• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

tammymacb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need some help regarding possibly buying a second week. I currently own week 29 in Hillside 3419. For at least the last two years, I've gone early (this year, I went down a week early and got week 28 too). Both years, my villa (3419) was vacant during week 28 and I was allowed to check in and not have to move. I've been doing some searching to see who owns week 28 and haven't had luck yet. I also looked through some resale sites (since they don't appear to be using it). I'm starting to think that maybe Westin owns the week? Anyway, my hope was that Westin may do a buy back sale and have my week there ( I realize that probably won't happen). How do I find out when that sale is? Also, if anyone else has any info on week 28 - 3419. please let me know. Thanks!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Looks like it's owned by Theodore Borromeo with a deed (# 2015000393) recorded January 21, 2015 based on a sale December 29, 2014. You can look up USVI deeds at the following website:

You may have to log in as guest, then the best way is to select Condo/Estate and fill in the unit number / week to see the latest info.

Attachments

• Report-docs_SearchResultsPrint-1597348187958.pdf
    48.1 KB · Views: 30

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Also, @tammymacb, there is a VGV owners' posting site that is accessible through the Vistana web site by selecting governing documents under owners association, the selecting the owners association information link; it's the last link in that category. You have to register with that site. There are a few units listed for sale there, but not the one you were interested in. There's a looking to buy section as well where you could post your interest in that particular week. I'm not sure how much traffic that site gets; I've only recently purchased there and found it while exploring the Vistana site.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I’m beside myself another trip cancelled. Unreal

tammymacb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, @tammymacb, there is a VGV owners' posting site that is accessible through the Vistana web site by selecting governing documents under owners association, the selecting the owners association information link; it's the last link in that category. You have to register with that site. There are a few units listed for sale there, but not the one you were interested in. There's a looking to buy section as well where you could post your interest in that particular week. I'm not sure how much traffic that site gets; I've only recently purchased there and found it while exploring the Vistana site.
Thank you! I was hoping Westin might have it and sell it as the owner doesn't seem to be using it. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to go last week. The resort was looking good at about 60% occupancy.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
It certainly will. I will say the towel hut people were enforcing the mask policy very closely. Snorkels was too when placing an order. Other than that people in the pool were behaving like COVID was not a thing.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
It certainly will. I will say the towel hut people were enforcing the mask policy very closely. Snorkels was too when placing an order. Other than that people in the pool were behaving like COVID was not a thing.
Considering the locals are seeing huge increases in cases and the Gov Just rolled back to extreme quarantine measures Beginning next week, USVI will be hurting for quite a bit. Very sad, especially when the lines were blurred and the quarantine became about eradicating the virus. The world should just shut down for two years, that should do the trick. The virus will be gone but the after effects will be far worse.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I was hoping Westin might have it and sell it as the owner doesn't seem to be using it. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

It would be nice to be in the same unit back to back ... the last time we had two consecutive weeks in different units the Westin moved all of our bags from our first unit to the second unit plus all of our food from the fridge to the new fridge while we left for the beach for the day.

That search tool on deeds is great!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That search tool on deeds is great!

I've got to give credit where it's due; I found that search tool reading through the WSJ Owners site put together by @alexadeparis. The URL there gets a 404 error from the USVI government web site no doubt due to a change at that site, but got me close enough to find it.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week they were taking temperatures and allowing the States with low numbers to enter without issues. Not sure what they were doing with high number states.

Hopefully they reopen soon.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've got to give credit where it's due; I found that search tool reading through the WSJ Owners site put together by @alexadeparis. The URL there gets a 404 error from the USVI government web site no doubt due to a change at that site, but got me close enough to find it.
Hi Eric - thanks for the new link, I have updated it for us all! And also updated the tax bill website because they apparently changed that too.

Last edited:

captainDan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St, John - Virgin Grand Villas Week 40
i lost my paper tax bill and want to pay online but the site is asking for a “control number” in order to pay the bill. Is there somewhere else to get the control number ?

dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
i lost my paper tax bill and want to pay online but the site is asking for a “control number” in order to pay the bill. Is there somewhere else to get the control number ?

dan

From previous bill?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove

dan

The control number is the same each year. If you don’t have an old bill try emailing them.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
States and territories with the highest rates of COVID infections per 100,000 people over the last week.

The Virgin Islands is at number one.
38eb97e875ccdf344789278bb6065155.jpg

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
1e99d275de93195a1deb2481c0235399.jpg

Current numbers.
Familiar pattern.

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
TOPIC - BE VERY WORRIED ABOUT COMMITTING TO WESTIN ST JOHN RESERVATIONS -- KNOW YOUR RISKS AND THE LIMITATIONS PRESENTED THAT MAY BE OUT OF YOUR CONTROL

quite a bit at Westin St John. I have reservations in January and some in February, hoping to rent (made before COVID blew up). I called today to be sure I knew all my options, as I was reassured this week the airlines are being very fair with no change fees (so my reservation on the books since Feb can be cancelled with NO CHANGE FEE). Upon speaking with the rep, I learned they are being really unfair.
If you cancel inside of 60 days, which is a long lead time in these COVID times and EVEN IF THEY CLOSE THE RESORT (as they have done with State at Home Orders 2 times already) - you get restricted options and you can't convert restricted options to Bonvoy Points or Bank to 2022.

This is a MAJOR RISK and really a crappy stance. I get the issues and why they have to do it from a company standpoint - but from the standpoint we are all in this together their stance is RIDICULOUS. They could close the resort 1 week before we go, we could be totally fine with flying and they will waive the fee but now we are stuck with 250-400,000 in restricted options and have to try and get reservations when everyone else wants them and be limited to inside 90 days. We are 5STAR and I told him this is borderline criminal.

Curious others views. Guess we have to decide Nov 1st if we are going to travel in January

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
TOPIC - BE VERY WORRIED ABOUT COMMITTING TO WESTIN ST JOHN RESERVATIONS -- KNOW YOUR RISKS AND THE LIMITATIONS PRESENTED THAT MAY BE OUT OF YOUR CONTROL

quite a bit at Westin St John. I have reservations in January and some in February, hoping to rent (made before COVID blew up). I called today to be sure I knew all my options, as I was reassured this week the airlines are being very fair with no change fees (so my reservation on the books since Feb can be cancelled with NO CHANGE FEE). Upon speaking with the rep, I learned they are being really unfair.
If you cancel inside of 60 days, which is a long lead time in these COVID times and EVEN IF THEY CLOSE THE RESORT (as they have done with State at Home Orders 2 times already) - you get restricted options and you can't convert restricted options to Bonvoy Points or Bank to 2022.

This is a MAJOR RISK and really a crappy stance. I get the issues and why they have to do it from a company standpoint - but from the standpoint we are all in this together their stance is RIDICULOUS. They could close the resort 1 week before we go, we could be totally fine with flying and they will waive the fee but now we are stuck with 250-400,000 in restricted options and have to try and get reservations when everyone else wants them and be limited to inside 90 days. We are 5STAR and I told him this is borderline criminal.

Curious others views. Guess we have to decide Nov 1st if we are going to travel in January

It's strange that you were surprised by this stance. This has been Vistana's policy (120 days not 90 days) for all their resorts for several months now and has been hashed, bashed and everything else on TUG and several Facebook pages for months. It is not just a Westin St. John policy.

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's strange that you were surprised by this stance. This has been Vistana's policy (120 days not 90 days) for all their resorts for several months now and has been hashed, bashed and everything else on TUG and several Facebook pages for months. It is not just a Westin St. John policy.
Thanks for the sarcastic reply. I am sorry to not know. I asked them especially with the Stay at Home orders on the island. Also thought maybe 5Star could give me some safety valves.
Glad you are so informed, I hope to share with others so they know. Reservations are booked solid in 2021 and I hope someone who didn't know learns something like I did. Perhaps I stated incorrectly that I was shocked; I guess when confirming for my own protection I was surprised still their stance. Glad you keep up on everthing.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Thanks for the sarcastic reply. I am sorry to not know. I asked them especially with the Stay at Home orders on the island. Also thought maybe 5Star could give me some safety valves.
Glad you are so informed, I hope to share with others so they know. Reservations are booked solid in 2021 and I hope someone who didn't know learns something like I did. Perhaps I stated incorrectly that I was shocked; I guess when confirming for my own protection I was surprised still their stance. Glad you keep up on everthing.

I apologize for coming across as sarcastic as that was not my intent. I stand by my stance that I find it difficult to understand that a Vistana 5-Star Elite was not aware of the policy. In addition to the places I posted the policy has also had a link on the front page of the Vistana website for months. I hope you are able to either go or find a satisfactory resolution.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Nothing sarcastic here that I can see. Just statements of facts.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)

I think you are being a bit unfair to Vistana here. (a) Protecting against cancellations is what insurance is for. If not insured, that was your decision. (b) If Vistana were to give us unrestricted staroptions back, what would the circus look like next year, and how would it affect owners trying to use those year's staroptions?
...and yes...we, too, have received restricted] staroptions. We might have liked them to be unrestricted, but what would the effect then be on others?

klatkiew

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok I took the plunge on a WSJ pool villa! It was a smokin deal! Hope it transfers fast.

Anyone have recent pics of 4413? I believe it has the hot tub yay! Was it one of the villas with the mold?

Hoping maintenance doesn’t go up too much next year!

If I want to use the fixed week next year what is the timeframe to confirm? 12- 8 months? I don’t want to miss it. Going to see if seller will confirm reservation for me.

We own weeks 1 & 2 in 4413! We usually rent these two weeks out and stay in 4213 for week 52 so I don't know what the current condition is. Several years ago it flooded and needed a ton of work. It does have a hot tub. Enjoy!!