• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana, Westin & Sheraton Deedback program

Jamy

Reaction score
RCI Extra Vacations and Last Call are always available for Las Vegas. And for very close to the Exchange Fee.

I won't have RCI access after this, but I may look into actually buying a share in Las Vegas. As I tend to go there at least once a year.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Ginny- what do you own? Sometimes there is value if you sell it. You can list it on TUG.
If you let us know, we can tell you if there’s value
Hope it’s not something of value....

Jamy

Reaction score
I am not sure why...you can stay an RCI member without a property

I didn't know that was possible! How does that work? They say on their site that "RCI's core business is exchange vacations – helping timeshare owners to exchange their vacation ownership for time at other affiliated resorts. So, to enjoy exchange benefits through RCI®, you must own a timeshare to exchange."

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I didn't know that was possible! How does that work? They say on their site that "RCI's core business is exchange vacations – helping timeshare owners to exchange their vacation ownership for time at other affiliated resorts. So, to enjoy exchange benefits through RCI®, you must own a timeshare to exchange."

RCI doesn't know that you sold your timeshare. As long as you pay membership fees, you can remain -- and purchase Last Calls, etc.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
RCI doesn't know that you sold your timeshare. As long as you pay membership fees, you can remain -- and purchase Last Calls, etc.
That only works on the RCI weeks side though? Not RCI Points?

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually am not sure, but I had paid for 3 years RCI membership and lost my exchange unit (due to bankruptcy) and I can still make Extra and Last Call reservations.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
From the RCI Help Library on the points side regarding your account after selling your ownership (emphasis added):

Will my RCI account number be transferred to the new owner?
If you want to keep your RCI account to use your remaining deposits, confirmed vacations or Extra VacationsSM getaways, you can keep your RCI membership. If you want to transfer everything, including any prepaid membership fees, then you will transfer the RCI membership and RCI account number to the new owner.

FranMoroz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Resort
I think this is good news for those of us who are aging and have difficulty traveling any more and/or don't want to burden our children/grandchildren with yearly fees.
Your relatives are not required to pay your timeshare fees once you are deceased.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Interestingly the original webpage https://www.vistana.com/exit , from this discussion has been updated so that they only mention that you might want to sell at some point. They do say they have agents that will help you "explore your options" but no where does it mention anything about a deed back program available. It also has this foot note so the exit program now sounds like it is just an excuse to try to get you to trade in and buy more.

"This material is intended to encourage the sale of Vistana Signature Experiences all-villa resort interests classified by state legislation as timeshare sales. This is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of offers to buy in any state or other jurisdiction in which registration requirements have not been met. Vistana Signature Network™ is a registered Exchange Program.

THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF TIMESHARE INTERESTS."

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Interestingly the original webpage https://www.vistana.com/exit , from this discussion has been updated so that they only mention that you might want to sell at some point. They do say they have agents that will help you "explore your options" but no where does it mention anything about a deed back program available. It also has this foot note so the exit program now sounds like it is just an excuse to try to get you to trade in and buy more.

"This material is intended to encourage the sale of Vistana Signature Experiences all-villa resort interests classified by state legislation as timeshare sales. This is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of offers to buy in any state or other jurisdiction in which registration requirements have not been met. Vistana Signature Network™ is a registered Exchange Program.

THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF TIMESHARE INTERESTS."
Did the page ever mention a deedback program? I didn't think that it did. Wasn't it just to call and explore your options. I suspect the disclosure is a state mandate in Florida and other states since they are by definition selling timeshare interests. Did that not exist previously? The no longer offer their trade in program like they were doing for people to buy Flex points.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
given how many folks are successfully able to deed back their vistana ownerships, id have to say the program still works even if the website doesnt specifically cater to it.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Did the page ever mention a deedback program? I didn't think that it did. Wasn't it just to call and explore your options. I suspect the disclosure is a state mandate in Florida and other states since they are by definition selling timeshare interests. Did that not exist previously? The no longer offer their trade in program like they were doing for people to buy Flex points.
I thought it did mention options including deed back but maybe it did not. I did do a deed back on a single unit last year.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I thought it did mention options including deed back but maybe it did not. I did do a deed back on a single unit last year.
I don't ever recall it mentioning what the actual options are. They probably don't really want to box themselves in and want to leave their options open.

winegarden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Mirage (Diamond points)
Westin Kierland Villas
I just contacted Vistana two days ago and received a response to deedback my last ownership. Apparently it is still working.

Alan

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just contacted Vistana two days ago and received a response to deedback my last ownership. Apparently it is still working.

Alan
I sent in an inquiry Monday 8/31 and got the automated response that I would be contacted in 3 business days. I haven't received anything else. I guess I will try again.

shorep

Reaction score
same for me , they accepted the deed back as long as annual dues are paid. Thanks TUG !
Quick question : they are asking that I get the papers notarized at US embassy ( I live in Canada ) ... I live 10 hours away ! I don't understand why they don't accept Canadian notary.... anyone with similar experience ?
I told them the USA embassy in UK were on limited business due to corona virus and lack of on site staffs I used a notary local to me, emailed the documents for approval, then sent them via courier, all have arrived in Littleton CO,keep you posted on developments.

shorep

Reaction score
given how many folks are successfully able to deed back their vistana ownerships, id have to say the program still works even if the website doesnt specifically cater to it.
Just been emailed from FNF,(the company finalising my deedback@Vistana),three weeks time it will be concluded, can furnish email address of the people I have dealt with at the company&Marriot vacations, no smoke, no mirrors or snake oil treatment used

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot's Harbour Lake , Sheraton Vistana Villages
We want to give back our Sheraton week , and they accepted it.
But! Be aware! You have thirty days to make a reservation if you didn't used 2020 week yet and also 30 days for 2021, plus they simply close your access to your vistana.com account , because they are " in the process to close your account".
I'm very upset about it , especially the vistana.com.They didn' tell us this when we called first...

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
But! Be aware! You have thirty days to make a reservation if you didn't used 2020 week yet and also 30 days for 2021, plus they simply close your access to your vistana.com account , because they are " in the process to close your account".
I'm very upset about it , especially the vistana.com.They didn' tell us this when we called first...

Are you able to call and make your reservation?

winegarden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Mirage (Diamond points)
Westin Kierland Villas
That came as a surprise to me, too, especially since I had already deeded back two others. I guess when it’s your last one, they close your online access to everything And then warn you that you only have 30 to use what you still have.

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes we are , but needless to say , it's much easier to make a reservation yourself when you can see your options and points. We wanted to visit Phoenix to look around if we want to buy a retirement home in Arizona next year , but also spend some time in Myrtle Beach with my niece. And It's not fair , to block my access to my account when this year is a completely normal year , they have the whole 2021 to " close my account".

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That came as a surprise to me, too, especially since I had already deeded back two others. I guess when it’s your last one, they close your online access to everything And then warn you that you only have 30 to use what you still have.
At least they should warn you before they block your access , or at least wait the 30 days! We were in a process to make a reservstion in Myrtle Beach but I had to wait until Monday(Oct.19) b/c of a doctor's appointment to finalize the date, and to my suprise I just couldn't get to my account.

shorep

Reaction score
Bummer,as soon as they found out we did not want them anymore they responded in predictable childish fashion, but at least we got our retaliation in first, not able to access the account to pay the MF they are not going to get, and will not have to fill in an online survey, enjoy the freedom.!

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bummer,as soon as they found out we did not want them anymore they responded in predictable childish fashion, but at least we got our retaliation in first, not able to access the account to pay the MF they are not going to get, and will not have to fill in an online survey, enjoy the freedom.!
They told us that we have to pay next year MF , I don't get it why , but at least we can use it...