• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
The papers you signed to buy the timeshare points

Be sure that any buyer who signed the purchase documents also sign the rescission documents. Send it via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL.

Retain all copies of all documents and be sure to save your Postmarked receipt (which proves you mailed it in a timely manner).

They don't have to acknowledge receipt, but they do have to act on it. Allow up to 45 days for your refund.

aaronbokc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen for now
Certified Letter sent-- I may send another one too since after I paid he said it would arrive on Saturday.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Certified Letter sent-- I may send another one too since after I paid he said it would arrive on Saturday.

Does NOT matter WHEN it is delivered. The key is your Postmarked date on your receipt.

It may not arrive for weeks, but the important thing is WHEN you mailed it, i.e. date of Postmark.

Wingo99

Reaction score
I will be sending my letter to rescind in the morning. The template mentions sending back all of the promotional material... does that mean I need to send back the cheap orange bag and the 2 points books (RCI and BG) I was also given 2 stupid vouchers for a week at an RCI property for like 250 -- that was part of my deal.
I never sent them back, I just sent back any vouchers, ID cards, etc. The book and bag, no I didn't and they didn't take the cost out of my refund.

By the way, congratulations on being able to rescind in time. I did the same, had no intention on signing up and somehow did. Moment of weakness. I just got my down payment back and I'm clear of this terrible decision. It feels wonderful. I'm sure you do too when you look at all the cash your going to save.

kcora

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Is it the same process for cancelling the Bluegreen Vacation "Getaway" for 3 days? I was not told this was a timeshare presentation package - I specially asked and the saleswoman said it was not. I am old, on Social Security and do not meet the minimum income requirements for the timeshare presentation. Since it was misrepresented, I just want to cancel and get my money back. I hope it's okay to post this here.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it the same process for cancelling the Bluegreen Vacation "Getaway" for 3 days? I was not told this was a timeshare presentation package - I specially asked and the saleswoman said it was not. I am old, on Social Security and do not meet the minimum income requirements for the timeshare presentation. Since it was misrepresented, I just want to cancel and get my money back. I hope it's okay to post this here.

You likely can call and cancel your "Getaway" package.

Personally? I assume you are receiving that Getaway at a very reasonable rate. I would take it, enjoy it, and just tell them that you have no intentions of buying during your two hour meeting with them. Just say "NO" when you meet with them.

Enjoy your vacation Getaway and no reason to be stressed out.

Jhuertas90

Reaction score
Hi everyone! We managed to cancel our blue green vacations on time. We received the refund from them. But my question is, do we get to keep the gifts? They gave us a carnival cruise pass and two hotel vouchers. I wasn’t sure if we get to keep them or if those were forfeited when we canceled.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hi everyone! We managed to cancel our blue green vacations on time. We received the refund from them. But my question is, do we get to keep the gifts? They gave us a carnival cruise pass and two hotel vouchers. I wasn’t sure if we get to keep them or if those were forfeited when we canceled.
Were they gifts for attending the presentation or were they gifts for purchasing? If they were the incentive to attend the presentation then they are your to keep. If they were bonuses thrown in for buying then they were likely voided.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Yes. You loose the perks

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Mandizzle

Reaction score
Thank you all for the amazing insight into the recission process!

My husband and I signed a contract with Bluegreen Saturday (08/07) in Myrtle Beach. I went through some docs today and started digging through the resort offerings and points matrix only to find the amount of points we purchased, alongside the resorts we’d need expensive travel for were definitely not what was presented. We decided to scrap it as I’ve had some serious buyers remorse and nagging anxieties the past few days since signing.

I overnighted the letter today because I thought the letter had to be received in 5 days, not postmarked within. Should I send another copy certified and requiring signature tomorrow morning? I did overnight without signature bc the postal clerk informed me that due to covid, many businesses are not signing for mail and it doesn’t necessarily mean the individual signed for the docs. I’m obviously concerned either way. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hopefully this will workout and we’ll save $16000+ on 6000 annual points.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

My husband and I signed a contract with Bluegreen Saturday (08/07) in Myrtle Beach. I went through some docs today and started digging through the resort offerings and points matrix only to find the amount of points we purchased, alongside the resorts we’d need expensive travel for were definitely not what was presented. We decided to scrap it as I’ve had some serious buyers remorse and nagging anxieties the past few days since signing.

I overnighted the letter today because I thought the letter had to be received in 5 days, not postmarked within. Should I send another copy certified and requiring signature tomorrow morning? I did overnight without signature bc the postal clerk informed me that due to covid, many businesses are not signing for mail and it doesn’t necessarily mean the individual signed for the docs. I’m obviously concerned either way. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

If you're going to sleep better than go ahead and do it again via Certified Mail. It won't hurt at all, and it's not expensive to do in light of the fact you will be saving thousands of dollars for the rest of your life.

They don't need to notify you of the status of your rescission, but they do have to act on it. You will know (via tracking) when your rescission arrives and you can expect a refund within 45 days (if not sooner).

Smart move to rescind. Now look at the resale market for your next purchase.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

You can send certified again but don’t require signature, unless the contract rescission instructions specifically requested so. If a person refuses to sign, that may be a problem. Best of luck!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).

Smart move to rescind. We've owned 10,000 annual BG developer purchased points for 20 years. We mainly use Bonus Time and trade the points through RCI since most BG resorts require more points for the size unit and time of year we'd like to go.

Reaction score
We purchased on Tuesday August 10th 2021 in Las Vegas, we have changed our mind we were told we had 5 business days but looking at the paperwork it says calendar days. I sent my letter today Monday August 16 certified with return receipt now I am supper nervous that I got it in on time. I am totally stressed that it won't be accepted

Last edited:

GotComplacent

Reaction score
Sent a letter to blue green to rescind, but on usps it said it’s available for pick up?! does that mean I’m in limbo? Will this get settled?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sent a letter to blue green to rescind, but on usps it said it’s available for pick up?! does that mean I’m in limbo? Will this get settled?
That just means it's sitting in their P.O. box. You're fine as long as the postmark is inside the rescission period. Don't stress. They MUST process it.

GotComplacent

Reaction score
That just means it's sitting in their P.O. box. You're fine as long as the postmark is inside the rescission period. Don't stress. They MUST process it.

Thank You for the clarification i really appreciate the work you are doing on this forum!

also there was 2 addresses on my paper work 1 in boca ratón and another in Orlando
I sent a letter to both.

Last edited:

Kris10

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried doing this whole process at all after the 10 day rescission time and had any luck ? :( Purchased on 9/5 and sending out today 9/22
I feel so silly for falling into this and not doing my research til too late.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried doing this whole process at all after the 10 day rescission time and had any luck ? :( Purchased on 9/5 and sending out today 9/22
I feel so silly for falling into this and not doing my research til too late.
It's unlikely to work, but hey, it only costs some postage to try. Meanwhile stick around TUG and learn the best ways to maximize your timeshare use. Welcome to TUG!

Jim

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank You for the clarification i really appreciate the work you are doing on this forum!

also there was 2 addresses on my paper work 1 in boca ratón and another in Orlando
I sent a letter to both.
@GotComplacent We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing the sale price amount? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame or shaming.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I sent a letter to both.
@GotComplacent We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing the sale price amount? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame or shaming.

jilleh91

Reaction score
So thankful I found this website! We (stupidly) bought a bluegreen timeshare this past Saturday (10/30/2021), and by midnight that night were googling and regretting our decision. We ended up following OPs template and typing up a letter of rescission which we got notarized and sent out on Monday (11/1/2021) via priority mail express (i.e. overnighted) with signature required and return receipt. It is now Thursday (11/3/2021), and my tracking information says it's still in transit and hasn't even made it to Florida yet. I know all the previous posts says it just needs to be postmarked within the 15 day rescission period, and I have my USPS receipt, but I'm still freaking out that its going to get lost in the mail and not actually make it there. I also feel like I should call them to notify them of the incoming letter, but I also know in the past, you've said not to call.... Any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated!