• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

ppdaazn23

Reaction score
Hi everyone! im so glad I found you guys the night of purchase! so we signed the paper work which they pressured us to and i dont know how i was suckered to signed it. So we bought it on the 23rd of this month, overnight the letters and package out their owner guide on the 25th 8am. I didnt do certified mail so i wanted to be sure and mailed another one on certified mail. Copy of rescission letter also included in the owner package. It was shown as DELIVERED on the overnight letter. here is the copy of the letter i based off the samples.

February 25, 2018

Name
address

To: Bluegreen Resorts

Contract reference number: XXXX

Attention customer service,

This letter is to inform you that we want to exercise our right of rescission to cancel our timeshare contract immediately that was purchased on February 24 of 2018 at the Bluegreen Vacation Preview Center in Savannah, Georgia, contract reference number XXXX, in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia. We want a full refund of the initial deposit amount of $XXXX that was paid with a visa card ending with XXXX. We also do not authorize any future additional charges to our bank account or credit card.

All items that were given to us from the purchase of timeshare are included in this package along with the cruise certificate benefit.

Sincerely,
signed both of our names.

I have been so stressed that it is not even funny. I wanted to hear from you guys that rescinded bluegreen and how it went. I just need some words of comfort. found posts that said they refunded money and cancelled the contract but im just so worried. Thank you for responding to my cry!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
so glad you found us in time! you just saved a fortune!

no need to fret if you sent off the letter within your rescission period to the correct address, they will honor your cancellation.

and now you can go pick up BG points on the resale market for literally nothing.

ppdaazn23

Reaction score
Thank you for the reassurance! I feel so much better now! one of the reason I cancel was that I saw posts on here saying I can get them for next to nothing instead of paying 10k for it plus 15% interest. They tricked me by showing me 6k bi-annual and only show me resort that takes 150pt for weekday and 600 for weekend, on off season!!! come to find out places that they said I can visit....I CANT book with points even after 2 years of points... thats 1400+ on fees. That alone pissed me off lol. Will look around on here when we decide to get some points! Now just the waiting game for my refund which I contacted my credit card about rushing them on reversing the charge after I send them info on the rescission. Time to get some sleep!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, we always suggest to take a few weeks to bask in the glory of saving yourself thousands of bucks and do some reading!

you might even decide a totally different system is right for you.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
...and now you can go pick up BG points on the resale market for literally nothing.

That's one good suggestion. I think a better suggestion would be to research first to make sure that owning BG, or any other timeshare/points for that matter, would be a good idea.

To the OP, and anyone else who is looking to pick up a cheap or free timeshare, I would suggest taking a few months to research all the ins and outs, ups and downs of owning. As well, compare owning vs. renting, floating vs. fixed, weeks vs. points, timeshares vs. hotels/motels/AirBNBs, etc.

You can find lots of info here on TUG from other owners and users. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Many here would be glad to help you make decisions that will avoid financial pitfalls.

Jenbo79

Reaction score
Hi everyone! im so glad I found you guys the night of purchase! so we signed the paper work which they pressured us to and i dont know how i was suckered to signed it. So we bought it on the 23rd of this month, overnight the letters and package out their owner guide on the 25th 8am. I didnt do certified mail so i wanted to be sure and mailed another one on certified mail. Copy of rescission letter also included in the owner package. It was shown as DELIVERED on the overnight letter. here is the copy of the letter i based off the samples.

February 25, 2018

Name
address

This letter is to inform you that we want to exercise our right of rescission to cancel our timeshare contract immediately that was purchased on February 24 of 2018 at the Bluegreen Vacation Preview Center in Savannah, Georgia, contract reference number XXXX, in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia. We want a full refund of the initial deposit amount of $XXXX that was paid with a visa card ending with XXXX. We also do not authorize any future additional charges to our bank account or credit card.

All items that were given to us from the purchase of timeshare are included in this package along with the cruise certificate benefit.

Sincerely,

I have been so stressed that it is not even funny. I wanted to hear from you guys that rescinded bluegreen and how it went. I just need some words of comfort. found posts that said they refunded money and cancelled the contract but im just so worried. Thank you for responding to my cry!

What address do I mail my letter to, I never got a Right to Rescind letter?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Google is your friend: Try this- from the 'Contact Us' tab in their corporate website: 4960 Conference Way North, Suite 100, Boca Raton, FL 33431

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

February 25, 2018

Name
address

February 25, 2018

Name
address

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

Welcome to TUG and Congratulations to both of you for finding TUG in time. Many find us, many don’t in time, you are the lucky ones.

Stick around and learn if timesharing is right for you and what will work best. I am an avid believer in timesharing if it is done right, right week and right place. It is not only important to get something that would work for you but also when you no longer need it that you will be able to find a new home for it.

Klzcollins

Reaction score
Help! My husband and I are in the same boat. How do we rescind? Is it based on the state where our property is seeded or where we live and signed?

February 25, 2018

Name
address

Sincerely,

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the period is based on the state you were in when you signed the contract.

read the contract carefully, it will include a (likely well hidden) section with instructions on rescinding.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Help! My husband and I are in the same boat. How do we rescind? Is it based on the state where our property is seeded or where we live and signed?
Write a simple letter. There is a template you can use just upthread. Send it to the address in your contract (it will be near the signature page) Send it USPS Certified. The time frame depends on the state where the contract was signed- from a low of like 3 days to a couple of weeks. Don't delay.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

February 25, 2018

Name
address

Sincerely,

DON'T say you "want to rescind." Say you are rescinding. A legitimate answer to your letter could be, "If you want to rescind, why don't you?"

Tiffany Jones

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Hello all,

We just purchased a bluegreens timeshare starting at 6k points yesterday. I was happy about my purchase at first but after reading reviews I just want out. As anyone had success, after canceling during rescission period? Thanks in advance

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Hello all,

We just purchased a bluegreens timeshare starting at 6k points yesterday. I was happy about my purchase at first but after reading reviews I just want out. As anyone had success, after canceling during rescission period? Thanks in advance
If you signed yesterday follow the rescind process to the T. Send Certified Return Receipt. As long as you do this you will be fine.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
grats on finding us in time to rescind!

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info and the forum! We already owned some points and love bluegreen. We purchased more Friday but then realized we can get them much cheaper through resale. We will be sending our letter tomorrow to cancel. Not sure what we will do with the thousands we will save!

One quick question.. everyone says they return the owner kit... maybe we didn’t get one since it’s our second purchase. Or are they talking about the folder with the signed documents?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info and the forum! We already owned some points and love bluegreen. We purchased more Friday but then realized we can get them much cheaper through resale. We will be sending our letter tomorrow to cancel. Not sure what we will do with the thousands we will save!

One quick question.. everyone says they return the owner kit... maybe we didn’t get one since it’s our second purchase. Or are they talking about the folder with the signed documents?
No mail tomorrow. Columbus Day. Tuesday will be fine. I'm sure you'll figure out something to spend the money on. Maybe but all the TUGgers at the resort a beer next time you're there! If they didn't give you a 'owner kit', don't return it.

Welcome to TUG. And Congratulations!

Jim

Tiffany Jones

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Thank you all so much for responding and the advice.

Do I need to send everything (the owner's book, the free gifts, the charter documents, etc..) back? Or just the contract?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for responding and the advice.

Do I need to send everything (the owner's book, the free gifts, the charter documents, etc..) back? Or just the contract?
Just send back a COPY of the contract's signature page for ID purposes. Everyone who signed the contract needs to sign the rescission letter. Anything that was a gift for attending the presentation is yours. Send back any promotional materials (and note in your rescission letter that you are doing it) by the cheapest means. Keep the postal receipt as proof so they don't charge you for something you don't want anyway. We suggest sending the rescission letter by USPS Certified w/return receipt unless the instructions say something specifically different. The Post Office is closed today for the holiday, but Tuesday will be fine.

Jim

Tiffany Jones

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Thanks Jim... writing letter now.

What attracted me to bluegreens was the Charter Package with access to the Grand Yacht club. Has anyone heard of people actually using this?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
What attracted me to bluegreens was the Charter Package with access to the Grand Yacht club. Has anyone heard of people actually using this?
This is not the only yacht sharing timeshare. Other TUGgers have used them in various places around the world. They are accessible through the major exchanges.

iris4704

Reaction score
Hi, I also got pressured into buying bluegreen points. I sent a certified letter to cancel my contract with bluegreen in the rescind period, and I checked and it was delivered. Do I need to do anything else? Will they just cancel my contract with the letter? How long does it take to get a notice of cancellation and a refund?

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I also got pressured into buying bluegreen points. I sent a certified letter to cancel my contract with bluegreen in the rescind period, and I checked and it was delivered. Do I need to do anything else? Will they just cancel my contract with the letter? How long does it take to get a notice of cancellation and a refund?

They are not under obligation to inform you of any cancellation or refund. They legally have up to 45 days to refund you everything but it usually does not take that long. If you paid by credit card, monitor your credit card activity to check for any refund.

As long as you followed the directions for rescinding correctly, they must process your rescission. Also, there's no need to ask them about it because they might try to talk you out of rescinding.