• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinding on an HICV Orange Lake Country Club Timeshare???

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It says sent it by prepaid United states mail, certified letter should be fine right?
Certified w/return receipt is what we recommend (not required). That way you know it's been delivered.

Llorenzo0516

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn vacation club floridag
All,

I can't tell you how blessed I am to have found this site. My wife and I just left Holiday Inn's Smoky Mountain Resort where we got a 4 day 3 night stay in there resort after paying $249. Friday 3/9/18, we went to the "2 hour" presentation that turned into 7 HOURS!!! We both went in with the intentions to not buy anything, get our $200 refund and $100 rebate certificate,and leave...BUT after they presented and sold the luxury, vacations once a year and savings, ability to pass down to your kids, etc....we fell into the trap and bought the timeshare. As soon as we left the office, we both felt like we made a TERRIBLE mistake but didn't know how we could get out. We were about to just suck it up and deal with it, but something inside of us told us to keep researching.

Quickly that night, we read through all of our legal documents searching for a way out (which they gave us as a CD-ROM) and found the section where you would not be penalized or obligated to the purchase agreement if you rescind within the rescission period (our was 10 days). We immediately typed up the rescission letter that night, signed it, and sent it in the mail along with a copy of the purchase agreement, and all of the materials (member book, handouts, and legal documents).

We sent everything back in a flat book to hold all the material (the Rescission letter on top, followed by a copy of the purchase agreement to verify the contract number, followed by all the material we received) through certified mail. It's expected to arrive on Monday 3/12. In the letter, we requested a full refund and that our intent is to to cancel the contract.

Is this all we needed to do?
PleSe
Thanks Jim. I will send the letter with paperwork documents (purchase agreement, loan docs etc..) they provided to us.
I will let you know status of my cancellation. I hope all goes well. Thanks again.

Llorenzo0516

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn vacation club floridag
Hello what address did you send it to. I cannot find the address to send the letter to. I got a timeshare 4 days ago at holiday inn orange lake resort in Kissimmee Florida. Thanks

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Hello what address did you send it to. I cannot find the address to send the letter to. I got a timeshare 4 days ago at holiday inn orange lake resort in Kissimmee Florida. Thanks

The address must (legally) be in the package of paperwork they gave you -usually near the page that you & the sales person signed (near the back/bottom of the pile?). Look very carefully page by page. Please follow the rescind instructions exactly and do not go back to the sales office or talk to them on the phone.

Welcome & congratulations on finding TUG in time to save yourself a lot of money!

~Diane

malcolmkms

Reaction score
My wife and I went through a presentation at Orange Lake Resort in Kissimmee FL on 6 March and bought a package of 70K points for $13,400. A part of us was already questioning if we we're doing the right thing at the signing so much so that my wife actually asked if there was a certain amount of time that we could change our mind, we were told yes 10 days. Although we we're enjoying our vacation by the 8th of March we had made up our mind that we definitely wanted to rescind, so I started with scouring the contract and found a little blurb in there about the 10 day cancellation period however it didn't say how to cancel and I'm assuming this was intentional so that you would have to contact them to find out how thus giving them an opportunity to resale you. I went to trusty google and stumbled upon this site followed the instructions on how to rescind and before we boarded our flight on 11 March to come back home we sent our certified letter before even leaving Kissimmee. They received our certified letter along with all their books and CD rom on 13 March, we also received a call from them that day which we did not answer and on yesterday we received a letter in the mail from them that basically said they we're happy to have had us at their resort and attend their presentation and they regretted that we'd chosen not to keep our package, they hoped that we would choose to visit them in the future. The second page of the letter was a receipt for our deposit which they had refunded to our credit card on 14 March for our deposit. We are so happy we found this site, we will continue to get smart and figure out which vacation club works best for us. Thank you TUG.

Malcolm

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We are so happy we found this site, we will continue to get smart and figure out which vacation club works best for us. Thank you TUG.

Malcolm
Congratulations on finding TUG in time, and thanks for letting us know! Now stick around and learn all you can about how to get the most from timeshares, and a lot of other cool stuff!:)

Rdsgl

Reaction score
Made an account just to say thank you. I bought in this past Saturday for 60k at $16k at Orange Lake Resorts and will be sending in my rescind letter today thanks to the guidance on this forum. You are life(savings) savers.

Twiggytoo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Almost HIVC
Hi. Thanks so much for helping me to rescind my purchase agreement signed 6/14 at Oak N Spuce in the Berkshires, MA. I spent 7 hours at the ‘2 hour’ seminar… I sent my cancelation letter 6/17 after finding this site via Google search and reading this thread. MA law gives 3 business days to rescind. Happy to be free from 50,000 HICV points for $12,500 + $550/a MF . I’m going to check out the resale and rental threads as well. I like the idea of a lovely vacation but I don’t want to be forced to commit to a timeshare when I’m not fully educated.

Libwhite

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacation points- Home club Galveston, but purchased at Orange Lake
Congrats on finding us in time!

we are up over 9.2 million dollars in savings for owners who rescinded!
Tug Admin,
Have you helped anyone who has HICV buyers remorse? I am well past the rescinding window. I have $125,00 points purchased at Orange Lake in May of '19. Recently I was told my home club is in Galveston.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there have been plenty of HICV rescissions, unfortunately if you bought in may, that is well outside the legal window to legally cancel your purchase :(

Reaction score
If you're outside of the rescission window, learn to make the most of it. Like visiting any HICV resorts in low-demand times, renting out to recover some costs, etc. If you're going where there are HICV resorts, you can send your points to IHG so you can stay at a Holiday Inn hotel. And the biggest thing to do? Ask and get advice from here!

As a side note, you may be called by a timeshare exit company, wanting to buy or list your resort, or help you get out of it. Hang up on those scams!

TS

DeeEug

Reaction score
We just went through this too. I NEVER thought I could be talked into signing on the line for a timeshare! The salesman was SO good. He played to the fact that we use hotels a lot for our kid's hockey tournaments and made it seem like we'd be able to make those weekends a lot cheaper (if not "free" with our points) AS WELL AS be able to take a week vacation yearly for less than we do now. Upon further research, that all seemed very unlikely.

Thankfully we found multiple sites, including this one, to help us rescind. I found where it said we could in the contract although it was never mentioned, even when we signed the sheet with the rescind information on it. The form we signed was described to us as a list of documents we would get, and our brains were so over filled with other information that we couldn't really process everything any more.

We finally figured it all out between visits to Universal and Disney World with the kids and wrote a rescission letter on my phone. We printed it at one of the Disney hotel's business centers (we had left Orange Lake by now), signed it, made a copy, and were able to find a post office to send it certified mail by the 5th day after signing. I've checked that we did everything we needed to, included everything we needed to, have the contract number correct, have their address correct, our address correct etc. etc. about 15,000 times because I too am nervous that we will get tripped up by some little detail. We still have a few days left before our rescind time period runs out and I can't help but feel like I should talk to an attorney to be sure we'll get out of this!!!

What return address did you use for the rescind letter?

DeeEug

Reaction score
My wife and I went through a presentation at Orange Lake Resort in Kissimmee FL on 6 March and bought a package of 70K points for $13,400. A part of us was already questioning if we we're doing the right thing at the signing so much so that my wife actually asked if there was a certain amount of time that we could change our mind, we were told yes 10 days. Although we we're enjoying our vacation by the 8th of March we had made up our mind that we definitely wanted to rescind, so I started with scouring the contract and found a little blurb in there about the 10 day cancellation period however it didn't say how to cancel and I'm assuming this was intentional so that you would have to contact them to find out how thus giving them an opportunity to resale you. I went to trusty google and stumbled upon this site followed the instructions on how to rescind and before we boarded our flight on 11 March to come back home we sent our certified letter before even leaving Kissimmee. They received our certified letter along with all their books and CD rom on 13 March, we also received a call from them that day which we did not answer and on yesterday we received a letter in the mail from them that basically said they we're happy to have had us at their resort and attend their presentation and they regretted that we'd chosen not to keep our package, they hoped that we would choose to visit them in the future. The second page of the letter was a receipt for our deposit which they had refunded to our credit card on 14 March for our deposit. We are so happy we found this site, we will continue to get smart and figure out which vacation club works best for us. Thank you TUG.

Malcolm

What return address did you use? Is it the 9271 S. John Young Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32819?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
What return address did you use? Is it the 9271 S. John Young Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32819?
If your contract shows this as the business office address, it will do. The contract is required to show the address, but they don't have to make it obvious.

Good luck, better to send it to a resort address and have it re-routed than delay beyond the allowable rescission period.

Jim

P.S. the person you quoted and queried hasn't been non TUG since March. Unlikely they'll answer.

DeeEug

Reaction score
If your contract shows this as the business office address, it will do. The contract is required to show the address, but they don't have to make it obvious.

Good luck, better to send it to a resort address and have it re-routed than delay beyond the allowable rescission period.

Jim

P.S. the person you quoted and queried hasn't been non TUG since March. Unlikely they'll answer.
Thank you for the advice, Jim. I will send it to both addresses to be safe.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Google maps shows this as Holiday Inn Vacation Club Headquarters at the John Young Parkway address:
cbk

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Be sure to send it within the allowed timeframe in order to protect you right to rescind. ALSO, be sure that both you and your spouse sign the rescission if you both signed the initial purchase contract.

Send it via USPS Certified Mail, and retain the copy of the Postmarked Certified Receipt which proves the date that you mailed it.

Be patient; it may take up to 45 days for refund or cancellation.

Smart move on your part and welcome to TUG. Do consider becoming a member.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
We are guessing that you bought in Florida? If so, I believe Florida allows 10 days to rescind. Mind sharing how much rescission would save you?

DeeEug

Reaction score
Be sure to send it within the allowed timeframe in order to protect you right to rescind. ALSO, be sure that both you and your spouse sign the rescission if you both signed the initial purchase contract.

Send it via USPS Certified Mail, and retain the copy of the Postmarked Certified Receipt which proves the date that you mailed it.

Be patient; it may take up to 45 days for refund or cancellation.

Smart move on your part and welcome to TUG. Do consider becoming a member.

This is the best forum ever! Thank you TimeTraveler and every member here. I just sent all my required documents and made sure we both signed and dated our rescind letter. It’s just the matter of waiting for the final say on their part.