the contract rescission instructions specifically requested so. If a person refuses to sign, that may be a problem. Best of luck!
You would suggest sending without a signature? I sent FedEx and USPS Priority with signature required. Should I send another with USPS without signature required?

DSmith05335

Reaction score
For peace of mind I would. You just need the tracking number with the mailing date.

If it specified in the rescind instruction to mail with signature then it's fine.
But if it doesn't, just send regular priority mail.
I will send another tomorrow. I have the tracking as well as postmark. The only problem was the signature was required.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will send another tomorrow. I have the tracking as well as postmark. The only problem was the signature was required.
You should be able to check online if they accepted and signed.

And what does the contract say about rescinding method.

DSmith05335

Reaction score

All it says is the rescission period time (7 days) and to send a letter in the mail to the Boca Raton office. Nothing about signature required or not. I followed everything just added a signature for confirmation they got it.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All it says is the rescission period time (7 days) and to send a letter in the mail to the Boca Raton office. Nothing about signature required or not. I followed everything just added a signature for confirmation they got it.
Please come back and let us know how you make out Assum8ng you mailed today so keep an eye on your tracking info on the post office website

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

-DS
congrats on finding TUG in time to save thousands!

DSmith05335

Reaction score
Please come back and let us know how you make out Assum8ng you mailed today so keep an eye on your tracking info on the post office website
I certainly will. Mailed FedEx yesterday USPS today. Sending the other tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, any information that you see I’ve missed from previous conversations will be greatly appreciated.
I don't think this has been mentioned in this thread since you started posting but, many here on TUG will advise you of this. Watch out for unknown phone calls coming your way. Sometimes, it could be someone at the resort calling you trying to change your mind about rescinding.

The person (likely a sales person) will do one of two things. He might sweeten the deal perhaps offering things like a discount, prepaid maintenance fees, better booking options, more points, etc. The other thing these sales people have been known to do is call you with threats (albeit idle, false threats) saying that you will face serious legal or financial consequences if you rescind because in your contract it states...

You will face no consequences if you follow through on your rescission and there is nothing that these sales people can offer you that is worth the amount they charged you originally.

DSmith05335

Reaction score
I don't think this has been mentioned in this thread since you started posting but, many here on TUG will advise you of this. Watch out for unknown phone calls coming your way. Sometimes, it could be someone at the resort calling you trying to change your mind about rescinding.

The person (likely a sales person) will do one of two things. He might sweeten the deal perhaps offering things like a discount, prepaid maintenance fees, better booking options, more points, etc. The other thing these sales people have been known to do is call you with threats (albeit idle, false threats) saying that you will face serious legal or financial consequences if you rescind because in your contract it states...

You will face no consequences if you follow through on your rescission and there is nothing that these sales people can offer you that is worth the amount they charged you originally.
I will be looking out for that and there is nothing they can say to get me back into this stressful situation. And I know the law and I’ve got my rescission letters out in time and it’s the law they must comply. Hopefully it’s a somewhat simple process. Thank you!

DSmith05335

Reaction score

My FedEx mailed rescission letter was delivered today and signed for. So I should be good. Thinking about sending another with no signature just in case? Or should I be good?

DSmith05335

Reaction score
I think at this time buying a TS isn’t right for our family. With kids, sports, schools, etc we are usually deciding when and where to go on short notice. I also am not too fond on the perpetual nature of the contracts and the lack of control on when and how much the maintenance fees increase. For now I am content to rent others TS if they are available.
Did they eventually pick up the letter from the post office? Mine just updated and said that it’s available for pickup at post office in Boca Raton.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they eventually pick up the letter from the post office? Mine just updated and said that it’s available for pickup at post office in Boca Raton.

This is the very reason one should send the letter via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL..... Just retain your copy of the Certified Slip Form 3800 containing the Postmark of the day you actually mailed it. The Postal Service Postmark is official proof that you mailed it within the allowable time frame, and will hold up should you need to go to Court.

It doesn't matter at all WHEN they receive it. They may get it next month, but it doesn't matter. IT DOES MATTER WHEN it was postmarked. As long as it is Postmarked within the rescinding allowable time frame then you've done all that you need to do. This is your Government official proof that you did what you had to do.

Be patient and allow up to 45 days in which to receive your refund.

Remember, they don't have to acknowledge receipt, but they do have to act on it.

DSmith05335

Reaction score
This is the very reason one should send the letter via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL..... Just retain your copy of the Certified Slip Form 3800 containing the Postmark of the day you actually mailed it. The Postal Service Postmark is official proof that you mailed it within the allowable time frame, and will hold up should you need to go to Court.

It doesn't matter at all WHEN they receive it. They may get it next month, but it doesn't matter. IT DOES MATTER WHEN it was postmarked. As long as it is Postmarked within the rescinding allowable time frame then you've done all that you need to do. This is your Government official proof that you did what you had to do.

Be patient and allow up to 45 days in which to receive your refund.

Remember, they don't have to acknowledge receipt, but they do have to act on it.

So my FedEx package was received and signed for at the Boca Raton office. Does my receipt and the proof of signature serve as the same proof as well as the receipt for the priority express overnight I sent with USPS work as proof it was sent in time, or should I go back and send another via priority certified mail. I haven’t done certified yet. I have 7 days from this previous Saturday before the period is over.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
So my FedEx package was received and signed for at the Boca Raton office. Does my receipt and the proof of signature serve as the same proof as well as the receipt for the priority express overnight I sent with USPS work as proof it was sent in time, or should I go back and send another via priority certified mail. I haven’t done certified yet. I have 7 days from this previous Saturday before the period is over.

It is called USPS Certified Mail using a PS Form 3800.

You DO NOT have to send this via Priority Mail when mailing Certified. Reason being? You want the Postmark on the Certified Receipt and retain it for your records. Why pay more for Priority Service when you really don't need it. Remember, it is the Postmarked date of mailing which matters!

Most rescission instructions will tell you USPS Certified Mail, so if you want to sleep better tonight then I would advise doing it that way. Remember to RETAIN your Postmarked Certified Receipt to show the legally enforceable date of mailing. Then you're done and they have to comply.

Chances are they will comply anyways, but with thousands of dollars at risk then I would do it via the official way to protect your rights. That's just me. You have to make your own decision.

Best of luck!

DSmith05335

Reaction score

You DO NOT have to send this via Priority Mail when mailing Certified. Reason being? You want the Postmark on the Certified Receipt and retain it for your records. Why pay more for Priority Service when you really don't need it. Remember, it is the Postmarked date of mailing which matters!

Most rescission instructions will tell you USPS Certified Mail, so if you want to sleep better tonight then I would advise doing it that way. Remember to RETAIN your Postmarked Certified Receipt to show the legally enforceable date of mailing. Then you're done and they have to comply.

Chances are they will comply anyways, but with thousands of dollars at risk then I would do it via the official way to protect your rights. That's just me. You have to make your own decision.

Best of luck!

I appreciate the info. It will be done tomorrow and I can finally have some peace of mind to hold me over until refund. Thank you so much!

DSmith05335

Reaction score
Update on my situation:

REFUND WAS RECEIVED!!!
Refund of 49$ and 1747$ down payment have been posted to my bank account. As you can read from above I sent multiple letters in different ways to Bluegreen. Things I’ve learned. Bluegreen does accept signature required mail. But like previously stated in here Certified mail is the best option to have a legal proof of sending. Bluegreen honored my refund before my certified mail got there but it’s a good thing to send it certified for peace of mind as well as assurance incase of legal action. I appreciate all the help in here and the info I received. This forum saved me and my family a lot of money and stress!

Naypalmelli

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen

-DS
What all did you send them? The rescind letter and the bonus things they gave you? Like the airline ticket coupons? Did you send the entire owner guide back?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Best of luck!

Thank you for clarifying this for people including telling us the exact form that is needed.

Hope it saves people some anxiety and sleepless nights worrying.

DSmith05335

Reaction score
What all did you send them? The rescind letter and the bonus things they gave you? Like the airline ticket coupons? Did you send the entire owner guide
All I sent was my rescession letter. I’m pretty sure all coupons become invalid when they cancel your contract.