• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WORLDMARK INFORMATION and ADVICE ARTICLES

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Worldmark the Club Information and overview! - TUG Advice Article

2024 Worldmark Dues/Fees

Worldmark Program Guide and Resort Directory 2024-2025

Worldmark Program Guide and Resort directory 2023 good stuff starts on page 356
Worldmark Program Guide and Resort Directory 2018 . - Booking guidelines/rules start on pg. 327.

WorldMark Resort Info and Point Charts. FYI -Point charts at the bottom of each resort page.

Worldmark Owner Education - Worldmark Site

Comparison chart of the major Timeshare point systems:

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshare-system-comparison-chart.html

Detailed chart comparison of Timeshare Systems:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/timeshare-reference-spreadsheet.256474/

List of all Worldmark Timeshare resales, rentals and Exchanges in the TUG marketplace:

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have updated the Worldmark article with the help of CO Skier and replace the URL above to the new link...check it out and be sure to thank David for his work on this!

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
This is absorbing reading. I wonder what game Wyndham is playing with their World Mark (WM), Club Wyndham Access (CWA) and Wyndham UDI members......I've done the following comparison calculations based on the posted value of WM "Credits" MFs (maintenance fees) at the 20,000+ level of $0.073 per credit, and CWA "Points" MF cost per 1,000 points. The WM / Wyndham Daytona Beach Oceanwalk is the sample resort.
For a Red Week stay, WM owners pay 11,000 credits for a week in a 2BR. CWA owners pay 203,000 points for the same thing.
Let's compare: 11,000 x $0.073 = $803.00 plus housekeeping (ONLY if no HK credits available) of, say, $100 or so. This totals out to Approx. $903. CWA owners pay 203 x $6.34 / 1,000 points = $1,287.02. For Daytona UDI owners, it's $1,297.17.
Does anyone else see a questionable practice going on here, or am I using incorrect assumptions? Please help stop the bellyache this has caused me!

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Worldmark and Wyndham are two completely separate timeshare systems. You might as well compare the cost of Marriott vs Bluegreen vs Hilton etc. Apples and oranges.

Sue

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
This is absorbing reading. I wonder what game Wyndham is playing with their World Mark (WM), Club Wyndham Access (CWA) and Wyndham UDI members......I've done the following comparison calculations based on the posted value of WM "Credits" MFs (maintenance fees) at the 20,000+ level of $0.073 per credit, and CWA "Points" MF cost per 1,000 points. The WM / Wyndham Daytona Beach Oceanwalk is the sample resort.
For a Red Week stay, WM owners pay 11,000 credits for a week in a 2BR. CWA owners pay 203,000 points for the same thing.
Let's compare: 11,000 x $0.073 = $803.00 plus housekeeping (ONLY if no HK credits available) of, say, $100 or so. This totals out to Approx. $903. CWA owners pay 203 x $6.34 / 1,000 points = $1,287.02. For Daytona UDI owners, it's $1,297.17.
Does anyone else see a questionable practice going on here, or am I using incorrect assumptions? Please help stop the bellyache this has caused me!

There is nothing questionable going on. I'm not entirely sure but I think from reading OP's posts in other threads that Worldmark credits sell for more and have a higher resale value than Wyndham points. If so they would have had a higher up front cost. Like Sue said it is like comparing apples and oranges. Unless you factor in the cost of what you paid for the WM credits vs the Wyndham points and that gets pretty complicated plus it wouldn't be consistent from person to person.

Most people when they buy have no idea that there can be a sizable disparity in maintenance fees depending on where and what you own. What you nicely demonstrated here is that the maintenance fees of where and what you own make a big difference in what a stay costs different owners. This is a very important thing to know for people wanting to become first time owners or those wanting to add to what they already own. Another good lesson is yes you can pick up a Wyndham deed that someone is giving away for only the closing costs or one that is going cheap on eBay but if it is at a resort with higher maintenance fees you might be better off in the long run to spend a few hundred dollars more to buy WM credits or a deed at a resort with lower maintenance fees. If you only own say 200k Wyndham points the difference in the maintenance fees doesn't amount to a lot but if you own a lot of points like many people do it adds up. Using your $6.34 figure for CWA, if the points we own were CWA we would be paying $2375.82 more in maintenance fees for just this year!

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Previously Ron P. pointed out that the equivaleny between WM and CWA was about 1WM Point to 13 WYN Points. He also demonstrated that even with the high number of WM Points need to stay at at WYN Resort through Wyndham Pass that the MF Cost for WM Member was less than the MF Cost for a WYN Member to stay at the same Resort. This was again demonstrated by dandjane1 above.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Interesting thread. Finally had to register for a new website today since I never could register for Voyager. Still not sure about WorldMark Club Pass site which I seem to be on with all UDI deeds. I joined under the hotel offering in 2012 at GSL and the company split seems to have come May 2017.

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else see a questionable practice going on here, or am I using incorrect assumptions? Please help stop the bellyache has caused me!
You are entirely correct in your comparison, and it has been noted before:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/introducing-wyndham-club-pass.199600/page-9#post-1600629

If you can stay at exactly the same resort for $300-$400 less per week using WorldMark, it is obviously an apples to apples comparison.

There is no game, it is just how the cost-per-credit/point versus the weekly credit/point cost-per-unit compares.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Let's all hope that Worldmark is able to 'keep hold of the reins' and that Wyndham doesn't slip in and steal the prize.

I love WM, but if the dark forces take over.......

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
WYN has taken control by controlling the WM BOD. The only folks that "advise" the WM BOD are WYN Employees. WM BOD is instituting Guest Certificates - $99 if Book Online and $129 if call in to VPC. Reduced number of Waitlist from 8 to 4. Limitations on Transferring Points and no Transferring of HKC.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
yea, assign your proxy carefully.....

cassvilleokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Hawaii fixed weeks and Points, Wyndham Points, Marriott, Mass, Holiday Inn (previous Silverleaf) Worldmark, Vista Mirage, Shell Hawaii collection, Star Island, Orange Lake, KBC, Fractional and Full.
The methodology is wrong, most and a majority of 2 bd inv in Wyndham is 154,000 points, not 203,000 and M.F. runs from 4.27 to 12.00 /k so a lot of variables

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The methodology is wrong, most and a majority of 2 bd inv in Wyndham is 154,000 points, not 203,000 and M.F. runs from 4.27 to 12.00 /k so a lot of variables
You posted in the WorldMark subforum, where a 2 bedroom is (on "average") 12,000 credits. (There are many 2 bedroom units that are only 10,000 credits). Maintenance fees in WorldMark are more consistent than Club Wyndham.

"Methodology" implies some sort of scientific assessment. The points comparison chart is just TUG's collective "best guess", because so many variables are buried within each timeshare system, as you noted.

This is one of the threads where the generally agreed upon "best guesses" were determined, if you want to post there.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-compare-point-systems.255425/

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Since I bought Daytona precontruction in 1999 for 192,000 at approximately $15,000 and now selling at approximately $ 80,000, I would say that is a significant change. It is no wonder they want me to put it in CWA for nothing and pay $27,000. WOW did someone miss something. My last offer for Daytona was $800 .

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Is anyone discussing and or objecting to the new WorldMark Guest Certificates? Is there any organized effort to challenge them on legal grounds. My contract says no one other than an owner can charge a guest fee.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
The only way to have a say is give your Proxie to WMOWNERS Inc.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone discussing and or objecting to the new WorldMark Guest Certificates? Is there any organized effort to challenge them on legal grounds. My contract says no one other than an owner can charge a guest fee.
It has been discussed and objected to for the past two years in many threads under the WorldMark forum. Somewhere in those threads you will learn that is it within the Board of Directors' power to set fees for guest usage. I think it is in the WorldMark bylaws.

Here is a link to one of the first discussions:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
WorldMark 2020-2021 Resort Directory

1C3BB859-C601-49EF-89F6-67B605230177.jpeg

2021 Current Rates and Fees

2021 Maintenance Dues Schedule
(see PDF attachment).

Credit Rental
Owners have the option (based on varying booking windows, resorts, special promotions, etc) to pay cash for a resort reservation by renting credits. Bonus Time is an example of a credit rental, as is FAX Time. Below are the current credit rental rates for all cash payment options currently available.
RENTAL OPTION​
RATE​
MINIMUM​
Bonus Time​
$0.075/Credit​
$80 nightly minimum​
Exotic Bonus Time​
$0.075/Credit​
$80 nightly minimum​
Inventory Special​
$0.075/Credit​
$80 nightly minimum​
Monday Madness​
$0.09/Credit Online
$0.10/Credit via Phone​
$80 nightly minimum​
FAX Time​
$0.10/Credit if first usage in Red Season within a 5 year period, or if White or Blue Season.
$0.15/Credit for additional Red Season usage within a 5 year period.​
NA​
Fun Time*​
TravelShare $0.094/Credit
Silver Elite $0.089/Credit
Diamond Elite $0.86/Credit
Platinum Elite $0.084/Credit​
$80 nightly minimum​
Elite Rental**​
Silver Elite $0.15/Credit
Diamond Elite $0.13/Credit
Platinum Elite $0.11/Credit​
$80 nightly minimum​
Affiliate Rental​
$0.15/Credit​
$80 nightly minimum​
*Available to TravelShare members with a contract sale date prior to 1/24/2012
**Available to TravelShare Elite members only

2021 Miscellaneous Fees

FEE TYPE​
RATE​
WorldMark Guest Certificate Fee​
$99 Online
$129 Phone​
Exchange Plus Application Fee​
$129 per application​
RCI Weeks Membership​
$99​
RCI Weeks Exchange Fee​
$249​
RCI Nightly Stay Exchange Fee​
$59 to $209 (7 - 13 nights)
$288 (14+ nights)​
RCI Guest Fee​
$89​
II Membership Fee​
$89 plus one-time fee of $39​
II Weeks Member Exchange Fee​
$184​
II Gold Member Exchange Fee​
$129 - $159
(Online 1 – 6 nights)
$149 - $179
(Call Center 1 – 6 nights)​
II Guest Certificate​
$59​
Information current as of 1/1/2021

2021 Housekeeping

One housekeeping service is included in the dues structure for every 10,000 credits. Housekeeping fees help support WorldMark, The Club by keeping operational costs lower for all owners. The fees are charged to those owners who choose to spread credit use across multiple stays rather than week vacations. Please note: loft style units may be charged a higher amount due to being larger is size or amenities.
HOUSEKEEPING RATE​
UNIT TYPE​
$76.00​
Hotel
Studio Hotel
Studio Compact
Studio
Studio Cottage
Studio Plus
Studio Deluxe
Studio Loft
Studio Presidential​
$102.00​
1 Bedroom Compact
1 Bedroom Compact Hotel
1 Bedroom Hotel
1 Bedroom Suite
1 Bedroom
1 Bedroom Cottage
1 Bedroom Loft
1 Bedroom Plus
1 Bedroom Deluxe
1 Bedroom Penthouse
1 Bedroom Presidential​
$116.00​
2 Bedroom Compact
2 Bedroom Hotel
2 Bedroom Suite
2 Bedroom
2 Bedroom Loft
2 Bedroom Plus
2 Bedroom Deluxe
2 Bedroom Chalet
2 Bedroom Penthouse
2 Bedroom Presidential
2 Bedroom Presidential Deluxe
2 Bedroom Presidential Casita​
$127.00​
3 Bedroom
3 Bedroom Plus
3 Bedroom Deluxe
3 Bedroom Deluxe Loft
3 Bedroom Chalet
3 Bedroom Penthouse
3 Bedroom Presidential
3 Bedroom Presidential Casita​
$168.00​
4 Bedroom Deluxe
4 Bedroom Penthouse
4 Bedroom Presidential
4 Bedroom Presidential Casita​

Attachments

• 2021 WorldMark_Dues_Schedule.pdf
    129.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Are there housekeeping fees on bonus time with WorldMark? I cannot find an answer. I see you do have to pay a GC fee for those.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there housekeeping fees on bonus time with WorldMark? I cannot find an answer. I see you do have to pay a GC fee for those.
Housekeeping is included with all cash bookings at no additiional charge -- FAX, Monday Madness, Inventory Specials, and Bonus Time.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Housekeeping is included with all cash bookings at no additiional charge -- FAX, Monday Madness, Inventory Specials, and Bonus Time.
I have a distant memory that some locations also charge tax on the "included housekeeping" wrapped into these rates. This becomes a dangling, additional charge on select reservations. Does this match with your knowledge/memory?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a distant memory that some locations also charge tax on the "included housekeeping" wrapped into these rates. This becomes a dangling, additional charge on select reservations. Does this match with your knowledge/memory?
Lodging Tax is charged only on cash housekeeping charges; i.e., when booking with credits but paying for housekeeping because no HK token is available. The resorts where this applies are indicated with an asterisk on the Tax Information sheet available online, and it includes most resorts that charge a Lodging Tax -- Fiji, Eagle Crest, Grand Lake are a few of the exceptions.

There is no charge for housekeeping when it is included for free, so there is no HK charge to tax; only the cost of the reservation is taxed.

"Lodging Tax

At certain resorts, a Lodging Tax (LT) is charged on a percentage basis of the total reservation cost on reservations booked with a cash payment option, such as Bonus Time, Inventory Special, or FAX Time. In certain areas, Lodging Tax may also be assessed on cash housekeeping charges."

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
@CO skier ... hmm, there must be additional implementation on this tax. I've been charged the tax on occasion even booking with an NHK account. One isn't aware of it until the final screen (it isn't itemized and it suddenly/invisibly changes the price of the reservation). I'm pretty sure I've encountered it in Monday Madness reservations, which I used to book frequently.

It was explained to me by phone that it was inescapable and determined by resort location/locality.