• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rebranded DRI resorts to HVC or HGVC

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is any of this in writing from Hilton?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
If your talking the about the brands, then yes though HGV tends to consider the Hilton Club and by Hilton Clubs as sub-brands of the Hilton Grand Vacation Club, At least in the past that's how they referred to them

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
All Embarc clubs will be HGVC. Confirmed at Embarc BOD meeting à few months ago.
Thank you for that information. That is great news for us HGVC members and I also hope for former CI/Embarc members. Do you have any information on the exchange agreement/rules between these two programs?

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
All Embarc clubs will be HGVC.
But does that mean equal and proportional exchanges like with any other HGVC club window? It doesn't seem it could be that simple; both groups of owners have rights and some might oppose such a full merger. For instance I'd love access to Zihua and Whistler, but might resent the demand at 9 months at Lagoon. Maybe they enter HGVC but the windows are different or there are other restrictions. Don't think we can presume anything at this point.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Thank you for that information. That is great news for us HGVC members and I also hope for former CI/Embarc members. Do you have any information on the exchange agreement/rules between these two programs?
No news about any agreements. (yet)

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
But does that mean equal and proportional exchanges like with any other HGVC club window? It doesn't seem it could be that simple; both groups of owners have rights and some might oppose such a full merger. For instance I'd love access to Zihua and Whistler, but might resent the demand at 9 months at Lagoon. Maybe they enter HGVC but the windows are different or there are other restrictions. Don't think we can presume anything at this point.
I think it will be difficult to have substantive changes because of the master déclarations on which the clubs are based. Any access given would likely have to be because of mutual exchanges between the 2 systems.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I think it will be difficult to have substantive changes because of the master déclarations on which the clubs are based. Any access given would likely have to be because of mutual exchanges between the 2 systems.
Yes, that is my thoughts also. I am wondering/hoping for a similar arrangement to what we had before CI was bought by DRI. I think that this was around 2015 or 2016.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
There will be 2 types of resorts under the Hilton banner - HGVC made up of the existing Hilton Vacation Clubs + the 9 Embarc Clubs, and HVC - made up of the current Diamond Resorts. You are correct and I'm not sure why you felt you needed to be snarky about that - I made a mistake in the acronym but that was what was meant - Diamond will be branded Hilton Vacation Club (without the "Grand").

Absolutely wasn’t trying to be snarky. I have appreciated everything you have shared and even went back into your history to get your info on CI! My sarcasm was based off of the fact HGV‘s rules are so different, but named so similar.

I truly apologize if you thought I was being snarky toward you.

Reactions: cd5

Agepay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LasPalmeras HGV
Hmm... so as an HGVC member about to purchase Embarc resale points to finally have access at Sandestin, this may prove be a waste of my money in a few months if we are given access anyway.

Other scenarios: 12mos booking for original TS/ 9 mos for newly acquired. And/or, HGVC offers access to newly acquired properties for a purchase price of $7-15k for members of both systems.
So advise to buy into Embarc now or wait and see?

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Hmm... so as an HGVC member about to purchase Embarc resale points to finally have access at Sandestin, this may prove be a waste of my money in a few months if we are given access anyway.

Other scenarios: 12mos booking for original TS/ 9 mos for newly acquired. And/or, HGVC offers access to newly acquired properties for a purchase price of $7-15k for members of both systems.
So advise to buy into Embarc now or wait and see?
I advise getting Embarc points now. Cheaper than the price Hilton will likely charge to get access & better member booking timelines.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Yes, that is my thoughts also. I am wondering/hoping for a similar arrangement to what we had before CI was bought by DRI. I think that this was around 2015 or 2016.
Doesn't look like Hilton wants this. We were told any access would cost $

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Is any of this in writing from Hilton?
If you're referring to my comments, it's on record in our board meeting minutes. Accessible to members on the Embarc site after they have been approved at the next board meeting...

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Embarc will be rebranded as HGVC however nothing will be simple, in effect, and it will cost $ to access. No details yet other than saying that the previous arrangement (prior to the DRI purchase of Club Intrawest in 2015) is not in the books (Embarc members were interested too). There are many restrictions that will limit access to Embarc from non-Embarc members - the governance documents for the clubs are very precise in what can and can't be done.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Embarc will be rebranded as HGVC however nothing will be simple, in effect, and it will cost $ to access. No details yet other than saying that the previous arrangement (prior to the DRI purchase of Club Intrawest in 2015) is not in the books (Embarc members were interested too). There are many restrictions that will limit access to Embarc from non-Embarc members - the governance documents for the clubs are very precise in what can and can't be done.

Thanks. So, as expected and discussed here, these will, effectively, be HGVC in name only as far as existing HGVC members (especially us resale scum :)) are concerned, correct? No access like other HGVC properties without added $$.

Cheers.

Agepay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LasPalmeras HGV
Thankful for your help! Good info.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Great. Just what we need is another club within the club to add to the confusion. In addition to by Hilton Club, HGVC, HGV we will now have eHGVC? (Embarc-Hilton Grand Vacations Club)

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Great. Just what we need is another club within the club to add to the confusion. In addition to by Hilton Club, HGVC, HGV we will now have eHGVC? (Embarc-Hilton Grand Vacations Club)
Looks like it...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
embarc max! =D

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Thanks. So, as expected and discussed here, these will, effectively, be HGVC in name only as far as existing HGVC members (especially us resale scum :)) are concerned, correct? No access like other HGVC properties without added $$.

Cheers.
It would likely be cheaper (and more advantageous) to just buy resale Embarc points if you want to go regularly.

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sint Maarten
Flamingo Beach, a Hilton Vacation Club
Royal Palm, a Hilton Vacation Club

Not currently true as of July 2. I am currently sitting in a room at Flamingo. Neither has been rebranded as of now. I was told they expect it by "the end of June (obviously didn't happen!) or July". We will see. But the listing is not totally correct.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
It would likely be cheaper (and more advantageous) to just buy resale Embarc points if you want to go regularly.
This is the same advice we have been giving if someone is wanting regular access to either HGVC or DRI (soon to be HVC). Why should someone "settle for the leftovers when they want the main event."

Reactions: cd5

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Why should someone pay for leftovers when they don't want the main course?
Is it becuz the main course is hot & steamy, and looks so yummy?

Bill4728

Reaction score
Where are you seeing this rebranding?? On the RCI website, available to non RCI members, there is no rebranding of the Embarc resorts. In fact many of the Embarc resorts are not even branded Embarc

Whistler is named Club Intrawest Whistler And Palm Desert has no branding at all.