• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Introducing WYNDHAM Club Pass

lcml11

Reaction score
In my view, they are taking something away from me. As a WM owner, I used to be able to book some affiliates the same as any other WM resort, without any $99 fee.

The inventory and resorts were not guaranteed year to year. Some were added, some taken away.

But I still had the choice to use what was available, and I did. :(

Simply put, I agree. So goes it the Wyndham Club Plus owners for access to some Worldmark units.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It cost $0 before. No fee, just credits or cents per credit, just as if I was booking WM.

That is my point (and yours) -- NO $99 before for either YOU in Worldmark or ME in Club Wyndham Plus.

NOW, the "corporate wyndham" entity gets $99 from you and $99 from me ===> YES, we can still use free will and NOT book at the formally Affiliated Resorts. Then we lose not money, but the option of other vacation resorts which were available.

Also, the SALES HYPE of only Developer purchase points (at this point, I can only talk about Wyndham points and not Worldmark credits), will be available to be used in booking the thru the portal of Club Wyndam Pass.

rleigh

Reaction score
That is my point (and yours) -- NO $99 before for either YOU in Worldmark or ME in Club Wyndham Plus.

NOW, the "corporate wyndham" entity gets $99 from you and $99 from me ===> YES, we can still use free will and NOT book at the formally Affiliated Resorts. Then we lose not money, but the option of other vacation resorts which were available.

Also, the SALES HYPE of only Developer purchase points (at this point, I can only talk about Wyndham points and not Worldmark credits), will be available to be used in booking the thru the portal of Club Wyndam Pass.

I used to get pretty annoyed about that stuff but as someone here or at WMOwners once said, sometimes ya gotta clear your mind, take a look at the locations you have access to, and realize how lucky you are. Sometimes I try to look through the eyes of a brand new owner, marveling and full of hope lol. You know, the honeymoon phase!

In the big picture it isn't a big deal but when I actually go to do the booking, the $99 may not be possible, so I would choose a WM vacay instead. Maybe that is their intent.

People who think the $99 doesn't affect anyone haven't seen how I budget money. :) I NEVER save for vacations. Horrible at it. But I pay bills. That is why I bought a timeshare. The "prepaid vacation" works well for me.

Last edited:

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

FYI. The latest issue of F&P (Faces and Places Magazine) has an article on Club Wyndham Pass and it says it will be available to "all owners" starting this summer. It goes on to say that no new purchases are rquired. It does not say anything about it being open only to retail purchasers.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI. The latest issue of F&P (Faces and Places Magazine) has an article on Club Wyndham Pass and it says it will be available to "all owners" starting this summer. It goes on to say that no new purchases are rquired. It does not say anything about it being open only to retail purchasers.

I read that this AM also --- and my first thought was, "the salesmen are creating the HYPE to sell more points".

And as I have a just a little computer experience, I figure it would take WYNDHAM another decade before they could update their current reservation system to figure out "resale vs retail" contracts.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

As someone who pays a ton of fees to Wyndham, I can tell you wyndhams fee schedule is a sensitive subject to me. I dont like paying those fees, but because I want the service provided, I do.

A little inventory made available in one system to the other, was an extra and not something we were specifically entitled to by virtue of our owning in one system or the other and paying our maintenance fees. It was an extra provided by the manager. It seems to me that Wyndham could have ended the affiliate relationship between Club Wyndham and World mark at any time. And although some might have been affected, there would really be nothing to complain about... Kind of like when the gas stations stopped washing your windshield when you bought a few gallons of gas... The price of gas didnt go down, and a gallon didnt get you any more miles, it was just a little extra that was no longer included in the price you paid

So Wyndham ended the affiliate relationship.. Thats done

And now they have created a new way for you to visit those resorts (or not if all you own is resale)..and this new way will cost you a hundred bucks

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Doesnt matter what the Magazine says...resale buyers are not allowed in

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

The following quote is from the Wyndham Club Pass FAQ:

3. Who is eligible for WYNDHAM Club Pass?
All CLUB WYNDHAM and WorldMark by Wyndham owners will be automatically enrolled as a member of the new
WYNDHAM Club Pass program and may use developer purchased credits for Club Pass reservations.

The magazine article is correct in that Wyndham Club Pass is available to all WorldMark and Wyndham owners.

Did the magazine article make any mention of the second part of the FAQ? Since only developer purchased points or credits may be used for exchanges, owners with only resale purchases will not derive any benefit from their automatic enrollment in Wyndham Club Pass.

lcml11

Reaction score
The following quote is from the Wyndham Club Pass FAQ:

The magazine article is correct in that Wyndham Club Pass is available to all WorldMark and Wyndham owners.

Did the magazine article make any mention of the second part of the FAQ? Since only developer purchased points or credits may be used for exchanges, owners with only resale purchases will not derive any benefit from their automatic enrollment in Wyndham Club Pass.

I called Wyndham Reservations and specifically asked about re-sale and the Faces and Places comments that appear in this thread.

At this point in time, they are standing by developer points as the usable points in the program.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I called Wyndham Reservations and specifically asked about re-sale and the Faces and Places comments that appear in this thread.

At this point in time, they are standing by developer points as the usable points in the program.

Is a reservations agent really going to have the info about a program that hasn't even started yet? Sales would probably have better info at an "update"....

lcml11

Reaction score
Is a reservations agent really going to have the info about a program that hasn't even started yet? Sales would probably have better info at an "update"....

Please see post 207 above.

Your plug for the sales staff updates is correct. If people would post recent sales pitches at the updates, it would be interesting to see what is being said. The loss of availability etc. for people who do not have recent sales seems to be a theme that comes up from people that are posting. Other posts might also give some insights to what is going to the new retail sales buyers and what may or is being lost to the existing owners.

The loss of the Associate availability without a fee seems to be well established at this point. More info pertaining to Club Wyndham Pass both the positive and negative aspects would be of use.

Please keep posting great ideas on possible sources of information.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Thanks Bryan

heres what the Club Pass disclosure says

All members of current Affiliated Programs are automatically enrolled in WYNDHAM Club Pass

so its free whether you go to a presentation or not

Ok, so today I was looking at my WM account for bonus time and noticed all of the Wyndham properties gone from the reservation listings and all of the wm and wm south pacific on the resort gallery mixed in with the wyndham affiliates.

I read that I can't book wyndham until June. I assume that this is when the wyndham inventory shows up on the wm website ??

Bill

lcml11

Reaction score
Ok, so today I was looking at my WM account for bonus time and noticed all of the Wyndham properties gone from the reservation listings and all of the wm and wm south pacific on the resort gallery mixed in with the wyndham affiliates.

I read that I can't book wyndham until June. I assume that this is when the wyndham inventory shows up on the wm website ??

Bill

That is when you can do an Exchange through Wyndham Club Pass for $199 dollars. When you say Wyndham Affiliates does that term include the Wyndham Vacation Plus/Access affiliate resorts? If so, does it give the June message on them?

Destin, Ocean City Md, Lake of the Ozarks, Angle Fire, etc.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort map on the Worldmark website now includes Wyndham affiliates, and Vacation International and more

see for your self...click here

The Wyndham affiliates and the Wyndham hotels are not available to me to book (I am not a Travelshare owner which may be the reason) but I can book Vacation Internationale (whatever that is) Click on a Wyndham affiliate and you get the "Club Pass coming message"

By the way the map on the Wyndham side shows the World mark stuff too, and the hotels, but no Club International

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
The resort map on the Worldmark website now includes Wyndham affiliates, and Vacation International and more

see for your self...click here

The Wyndham affiliates and the Wyndham hotels are not available to me to book (I am not a Travelshare owner which may be the reason) but I can book Vacation Internationale (whatever that is) Click on a Wyndham affiliate and you get the "Club Pass coming message"

By the way the map on the Wyndham side shows the World mark stuff too, and the hotels, but no Club International

I had looked at the map on the Wyndham Club Plus/Access side and was totally confused. Thanks for answering.

Here are the words of wisdom from Reservations:

Not sure when they are going to booking for Margaritaville Smokey Mountain.
Separate program from Club Wyndham would have to be a part of the Margaritaville, it will be offered at a sales presentation.

Vacation Internationale it is unknown if it is going to become part of Club Wyndham Plus/Access at this time.

Thanks for the link. Clicked on one of the Vacation Internationale sites in HI and got this message:

"Resort Overview
O‘ahu is the perfect destination, mixing the heat of the tropics with the hip of urban metropolis. The beauty of O‘ahu glows in its eclectic array of historical sites, attractions and cultures rich in heritage and exotic cuisine. Couple this with hiking, biking, snorkeling and catamaran tours, or just relax on Waikiki Beach and shop at the unique International Marketplace, all within a few minutes’ walk of your home base at Fairway Villa. Discover high-rise luxury on the Ali Wai Canal, with a rooftop recreation deck, including swimming pool, spa, sauna and an amazing panoramic view of Waikiki. With your accommodation needs settled, set out and explore the wonders of Hawai‘i’s ultimate experience, discover your O‘ahu!

Please note: This is not a WorldMark Resort. This property is made available to WorldMark owners through a direct exchange arrangement with Vacation Internationale. A Direct Exchange Fee applies."

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
That is when you can do an Exchange through Wyndham Club Pass for $199 dollars. When you say Wyndham Affiliates does that term include the Wyndham Vacation Plus/Access affiliate resorts? If so, does it give the June message on them?

Destin, Ocean City Md, Lake of the Ozarks, Angle Fire, etc.

On the WM website the cost is $99 + usual points and housekeeping token to use the wyndham club pass. It looks like a better deal for wyndham owners because the bulk of the resorts offered to WM owners are in areas like Florida, Branson and South Carolina. I don't see any Europe offered to WM but think that WM South Pacific may be offered to Wyndham.

Then again, I could be wrong. All in all I might like this.

Bill

lcml11

Reaction score
On the WM website the cost is $99 + usual points and housekeeping token to use the wyndham club pass. It looks like a better deal for wyndham owners because the bulk of the resorts offered to WM owners are in areas like Florida, Branson and South Carolina. I don't see any Europe offered to WM but think that WM South Pacific may be offered to Wyndham.

Then again, I could be wrong. All in all I might like this.

Bill

Good catch, I meant $99.

lcml11

Reaction score
Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com/ffrweb/pdfs/cw_wyndham_club_pass_supplement.pdf

Price: Points plus $99 dollars plus a housekeeping credit. Remember, VIP Gold and up do not pay for the HK credit.

If someone would post the corresponding link for WorldMark that shows the program rules etc. It would be helpful. Thanks.

Thanks for posting... 2 interesting things I noticed... the guest pass is listed at $49, and the cancellation window is listed at 15 days rather than Worldmark's 30.

lcml11

Reaction score
Thanks for posting... 2 interesting things I noticed... the guest pass is listed at $49, and the cancellation window is listed at 15 days rather than Worldmark's 30.

Great catch. Missed the $49 dollar fee, beats the guest pass fee for the normal non-VIP Wyndham Club/Access owner of $99. I get 29 free guest passes. The numbers would be much higher for the mega rentor group that are Platinum. I am sure they have a lot of friends. Maybe, to get a feel for the real mega rentor group, they would share how many free ones they get with the mega accounts.

That is two of four big boys for the Club Wyndham Platinum Group. Guest Passes and Housekeeping credits appear to be in play. Now I am waiting to see of the 50 percent discount and free upgrades within 60 days make it.

If so, then a Wyndham Club Pass or three might be in play for me.

A dedicated Wyndham Club Pass phone number showed up. Called it a few minutes age. Got a recording since it was before 9:00 a.m. eastern time.

"... reservations, call 1-800-797-3112 ... Vacation Planning Center hours of operation are Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m.-10 p.m., and Sat.-Sun., 9 a.m.-8 p.m. ET (subject to change) ..."

Got off the phone with the regular Club Wyndham Plus reservations. They confirmed that the existing Housekeeping and Guest Certificates can be used other questions are being referred to the dedicated Club Wyndham Pass department.

It is interesting that this is not being run through the clubs regular reservations lines.

Maybe it is time to check with the guy who cuts grass again to see what is really happening.

UPDATE:

Got off the phone a few minutes ago. Wyndham Club Pass is indeed a seperate operation. They are not honoring what Wyndham Club Plus Reservations said pertaining to guest passes. They are going to charge Wyndham Club Plus VIP owners $49 dollars for a guest pass. VIP discounts will not apply to the Wyndham Club Pass inventory.

They very much have a arrogant attitude on who sets the rules now and who does not regarding Wyndham Club Plus inventory.

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who can exchange using the Club Pass, there may be some real finds in the Wyndham Club Pass. Just one example, if I am reading the Club Pass chart correctly:

Steamboat Springs 3 Bedroom, weeks 1-14:

Club Wyndham points, Wyndham unit = 262,400 or about $1575

Wyndham Club Pass, WorldMark unit = 199,000 or about $1200

(A WorldMark owners pays about $815)

Week 15 (ski area is usually closed) using the Club Pass is an even better deal

Wyndham Club Pass, WorldMark unit =133,000 or about $800

(A WorldMark owners pays about $545)

The Wyndham units are somewhat more upscale (drapes instead of blinds), but including the $99 exchange fee, there is still an attractive price difference.

Happy hunting at your favorite, shared resort.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who can exchange using the Club Pass, there may be some real finds in the Wyndham Club Pass. Just one example, if I am reading the Club Pass chart correctly:

Steamboat Springs 3 Bedroom, weeks 1-14:

Club Wyndham points, Wyndham unit = 262,400 or about $1575

Wyndham Club Pass, WorldMark unit = 199,000 or about $1200

(A WorldMark owners pays about $815)

Week 15 (ski area is usually closed) using the Club Pass is an even better deal

Wyndham Club Pass, WorldMark unit =133,000 or about $800

(A WorldMark owners pays about $545)

The Wyndham units are somewhat more upscale (drapes instead of blinds), but including the $99 exchange fee, there is still an attractive price difference.

Happy hunting at your favorite, shared resort.

That was my feeling from he beginning...Worldmark owners would get the better deal...This confirms it

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
If someone would post the corresponding link for WorldMark that shows the program rules etc. It would be helpful. Thanks.

I can't find it -- please let me know if you come across it. Thanks!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
That was my feeling from he beginning...Worldmark owners would get the better deal...This confirms it

Steamboat Springs and some other resorts have always been a better deal for WorldMark owners.

What is interesting is that a Club Wyndham owner can get a better deal (including the exchange fee) exchanging into a WorldMark unit at Steamboat through the Club Pass than they can get booking directly using their points.