• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham limiting access by non-owners during most sought-after dates/locations

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
Even if it were "from your annual allotment," given the way Wyndham shifted away from points buckets (where it mattered which points were used "first") to a more straightforward accounting of how many points are allocated to each benefit and how many points have been used for each benefit regardless of order of booking, it wouldn't make much sense for it to matter whether you used your restriction-free guest reservations as one of your first two uses per year (if for example you're a non-VIP who received two for free), or later in the year. My guess is that it made sense to them that the smallest potential allotment of guest confirmations (2) was a reasonable number to allow for unaccompanied guests during restriction periods, and that what they probably meant was "as part of your annual allotment" and not "must be the first two used in a year."

As usual, they did a poor job of wording the "policy" because it isn't clear whether it's a calendar year or a use year limitation.
I agree that they simply should spell it out, but it also seems like the default assumption would be calendar year, because guest certificates are already allocated per calendar year, not use year.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
I saw on the 2023 list Clearwater is listed for the entire year!
Now that makes sense! It's pretty challenging to book year-round, especially weekends and full weeks.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Now that makes sense! It's pretty challenging to book year-round, especially weekends and full weeks.
I have to ask though, does it really?

There are very few rooms and it's really expensive, even with our 60% discount if we can catch a cancellation. I don't think it's a megarenters dream. Would be interesting to see statistics on how many guest confirmations versus owner checkins there are.

But makes owners happy to see the coveted Clearwater on the list.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve been an owner for 12+ years. I am happy with this change and hope it remains for the foreseeable future. My guests (family and friends) usually travel with me, and if I gift weeks when I’m not going on the trip it’s not more than twice a year. I’ve never rented out a week. Now I don’t have to compete with megarenters for in demand times/locations.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve been an owner for 12+ years. I am happy with this change and hope it remains for the foreseeable future. My guests (family and friends) usually travel with me, and if I gift weeks when I’m not going on the trip it’s not more than twice a year. I’ve never rented out a week. Now I don’t have to compete with megarenters for in demand times/locations.
The "it's not us; Wyndham is the problem" renters in this Wyndham Vacation Forum are not going to like reading that.

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
I booked two reservations for the same dates at Bonnet Creek. One for our family and the other for brothers family. I'm confused by the statements on the website. Which is it? Am I safe since I'm traveling with my guests? Or am I at risk since I booked after October 20?

You can travel with your guests to these resorts during the dates listed below and may use two guest confirmations per year during the restricted dates when not travelling with your guests. Any guest reservations made after the dates listed below at the following resorts during the select peak travel periods will be subject to cancellation (including guests added to an existing reservation after those dates).

If you book a guest reservation after the dates listed below, you will be notified of the reservation cancellation via email.

The following resorts and peak travel time periods will have limited access by guests for reservations made after October 20, 2021:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Put your wife's name on one, your name on the other, and there will be no issue with guests.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
You can travel with your guests to these resorts during the dates listed below and may use two guest confirmations per year during the restricted dates when not travelling with your guests. Any guest reservations made after the dates listed below at the following resorts during the select peak travel periods will be subject to cancellation (including guests added to an existing reservation after those dates).
Very poorly worded. I take it being you you can use the GC if you are present. But not if you are not present. To be safe, you should call.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Very poorly worded. I take it being you you can use the GC if you are present. But not if you are not present. To be safe, you should call.

To be safe, you should call. (And hope whomever you speak to has a clue.)

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
To be safe, you should call. (And hope whomever you speak to has a clue.)
Not to mention wait on hold for a couple of hours.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Not to mention wait on hold for a couple of hours.

That, too! Although truthfully, my hold times have been way less than that. I don't know if calling in on the PresRes line makes a difference. It might.

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
Put your wife's name on one, your name on the other, and there will be no issue with guests.

Sound advise. Thank you. I trust fellow TUGers over Wyndham Reps. I didn't want to wait on hold in hopes of receiving the "correct" answer.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Just a quick update that is worth sharing, note the change to the paragraph on the owner priority page as of today, Wyndham is now officially calling the two GCs that you're entitled to use without having an an overlapping owner based reservation "Guest Allowances."

1665762442899.png

Also, please note the list of resorts that are completely blocked out for all of 2023 has expanded:

1665762517225.png

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Just a quick update that is worth sharing, note the change to the paragraph on the owner priority page as of today, Wyndham is now officially calling the two GCs that you're entitled to use without having an an overlapping owner based reservation "Guest Allowances."

View attachment 66521

Also, please note the list of resorts that are completely blocked out for all of 2023 has expanded:

View attachment 66522
Thanks for pointing that out. I am a fan of consistent (and meaningful) terminology. Hopefully this will lessen some confusion around this. And superhopefully - maybe someday we'll be able to see the number of guest allowances we have used or have left.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Thanks for pointing that out. I am a fan of consistent (and meaningful) terminology. Hopefully this will lessen some confusion around this. And superhopefully - maybe someday we'll be able to see the number of guest allowances we have used or have left.

I’m working with Wyndham to get the Guest Allowances published to the Owner Dashboard. Don’t have any ETA yet but it’s on the drawing board so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We own two deeded weeks at Kona Coast (purchased by my parents when it was Shell) that have never been converted to Wyndham, although Wyndham now manages the resort and the personnel that process my reservation requests have wyn.com email addresses. Since our weeks are deeded, Wyndham can't impose any restrictions on our guest usage on those weeks, can they?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We own two deeded weeks at Kona Coast (purchased by my parents when it was Shell) that have never been converted to Wyndham, although Wyndham now manages the resort and the personnel that process my reservation requests have wyn.com email addresses. Since our weeks are deeded, Wyndham can't impose any restrictions on our guest usage on those weeks, can they?

Fixed weeks are a different kettle of fish as the saying goes. It's my understanding that the owner calls the resort to say who will be checking in for their fixed weeks if it's someone other than themselves. They don't need or use a guest confirmation with those weeks.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Fixed weeks are a different kettle of fish as the saying goes. It's my understanding that the owner calls the resort to say who will be checking in for their fixed weeks if it's someone other than themselves. They don't need or use a guest confirmation with those weeks.
Yes, that’s exactly right - I book our weeks via email 24 months in advance, then if we’re not using them, I email to change the name of the person checking in. Thanks for the reassurance that I don’t need to worry about Wyndham’s restrictions — for the first time, we rented out one of our 2023 weeks!