• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
we searched, found this forum as well as others and wrote the letter that night. Had the front desk print it in the morning and we sent it off certified. They received it today. Now we wait.
There are two parts to a rescission. You have done all that is required. You sent your letter by certified mail so you have proof you did your part. Now Bluegreen has to do their part and cancel the contract. It's the law. There's no need to contact them again.

Joshwsimp

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
As long as you sent certified to the rescission address and signed by whoever also signed the TS contact, you are good. Calling won’t help.

Thank you! Just get worked up sometimes. I will wait.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m nervous. Should I send out a second letter just in case or call to make sure or just sit back and try to relax bc it’s the law.

@Grammarhero is correct; be patient.

As long as you did everything correctly you will be all set. They don't have to notify you that they are processing your paperwork, however they do have to abide by the law and cancel the contract!

Remember; it may take as long as 45 days to receive a refund.

reneemarie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Hello there! I unfortunately agreed on purchasing a Bluegreen package on September 5th, 2020 on a Saturday in the Savannah, Georgia location. I also live in the state of Georgia. I understand Georgia rescission laws are 7 days except holidays and Sundays. Today is Sunday September 13th and I am now realizing I need to step away from this deal and exercise my right. I understand that I have to go to USPS certified tomorrow. I have signed paperwork showing 7 days except holidays and Sundays but they put in the document 05SEP20 to 13SEP20 where I signed but this would be incorrect because 7 days would be 9/15/20 right? Am I screwed or do I still have a chance sending it tomorrow? They did not account for Sundays and that Monday 09/07/20 was Labor day which is a federal holiday.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Hello there! I unfortunately agreed on purchasing a Bluegreen package on September 5th, 2020 on a Saturday in the Savannah, Georgia location. I also live in the state of Georgia. I understand Georgia rescission laws are 7 days except holidays and Sundays. Today is Sunday September 13th and I am now realizing I need to step away from this deal and exercise my right. I understand that I have to go to USPS certified tomorrow. I have signed paperwork showing 7 days except holidays and Sundays but they put in the document 05SEP20 to 13SEP20 where I signed but this would be incorrect because 7 days would be 9/15/20 right? Am I screwed or do I still have a chance sending it tomorrow? They did not account for Sundays and that Monday 09/07/20 was Labor day which is a federal holiday.
Where in GA do you live?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
How much was the contract for? You may want to see if there is a 24 hour post office near you, or a post office that has automated certified mail to drop off. Others may know if priority would work just as well as certified since you do get a tracking number.

reneemarie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
How much was the contract for? You may want to see if there is a 24 hour post office near you, or a post office that has automated certified mail to drop off. Others may know if priority would work just as well as certified since you do get a tracking number.

Contract is a little over $12000 for 5000 points annually. There are no locations that I can go to on Sunday to get a certified tracking number. Can they legally say September 13th even though that would not be 7 days like Georgia law states?

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Contract is a little over $12000 for 5000 points annually. There are no locations that I can go to on Sunday to get a certified tracking number. Can they legally say September 13th even though that would not be 7 days like Georgia law states?
Best do it today even if you have to drive hours away. You never want to fight with TS lawyers, who are well-compensated. You are asking for legal advice, which only GA attorneys can give you.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
If Atlanta GA location is 24 hours and can send certified for today I’d say the drive is worth 12K. They specified dates on the contract, I wouldn’t mess with that but hats just me.

reneemarie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
. You are asking for legal advice, which only GA attorneys can give you.

I suppose but it states that,
"I hereby acknowledge that I have receied .... and this addendum on 9/5/20 (date) and I understand that my right to cancel any sales agreement to purchase a time-share interval expires on 9/13/20 (date) , which is seven (7) days, Sundays and Holidays Excepted, After signing any sales agreement or Seven (7) days, Sundays and Holidays excepted, after receipt of the multi-site public offering statement, whichever is later. The dates were manually wrote down on the paper and not typed. This still does not equal Sundays and holidays excepted though. Whoever filled it in neglected labor day as a federal holiday. I am going to send it tomorrow because the only Atlanta facility showing opened today says they are not opened when I call their number. I will update my status as I find out.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I suppose but it states that,
"I hereby acknowledge that I have receied .... and this addendum on 9/5/20 (date) and I understand that my right to cancel any sales agreement to purchase a time-share interval expires on 9/13/20 (date) , which is seven (7) days, Sundays and Holidays Excepted, After signing any sales agreement or Seven (7) days, Sundays and Holidays excepted, after receipt of the multi-site public offering statement, whichever is later. The dates were manually wrote down on the paper and not typed. This still does not equal Sundays and holidays excepted though. Whoever filled it in neglected labor day as a federal holiday. I am going to send it tomorrow because the only Atlanta facility showing opened today says they are not opened when I call their number. I will update my status as I find out.
Best of luck. Really hope it works out for you. Keep us posted

Wingo99

Reaction score
This thread alone saved my wife and I thousands!!!!!!! I know this was started a few years ago, but I just had to express my gratitude for it! We followed the template for the rescinding letter and were within the 10 day cool off period. I just hope I did everything right. I'll be nervous till I get some confirmation that it was successful.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
This thread alone saved my wife and I thousands!!!!!!! I know this was started a few years ago, but I just had to express my gratitude for it! We followed the template for the rescinding letter and were within the 10 day cool off period. I just hope I did everything right. I'll be nervous till I get some confirmation that it was successful.
Welcome to TUG & we're so glad you found us in time to rescind. Keep in mind that you may not hear anything from them and your refund to your credit card could take up to 45 days, but it usually doesn't take that long. They are bound by law to honor your rescission when it's done within the stated time period. Be sure to keep your receipt from the post office if you sent your letter by certified mail because the most important thing is the ability to prove that you rescinded in time.

Wingo99

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG & we're so glad you found us in time to rescind. Keep in mind that you may not hear anything from them and your refund to your credit card could take up to 45 days, but it usually doesn't take that long. They are bound by law to honor your rescission when it's done within the stated time period. Be sure to keep your receipt from the post office if you sent your letter by certified mail because the most important thing is the ability to prove that you rescinded in time.
Only thing I did that was apparently pretty weird and not normal was paying the deposit by check. Should have used a credit card I suppose, but I usually don't use one. Oh yes, I have my usps paperwork safely put away!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Only thing I did that was apparently pretty weird and not normal was paying the deposit by check. Should have used a credit card I suppose, but I usually don't use one. Oh yes, I have my usps paperwork safely put away!
We hope your rescission and deposit refund are successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Wingo99

Reaction score
We hope your rescission and deposit refund are successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.
Provided it works out like it's supposed to, 16,000 on the purchase price. Not including any interest.

Elle_Cee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Hi everyone! im so glad I found you guys the night of purchase! so we signed the paper work which they pressured us to and i dont know how i was suckered to signed it. So we bought it on the 23rd of this month, overnight the letters and package out their owner guide on the 25th 8am. I didnt do certified mail so i wanted to be sure and mailed another one on certified mail. Copy of rescission letter also included in the owner package. It was shown as DELIVERED on the overnight letter. here is the copy of the letter i based off the samples.

February 25, 2018

Name
address

To: Bluegreen Resorts

Contract reference number: XXXX

Attention customer service,

This letter is to inform you that we want to exercise our right of rescission to cancel our timeshare contract immediately that was purchased on February 24 of 2018 at the Bluegreen Vacation Preview Center in Savannah, Georgia, contract reference number XXXX, in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia. We want a full refund of the initial deposit amount of $XXXX that was paid with a visa card ending with XXXX. We also do not authorize any future additional charges to our bank account or credit card.

All items that were given to us from the purchase of timeshare are included in this package along with the cruise certificate benefit.

Sincerely,
signed both of our names.

I have been so stressed that it is not even funny. I wanted to hear from you guys that rescinded bluegreen and how it went. I just need some words of comfort. found posts that said they refunded money and cancelled the contract but im just so worried. Thank you for responding to my cry!
Thank you for this. I lost much sleep over this and googled myself right to this forum and to this thread. Copied and pasted this letter with a line from another person's post and off to the post office I flew. Many thanks.

Elle_Cee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Question. The cancelation policy said we have 5 days to cancel. We signed Saturday at noon. My certified registered receipt returned letter was postmarked Wednesday 11:58am. I overnighted it and the post office said it will be there Thursday by 3pm. I made the required phone call to Bluegreen Wednesday morning. However, the girl on the phone said it needed to be there Wednesday. No matter how many times I counted that was 4 days. Lol. Do you think I'm ok? Thank you :)

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Question. The cancelation policy said we have 5 days to cancel. We signed Saturday at noon. My certified registered receipt returned letter was postmarked Wednesday 11:58am. I overnighted it and the post office said it will be there Thursday by 3pm. I made the required phone call to Bluegreen Wednesday morning. However, the girl on the phone said it needed to be there Wednesday. No matter how many times I counted that was 4 days. Lol. Do you think I'm ok? Thank you :)
How much was the contract for? We like to count the dollars TUG saved members! Glad you found us.

did you save proof? If you sent it certified USPS and saved the proof of postmark you should be ok. It doesn’t matter when they receive it, it’s when it’s postmarked that counts.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Pay NO attention to that girl behind the telephone curtain. Your rescission letter must be Postmarked within five days in order for it to be cancelled. It may get lost and not show up for a month, but that does not matter as long as you have your Postmarked receipt showing you mailed it in a timely manner.

Now, Bluegreen need not acknowledge receipt of your rescission, but they MUST act on it, and you will likely receive your refund within 45 days.

By the way, the Post Office should have provided you with a tracking number, so you will know when the rescission letter actually does arrive!

Sit back, relax, and go out and celebrate. :cheer::banana::hi::wave:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Pay NO attention to that girl behind the telephone curtain. Your rescission letter must be Postmarked within five days in order for it to be cancelled. It may get lost and not show up for a month, but that does not matter as long as you have your Postmarked receipt showing you mailed it in a timely manner.

Now, Bluegreen need not acknowledge receipt of your rescission, but they MUST act on it, and you will likely receive your refund within 45 days.

By the way, the Post Office should have provided you with a tracking number, so you will know when the rescission letter actually does arrive!

Sit back, relax, and go out and celebrate. :cheer::banana::hi::wave:

@Elle_Cee what he said!

Elle_Cee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
How much was the contract for? We like to count the dollars TUG saved members! Glad you found us.

did you save proof? If you sent it certified USPS and saved the proof of postmark you should be ok. It doesn’t matter when they receive it, it’s when it’s postmarked that counts.
$18,225.00 plus $139.00 club dues annually and $658.00 maintenance fee. Which, oh by the way only goes up 1% annually. Thanks for your help. Really
P.S. I saved proof and got notification the letter is in FLA waiting to be picked up.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$18,225.00 plus $139.00 club dues annually and $658.00 maintenance fee. Which, oh by the way only goes up 1% annually. Thanks for your help. Really
P.S. I saved proof and got notification the letter is in FLA waiting to be picked up.
@Elle_Cee Bluegreen is a great program. You can buy points with charter benefits from Pinnacle Vacations for under 4K(small contract) and then buy resale points without benefits for pennies for the amount you want. Because all points will have those benefits. Do some research. Yes. Maint fees go up every year. BG is fairly conservative.

And enjoy your timeshare vacations.

Elle_Cee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
@Elle_Cee Bluegreen is a great program. You can buy points with charter benefits from Pinnacle Vacations for under 4K(small contract) and then buy resale points without benefits for pennies for the amount you want. Because all points will have those benefits. Do some research. Yes. Maint fees go up every year. BG is fairly conservative.

And enjoy your timeshare vacations.
I just got rid of it. Lol

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just got rid of it. Lol
I know.

I responded to you above.

I am suggesting you take a look at other ways to (cheaply) acquire a BG ownership.