• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana to Abound Point Conversion Tracker

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what our print out came out to be.

Westin Flex 28.8:1
Sheraton Flex 34.26:1
WMH 47.01:1
SMV 47.4:1
SDO 3 Season 62.36:1
SDO 1-52 41:1
WLOR 24:1

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is what our print out came out to be.

Westin Flex 28.8:1
Sheraton Flex 34.26:1
WMH 47.01:1
SMV 47.4:1
SDO 3 Season 62.36:1
SDO 1-52 41:1
WLOR 24:1
Can you tell me what the resorts are that you own; season, unit size. Also not sure what SDO 3 Season 62 is.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Can you tell me what the resorts are that you own; season, unit size. Also not sure what SDO 3 Season 62 is.
Is it 62.36:1 as the conversion ratio? Would be a lower season deed then.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Could be. I have started to only track the points allocated to each week instead of also keeping track of the ratio conversions (except for Flex). One thing with Vistana and some of their legacy resorts is that seasons and StarOptions aren't all that clean. People can do the conversion math if they want. I think just tracking the points allocated to the week is cleaner.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Okay, I learned a Sheraton Vistana Villages-Key West 1BR Prime week is worth 1,400. At least they claimed mine would be worth 700 points and I own an EOY.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
So an island view Westin North lockoff is worth almost the same as oceanfront?

Are people paying to enroll their deeded weeks (not in options) into DC? What are they offering? I am curious, not really interested in doing it.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar

Are people paying to enroll their deeded weeks (not in options) into DC? What are they offering? I am curious, not really interested in doing it.

Not really.

Vistana value WKORVN OF at 19.3% over IV (176,700 v 148,100 SO) whilst Marriott are valuing OF at 34.3% over IV (8,325 v 6,200 Club Points) so I'd say there will be a significant advantage to using DC.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

I think they are saying the island view would be worth the same as ocean view.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Not really.

Vistana value WKORVN OF at 19.3% over IV (176,700 v 148,100 SO) whilst Marriott are valuing OF at 34.3% over IV (8,325 v 6,200 Club Points) so I'd say there will be a significant advantage to using DC.
My eyeballs saw the island view week 52 and thought it was the line for island view the rest of the year. It was old eyes.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
SDO 2 bed l/o 148100 options= 2375 Marriott pts.
SDO 1-52 2 bed l/o 81000 options = 1975 Marriott points.
The 148100 will never be converted. I was surprised at the WLOR conversion rate.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
SDO 2 bed l/o 148100 options= 2375 Marriott pts.
SDO 1-52 2 bed l/o 81000 options = 1975 Marriott points.
The 148100 will never be converted. I was surprised at the WLOR conversion rate.
Precisely. SDO True Platinum weeks that have been "qualified" will continue to use VSN or trade in II.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope everyone realizes that Staroptions are very straightforward. Marriott has the skim. If you own a week at Westin Ka'anapali and want to book a one bedroom and a studio, back-to-back weeks, you can do that with options. With DP, you cannot reserve the full 14 nights with a 2 bedroom lockoff at MM1, for example. The skim should keep a lot of you who are thinking about enrolling your weeks into Marriott. I won't do it, not my Mandatory Staroptions. I would consider enrolling my best Sheraton weeks, but they would have to offer me a great deal.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I hope everyone realizes that Staroptions are very straightforward. Marriott has the skim. If you own a week at Westin Ka'anapali and want to book a one bedroom and a studio, back-to-back weeks, you can do that with options. With DP, you cannot reserve the full 14 nights with a 2 bedroom lockoff at MM1, for example. The skim should keep a lot of you who are thinking about enrolling your weeks into Marriott. I won't do it, not my Mandatory Staroptions. I would consider enrolling my best Sheraton weeks, but they would have to offer me a great deal.
No matter how I tried to look Marriott Points and tried my best to like it, Marriott points just look sucks to me. Staroptions are just way better. I will keep using SOs until strange things happen to change my mind.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
From our meeting today. We are Sheraton Flex
d0442f23458fb7af737c8786e631f71d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Interesting. It doesn't have any kind of branding for Vistana on it so it looks like something they made themselves. The amounts in the right hand columns don't all use the 34.26 ratio. For example 1,000 club Points would be 34,260 options instead of the 35,000 listed. It makes one wonder if that part of the chart is actually showing the levels of StarOptions you will need to reach each elite level once they apply Marriott recognition levels to Vistana's program and replace the existing elite levels, with appropriate grandfathering. Interesting!

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Interesting. It doesn't have any kind of branding for Vistana on it so it looks like something they made themselves. The amounts in the right hand columns don't all use the 34.26 ratio. For example 1,000 club Points would be 34,260 options instead of the 35,000 listed. It makes one wonder if that part of the chart is actually showing the levels of StarOptions you will need to reach each elite level once they apply Marriott recognition levels to Vistana's program and replace the existing elite levels, with appropriate grandfathering. Interesting!
This is the problem that comes up when corporate doesn't provide the necessary tools or training to the sales staff. They start winging it and this is the result. Owners know StarOptions and sales staff seems to think comparing to StarOptions is the only way they can explain it. I suspect the amounts on the right are based on the 3*, 4*, 5* conversion that they are making to Executive, Presidential and Chairman's. Aren't those first three rows on the right the StarOption amounts for each of the 3*, 4* and 5*?

This was of course Flex and the term StarOptions should not have been used.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
This is the problem that comes up when corporate doesn't provide the necessary tools or training to the sales staff. They start winging it and this is the result. Owners know StarOptions and sales staff seems to think comparing to StarOptions is the only way they can explain it. I suspect the amounts on the right are based on the 3*, 4*, 5* conversion that they are making to Executive, Presidential and Chairman's. Aren't those first three rows on the right the StarOption amounts for each of the 3*, 4* and 5*?

I believe 3* currently starts at 159,000, 4* at 349,000 and 5* at 649,000, so based on that they don't align. If you work backwards from the club points using the ratio they had at the top, the calculations come close to the SOs listed in the left hand column so perhaps they were trying to do what you said and relate it to people in StarOptions in terms of how many you would need to own to achieve those levels. Of course this leaves out automatic Vistana elite level mapping which we know is based upon the levels above, but of course since this is a sales tool they don't want you thinking about that! Just how many you have to buy to hit the levels that they're listing.

Last edited:

chinh9

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have a document with the Marriott logo on it that shows Vistana 3 star elite is Executive, 4 star elite is Presidential and 5 star elite is Chairman level automatically. So I think somehow that chart almost means nothing because the threshold his easier that way than with points conversion. Unless maybe they combine your current Marriott DP's if to your conversion if you exchange your VOI's for DP's if you're an owner of both?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have a document with the Marriott logo on it that shows Vistana 3 star elite is Executive, 4 star elite is Presidential and 5 star elite is Chairman level automatically. So I think somehow that chart almost means nothing because the threshold his easier that way than with points conversion. Unless maybe they combine your current Marriott DP's if to your conversion if you exchange your VOI's for DP's if you're an owner of both?
I know others here don't agree, but I beleive the Vistana 3 star elite Executive, 4 star elite Presidential and 5 star elite Chairman is just there from the start as a "grandfathering" of Vistana levels into Marriott levels. I beleive that after rollout the combined Abound points someone has overall will determine their ownership benefit level. How else can it work long term when Vistana stops selling Flex products if someone who is a pure Vistana owner today buys Abound points in the future. The same would be true of owners in both systems today.

Alwaystravelling

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui ocean club, Marriott shadow ridge, Westin Kaanapali villas, Hyatt San Antonio, Williamsburg Plantation, Ocean Landings
It seems like a bad conversion rate for mandatory properties. As of now I can exchange my 2BR Vistana Bella platinum non-lockoff with 81,000 options for a 1BR at Westin Kaanapali. I won't get Anywhere near enough Marriott points to do that same conversion to any 1BR at any of the Hawaii properties......so forget it. It doesn't seem like much of a deal from what I'm reading.

chinh9

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know others here don't agree, but I beleive the Vistana 3 star elite Executive, 4 star elite Presidential and 5 star elite Chairman is just there from the start as a "grandfathering" of Vistana levels into Marriott levels. I beleive that after rollout the combined Abound points someone has overall will determine their ownership benefit level. How else can it work long term when Vistana stops selling Flex products if someone who is a pure Vistana owner today buys Abound points in the future. The same would be true of owners in both systems today.

So are you saying that the Vistana star levels will only matter once the merger happens for current elite star levels and then moving forward it’s only points based? Of course I know it’s not facts but what you think based on current intel. I’m sure same thing is happening with the grandfathering in of Bonvoy status too based on those star levels?