• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 27 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $15,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $14 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages Key West
My searches have returned little-to-no information, so forgive me if this is not the place to ask. I'd like to use my Staroptions to stay in a 1-bedroom at the Westin St. John, but no matter what dates I plug in there is no availability. Does anyone have any tips for booking a 1-bedroom here? Or do the 1-bedrooms no longer exist? I can't even find availability for one night 12 months out (even though I know I can't book this, it is still showing as unavailable).

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+ 2BR
Sheraton Vistana Villages Plat 2 BR-St Aug
My searches have returned little-to-no information, so forgive me if this is not the place to ask. I'd like to use my Staroptions to stay in a 1-bedroom at the Westin St. John, but no matter what dates I plug in there is no availability. Does anyone have any tips for booking a 1-bedroom here? Or do the 1-bedrooms no longer exist? I can't even find availability for one night 12 months out (even though I know I can't book this, it is still showing as unavailable).
1 BR do exist. I just looked entered a random date and a 1-BR came up. Says low availability though. When are you looking to go? In the past I had tried to search for a week that worked with school schedules and could never find anything. I was able to find weeks once I looked during low season. October and November I was able to find available weeks. (After staying on SO a couple times I bought on the resale market so I can go every year.)rez.png
rez.png

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The only 1Bd villas are in VGV (Hillside) phase - so naturally limited in availability. I think there are only around 32 of them (4 buildings x 8 1Bd per building).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Points: Hilton EVEN, Hyatt ODD Annual: WSJ, HRA, Shell, Wyndham CWA, TPU
according to my notes, there are only 24 one bedroom units. Keep in mind that they are loft like, with the bed upstairs open to below, and the downstairs part is still basically studio sized. If you can spare the points, I would see if you can get a 2 bed.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
according to my notes, there are only 24 one bedroom units. Keep in mind that they are loft like, with the bed upstairs open to below, and the downstairs part is still basically studio sized. If you can spare the points, I would see if you can get a 2 bed.
Your probably right - I was trying to remember from the difference between villa numbers between the 2Bd TH on ends.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Points: Hilton EVEN, Hyatt ODD Annual: WSJ, HRA, Shell, Wyndham CWA, TPU
Your probably right - I was trying to remember from the difference between villa numbers between the 2Bd TH on ends.

Either way, they are scarce and hard to get

DST

Reaction score
Hi all - everyone here is always so knowledgeable so I am hoping someone here will have some advice: We are in the process of purchasing a Sunset Bay 2BR privately and have money in escrow (3 weeks). Originally we were told 2 weeks it would go to the closing and they expected it to close in 75-90 days.....When I inquired with the realtor she said the closing agent has said they are waiting on the estoppel from the resort (I also asked the sellers to call and inquire); so my questions:

1) is this typical, anything we can do to make this move faster from the resort end
2) dues will be due around 1st of the year, I am not comfortable paying the fees when we have not closed - what options do we have
3) we are purchasing weeks 1-14 and 51-52 (diamond) with points of 176, 700 (ish) we are concerned that closing will not allow us to use our purchase in 2021 - will everything be booked and we miss out on those weeks (we are very flexible in our vacation time)

Any advice?

We really are thinking of making a trip to the Island January or February but do you think we will be able to use our ownership or should we look at renting something

Thanks all - you really are the most knowledgeable group out there :)

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen WestinStJohn VGV, SB & CV SVV Morritt's Seaside
Hi all - everyone here is always so knowledgeable so I am hoping someone here will have some advice: We are in the process of purchasing a Sunset Bay 2BR privately and have money in escrow (3 weeks). Originally we were told 2 weeks it would go to the closing and they expected it to close in 75-90 days.....When I inquired with the realtor she said the closing agent has said they are waiting on the estoppel from the resort (I also asked the sellers to call and inquire); so my questions:

1) is this typical, anything we can do to make this move faster from the resort end
2) dues will be due around 1st of the year, I am not comfortable paying the fees when we have not closed - what options do we have
3) we are purchasing weeks 1-14 and 51-52 (diamond) with points of 176, 700 (ish) we are concerned that closing will not allow us to use our purchase in 2021 - will everything be booked and we miss out on those weeks (we are very flexible in our vacation time)

Any advice?

We really are thinking of making a trip to the Island January or February but do you think we will be able to use our ownership or should we look at renting something

Thanks all - you really are the most knowledgeable group out there :)
I am currently closing on a 148,100 contract SB.
Vistana will not do the transfer at this time before the 2021 fees are paid. I have put the 2021 fee in escrow. If this is private just ask the current owners to make a resie for you. They will also know you are paying the fee. They can simply change to your name on the resie. Home option (Not StarOptions) reservations will transfer with the sale

Edit. I am currently busy but will look later tonight to see what SB resies are available.
I am helping a friend with a Marriott sale and the buyer wanted s January resie. We made it and since the monies including maintenance fee are in Escrow he is happy to let the buyer use the resie

WSJ SB 2 BR 1/16,17,18,19 2 BR
1/20,21,22,23,24 2BR

That’s it is. I searched thru mid May and there were no resies in SB.
Best to ask your people to reserve one of those dates for you. You can reserve outside of your season at 8 months out.

Last edited: