• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie. Wondering if I should rescind. Help appreciated!

Reaction score
Hi, new member here! Currently staying at Vistana Villages in Orlando and was invited to a presentation yesterday. Long story short, purchased Sheraton Flex deeded ownership w/25,800 star options/points annually starting in 2022 and a bonus of 50K points this year. Unlimited getaway weeks and gold elite status for life. Price tag $10K. Was told that I can book 4 night stays at resorts around the world for 7200 options/points which would allow me to travel several times a year at their properties with selected plan. I started researching last night and all day today and found this forum. Now second guessing. Would love input. Is this worth it? Anyone have experience with this type of ownership and can offer advice? Should I resincd? Thanks in advance!

rrsafety

Reaction score
If you bought from the developer then, yes, rescind. What day did you sign the contract?
SHERATON FLEX VACATION POINTS, 118,000 FLEX POINTS, ANNUAL TIMESHARE - Price: $1.00

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Are you aware that there is a resale market for Sheraton Flex? Current listings (www.redweek.com) include one for 81000 FlexOptions for a dollar. Yes, ONE dollar. You overpaid -- and should rescind if you are within the time period.

btw -- 25800 FlexOptions are totally inadequate; they will get you a Hawaii studio for three days once/year. Unlimited getaways are available to everyone.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Rescind while you can and then take the time to research before you buy anything.
Timeshare deals from the sales team will always be there but YOU’LL ONLY HAVE ONE OPPORTUNITY TO RESCIND.

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
Rescind now. Check ebay there are several for sale one is 118000 Sheraton flex annual points for $2.00 ends in about 30 minutes with no bids. There are 4 others for sale also.

Jjdjtpln

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Village vacation
Rescind now. Check ebay there are several for sale one is 118000 Sheraton flex annual points for $2.00 ends in about 30 minutes with no bids. There are 4 others for sale also.

how do you go about rescinding? I just got one yesterday and am immediately regretting it. I’m fine with cutting my losses in theinitial payment

Jjdjtpln

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Village vacation
Rescind while you can and then take the time to research before you buy anything.
Timeshare deals from the sales team will always be there but YOU’LL ONLY HAVE ONE OPPORTUNITY TO RESCIND.

How do you go about rescinding? I just got a timeshare yesterday and want to get out of it as soon as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK. There are 2 of you. You're both pretty smart for double thinking your purchase. Both of you purchased in Florida. By law, you have 10 days from purchase to rescind. That is, to undo the contract and get your complete deposit back. The instructions are in your ownership package. Read it thoroughly. Whoever signed the original contract must sign the letter of rescission. You can find examples of a proper rescission letter on this site. The instructions in your package will tell you how to send your letter. Probably certified USPS with a return receipt. Relax and research. You have plenty of time. Don't go back to the sales office. No good can come of that. If you like the concept, you can learn how to do it right (resale) in the coming months. Study before you buy.

Reaction score
If you bought from the developer then, yes, rescind. What day did you sign the contract?
SHERATON FLEX VACATION POINTS, 118,000 FLEX POINTS, ANNUAL TIMESHARE - Price: $1.00
I purchased yesterday, 2/14. I will take everyone's advice and start the rescind process this eve. Thank you all!

Wondering if I should turn in the tablet while still here or mail it with the certified letter...?

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 154k & Bali Hai 105k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HVC South Bend 1/1
Hi, new member here! Currently staying at Vistana Villages in Orlando and was invited to a presentation yesterday. Long story short, purchased Sheraton Flex deeded ownership w/25,800 star options/points annually starting in 2022 and a bonus of 50K points this year. Unlimited getaway weeks and gold elite status for life. Price tag $10K. Was told that I can book 4 night stays at resorts around the world for 7200 options/points which would allow me to travel several times a year at their properties with selected plan. I started researching last night and all day today and found this forum. Now second guessing. Would love input. Is this worth it? Anyone have experience with this type of ownership and can offer advice? Should I resincd? Thanks in advance!
Rescind. You can buy for $1

Reaction score
OK. There are 2 of you. You're both pretty smart for double thinking your purchase. Both of you purchased in Florida. By law, you have 10 days from purchase to rescind. That is, to undo the contract and get your complete deposit back. The instructions are in your ownership package. Read it thoroughly. Whoever signed the original contract must sign the letter of rescission. You can find examples of a proper rescission letter on this site. The instructions in your package will tell you how to send your letter. Probably certified USPS with a return receipt. Relax and research. You have plenty of time. Don't go back to the sales office. No good can come of that. If you like the concept, you can learn how to do it right (resale) in the coming months. Study before you buy.
Thanks so much! Very helpful. Going through paperwork now as we speak!

Reaction score
Are you aware that there is a resale market for Sheraton Flex? Current listings (www.redweek.com) include one for 81000 FlexOptions for a dollar. Yes, ONE dollar. You overpaid -- and should rescind if you are within the time period.

btw -- 25800 FlexOptions are totally inadequate; they will get you a Hawaii studio for three days once/year. Unlimited getaways are available to everyone.
No, I wasn't aware. Thank you for the info. I will check out Redweek.
So basically they lied about how much travel I can get with the points. Figured...
Again, thank you!

Jjdjtpln

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Village vacation

A God send you are! I really appreciate your help! Here’s the kicker tho....I co-signed with my long term partner who just flew back home to New Jersey while I stayed here in florida cause I live here(they came down to visit and we ended up co-signing on a timeshare at Vacation Village in Kissimmee) . So being that they are in NJ, do I have them sign a couple copies of this rescind letter and overnight mail it to me so I could sign and send it to wherever it needs to go? (My partner also has the ownership package documents) I really appreciate your help truly. I’ve been trying to keep my heart calm after I realize what we’d done.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A God send you are! I really appreciate your help! Here’s the kicker tho....I co-signed with my long term partner who just flew back home to New Jersey while I stayed here in florida cause I live here(they came down to visit and we ended up co-signing on a timeshare at Vacation Village in Kissimmee) . So being that they are in NJ, do I have them sign a couple copies of this rescind letter and overnight mail it to me so I could sign and send it to wherever it needs to go? (My partner also has the ownership package documents) I really appreciate your help truly. I’ve been trying to keep my heart calm after I realize what we’d done.

Both you and your partner need to sign. I don’t have a copy of the BG rescission instructions. Unless specified, just send certified, without signature required. Keep a copy of all paperwork.

If you want me to take a look at the rescission instructions, send me a screenshot. What I am attaching is for Wyndham, as an example.

Attachments

• 411EA633-6D29-4BA4-917C-9D3801BF38DF.jpeg
    411EA633-6D29-4BA4-917C-9D3801BF38DF.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 88

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Rescind immediately, as others have said.
It can be purchased for $1 resale.
And 25,800 staroptions gets you nothing, maybe 2-3 nights.
Vistana is using a bait and switch. Showing gullible customers the VSN escapes program that has almost no inventory (like less than 1% availability) to say you can get 4 nights for 7200 staroptions. In reality, you will never ever be able to book this

Reaction score
Vistana is using a bait and switch. Showing gullible customers the VSN escapes program that has almost no inventory (like less than 1% availability) to say you can get 4 nights for 7200 staroptions. In reality, you will never ever be able to book thi
Vistana is using a bait and switch. Showing gullible customers the VSN escapes program that has almost no inventory (like less than 1% availability) to say you can get 4 nights for 7200 staroptions. In reality, you will never ever be able to book this
Wow, unbelievable! Thank you so much. Typing up my letter as we speak.

Jjdjtpln

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Village vacation
Wow, unbelievable! Thank you so much. Typing up my letter as we speak.

Here’s a letter template I got from the forum linked:

Gentlemen:

Regarding contract "123" for purchase of a timeshare at "ABC" resort. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of "$123." Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

John Husband
Jane Wife

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/faq-rescinding-canceling-a-timeshare-purchase.74493/

Reaction score
Here’s a letter template I got from the forum linked:

Gentlemen:

Regarding contract "123" for purchase of a timeshare at "ABC" resort. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of "$123." Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

John Husband
Jane Wife

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/faq-rescinding-canceling-a-timeshare-purchase.74493/

Thanks so much!!

Jjdjtpln

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Village vacation
Both you and your partner need to sign. I don’t have a copy of the BG rescission instructions. Unless specified, just send certified, without signature required. Keep a copy of all paperwork.

If you want me to take a look at the rescission instructions, send me a screenshot. What I am attaching is for Wyndham, as an example.

c6af082b4fd18d6d000e89e1a327610d.jpg

Hopefully you are able to see this clearly but this is what my partner found when to going through the documents. I’m just not sure where exactly to send the letter to or where to find that information in the documents

Jjdjtpln

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Village vacation
1dae3d36f6d2df28bd5c4694b38989f5.jpeg

WAIT I FOUND IT!!!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
This is easy! RESCIND IMMEDIATELY. 25,800K will get you nothing! Tell me they are using the VSN escapes offer as a sales tactic. They will stop at nothing!

Consider yourself lucky you found TUG!

Buy a SVV resale key west or Bella phase 2 bedroom at 81K Star Options. You’ll pay 1000 for it and you can get much better usage out of 81K star options.

Stay away from flex ownerships and buy a mandatory property in vistana. You’ll be able to book any resort in the VSN at 8 months.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

WAIT I FOUND IT!!!

If I were you, I’d fly to NJ tomorrow and both sign it and send it from NJ! The cost of the airline ticket will be money well spent!!

Jjdjtpln

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Village vacation
If I were you, I’d fly to NJ tomorrow and both sign it and send it from NJ! The cost of the airline ticket will be money well spent!!

I can’t afford to do leave work tomorrow unannounced like that. I couldn’t have him sign the letter and express mail it to me?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

WAIT I FOUND IT!!!

Okay. Write a letter saying you wish to cancel, have your partner print out and sign overnight. Once you get, send certified.

Legally, email or faxed signatures are valid (especially in covid area), but you don’t want to mess around or be cute in this circumstance.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can’t afford to do leave work tomorrow unannounced like that. I couldn’t have him sign the letter and express mail it to me?

Yes you could. Just be sure when you send, you send certified. It’s the only legally founded and introducible mailing documentation by itself. A certificate of mailing requires an affidavit to be introduced into court.