• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Just trying to get over the shock of what I almost got myself into, but Mucha gracias!!
Owning isn’t bad. Owning in the right system can be a lot of fun.

old_pilot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I agree that "owning in the right system can be a lot of fun". I am a retired airline pilot and satisfied Platinum owner of Bluegreen Owner Vacations for several years. The reason I bought in was that, being a type A workaholic, I needed something to push me to take a real vacation. I live in KS and own a "vacation" home in FL. I coined the definition of vacation home as being a home where, after visiting for a week, you need a vacation. :)

I found the folks at Bluegreen very personable until just last week. I reserved a "villa" at the Fountains in Orlando and was encouraged to attend a new owner's update ... ostensibly an hour for which I would receive a $100 voucher. The rules of BG benefits are very complicated and I had a lot of questions. That "hour" turned into an all day high pressure pitch that I had not experienced before with BG. My BG home is in Branson MO and enjoyed that wholesome environment. Boy, what a difference from the midwest values to the Florida hustle!

At the end of the day after nothing to eat and anxious to welcome my guests that I had invited to stay with us and had arrived, I just wanted to end things. I was told in this presentation that I would be unlocking some hidden benefits that would offset my maintenance fees. OK, that was intriguing. What I found when I read the paperwork later, was that I was being sold another plan with 25,000 pts when I couldn't even use the 60,000 annual pts I already had and would be losing several thousand the end of August. Boy, was I pissed. I had been through a similar high pressure, fast talking Wyndham TS that I rescinded, thanks to TUG, so no worries. I sent in my rescission letter today, saving me $32,621 of which I had made a down payment of $8605.

It is sad, but I doubt if I will ever stay at the Fountains again, and assuredly will not accept another invitation to an Ownership review/ update, etc.

In short, the $15 membership in TUG is worth its weight in GOLD.

Elle_Cee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
This is a total nightmare!!! I called BG as was written in the agreement and sent a certified registered receipt letter with the rescinded letter to them before the 5 days were up. We not only haven't gotten our money back (and yes, I'm aware they have 45 days) but, we were told we had 30 days to let them know how we were financing. It is less than 30 days and today we received a letter from them stating we decided to go with their 15.99% interest rate bank. I'm so angry right now. Is this their typical scare tactic??

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a total nightmare!!! I called BG as was written in the agreement and sent a certified registered receipt letter with the rescinded letter to them before the 5 days were up. We not only haven't gotten our money back (and yes, I'm aware they have 45 days) but, we were told we had 30 days to let them know how we were financing. It is less than 30 days and today we received a letter from them stating we decided to go with their 15.99% interest rate bank. I'm so angry right now. Is this their typical scare tactic??

Assuming that you did everything correctly, then pay no attention to that letter. I believe you rescinded about 15 days ago, so let the process work thru. Right now they are just trying to open lines of communication hoping you will change your mind.

After 45 days be sure to contact the Consumer Protection Division of the State Atty. General's Office should your refund not be received. Right now just sit back and relax.....

Elle_Cee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Assuming that you did everything correctly, then pay no attention to that letter. I believe you rescinded about 15 days ago, so let the process work thru. Right now they are just trying to open lines of communication hoping you will change your mind.

After 45 days be sure to contact the Consumer Protection Division of the State Atty. General's Office should your refund not be received. Right now just sit back and relax.....

I did everything I was supposed to. Just sent back all pamphlets, but I kept the copy of our signed contract other than enclosing a copy of the signature page when I sent the rescind letter.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I did everything I was supposed to. Just sent back all pamphlets, but I kept the copy of our signed contract other than enclosing a copy of the signature page when I sent the rescind letter.
Just relax. You followed all the laws. Ignore their phone call, and you will get your refund back. Contact the state AG office if you don’t.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Just relax. You followed all the laws. Ignore their phone call, and you will get your refund back. Contact the state AG office if you don’t.
Agree
Just sit tight.

Wingo99

Reaction score
Wonder if this is becoming their thing. I rescinded well over 45 days ago, March 4th to be exact. Supposedly it worked, never did get any ownership materials in the mail so I'm happy with that. Not terribly happy they are hanging on to $2049.00 of my money though for some reason. I had paid for this with a check, so that could be one of the issues, credit card would have made this easier. I filed a complaint with the FL attorney general's office, we will see how that goes. I'm not expecting much, but we will see.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonder if this is becoming their thing. I rescinded well over 45 days ago, March 4th to be exact. Supposedly it worked, never did get any ownership materials in the mail so I'm happy with that. Not terribly happy they are hanging on to $2049.00 of my money though for some reason. I had paid for this with a check, so that could be one of the issues, credit card would have made this easier. I filed a complaint with the FL attorney general's office, we will see how that goes. I'm not expecting much, but we will see.

Personally? If I didn't receive a refund by now (from a purchase made on March 4th) then I would follow up immediately.

Not doing so sort of indicates you are okay in owning it (since you haven't objected). Next comes all those annual fees as an owner.... It's easier to nip it in the bud right now rather than let it drag on and on.

Wingo99

Reaction score
Oh I have every intention on getting my money back. Work took my free time from early April and I got Covid then Pnemonia which really took the wind out of my sails the last nearly two weeks. But it's time, I'm starting to feel like myself again. I filed the complaint with the AG today, and will try calling tomorrow. I have no plans to just let them have it.

Wingo99

Reaction score
I called Bluegreen today, I wasn't looking forward to it much, I thought they'd try to get sneaky or something. But overall went fine I think. The lady was pleasant, said I had successfully rescinded the contract and she was going to forward the refund to financial and I should get my money back within a week. It should have been done already without having to call, but whatever if this works I'll be happy.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called Bluegreen today, I wasn't looking forward to it much, I thought they'd try to get sneaky or something. But overall went fine I think. The lady was pleasant, said I had successfully rescinded the contract and she was going to forward the refund to financial and I should get my money back within a week. It should have been done already without having to call, but whatever if this works I'll be happy.
Calling gave you peace of mind and them a little shove

Elle_Cee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen

Yayyyy...my husband got his credit card statement and the money was put back on our card 4/22. Thank all of you for talking me off a cliff!!

aaronbokc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen for now
I will be sending my letter to rescind in the morning. The template mentions sending back all of the promotional material... does that mean I need to send back the cheap orange bag and the 2 points books (RCI and BG) I was also given 2 stupid vouchers for a week at an RCI property for like 250 -- that was part of my deal.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I will be sending my letter to rescind in the morning. The template mentions sending back all of the promotional material... does that mean I need to send back the cheap orange bag and the 2 points books (RCI and BG) I was also given 2 stupid vouchers for a week at an RCI property for like 250 -- that was part of my deal.
You can choose to send back. They were promotional materials. Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer timeshares, there is no shame.

aaronbokc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen for now
Yep -- I had no intention of doing it so I didn't do any research --- had I spent 5 minutes looking beforehand.....

aaronbokc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen for now
So do i need to put the certificates for the RCI extra weeks into the envelope with the letter?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So do i need to put the certificates for the RCI extra weeks into the envelope with the letter?
No. Just the important documents. It is all about getting the rescind letter to them. Make copies of everything. The date/time stamp at the post office is what counts.

aaronbokc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen for now
OK I am going to send the letter first ting in the morning and I am also going to send a fax, My rescind statement gives me the option to Mail, fax or hand deliver.

aaronbokc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen for now
No. Just the important documents. It is all about getting the rescind letter to them. Make copies of everything. The date/time stamp at the post office is what counts.
what are the important documents that you mention?