• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rebranded DRI resorts to HVC or HGVC

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
As of June 24, 2022, these are the DRI resorts that have been rebranded to Hilton Vacation club or Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

Hilton Vacation Club

Arizona
Ridge on Sedona, a Hilton Vacation Club
Scottsdale Links Resort, a Hilton Vacation Club
Scottsdale Villa Mirage, a Hilton Vacation Club
Sedona Summit, a Hilton Vacation Club

California

Lake Tahoe Resort, a Hilton Vacation Club

Florida
Mystic Dunes, a Hilton Vacation Club

Hawaii
The Point at Poipu, a Hilton Vacation Club

Virginia

The Historic Powhatan Resort, a Hilton Vacation Club
Ocean Beach Club, a Hilton Vacation Club
Oceanaire, a Hilton Vacation Club

Sint Maarten
Flamingo Beach, a Hilton Vacation Club
Royal Palm, a Hilton Vacation Club

Hilton Grand Vacations Club

California
Hilton Grand Vacations Club Palm Desert (formally Embarc Palm Desert)

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I know it is the last place where things are rebranded ... or anything is updated for that matter .... but none of this is reflected on RCI yet.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know it is the last place where things are rebranded ... or anything is updated for that matter .... but none of this is reflected on RCI yet.

Do you have reason to believe that the Diamond resorts are going to be affiliated with RCI? Although many individual resorts have been affiliated with RCI and their deeded owners could use the exchange company, the Diamond point club was not affiliated with RCI. The Diamond point club is now what is called Hilton Vacation Club.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Do you have reason to believe that the Diamond resorts are going to be affiliated with RCI? Although many individual resorts have been affiliated with RCI and their deeded owners could use the exchange company, the Diamond point club was not affiliated with RCI. The Diamond point club is now what is called Hilton Vacation Club.

I think that HGV’s affiliation with RCI is the reasoning. Every resort in HGVC is in RCI. Now, could they be ending that and go to DEX or not include the former DRI resorts with the other HGV properties? Sure, but the assumption is that as long as HGV is associated with RCI, the Hilton branded properties will be in RCI. I’m not saying they will be, but HGV’s affiliation with RCI has been historically strong.

Actually, the deeded units (and probably the points accounts as well) could be triple affiliated (RCI, DEX and II). Many of the properties that were created before HGVC integrated them are dually affiliated with RCI and II.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Do you have reason to believe that the Diamond resorts are going to be affiliated with RCI?

Uhm, every single resort involved in this discussion was already affiliated with RCI before the merger. While DRI (trust and deeded week) trades in DeX, DeX is a backdoor for RCI. Basically, DeX is (at least in part) DRI's portal to RCI (but unlike other mini systems everything the DRI consumer sees is branded DeX). Not all DeX trades involve RCI (DRI to DRI trades can remain internal.)

Since I wanted to be sure what I am saying is accurate, I looked every one of these resorts up in the RCI system and provide links below. While not surprising, not a one of these has been rebranded within the information RCI presents.

Arizona

California

Florida

Hawaii

Virginia

Sint Maarten

California

Last edited:

pokerpenny

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
As of June 24, 2022, these are the DRI resorts that have been rebranded to Hilton Vacation club or Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

Hilton Vacation Club

Arizona

California

Florida

Hawaii

Virginia

Sint Maarten

California
thank you for this, but can you tell me what that means I am a DIAMOND ONLY member

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Hawaii
I followed the link and the pictures of the resort are at least 10 years old. They were taken before the water intrusion external repairs and before the interior updates. It may be a long time before RCI updates for the new branding.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welcome to RCI listings! I believe it is on the properties/HVC/DRI to update the photos and information versus RCI. It must be a pain because few resorts keep them updated. I will bet HVC/HGVC can get what it wants out of RCI .... because once they leave it is a huge blow to the exchange (especially following DVC).

HGVC/DRI make money out of rebranding these resorts on hilton.com and building up sales sizzle for HVC Max .... updating RCI listings .... not so much.

I followed the link and the pictures of the resort are at least 10 years old. They were taken before the water intrusion external repairs and before the interior updates.

It may be a long time before RCI updates for the new branding.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hypothetically it will come in the futurre ... and assuming there is inventory available at the 6-month mark.

This is a wait and see thing for a prudent purchaser, and still almost assuredly not worth it for most.

So do you to join max to get access?

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
Hypothetically it will come in the futurre ... and assuming there is inventory available at the 6-month mark.

This is a wait and see thing for a prudent purchaser, and still almost assuredly not worth it for most.
According to the sales weasel at our recent "presentation" at a Hilton Resort, we, as Diamond owners can
always use our points at DRI or DRI/HGV resorts, but not at HGV /Hilton resorts, unless you buy more DRI points,
which will cost ya $8 each for 5K points, or $40 K. This opens the door to use HGV Max. The "benefits" of HGV
Max are that your points can now be used at Hilton, but you'll be a minimum member, since no Elite Level
of DRI transfers. Eventually, the DRI Trust is intended to be broken/abrogated/done away with. The bum's rush then will
be to buy more points so as to "bring over" all your DRIn points into 100% Hilton points. Slimy all around.
This is only my understanding - YMMV.

Chika

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa del Palmar, Hilton, Diamond, Worldmark, Vindanta

Hilton Vacation Club

Arizona

California

Florida

Hawaii

Virginia

Sint Maarten

California

After years with Diamond and a Centum owner and a HGVC in South Carolina-studio + We just upgraded our points into Hilton Max at the Premier + level changed to the Elara 2 Bedroom elite.

This was a confusing process but now that we are seeing the beginning of the changes and Embarc we feel relieved. Our points and hassles will be reduced and a focus of time, money and trades. any comments welcome

Reactions: atl

elleryjean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Uhm, every single resort involved in this discussion was already affiliated with RCI before the merger. While DRI (trust and deeded week) trades in DeX, DeX is a backdoor for RCI. Basically, DeX is (at least in part) DRI's portal to RCI (but unlike other mini systems everything the DRI consumer sees is branded DeX). Not all DeX trades involve RCI (DRI to DRI trades can remain internal.)

Since I wanted to be sure what I am saying is accurate, I looked every one of these resorts up in the RCI system and provide links below. While not surprising, not a one of these has been rebranded within the information RCI presents.

Arizona

California

Florida

Hawaii

Virginia

Sint Maarten

California

I own at Embarc and I am with Interval International.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
As someone who will not be Elite and not willing to overpay for the Max thing, it seems that this is just a naming thing and has no real significance as far as I can see.

Eventually buying a DRI contract should still, as far as I know, get me into the original DRI resorts, even if renamed (P@P and KBP, for example).

Is there any reason to believe that this renaming changes that equation?

Cheers.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
After years with Diamond and a Centum owner and a HGVC in South Carolina-studio + We just upgraded our points into Hilton Max at the Premier + level changed to the Elara 2 Bedroom elite.

This was a confusing process but now that we are seeing the beginning of the changes and Embarc we feel relieved. Our points and hassles will be reduced and a focus of time, money and trades. any comments welcome
Will their be a new owner book release by Hilton explaining all these new changes to DRI and Hilton owners?:unsure:

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc

Hilton Vacation Club

Arizona

California

Florida

Hawaii

Virginia

Sint Maarten

California
All Diamond properties - not Embarc (formerly Club Intrawest) are HVC* (edited to correct acronym) branded.
All Embarc clubs will be HGVC. Confirmed at Embarc BOD meeting à few months ago.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Will existing HGVC (not joining MAX) get 9 months shot at Embarc?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
All Diamond properties - not Embarc (formerly Club Intrawest) are HGV branded.
All Embarc clubs will be HGVC. Confirmed at Embarc BOD meeting à few months ago.

DRI properties will be branded HVC (Hilton Vacation Club) while HGVC is Hilton Grand Vacation Club. HGV is the name of the overall organization that oversees all of the properties. *in best sarcastic voice * That’s all pretty clear now, isn’t it.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
There will be 2 types of resorts under the Hilton banner - HGVC made up of the existing Hilton Vacation Clubs + the 9 Embarc Clubs, and HVC - made up of the current Diamond Resorts. You are correct and I'm not sure why you felt you needed to be snarky about that - I made a mistake in the acronym but that was what was meant - Diamond will be branded Hilton Vacation Club (without the "Grand").

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There will be 2 types of resorts under the Hilton banner - HGVC made up of the existing Hilton Vacation Clubs + the 9 Embarc Clubs, and HVC - made up of the current Diamond Resorts. You are correct and I'm not sure why you felt you needed to be snarky about that - I made a mistake in the acronym but that was what was meant - Diamond will be branded Hilton Vacation Club (without the "Grand").

I think the point was re: your initial statement that the DRI ones would be branded HGV vice HVC. I took it as a typo since HGV is the parent organization.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
BTW, it will really be 4 types, HVC, HGVC, a Hilton Club resorts (formerly called by Hilton Club resorts) and the Hilton Club (a single resort that no non owners can book into, but I believe owners can book out of). At least that's my understanding - nothing goes into a separate Max category.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

I don't think he was being snarky with you. I think he was making fun of the confusion that HGV has created with their brand e.g. To riff off Monty Python There is Spam, Spam and eggs, Spam and bacon...Spam, spam, and spam!

I appreciate all of your comments on this forum and find it very helpful to understanding how Embarc will be integrated.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last edited: