• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie. Wondering if I should rescind. Help appreciated!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Gentlemen:

Regarding contract "123" for purchase of a timeshare at "ABC" resort. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of "$123." Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

John Husband
Jane Wife

Jjdjtpln

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Village vacation
Hi, new member here! Currently staying at Vistana Villages in Orlando and was invited to a presentation yesterday. Long story short, purchased Sheraton Flex deeded ownership w/25,800 star options/points annually starting in 2022 and a bonus of 50K points this year. Unlimited getaway weeks and gold elite status for life. Price tag $10K. Was told that I can book 4 night stays at resorts around the world for 7200 options/points which would allow me to travel several times a year at their properties with selected plan. I started researching last night and all day today and found this forum. Now second guessing. Would love input. Is this worth it? Anyone have experience with this type of ownership and can offer advice? Should I resincd? Thanks in advance!

I just want to thank everyone in this forum for your tips and guidance. As a young person who made a very impulsive decision and was very nervous about the repercussions, you guys have truly put my mind and heart at ease. Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
AFTER YOU RESCIND:

1. Don't buy anything for several months.
2. Research; TUG is great for that; keep asking questions.
3. Buy resale.
4. Take your time; resale prices aren't going up.
5. Consider renting a few times. It will give you an idea of the differences between resorts and systems and inform you as to what you are willing to pay extra to have and what is unnecessary for you.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
you should buy a timeshare only after 50 hours, possibly 100 hours, of research. This is from someone who had as many as 7 timeshares, all bought for $1.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I just want to thank everyone in this forum for your tips and guidance. As a young person who made a very impulsive decision and was very nervous about the repercussions, you guys have truly put my mind and heart at ease. Thank you so much.

I made my first impulse timeshare buy at 22. They prey on all of us.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I can’t afford to do leave work tomorrow unannounced like that. I couldn’t have him sign the letter and express mail it to me?

My comment about flying to NJ was made in jest to show the severity of the situation. You both need to sign. Overnighting the signed letter to you works but get it done ASAP. You don’t need any delays with sending the letter.

Reaction score
AFTER YOU RESCIND:

1. Don't buy anything for several months.
2. Research; TUG is great for that; keep asking questions.
3. Buy resale.
4. Take your time; resale prices aren't going up.
5. Consider renting a few times. It will give you an idea of the differences between resorts and systems and inform you as to what you are willing to pay extra to have and what is unnecessary for you.
This is my plan. I've learned so much from this site in the last two days and plan to learn more. Thank you!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
This is my plan. I've learned so much from this site in the last two days and plan to learn more. Thank you!
I suggest you stay within vistana. If you want the same things they sold you on, buy a mandatory deed. Familiarize yourself with what mandatory and voluntary deeds are in vistana resorts.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I made my first impulse timeshare buy at 22. They prey on all of us.
But you've since stuck it to the TS industry.

B4d 24

Reaction score
If you bought from the developer then, yes, rescind. What day did you sign the contract?
SHERATON FLEX VACATION POINTS, 118,000 FLEX POINTS, ANNUAL TIMESHARE - Price: $1.00
Would Sheraton exercise their right of first refusal? Or I guess how often does that happen?