• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question Amex

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Yes for Delta but make sure that it is refundable to eCredit. The basic economy isn't. The credit is just a statement credit so you are still out the cost of the plane ticket but it is an eCredit to be used later on any flight purchase.

You have club dues every year

You can prepay at some but I am not sure all. We prepay at Craig based on the exchange rate

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
can the e-credit be used on any class fare?

Credits are just money, so yes. With AS the credits can be combined for a new purchase. Not sure about DL.

Cheers.

yodaDaenerys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Orlando
HGV Max
Yes for Delta but make sure that it is refundable to eCredit. The basic economy isn't. The credit is just a statement credit so you are still out the cost of the plane ticket but it is an eCredit to be used later on any flight purchase.

You have club dues every year

You can prepay at some but I am not sure all. We prepay at Craig based on the exchange rate
i thought club dues are corporate fees, so not eligible for aspire perk? maybe I misunderstood.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
i thought club dues are corporate fees, so not eligible for aspire perk? maybe I misunderstood.
But billed as part of MFs to a resort. So should count as long as the resort counts.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
I thought that also but I thought that someone on here got it to work

That might have been me. My MF haven't posted yet, so I paid the 2024 club fees, using the Aspire card. It was billed by HGVC under our Kingsland ownership, and came through as HGV WBKL HOA. The $250 resort credit posted 4 days later.

I had gotten the $250 resort credit in Oct 2022, shortly after opening the card, but hadn't had any other Hilton resort charges since other than MFs, so was glad to claim this year's $250.

Now I will need to put it in my calendar to hold some of our 2024 KL MF until Jan 1, to collect $200, and then pay 2025 fees this time next year for the other $200.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
Now I will need to put it in my calendar to hold some of our 2024 KL MF until Jan 1, to collect $200, and then pay 2025 fees this time next year for the other $200.

Fortunately, despite the "due by Jan. 1" notes, these are not late until typically Feb. 15 or similar.

Cheers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Fortunately, despite the "due by Jan. 1" notes, these are not late until typically Feb. 15 or similar.

Cheers.

This varies by resort, look at the bottom of the bill, it runs anywhere from 30 to 60 days, I have one at 30 and a different one at 60. Think this is dictated by the HOA regime.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
That is awesome. I didn't know the MF would trigger the Resort Credit. 100% applying right now! Edit: In Amex pop-up jail! So may have to wait until next year!
Pop up jail does not mean you are not approved for the card. Many people have had the pop up and can still be approved.

All it means is you are not qualified for the welcome bonus promo.

If you change web browsers, go incognito and try different links, you can most likely get an approval.

I would also suggest the Surpass for the everyday spend gas, grocery and dining. The $50 per quarter should also trigger Dec/Jan for $100 on MF

yodaDaenerys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Orlando
HGV Max
What about a new card holder though? They would not get the $250, like before, but would they get the $200 if they paid part of the bill this calendar year and then the other $200 after Jan 1st? I think that term, that I posted above, is for existing card holders. I would think new card holders could avail of the $200 now.
i'm still considering this card.

is the $400 per calendar year, or 'membership' year?

if i am approved, can i get $200 in 2023 and then $400 in 2024?

what about the airline credit? could i get $$$ this year for flights booked for next year, and then again next year for more flights, also next year?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My wife just got it. She received the old $250 resort credit, the new $50 airline credit, and the $189 Clear credit. I assume, from the terms, we would both start receiving the $200/$200 ($400) resort credit in Jan, plus the $50 flight credit again. We just booked cheap cancellable Delta flights that refund to eCredit, then will use those toward our spring break trip.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
My wife just got it also and has received the old $250 resort credit, the new $50 airline credit, and the old $250 airline credit (selected airline before making purchases). I am also assuming that we will start receiving the $200/$200 ($400) resort credit in Jan.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
old $250 airline credit (selected airline before making purchases)
how did you do this for your wife's new one? I looked at my wife's account and it isn't an option (like the one before when you chose an airline), it is just the new $50/quarter where you don't select an airline

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
how did you do this for your wife's new one?
I couldn't find it either online so I used the chat feature to have it selected.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I couldn't find it either online so I used the chat feature to have it selected.
how did you do that in the chat? The agent added it? If so, what did you ask for?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BTW, it is annoying that they no longer that spending toward FNC graphic. You can figure out your total spend with the search tool in the activity page and search from Jan 1 to date but that is annoying.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes.

I would like to select an airline for the airline credit.

Thanks for sharing, didn't realize they will still let you get the old $250 credit for incidentals. I am going to have to try chatting also to select an airline. Due to this thread, this card keeps on getting better and better for this year, 2023!!! :)

Great3