• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there years ago and my one complaint was that they did not have an oven...Only the convection/microwave.

I am glad to see they changed that

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any update on the opening of the 1 Hotel?
I wonder if WPORV will once again run shuttles to the hotel when it opens.
Are the shuttles taking guests anywhere at this time?

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
I had no idea the studios have king beds. That makes a lot of difference to me. Those studios are so well equipped that I can stay there and not feel cramped with just the two of us.
I like the studios.... I do a lot of cooking on the grills and don't spend a lot of time in the room unless I am sleeping. I can stay 20% longer in a studio than a one bedroom for the same points.... Just my preference... The one bedroom is amazing... The studios have a similar walk in shower as the one bedroom.

mindy35

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

say's "Sprouting Fall 2022". I saw someplace that they are accepting reservations for stays starting 9/2022

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there in October, the shuttle was not running, as far as I could tell. Re: the 1Hotel: the information on the website gave me the impression that it will be an extremely high-end hotel. I, too, have been wondering if they will have the shuttle go to their beach after the construction. In Hawaii supposedly you cannot limit access to the beach but this new hotel looks very exclusive and I would imagine that they would not welcome Westin people. Just my opinion.

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I

say's "Sprouting Fall 2022". I saw someplace that they are accepting reservations for stays starting 9/2022
I would like to know what Vistana did with that line item expense. That had to cost a good amount to run that shuttle with gas, payroll, insurance etc. Did we get any money taken off off our maintenance fees since they haven’t had an operating shuttle since COVID. They should have run a shuttle down to Anini or Hanalei a number of times a day. We spent a good amount of time at Puu Poa Beach in front of the resort. We haven’t used our Princeville villa in quite awhile but I hope to return soon. I know anybody can walk down the stairs to access the beach. We used it last summer when we stayed at my folks Pali Ke Kia condo. The beach was in kind of rough shape Even though Hanalei Bay Resort uses it.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were their in January of 2021, no Westin shuttles were in operation. Four, possiblly five of them (never realized they had that many) were parked tightly together in the uncovered parking lot just west of the front enterance to the lobby/office. We walked to the construction site of the former Princeville Hotel and took the stairs down to the beach. It was an eerie sight (and site)- like a page out of the novel On The Beach. We were the only people on the beach for the entire time we were there. The view toward the shell of the hotel was ugly. Gone were the manicured sand and lawn with rows of loungers, umbrella, and food stations, much of them buldozed haphazardly into the swimming pools. None of this could detract from the unspoiled view toward the ocean and over Puff toward Bali Hai. Looking forward to getting back!
I agree that it is unlikely that Westin guests will have special privileges at the new hotel like they had previously. However, the public will continue to have access to the sand beach infront of the hotel as they have in the past.