• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Resale Points + RCI Membership - Not included?

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
I am currently in the process of purchasing resale points for Wyndham club... discussing with the broker and other sales agent attempts, I was told that I would automatically get a RCI membership for becoming a Wyndham member and will have access to last call, etc...

However, today I called Wyndham member number and the lady I spoked to looked up RCI membership for resale points members and told me Wyndham member (from resale) do not qualify for RCI membership. So basically that benefit to having a RCI membership is not provided if you bought resale.

Can someone validate this for me please? Is this something they are doing new or has this been the case? your feedback is appreciated. Many thanks

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
That's a lie. I only own resale points and I got an RCI account with my resale purchase. I did have to email and ask for them to have it set up as it wasn't automatically added to my account. Took maybe 5 days after I emailed them.

if you already have your Wyndham login go to contact us and you will find your options there.
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/contact-us.page?

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
I don’t have the points yet, but I will keep it in my pocket. Thanks you!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
RCI membership is included in the Club Wyndham program fee that you pay as part of your maintenance dues.

As I understand it - resale purchases get access to RCI weeks, and developer purchases have access to RCI Points - which is a superset of the RCI inventory (i.e. includes both weeks and nightly stays of less than 7 days).

https://www.rci.com/pre-rci-en_US/e...track2=About&track3=Text:Our_Exchange_Program

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
Great input. Thank you for the response!

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have RCI membership and have bought all resale. I believe also It is part of the program fee.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think an RCI membership is included- and with that access to Last Calls and Extra Vacations. RCI Points may or may not be included. I'm not a Wyndham owner, so have no knowledge either way.

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
I think an RCI membership is included- and with that access to Last Calls and Extra Vacations. RCI Points may or may not be included. I'm not a Wyndham owner, so have no knowledge either way.

Thanks for the response. How much value or usage do you find in “The Last Call” feature? Are there a lot of great deals in the US specially east coast? Just curious. Many thanks.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. How much value or usage do you find in “The Last Call” feature? Are there a lot of great deals in the US specially east coast? Just curious. Many thanks.
Don't expect summer beach front resorts. More like ski resorts in mud season or rooms with parking lot views. Some large resorts that are in developer sales will release units to generate bodies of RCI owners for the sales staff to work on. Keep your expectations in check and they are worth the sub $300/ week price.

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
Don't expect summer beach front resorts. More like ski resorts in mud season or rooms with parking lot views. Some large resorts that are in developer sales will release units to generate bodies of RCI owners for the sales staff to work on. Keep your expectations in check and they are worth the sub $300/ week price.

Many thanks!

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought I would use the Last Calls a lot, as we are pretty flexible and just like to travel in general, and am ok with most accommodations. But in 3 years of having RCI access I am yet to book a single one. I look a lot, but have just never found one that was appealing and at a time we really wanted to go.

O and I have only Wyndham re-sale and get an RCI account included. It is true that you do not get RCI points access for nightly stays- only weeks access. But there are some resorts that offer 3, 4, or 5 night stays as part of that weeks access. (Though must seem over prices given the shorter number of days.)

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
I thought I would use the Last Calls a lot, as we are pretty flexible and just like to travel in general, and am ok with most accommodations. But in 3 years of having RCI access I am yet to book a single one. I look a lot, but have just never found one that was appealing and at a time we really wanted to go.

O and I have only Wyndham re-sale and get an RCI account included. It is true that you do not get RCI points access for nightly stays- only weeks access. But there are some resorts that offer 3, 4, or 5 night stays as part of that weeks access. (Though must seem over prices given the shorter number of days.)

Wow that’s crazy... thanks for the input. Sales people hyped up this feature and tried to sell me a minimal amount of points so that I can have access to the last call feature. Thanks to this post I have lowered the RIC-LC expectations. Many thanks!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow that’s crazy... thanks for the input. Sales people hyped up this feature and tried to sell me a minimal amount of points so that I can have access to the last call feature. Thanks to this post I have lowered the RIC-LC expectations. Many thanks!
I don't totally badmouth Last Calls. They are used by RCI (and the various resorts) to 'invite' visitors. Perhaps it's just in 'slow' season, or while construction is going on on the premises or nearby. Sometimes they are older resorts, well located but beyond their prime. They are unquestionably bargains, and in most locations, you don't go there to hang around the resort. You use them as a place to shower and sleep while you explore the area, and as a base, they beat the socks off a Motel 6 for a similar price. We've stayed at Williamsburg, VA, Las Vegas, Orlando and other places on Last Calls and had some memorable vacations on the cheap. That said, Last Calls are available 2 ways- cash, and RCI Points. The cash option is far better than the (iirc) 7,000 point option because using points, you still have the RCI exchange fee that pretty much doubles the cost of a Last Call.

Jim

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
I don't totally badmouth Last Calls. They are used by RCI (and the various resorts) to 'invite' visitors. Perhaps it's just in 'slow' season, or while construction is going on on the premises or nearby. Sometimes they are older resorts, well located but beyond their prime. They are unquestionably bargains, and in most locations, you don't go there to hang around the resort. You use them as a place to shower and sleep while you explore the area, and as a base, they beat the socks off a Motel 6 for a similar price. We've stayed at Williamsburg, VA, Las Vegas, Orlando and other places on Last Calls and had some memorable vacations on the cheap. That said, Last Calls are available 2 ways- cash, and RCI Points. The cash option is far better than the (iirc) 7,000 point option because using points, you still have the RCI exchange fee that pretty much doubles the cost of a Last Call.

Jim

No worries.. is more informative than badmouthing. I am still going to check and see if it works for me and my family. Good tip on points vs cash too... makes sense. Thanks Jim! I appreciate the input.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)

Jim
Yes, we stayed in one Last Call at Massanuttan (sp?) (Virginia near Manassas (sp?)). $199 for a week but we only stayed a long weekend. Had a nice (albeit a bit tired) unit; can't remember if it was 1BR or 2 but certainly was less expensive at 199 than a hotel would have been and more comfortable. We spent virtually no time in the room but explored the area a lot and would like to return.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
If you want to get an idea of what's offered in Last Calls, go to another of RCI's rental outlets and look for the lowest cost rental weeks. Right now, Last Calls run into September, a slow month for travel and a good month for getting inexpensive rentals for those who can travel then (i.e., no problem with school schedules). So even the rental outlets have more inventory than usual.

Try SkyAuction.com. Note in the fine print for each listing that there are added fees on top of the listed rental or bid price, typically more than $319 extra per weekly rental, and sometimes much more. To see which ones are likely to be offered directly through RCI as a "Last Call", look at the timeshare resort weeks offered for a starting bid of $1. Weeks offered for a higher starting price are the kinds that you may find on RCI as an Extra Vacations rental.

Out-of-pocket costs to rent from these two sources (RCI Last Call/Extra Vacations vs. SkyAuction) seem to be fairly similar, though slightly cheaper through RCI directly as a member, especially during one of RCI's many special sales. Our son has access to the Armed Forces Vacation Club as an employee of the DoD. Prices there seem comparable to SkyAuction but they seem to have far more options for reasonably priced upgrades that simply don't show up on SkyAuction, rather like RCI Extra Vacations. If you are active or retired military or current DoD, take a look there too.

Last edited:

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
If you want to get an idea of what's offered in Last Calls, go to another of RCI's rental outlets and look for the lowest cost rental weeks. Right now, Last Calls run into September, a slow month for travel and a good month for getting inexpensive rentals for those who can travel then (i.e., no problem with school schedules). So even the rental outlets have more inventory than usual.

Try SkyAuction.com. Note in the fine print for each listing that there are added fees on top of the listed rental or bid price, typically more than $319 extra per weekly rental, and sometimes much more. To see which ones are likely to be offered directly through RCI as a "Last Call", look at the timeshare resort weeks offered for a starting bid of $1. Weeks offered for a higher starting price are the kinds that you may find on RCI as an Extra Vacations rental.

Out-of-pocket costs to rent from these two sources (RCI Last Call/Extra Vacations vs. SkyAuction) seem to be fairly similar, though slightly cheaper through RCI directly as a member, especially during one of RCI's many special sales. Our son has access to the Armed Forces Vacation Club as an employee of the DoD. Prices there seem comparable to SkyAuction but they seem to have far more options for reasonably priced upgrades that simply don't show up on SkyAuction, rather like RCI Extra Vacations. If you are active or retired military or current DoD, take a look there too.

Great input. Thank you so much for sharing!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We bought our own RCI membership years ago when we had just one timeshare.
Was glad we did that because we have kept our account and added and subtracted weeks as we went along.
We only have one week in RCI weeks. And one in points ( that we never use) HIVC thru IHG exchanges work better for us so we don’t use the points RCI account.
Last year we opted for Platinum in RCI it’s a good perk and may continue if we renew membership next year.
Silentg

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
We bought our own RCI membership years ago when we had just one timeshare.
Was glad we did that because we have kept our account and added and subtracted weeks as we went along.
We only have one week in RCI weeks. And one in points ( that we never use) HIVC thru IHG exchanges work better for us so we don’t use the points RCI account.
Last year we opted for Platinum in RCI it’s a good perk and may continue if we renew membership next year.
Silentg

I am confused about RCI points. Is RCI a timeshare system that you can buy points and use like wyndham? I found some post that says no.. but there some people say they bought into RCI... I went to RCI and to join it, it states: "You must own at an RCI-affiliated resort to enroll in the RCI system." Can this be clarified? Many thanks!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Yes when you sign up for RCI your resort has to be affiliated with RCI. We did that when we found our resort was going to be affiliated with RCI. Originally it was with Interval International. But after a few years and new management the resort was with RCI. Every resort we have owned was affiliated with RCI. And we applied for our membership with only one week.
Silentg

SZTTDWSN

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Springs Avenue Plaza
I am currently in the process of purchasing resale points for Wyndham club... discussing with the broker and other sales agent attempts, I was told that I would automatically get a RCI membership for becoming a Wyndham member and will have access to last call, etc...

However, today I called Wyndham member number and the lady I spoked to looked up RCI membership for resale points members and told me Wyndham member (from resale) do not qualify for RCI membership. So basically that benefit to having a RCI membership is not provided if you bought resale.

Can someone validate this for me please? Is this something they are doing new or has this been the case? your feedback is appreciated. Many thanks
It is now 2024 and I also have a Wyndham weeks resale. I have always gone to my home resort but now find I would like to utilize my RCI membership that, in theory, is an included benefit of Wyndham ownership. I have also been told by Wyndham that I RCI membership is not included for "my kind of ownership". True or not true? Does anyone have any suggestions.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Resell does not include RCI.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Resell does not include RCI.
Resale points contracts do include RCI, however…
It is now 2024 and I also have a Wyndham weeks resale. I have always gone to my home resort but now find I would like to utilize my RCI membership that, in theory, is an included benefit of Wyndham ownership. I have also been told by Wyndham that I RCI membership is not included for "my kind of ownership". True or not true? Does anyone have any suggestions.
Fixed week contracts not converted to points (edit: whether resale or retail) do not include an RCI membership. That’s paid for by the program fee that points owners pay, but fixed week owners do not. You’re free to pay for your own RCI membership (which if it makes you feel any better, costs less than the annual minimum program fee).

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Your kind of ownership is fixed week. Even if someone bought a fixed week directly from fairfield back in the 80's or 90's and never converted to points, they would have to pay for their own rci membership if they wanted it today.

Resale worldmark does not include rci account but resale wyndham points do. It isn't free though it is paid as a part of the program fees in the mf's.