• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Two Bedroom Westin Mission Hills Review in Palm Desert Ca

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
About two hours east of Los Angeles sits the beautiful Westin Mission Hills Villas. It is next to the Westin Mission Hills Resort and Spa. You can get a day pass to go to the hotel. Check with the front desk for Pricing.

There are two pool Areas at the Westin Mission Hills Villas. The main pool area is large and includes a water slide, Kid pool, plus a large main pool surrounded by Cabanas and plenty of seating. The second pool is smaller and is more the adult pool. There is a fitness center onsite as well as grill areas. If you like golf, there is an amazing golf course as part of the complex.

Map of all my timeshare reviews

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. It looks like a nice resorts. The 'studio' side is definitely a lot nicer than MVC resorts and the grill on the balcony is a great bonus. I'm surprised the master bath is a standard tub and the shower soap containers appear to be smaller than I'd expect.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for posting. It looks like a nice resorts. The 'studio' side is definitely a lot nicer than MVC resorts and the grill on the balcony is a great bonus. I'm surprised the master bath is a standard tub and the shower soap containers appear to be smaller than I'd expect.
This is one of the great things about most Vistana "studio" sides. Many are actually a small 1BR, but even their studio unit have in room laundry, a small cooktop and even a dishwasher in the kitchen.

The master bath does have both a jetted tub and a walk-in shower. Those also looked to be the same size shower dispenser pumps that we had at Westin Kierland Villas last month. One of ours had actually fallen off the wall when we got into the unit. They are just using double sided foam sticky tape. Poor setup there. They needed anchor and screw.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the pathway to the Resort still blocked off? Interesting that you now have to get a day pass to use the nearby resort amenities for a price.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is one of the great things about most Vistana "studio" sides. Many are actually a small 1BR, but even their studio unit have in room laundry, a small cooktop and even a dishwasher in the kitchen.

The master bath does have both a jetted tub and a walk-in shower. Those also looked to be the same size shower dispenser pumps that we had at Westin Kierland Villas last month. One of ours had actually fallen off the wall when we got into the unit. They are just using double sided foam sticky tape. Poor setup there. They needed anchor and screw.
You are right. I missed the walk-in shower when I first viewed the video. The master bedroom appears to be smaller than the MVC's I've visited. The second bedroom makes up for it.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is one of the great things about most Vistana "studio" sides.

Or not, depends what you are looking for. I dislike the space being wasted myself as I generally am using 2 bedrooms. I don't need a kitchen and such things on the studio side, I just want a bedroom and a bathroom. While lockoffs are great for other purposes, many times we just want a true 2 bedroom villa. The villa would be even nicer without the wasted space. We're starting to like non lockoff places better these days.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Or not, depends what you are looking for. I dislike the space being wasted myself as I generally am using 2 bedrooms. I don't need a kitchen and such things on the studio side, I just want a bedroom and a bathroom. While lockoffs are great for other purposes, many times we just want a true 2 bedroom villa. The villa would be even nicer without the wasted space. We're starting to like non lockoff places better these days.
Good point, and is seems that the Westin resorts will have a point price that is a higher than comparable Marriott resorts in the area. Likely due to the added amenities. But spending those extra points doesn't make sense if you eon't be using the amenities anyway.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point, and is seems that the Westin resorts will have a point price that is a higher than comparable Marriott resorts in the area. Likely due to the added amenities. But spending those extra points doesn't make sense if you eon't be using the amenities anyway.

Yeah, that's my thought. For me, the Westins there are inferior anyway so certainly wouldn't pay more for them. But it's subjective of course so many other views I am sure! I do still stay at them each year now to move around while at DSV, but I reserve them (1 BR) using 1000 points via DC exchange. The only thing I like at the Westins are the towels. Far better!

If you actually wanted a studio, sure, they are nice.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on Abound points allotment, from high to low: Desert Willow, Desert Springs I and Mission Hills.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Based on Abound points allotment, from high to low: Desert Willow, Desert Springs I and Mission Hills.
Has anyone reported the Platinum Plus (148K) Abound point allotment for Mission Hills? I am not seeing it on the tracking sheet. I am not seeing any unit or season where we have all three numbers for all these resorts.

Westin Desert Willow 2BR Plat Plus = 3,725
Desert Springs Villas 2BR Red = 3,225
Mission Hills 2BR Plat Plus = 3150
Shadow Ridge-Villages 2BR Platinum = 3,075
Desert Springs Villas II 2BR Red = 2,900

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone reported the Platinum Plus (148K) Abound point allotment for Mission Hills? I am not seeing it on the tracking sheet. I am not seeing any unit or season where we have all three numbers for all these resorts.
WMH 2BR Plat Plus 3150

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
WMH 2BR Plat Plus 3150
Thanks, I updated my the tracking sheet and my post above. It seems only DSV I has a premium above WMH (and not by much) the other two Marriott's are at the bottom. Odd that they assigned fewer points to DSVII back in 2010. Was that because of the hotel Spa access? There seem to be thoughts about that going away and I am not sure it is worth more points. Perhaps the larger studio or more square footage is what garners it more points?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
About two hours east of Los Angeles sits the beautiful Westin Mission Hills Villas. It is next to the Westin Mission Hills Resort and Spa. You can get a day pass to go to the hotel. Check with the front desk for Pricing.

There are two pool Areas at the Westin Mission Hills Villas. The main pool area is large and includes a water slide, Kid pool, plus a large main pool surrounded by Cabanas and plenty of seating. The second pool is smaller and is more the adult pool. There is a fitness center onsite as well as grill areas. If you like golf, there is an amazing golf course as part of the complex.

Map of all my timeshare reviews

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Curious as to why this is in the Marriott forum and not Vistana?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I updated my the tracking sheet and my post above. It seems only DSV I has a premium above WMH (and not by much) the other two Marriott's are at the bottom. Odd that they assigned fewer points to DSVII back in 2010. Was that because of the hotel Spa access? There seem to be thoughts about that going away and I am not sure it is worth more points. Perhaps the larger studio or more square footage is what garners it more points?
I think both square footage as will as features. DSV I has fireplace in the 1BR side, and the studio has both a walk-in shower and a separate bathtub.