• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana, Westin & Sheraton Deedback program

shorep

Reaction score
The 747 I usually fly on to the USofA is in bits at the aircraft graveyard in Wales,the $1500 saved from MF will go towards car finance payment.

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot's Harbour Lake , Sheraton Vistana Villages
The MF of $1500 will go towards the car finance payoff,I will send Vistana a photo of the car!!
So how? You simply don't pay the MF?

shorep

Reaction score
Was unable to use it 2020 due to no fly rule to north america,next year the same rules might still be in force, cannot afford to pass over money and not receive goods/services in return most cases the credit card company would be busy getting the payment back.!!

Last edited:

shorep

Reaction score
So how? You simply don't pay the MF?
Not advocating MF non payment, in our case we have been owners since 1988,cannot leave the UK to travel to USA,told Vistana the problem, and the credit card company we paid our 2020 MF on, but instead of taking up their offer to retrieve payment, based on no goods/service forthcoming, we decided to bale out.The link from chief tuggers inc was spot on, had the reply and sent documents by return email, it is a mixed feeling moment but everybody has to draw their own line.Now we have new pandemic rules in UK,2021 could be more of the same.I was in the airline industry and had concessional travel so TS was a good product way back when, my views of the company are not positive, but I do have the tug teeshirt now!!

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot's Harbour Lake , Sheraton Vistana Villages
Not advocating MF non payment, in our case we have been owners since 1988,cannot leave the UK to travel to USA,told Vistana the problem, and the credit card company we paid our 2020 MF on, but instead of taking up their offer to retrieve payment, based on no goods/service forthcoming, we decided to bale out.The link from chief tuggers inc was spot on, had the reply and sent documents by return email, it is a mixed feeling moment but everybody has to draw their own line.Now we have new pandemic rules in UK,2021 could be more of the same.I was in the airline industry and had concessional travel so TS was a good product way back when, my views of the company are not positive, but I do have the tug teeshirt now!!
Oh , ok , thx. I didn't pay attentions , I just see that you're in the UK! Good luck! We'll deposit this and next year's week to II and hopefully we can use it next year!

shorep

Reaction score
Hope that works for you, by far the best plan to keep hold of the options you have, might even open new vacation options.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was unable to use it 2020 due to no fly rule to north america,next year the same rules might still be in force, cannot afford to pass over money and not receive goods/services in return most cases the credit card company would be busy getting the payment back.!!

Curious, not sure how a charge-back for "not received goods/services" would apply to MFs -- you're not really making a hotel reservation that couldn't be provided by the property. You're paying your annual dues on something you already own. It would be closer to saying you want to charge-back your property taxes on a vacation property you own because you couldn't get there this year... And hasn't the property given you a way to defer your usage (with restrictions) in to the next year, so you haven't actually lost anything at this time?

shorep

Reaction score
Curious, not sure how a charge-back for "not received goods/services" would apply to MFs -- you're not really making a hotel reservation that couldn't be provided by the property. You're paying your annual dues on something you already own. It would be closer to saying you want to charge-back your property taxes on a vacation property you own because you couldn't get there this year... And hasn't the property given you a way to defer your usage (with restrictions) in to the next year, so you haven't actually lost anything at this time?
Not willing to carry over my star options to 2021 was the start of the falling out between Vistana and us, customer service admitted he had not understood the fact I was unable to leave UK to travel to USA,sort of went south rapidly after that, which started the deedback.I'm with you on the return of funds to credit card but they did start the procedure,but I stopped it, conditions of deedback is MF paid up.

JDK

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to ARDA, vistana resorts (including sheraton and westin) have an official deedback/surrender program with info available here:

https://www.vistana.com/exit

adding this as a sticky for this forum for those who might be in these situations (and hope to funnel away some from upfront fee scammers)

the most recent update to this program for folks that dont want to read thru 8 pages of replies!) However the summary is that Marriott is indeed working towards taking back any US based Vistana ownership that is both paid off and not delinquent in fees. However as they work thru the migration/merger, there are some expected growing pains!

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...n-deedback-program.291395/page-7#post-2335398
We deeded back our Vistana Fountains I “floating” week to Marriott in Nov 2019. They didn’t pay us anything but paid all closing, transfer and recording fees. We did receive copies of all documentation, including recorded deed transferring title to Marriott. Very smooth procedure. We had to pay the maintenance fee for 2020, but were able to bank that week. Contact number was 866-682-4547, Ext. 2. I don’t know if this deed back programs is still offered. Good luck!

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
Is the deed back program applicable to resale TS also? Or only for developer purchased Thanks

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a resale SVR float week. I still use it or exchange it yearly and I have gotten good exchanges with it. I can't help but wonder though if I should take advantage of this deedback program if or while I can (use it or lose it so to speak) and travel by other means instead. Opinions??

shorep

Reaction score
Have received email today from Chicago title timeshare inc with attached documents completed for the feedback of Vistana cascades, very pleased with the way the company made the transaction easy for us, the link worked tell the tug master.

BBTMom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I finally called that phone number listed on https://www.vistana.com/exit
And I was able to deedback my unit from Westin Mission Hills.
They gave me the option to get all the documents via email or fedex.
But since there is one pager I have to sign and mail back, I chose the less-environmental option of fedex.

Yes, I do have to pay MF for 2021 but I get to use it one more time.
The deedback offers relief of NOT paying $2K+ going forward.
This is the "best" outcome since I will never want to "transfer" this burden to anyone else. =)

I had used it religiously for the last 15 years but now that my daughter is in college. It has lost its appeal and purpose.
I still have two other resales (Florida Bella + Scottsdale) that I purchased after learning all the wisdom for this community.
I am very thankful to you all.

Here's to a bright 2021 and lets all say "Good riddance to 2020"!!

47vampire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton
My Sheraton Broadway Plantation deedback was also a resale, 2 bedroom lock out.

shorep

Reaction score
No wonder they do not race to the ringing phones at Vistanaland,they must be knee-deep in deedbacks and drowning in staroptions,HoHOHO.

BBTMom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We want to give back our Sheraton week , and they accepted it.
But! Be aware! You have thirty days to make a reservation if you didn't used 2020 week yet and also 30 days for 2021, plus they simply close your access to your vistana.com account , because they are " in the process to close your account".
I'm very upset about it , especially the vistana.com.They didn' tell us this when we called first...
Hi, for the 2021 usage, do you know if we can just "bank" it with Interval or if we can "bank" it with Vistana? Do we have to actually reserve somewhere and not able to make changes? Thank you.

BBTMom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, for the 2021 usage, do you know if we can just "bank" it with Interval or if we can "bank" it with Vistana? Do we have to actually reserve somewhere and not able to make changes? Thank you.

FYI - I called the Resell Department to clarify and they said:
1. I can make a reservation with those 2021 SO. Same cancellation and change policies will apply like any regular Vistana reservation. When the deedback process is closed to completion, online access for that particular deedback property will no longer be available. So changes/cancellations will need to be made over the phone.
2. I can bank the 2021 SOs for future use. Same policy applies if I bank these SOs as regular SOs.
3. I can bank my 2021 usage with Interval.

Last edited:

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
After much consideration, we are deeding back both our Princeville weeks. We have owned there since 2007 after foolishly buying from the developer.

We love the Princeville resort but our needs have changed, it does not rent well and the MF are very high at over $3,100. Covid has changed our outlook as well. We are retaining our WKOV OF Centers and Kierland Plat weeks as we use those more often, rent well, are mandatory resorts and have lower MF. We can always use Kierland options to visit Princeville for nearly any non holiday week.

What surprised me was that they offered us $6,500 for the annual week and half that for the EOY. That is more than you can sell them for in the open market, if you can sell them at all. It allows us to downsize our timeshare portfolio a bit. Each sellback has a $750 closing fee which is deducted from the sales price.

I asked what our other weeks were worth to deed back and wanted to share that info as well. I think these are way low.

WKOV OF Center-~$16,000
Kierland Plat 2 bedroom-~$4,000

The rep I dealt with was very pleasant and very knowledgeable. The deedback program is a separate Marriott division. They cannot see any usage info or reservations on their systems. You have 30 days to book your 2021 usage after you agree to the deed back and you cannot change usage dates, etc after the 30 day period. You also have to pay the 2021 MF prior to initiating the sellback process.

Last edited:

Meadowlark

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Princeville
I am glad I found this site and the last post is what I need

I have 2 full and 1 EOY at the princeville.

I will be happy to get out as the MF are huge for the 3 properties, even if I have to pay for 2021 - at least it will be over.

I will have a huge tax loss to use on my income tax against other capital gains.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I will have a huge tax loss to use on my income tax against other capital gains.
Uhhh, sad to say, but unless you bought this property strictly for business and rental purposes you can't write the losses off on your personal income tax.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Uhhh, sad to say, but unless you bought this property strictly for business and rental purposes you can't write the losses off on your personal income tax.

Correct, loss on the sale of a timeshare is treated the same as loss on the sale of one's home. It is not deductible and cannot be used to offset capital gains.