• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Okay, I asked to see them. Sure enough Marriott wanted these two units back. I knew it was way to low of a price, maybe I should of paid full ask, which was still very low price, so I'm not sure it would of passed. Hard to balance a great deal and still pass ROFR :-( Marriott made out like a bandit on this deal.

Be sure and enter it on ROFR.net. We know the ROFR office is open, but no real sense of how much they'll spend...other than at least $2000. ;-). Really surprised they took it.

5infam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bummer that they exercised on you 6scoops!! I just signed an agreement to purchase a EOYO week at MOC today, going to ROFR tomorrow. Hoping to hear back soon and will update. Wish me luck!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is an ongoing trend or not but it appears as if Marriott is now back to buying ROFR points again. During the height of the Covid-19 they were allowing points to slip thru for as little as 76 cents per point.

5infam

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is an ongoing trend or not but it appears as if Marriott is now back to buying ROFR points again. During the height of the Covid-19 they were allowing points to slip thru for as little as 76 cents per point.

Looks like points and weeks based on the previous post. Maybe what appears to be a no ROFR window has closed? Could be they are still buying under a certain dollar amount per resort/point, or this could be the return to normal. Received confirmation just now that the week I am trying to buy was submitted for ROFR and should get an answer this week. I guess the ROFR team is making decisions once a week, so we will see what happens.

Camcart

Reaction score
Is it possible for a non-owner to buy re-sale points to get into MVC, or is that limited to people that currently are owners and have points already?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Is it possible for a non-owner to buy re-sale points to get into MVC, or is that limited to people that currently are owners and have points already?
You can buy resale as a non-owner, pay the $3/point "enrollment" fee, and you'll be just like the rest of us. :)

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Just a thought, but I would assume most selling points are getting out of Marriott, would there be any value in adding the new buyer to the existing account as co-owners and then remove the original owner to avoid the enrollment fee ?

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Looks like points and weeks based on the previous post. Maybe what appears to be a no ROFR window has closed? Could be they are still buying under a certain dollar amount per resort/point, or this could be the return to normal. Received confirmation just now that the week I am trying to buy was submitted for ROFR and should get an answer this week. I guess the ROFR team is making decisions once a week, so we will see what happens.

Given that many of the resorts have reopened and so have many sales offices, it is possible they have restarted limited ROFR to keep the points inventory pipeline within their target range. I suspect sales are still depressed, so would not expect business as usual ROFR, but it is not surprising that they may be sticking their toes back into the ROFR waters. They announce second quarter earnings on Wednesday, so there may be some details offered in their 9am Thursday conference call with analysts.

5infam

TUG Member
Reaction score
So just heard back from Marriott that they waived their ROFR on an every other year - odd years, 2 bedroom, Platinum season, Ocean Front, Napili towers at Maui Ocean Club. I was very worried with recent reports that ROFR was back in full force, but maybe the price is too high for them to buy it back. Who knows. We are not reimbursing for this years maintenance fees, but are paying all closing costs. Sales price is $10K even.

The transfer agent helping us out told us that the ROFR department is working 1 day a week, on Wednesdays. We submitted it yesterday morning, and the seller received the waiver letter via e mail today. Fastest ROFR process I have ever been a party to.

I also posted this on ROFR.net

5infam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome price, particularly considering the lowest 2BR OF annual in the old towers I'm aware of was $18K or a bit less, circa 2017; and that 2BR OF annuals have been locked at $30K until they stopped ROFR in April.
Thank you and special thanks for the referral, Paul has been great so far! I figured that pre-COVID price would be about $14 or $15k or so for this, so we have enough equity so to speak to whether a bad economy drop and still retain value if we had to sell. But who knows what is coming next. A year from now, it may look like I overpaid. ‍

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Thank you and special thanks for the referral, Paul has been great so far! I figured that pre-COVID price would be about $14 or $15k or so for this, so we have enough equity so to speak to whether a bad economy drop and still retain value if we had to sell. But who knows what is coming next. A year from now, it may look like I overpaid. ‍

Not likely...use it two times, or even rent it and you're golden.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Marriott's Grand Chateau: 3BR EOYE, $2000, passed. Submitted last week, waived 4 days later. Entered info on rofr.net.

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be sure and enter it on ROFR.net. We know the ROFR office is open, but no real sense of how much they'll spend...other than at least $2000. ;-). Really surprised they took it.
I'll add it by tomorrow. I'm bummed, would love to get into an Ocean Front unit at Oceana Palms.
Bummer that they exercised on you 6scoops!! I just signed an agreement to purchase a EOYO week at MOC today, going to ROFR tomorrow. Hoping to hear back soon and will update. Wish me luck!
So glad you got it!! Hoping to get to MOC next year, it looks amazing. Congrats

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott's Grande Ocean - GOLD Oceanfront - $4,950 total (with $100 closing included) - FAILED, as Marriott exercised ROFR

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Marriott's Grande Ocean - GOLD Oceanfront - $4,950 total (with $100 closing included) - FAILED, as Marriott exercised ROFR
Certainly sounds like MVC is re-engaging, especially at resorts where they want more inventory, and on deals like this where price is likely half of pre-Covid resale pricing.

Last edited:

Jandk2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista Orlando
Beachplace Towers Ft. Lauderdale
Marriott BeachPlace Gold EOY $26 (closing included) PASSED ROFR. :) I will add to ROFR.com. It was submitted to Marriott on 7/30 and heard back today from the broker that it passed.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Certainly sounds like MVC is re-engaging, especially at resorts where they want more inventory, and on deals like this where price is likely half of pre-Covid resale pricing.
:(

nycjimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Manor Club Sequel, Marriott Summit Watch
Manor Club platinum week failed. $100 purchased price. I was planning to use it for trading.

Reaction score
I bought two Ko Olina 2B Oceanview odd year units for $4,500 and $5,300. Passed ROFR in early and late June. Wondering how good of a deal did I get?

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I bought two Ko Olina 2B Oceanview odd year units for $4,500 and $5,300. Passed ROFR in early and late June. Wondering how good of a deal did I get?

I think that’s good considering what people like me paid Marriott for them which was about $20,000 more.

rlewismail

Reaction score
We were ROFRed on 2500 pts for $2500 twice back to back July/August. Now under contract @ $1.50 a point. We'll see how it goes.