• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek listings are just sitting online, not many are renting, a new phenomena and a waste of money for owners at $59 for verify/ protect

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We have a week at Kingsland in November on RW and haven't had any interest. We dropped the price once. It almost seems that HGV is renting some of their unused rooms because there are a lot of rooms without the seller being listed. Makes me wonder.

HGV rents on their hotel site Hilton dot com, perfectly legal. When people convert HGV points to HHonors points they get the timeshare usage. If you read the rules HGV can also take unused units in Open Season.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have rented two on Redweek with verify/ protect over the last few weeks.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that, Cindy! I know that you're struggling to figure out new usage/rental patterns and portfolio changes over the past few years.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Glad to hear that, Cindy! I know that you're struggling to figure out new usage/rental patterns and portfolio changes over the past few years.
Yes, and I have had so many verify/ protect listings that didn't rent.

I rented a June WorldMark West Yellowstone 2 bedroom for $2,000. WorldMark points can be a very nice thing to own for use and for rental purposes.

The SDO President's week premium one bedroom rented. It was not a huge profit, probably only about $300 net, but better than depositing.

I have so many SBR that I had to deposit into II after a terrible rental year. I was counting on our daughter to rent the weeks, which she is usually able to do,and really, if I have her in charge, she doesn't like me involved in renting them as well. Next year, she is competing with me because I want 0 deposits of SBR for 2025. I was renting those for cost after the beginning of August and only rented a few. I could use the profit of renting at least half myself for 2025. It would be nice to not be in the hole next year.

I will be renting Shadow Ridge for 2026, every one of them will be up for rent, 2 bedrooms. If I can get MF's back, that's all I care about, and MF's are very high now on Shadow Ridge. Marriott updated the units, and I am sure they are nice, but I expect the fees to increase like they did in 2024.