• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update on Wyndham's position on use of guest certificates 2020

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s probably a big reason why FL has their highest ever number of cases for the last 7 days. This is from the Washington Post:

“Since the start of June, 14 states and Puerto Rico have recorded their highest-ever seven-day average of new coronavirus cases since the pandemic began, according to data tracked by The Washington Post: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Mexico, North Carolina, Mississippi, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.”

14 states and Puerto Rico hit highest seven-day average of new coronavirus infections
With the spike in cases I wonder if Wyndham will let owners roll 2021 points over to 2022 if another shut down is eminent?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I have every respect for “them” in the world!! Your word not mine. Only one of us inserted race here!! It wasn’t me.
You would have to be blind if you think only one race was-is participating in the protest!!!

Yes, but by them, I meant all the protestors. What did you think I meant?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I spoke to a Wyndham agent who said that all guest confirmations, whether made by telephone or online would be honored. True???
Did this agent you spoke to try to sell you more points also?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, but by them, I meant all the protestors. What did you think I meant?
When you used the term “them” I interpreted that to mean one race in particular, because of the way it was used in your sentence. I would’ve used “the protesters “. I used “protests” in my first response, I didn’t reference “them” or a race

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s probably a big reason why FL has their highest ever number of cases for the last 7 days. This is from the Washington Post:

“Since the start of June, 14 states and Puerto Rico have recorded their highest-ever seven-day average of new coronavirus cases since the pandemic began, according to data tracked by The Washington Post: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Mexico, North Carolina, Mississippi, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.”

14 states and Puerto Rico hit highest seven-day average of new coronavirus infections
Could the rise in cases be due to lack of masks and social distancing, or the significant increase in testing (or both)? More testing would naturally lead to more confirmed cases. Personally, I would like to see whether there has been an increase in 7-day average of hospitalizations and deaths in these states. That could shed some light on whether the increase in cases is mainly due to more testing.

Another thing to consider: Georgia is not listed among this group. Their 7-day rolling average is down in new cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Yet, the governor of Georgia was highly criticized for reopening the state because some thought he reopened too early. So far he has been vindicated.

With that said, there are still many unknowns about Covid 19 and Wyndham is having to "navigate these waters" with great caution, and I appreciate that.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you used the term “them” I interpreted that to mean one race in particular, because of the way it was used in your sentence. I would’ve used “the protesters “. I used “protests” in my first response, I didn’t reference “them” or a race
“Statistics would indicate many protesters would fall in the vulnerable category“

My post was in response to the statement above. Since the ”vulnerable category” includes African-Americans and the elderly, and clearly most of the protesters aren’t elderly, it sounded to me as if you were saying the protestors are mostly African-American. It wasn’t clear which is why I said, “if that was your assertion”. I accept that you didn’t mean it that way but I still don’t know who you’re referring to when you say many protestors would fall in the ”vulnerable category“.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stanley please refrain from insulting or slandering someone's personal character. Unlike the way Wyndham tried to take advantage of you when you recinded there is no misinformation or Wyndham math involved when I make a deal. All deals I do are very transparent and both parties are satisfied. When you deal with people on the square and level like I have that is ussually the final out come.
Darn coincidences coincidences. A post looking for help & the next day you’re posting you just picked up a 1.4mil GD contract for free with all 2020 MFs paid.
Most post card companies would not let that contract go for $0 without at least trying eBay.
F44A6AA6-BF56-48DC-B429-3329503F1704.png
But I’ll take your word that the two are not connected

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
“Statistics would indicate many protesters would fall in the vulnerable category“

My post was in response to the statement above. Since the ”vulnerable category” includes African-Americans and the elderly, and clearly most of the protesters aren’t elderly, it sounded to me as if you were saying the protestors are mostly African-American. It wasn’t clear which is why I said, “if that was your assertion”. I accept that you didn’t mean it that way but I still don’t know who you’re referring to when you say many protestors would fall in the ”vulnerable category“.
Let’s call a truths!! Elderly are protesting, obesity etc. There’s a lot of vulnerable groups besides race.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Could the rise in cases be due to lack of masks and social distancing, or the significant increase in testing (or both)? More testing would naturally lead to more confirmed cases. Personally, I would like to see whether there has been an increase in 7-day average of hospitalizations and deaths in these states. That could shed some light on whether the increase in cases is mainly due to more testing.

Another thing to consider: Georgia is not listed among this group. Their 7-day rolling average is down in new cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Yet, the governor of Georgia was highly criticized for reopening the state because some thought he reopened too early. So far he has been vindicated.

With that said, there are still many unknowns about Covid 19 and Wyndham is having to "navigate these waters" with great caution, and I appreciate that.
I agree with you. We have a trip to Bonnet Creek planned for October. I’m really wanting to go but I also want to know that Wyndham and Disney are being very thorough.

Another thought I had about the list is that Florida is on the list despite firing the analyst a few weeks ago that refused to manipulate the data as the governor allegedly wanted her to.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I agree with you. We have a trip to Bonnet Creek planned for October. I’m really wanting to go but I also want to know that Wyndham and Disney are being very thorough.

Another thought I had about the list is that Florida is on the list despite firing the analyst a few weeks ago that refused to manipulate the data as the governor allegedly wanted her to.

The biggest health hazard I felt that I was subjected to at Bonnet Creek last week were the fumes from all the cleaning products lol

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
GC are being allowed starting June 15th. You'll also be happy to hear that they are giving owners exclusive access to Wyndham owned inventory that's normally for rentals. New email a few minutes ago.

Dear Richelle,

We know you count on us to help make your vacation dreams come true, and this summer is no different. I’m excited to share that this week marks an important milestone as we continue the phased reopening of your resorts. Doors are now open at more than 80 resorts. As guidelines across the country continue to ease, we expect to have about 130 resorts open by the end of June.

We continue adapting to state and local regulations as well as public health guidance to create a fun and safe vacation for you.

• We are working to reopen pools at most resorts. Specifics on the pool openings for each resort are available here.

• We will begin honoring guest reservations, beginning June 15, as occupancy allows. And, additional reservation types such as exchange and rental will soon be accommodated.

• We want to help owners get on vacation faster so we are making Wyndham-owned inventory, which is normally designated for rental and other uses, available exclusively to owners.

• We are prioritizing owner reservations and working to honor as many as possible. If your owner reservation is impacted, you have my commitment that our team will help you find another vacation opportunity.

• To help keep you and our associates safe, associates are thoroughly trained on enhanced health and safety protocols, and you'll notice them practicing social distancing around the resorts. Associates are also provided with personal protective equipment including face masks and temperatures are screened prior to reporting for work.

• During the temporary resort closures, we implemented our new Vacation Ready program, enhanced cleaning and safety measures to give you piece of mind while you’re on vacation.

• We recognize that COVID-19 has had a lasting impact on our lives, including how we vacation, so we have relaxed more than 30 club rules and policies to make vacation planning easier.

Thank you for trusting us with your vacations, this year and for a lifetime. Our doors are open and we’re ready to help you create your vacation memories.

Sincerely,

Geoff Richards
Chief Operating Officer
Wyndham Vacation Clubs

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
From Wyndham's COVID-19 site yesterday:

• When can I expect to send a guest on a reservation?

Since beginning our phased reopening efforts, we have been prioritizing owner reservations over all other reservation types. Beginning June 15, 2020, as we open for additional occupancy, we'll begin welcoming back guests of owners at resorts where there is availability.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Wyndham's COVID-19 site yesterday:

• When can I expect to send a guest on a reservation?

Since beginning our phased reopening efforts, we have been prioritizing owner reservations over all other reservation types. Beginning June 15, 2020, as we open for additional occupancy, we'll begin welcoming back guests of owners at resorts where there is availability.
It sounds like this is more an accommodation for those that bitched about no guest reservations than actually being able to confidently have the ability to guarantee that your guest will be able to go. The parameters have been set. Guests are still at the bottom of the barrel. Only when full occupancy occurs can you use guest certificates. I see no change in what Wyndham is doing except for the rental units given to owners first.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Darn coincidences coincidences. A post looking for help & the next day you’re posting you just picked up a 1.4mil GD contract for free with all 2020 MFs paid.
Most post card companies would not let that contract go for $0 without at least trying eBay.
View attachment 21876
But I’ll take your word that the two are not connected
Most post card companies make their money charging sellers $$$$ to relieve them from paying maintenance fees. Deals are a dime a dozen. This one wasn't free at $57 but with seller paying closing and transfer costs its pretty close.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

Most post card companies make their money charging sellers $$$$ to relieve them from paying maintenance fees. Deals are a dime a dozen. This one wasn't free at $57 but with seller paying closing and transfer costs its pretty close.
[/QUOTE]
You brought your 1.4mil contract into the conversation and call me cynical but something stinks really bad here!!!
1. You’ve posted on strategically timing a purchase so the eBay sale was hands down a better buy with all 2020 points. They’re paying you around $2,000 to take the contract.
2. Because you understand number 1. Your free contract is a terrible deal if you stated actual facts. You would’ve been better off to pay $2,500 for the same contract with this years points. You know better and this makes no sense especially since Wyndham is allowing the rollIng of this years points at anytime at no charge. You can do that even if you’re not VIP.
3. Since the 1.4mil is such a bad deal, how is it bad for the owner if it’s the contract the TUGGer has looking for help. It will cost about $3,000 extra in MFs and transfer costs than using Ovations. Add on top of that if they qualify for 3 years of points with $0 MFs. At $5 MF on 1.4mil points is $7,000 a year so another $21,000 the owner might miss out on. So this is costing the owner $3,000 to $24,000 Extra if this is your FREE contract.
4. Because this makes no sense I think @TUGBrian or moderator @ecwinch should verify your free contract. If you cost a TUGGer $3,000 to $24,000 looking for help I’ll let them decide what actions to take.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You brought your 1.4mil contract into the conversation and call me cynical but something stinks really bad here!!!
1. You’ve posted on strategically timing a purchase so the eBay sale was hands down a better buy with all 2020 points. They’re paying you around $2,000 to take the contract.
2. Because you understand number 1. Your free contract is a terrible deal if you stated actual facts. You would’ve been better off to pay $2,500 for the same contract with this years points. You know better and this makes no sense especially since Wyndham is allowing the rollIng of this years points at anytime at no charge. You can do that even if you’re not VIP.
3. Since the 1.4mil is such a bad deal, how is it bad for the owner if it’s the contract the TUGGer has looking for help. It will cost about $3,000 extra in MFs and transfer costs than using Ovations. Add on top of that if they qualify for 3 years of points with $0 MFs. At $5 MF on 1.4mil points is $7,000 a year so another $21,000 the owner might miss out on. So this is costing the owner $3,000 to $24,000 Extra if this is your FREE contract.
4. Because this makes no sense I think @TUGBrian or moderator @ecwinch should verify your free contract. If you cost a TUGGer $3,000 to $24,000 looking for help I’ll let them decide what actions to take.
[/QUOTE]
Stanley please refrain from insulting or slandering someone's personal character. Unlike the way Wyndham tried to take advantage of you when you recinded there is no misinformation or Wyndham math involved when I make a deal. All deals I do are very transparent and both parties are satisfied. When you deal with people on the square and level like I have that is ussually the final out come.
Stan no one mentioned cynical but your insinuations and slanderous comments need to stop. Only in your mind did someone take advantage of someone asking for help.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Stan no one mentioned cynical but your insinuations and slanderous comments need to stop. Only in your mind did someone take advantage of someone asking for help.
[/QUOTE]
Kind of sounds like an admission to me.
1. Did you cost a fellow TUGGer thousands to possibly over $25k looking for help? Could easily be over $25k if this years points are intact.
2. Did you purposely post false information trying to distract from the contract in question?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]
Kind of sounds like an admission to me.
1. Did you cost a fellow TUGGer thousands to possibly over $25k looking for help? Could easily be over $25k if this years points are intact.
2. Did you purposely post false information trying to distract from the contract in question?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the benefits of Ovations were fully told to the owner seeking help. Yea, that's the ticket!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the benefits of Ovations were fully told to the owner seeking help. Yea, that's the ticket!
Read the whole thread. I mentioned Ovations numerous times. I also recommended @Grammarhero to other posters that were looking to just walk away.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

Read the whole thread. I mentioned Ovations numerous times. I also recommended @Grammarhero to other posters that were looking to just walk away.
They obviously didn’t read it or understand it, if they did there was no reason for them to post looking for help. The more you post the more guilty you sound trying to justify yourself

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
They obviously didn’t read it or understand it, if they did there was no reason for them to post looking for help. The more you post the more guilty you sound trying to justify yourself
Like you didnt read or understand the developer purchased contract you rescinded after signing. Or maybe it was just a way of renegotiating what was said and agreed upon after you further researched the purchase and found out you were hoodwinked?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
maybe you two should take this little tiff to a private message. (or at least stop reporting each others posts)

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
maybe you two should take this little tiff to a private message. (or at least stop reporting each others posts)
No problem, I thought it would be important to you IF dgalati cost a fellow TUGGer say $20k but I guess you don’t care by your response.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I keep clicking on this thread hoping for a discussion about Wyndham Guest certs. Instead I see the non-stop bickering back and forth. Knock it off.