• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1 day left to rescind contract and need some advice!

lmrondeau

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marriott surfwatch
We got 126k points with 175 bonus points for 19k. They were "resale" points, but purchased officially. I understand that I can get the same amount of points for like $800 resale online, and am likely going to rescind the contract. However.....I like that our current points include Wyndham and Worldmark resorts, and from what I'm reading the resale points don't include worldmark. Might be work the extra money for us to have access to all of the additional resorts. Also, do I maintain a 13-month registration window if I have resale points? Lastly, have VIP status for 2 years (I don't really care about that), but will the 13-month scheduling window continue after our VIP status is up? Does anyone know specifics on which resorts are included in the Wyndham-purchased points system vs resale, and what is the registration window? I certainly don't want to call wyndham for details as it will turn into a sales pitch. So hoping for something unbiased!
Any advice is much appreciated!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You get no great benefits, VIP status for two years is not worthy of much at all, let alone that cost. You need to rescind right away. Do as the directions tell you to do, but I would send it USPS, return receipt requested, so you have proof of your rescission sent back to your home.

You can buy a fair amount of points on ebay for $1. That is all your points will be worth after 7 days. I am 100% correct on that.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The 13-month reservation window would exist for whatever resort you own if it is a specific one, otherwise it would apply to the group of resorts if it’s CWA. There are some variations (Margaritaville and Outrigger Club, for example).

You might consider both Wyndham and WorldMark resales as an option. The $19k would pay for a number of years of MFs on them.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
We got 126k points with 175 bonus points for 19k. They were "resale" points, but purchased officially. I understand that I can get the same amount of points for like $800 resale online, and am likely going to rescind the contract.

No, they weren't resale points, this was a sales ploy to make you sign on the dotted line. That's a typical price for 126k points with 174k bonus points FYI.

However.....I like that our current points include Wyndham and Worldmark resorts, and from what I'm reading the resale points don't include worldmark. Might be work the extra money for us to have access to all of the additional resorts.

You don't have direct access to Worldmark resorts to be clear - because you are not a Worldmark owner. You are purchasing CWA points. You have to use Club Pass and call Wyndham to book into Worldmark, and you can only book nine months out at most - whereas actual Worldmark owners can book way ahead of anyone that owns Club Wyndham - so you pretty much only "get the leftovers" when booking into Worldmark using Club Wyndham points.

Also, do I maintain a 13-month registration window if I have resale points?

Yes

Lastly, have VIP status for 2 years (I don't really care about that), but will the 13-month scheduling window continue after our VIP status is up?

Yes, the booking window has nothing to do with the VIP status - the ARP window 13-10 months has to do with the type of points you purchased, either CWA or CWS.

Does anyone know specifics on which resorts are included in the Wyndham-purchased points system vs resale, and what is the registration window? I certainly don't want to call wyndham for details as it will turn into a sales pitch. So hoping for something unbiased!

The only resorts you cannot book using resale points are Worldmark resorts - because resale points don't allow for use of Club Pass. If you want both Club Wyndham and Worldmark access - purchase resale contracts for both Club Wyndham and Worldmark - still much cheaper than purchasing retail and you then get the best of both worlds so to speak.

RESCIND TODAY!!! You have one day left to rescind, you have the rest of your natural life to decide to buy back in retail - and at a better price than what you paid at any resort if/when that time comes.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We got 126k points with 175 bonus points for 19k. They were "resale" points, but purchased officially. I understand that I can get the same amount of points for like $800 resale online, and am likely going to rescind the contract. However.....I like that our current points include Wyndham and Worldmark resorts, and from what I'm reading the resale points don't include worldmark. Might be work the extra money for us to have access to all of the additional resorts. Also, do I maintain a 13-month registration window if I have resale points? Lastly, have VIP status for 2 years (I don't really care about that), but will the 13-month scheduling window continue after our VIP status is up? Does anyone know specifics on which resorts are included in the Wyndham-purchased points system vs resale, and what is the registration window? I certainly don't want to call wyndham for details as it will turn into a sales pitch. So hoping for something unbiased!
These are the ONLY questions you should be asking right now/today. Those are:

Did I follow the rescission instructions correctly?
did everyone who signed the contract sign the rescission letter?
what time does the post office close?
whats the quickest route to take to the post office?
how am I going to invest all the money I saved?

that is it! Send certified mail with return receipt requested. No other questions to ask. Get that done today or trust me you’ll be upset.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

lmrondeau

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marriott surfwatch
Thank you so much! Certified letter signed by all and sent. I'm so glad someone clued me in to this website, you guys have been so informative!!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thank you so much! Certified letter signed by all and sent. I'm so glad someone clued me in to this website, you guys have been so informative!!
Hi, welcome to Tug, glad you found us in time.

Please consider becoming an official member of tug for $15. It is a way to give back to this wonderful community that gave you the info that saved you 19k.

I hope you stick around. There is so much additional knowledge you should learn prior to making a decision on acquiring a timeshare. You will find it all here on tug. You might find you like a different timeshare system better.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Certified letter signed by all and sent.

Awesome. Now a couple of things to keep in mind. They have up to 45 days to issue you your full refund but it usually does not take that long so if you don't see your refund (likely a reversal charge on your credit card) immediately, don't panic or call the resort.

Speaking of calling (or not calling) the resort, watch out for phone calls that might come your way from the resort sales. They might try to convince you to change your mind about rescinding. In such cases, they either try to sweeten the deal by offering you a bit more or might make threats (albeit idle threats) saying you will face serious legal and/or financial consequences if you rescind.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on saving $19K.