• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Help trying to Buy HGVC - ROFR and RCI

ProfitGlen

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Hi, I need some advice and answers for my situation. I'm trying to buy 4800 Vegas Blvd with Hilton through SaleMyTimeshareNow. I got a great offer accepted for $2000 BUT Samuel with Selling Timeshares says there is no way that it will pass ROFR. Is he right? Is there not any chance it will?

Also, Samuel tells me for sure that RCI comes with HGVC as a club member. SMTN tells me it does not. Both seem to be fully, but both can't be right. I need answers. I want to make sure that I can book Last Calls.

I hope some of you will be kind enough to help me with this. I don't know what to do. I don't want to waste my time and money if my timeshare contract will be snatched from me. Also, if they do that, will I get back 100% of ALL fees?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
You will need to tell us what size unit & season & annual/EOY you are trying to buy. You can also look for posted information at www.rofr.net.

RCI comes with HGVC as a club member.

ProfitGlen

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You will need to tell us what size unit & season & annual/EOY you are trying to buy. You can also look for posted information at www.rofr.net.

RCI comes with HGVC as a club member.

I am buying 1 BR Platinum with $736 MF (or at least that is what they said).

ProfitGlen

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It won't let me edit my reply, but it is an annual unit.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a 5000 point 2 BR gold unit in Vegas in October for $2500 through ROFR. Your deal seems better than mine, congrats if it goes through!

ProfitGlen

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just got a 5000 point 2 BR gold unit in Vegas in October for $2500 through ROFR. Your deal seems better than mine, congrats if it goes through!
Thanks, I hope so. I'm a bit nervous that it won't. Makes me wonder if I should offer more.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I hope so. I'm a bit nervous that it won't. Makes me wonder if I should offer more.

So if it doesn't, you find another one. My first one didn't pass. Got the second one a month or two later and it passed. No rush. They are a dime a dozen.

ProfitGlen

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So if it doesn't, you find another one. My first one didn't pass. Got the second one a month or two later and it passed. No rush. They are a dime a dozen.
Yeah, well, the platinum ones with low maintenance are harder to find. I just want to make sure that I can go on vacation this summer.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
To answer one of your other questions, yes, if it does not pass ROFR you will get all your money back. Nothing lost but your time and maybe some hair! LOL!

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

Yeah, well, the platinum ones with low maintenance are harder to find. I just want to make sure that I can go on vacation this summer.

If it's a platinum 1BR worth 4800 points, the 5000 point 2BR gold units are not necessarily a good comparison. My understanding is the 5000 point gold units usually pass ROFR at a much lower price per point than a Platinum 4800 point unit (but then the annual maintenance fee cost on a 2BR Gold will be more than the maintenance fee on a 1BR platinum). Usually, the rule of thumb is around $1/point purchase cost for platinum, or maybe a little less. I'm no expert, but based on my research prior to our recent purchase, I would guess that $2000 for a platinum 4800 point unit would likely fail to pass ROFR.

And as far as using it this summer, by the time you close and Hilton transfers the unit to you, it will likely be sometime in late March or more likely April. Depending on where you want to go this summer, that might be a little late for finding summer availability, since Club Season opens 9 months out.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
All HGVC's include access to RCI.
You do not get a separate RCI account, rather access is thru HGVC's business account.
You can book weeks or points using a portal in the members' website or by phone.
No advance deposits are required. The requisite points are deducted upon confirmation.

ProfitGlen

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Understood.

Worst comes to worst it doesn't pass and you rent somebody is here on tug
It may be a good idea just to rent this year. Do you know any user on here who rents them out? I'd be very interested if there is something pretty reasonably priced.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
It may be a good idea just to rent this year. Do you know any user on here who rents them out? I'd be very interested if there is something pretty reasonably priced.

If you look at the top of this webpage and click on the "Marketplace" tab you can see lists of units for sale or for rent. You can sort by both location and week.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am buying 1 BR Platinum with $736 MF (or at least that is what they said).

I own a 1br at the hgvc Blvd and the annual MF is only $610 make sure you are getting 1br at hgvc at the blvd and not one of the other properties.

If both sellers claim $736 in annual MF then they are both dead wrong.

You can check the sticky here with the 2018 annual MF.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a 1br at the hgvc Blvd and the annual MF is only $610 make sure you are getting 1br at hgvc at the blvd and not one of the other properties.

Some people count the taxes as part of the MF and some don't. That can be the discrepancy.

Profitglen - it is possible that it won't make it through ROFR. Platinum units are the ones at risk. Gold weeks, not nearly as much. Your offer was accepted. I'd go with that. If it doesn't pass ROFR, try, try again. You are too close to summer at this point to plan on making a reservation with points, anyway. If you are set on taking a Hilton vacation this summer, you most likely need to book directly through Hilton or rent from another owner at this point. Reservations for popular travel times need to be made at the 9 month window.

jnsrusty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
I think it depends on where you want to go this summer. If you want to go to Vegas, for example, your chances of finding availability are very high. If you want to travel to Hawaii, on the other hand, it's probably not going to happen until fall/winter.

You should also know that once you close on your HGVC timeshare, it usually takes about a week or so more until you are put into the RCI system and actually have access to making reservations through RCI. I remember being in your shoes and wanting everything to go through asap so that I could make my first reservation. It will happen, but patience is definitely a virtue! Good luck on passing ROFR!

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
Yes. Good luck on ROFR. Let us know how it goes.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
check ROFR.net

ProfitGlen

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

He told me that number includes Club Dues, but even then, it doesn't add up. I'm guessing it isn't the most up to date.

ProfitGlen

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone know if the fact it's a 1 BR made it more likely to pass ROFR? I'm also thinking of offering $2700. But I am still worried.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the fact it's a 1 BR made it more likely to pass ROFR? I'm also thinking of offering $2700. But I am still worried.

What's to worry about? If it doesn't pass you will find another one. Trust me. My first didn't pass. And I am sure many of the others on here will echo the same. Why spend more money if you don't have to?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I also agree to go with what is on the table now. If it doesn’t pass, it wasn’t meant to be and another deal will come around.